Television

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.
User avatar
Superstar
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4560
Joined: Tue Feb 15 12:21 pm
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Television

Post by Superstar » Thu Oct 10 10:54 am

Anyone watching AHS: 1984?

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30511
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 138 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Thu Oct 10 9:11 pm

Superstar wrote:
Thu Oct 10 10:54 am
Anyone watching AHS: 1984?
I will once it hits Netflix. :wink:

Mayans MC still going very well. I think Sutter fine-tuned SOA, from some of the viewer complaints, and man, it's really nice.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15921
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 224 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Oct 18 9:25 am

Has anyone tried Looking For Alaska? I did not read the book but it was very well received and I'm curious about it being adapted to television.

Also I am through S2 E5 of Killing Eve now and although there's been a few jump the shark moments for me overall I have enjoyed it very much mostly due to some of the leads and the dialogue. Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh and Sean Deleney particularly are great while Kim Bodnia's Konstantin might be my favorite TV character in quite a long time. I really wish
Hidden Content...
Bill Pargrave could have lasted longer
, while Fiona Shaw's Carolyn is pretty cliched and been done before already. But I'm looking forward to seeing how S2 ends.

Looking up Kim Bodnia and I see he was part of 3 seasons of the original (Swedish?) version of The Bridge which I've been meaning to watch but never have. I might have to solve for that.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
ex_goldy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2043
Joined: Thu Mar 08 10:29 am
Location: Sitting out 2017 season
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Television

Post by ex_goldy » Tue Oct 22 12:40 am

I’m watching dancing with the stars tonight, good wife and husband entertainment, I’m not turning in my man card. And people get to vote via texting. Sean Spicer is an abomination, he is dancing with an amazing talented dancer but he looks awful. So at the end of the show they tally audience votes and scores from judges and Spicer must have a huge following because he is beating out these other dancers. It’s like the British boat that people got to vote on the name, it was boaty mcboatface or something that won. My wife is understandably upset but I’m really liking the whole crash the show concept. Really parallels how Trump got elected, people disrupting the business as usual process.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30511
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 138 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Wed Oct 23 9:54 pm

Mayans MC:

About 2/3 through the second season. Like "Sons Of Anarchy," there are a LOT of webs in place at this point. However, UNlike SOA, Mayans writers learned things, and have tightened up stuff, so it's not so haywire/off the rails. So far, everything actually DOES have a reasonable reason for taking place. It's not just "well, went rogue, stuff happened." That being said, if they keep the tightness up, I would expect 4 seasons, MAYYYYYYYYYYYYBE 5 if they come up with something to add to the current stuff. While there are a lot of moving parts, it's more accelerated than SOA.

Really loving it so far.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6760
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 45 times
Age: 41

Re: Television

Post by MNGophers29 » Fri Oct 25 1:02 pm

The Rube wrote:
Wed Oct 23 9:54 pm
Mayans MC:

About 2/3 through the second season. Like "Sons Of Anarchy," there are a LOT of webs in place at this point. However, UNlike SOA, Mayans writers learned things, and have tightened up stuff, so it's not so haywire/off the rails. So far, everything actually DOES have a reasonable reason for taking place. It's not just "well, went rogue, stuff happened." That being said, if they keep the tightness up, I would expect 4 seasons, MAYYYYYYYYYYYYBE 5 if they come up with something to add to the current stuff. While there are a lot of moving parts, it's more accelerated than SOA.

Really loving it so far.
This is pretty spot on for me too. I like not being in the middle of an episode or at the end of one and staring at the tv and saying "What. In. The. Actual. Ef?"
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30511
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 138 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Sat Oct 26 6:36 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Fri Oct 25 1:02 pm
The Rube wrote:
Wed Oct 23 9:54 pm
Mayans MC:

About 2/3 through the second season. Like "Sons Of Anarchy," there are a LOT of webs in place at this point. However, UNlike SOA, Mayans writers learned things, and have tightened up stuff, so it's not so haywire/off the rails. So far, everything actually DOES have a reasonable reason for taking place. It's not just "well, went rogue, stuff happened." That being said, if they keep the tightness up, I would expect 4 seasons, MAYYYYYYYYYYYYBE 5 if they come up with something to add to the current stuff. While there are a lot of moving parts, it's more accelerated than SOA.

Really loving it so far.
This is pretty spot on for me too. I like not being in the middle of an episode or at the end of one and staring at the tv and saying "What. In. The. Actual. Ef?"
And Ignacio rules. Coco is pretty cool, too, all things considered.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6265
Joined: Sun Jan 21 12:39 pm
Location: Killin' em in Kato!
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 37 times
Age: 46

Re: Television

Post by g-manpuck » Mon Nov 04 6:18 am

I binged season two of Jack Ryan this weekend. Just as good as the first season.
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2306
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Re: Television

Post by D2D » Mon Nov 04 6:39 am

Enjoying the half hour HBO show, "Mrs. Fletcher" (Sunday nights at 9:30).

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30511
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 138 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Wed Nov 06 9:45 pm

Mayans getting deep. I love how they really dip into the Mexican culture/ways at times. Definitely a different window than US culture.

2 eps to go before this season is done. Should be a fun ride.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9370
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 42 times
Age: 44

Re: Television

Post by davescharf » Tue Nov 12 10:10 pm

I enjoyed Episode 1 of The Mandalorian on Disney+
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
solar
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2054
Joined: Wed Feb 01 5:33 pm
Location: Minneapolis
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 8 times
Age: 50

Re: Television

Post by solar » Wed Nov 13 1:13 pm

davescharf wrote:
Tue Nov 12 10:10 pm
I enjoyed Episode 1 of The Mandalorian on Disney+
Me too. I am also very pleased that the launch of new episodes is set up the way it is. There is really no way for people to spoil the whole thing by binge watching it all in one night. :good2:

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15921
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 224 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Nov 13 1:54 pm

I enjoyed it enough I will give E2 a try. Plus my younger son likes it so it gives us something to watch together.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
NYC Gopher fan
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1529
Joined: Mon Jan 21 9:15 pm
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Television

Post by NYC Gopher fan » Wed Nov 13 11:24 pm

AHS 1984 was pretty good. One Of the better AHS seasons lately

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30511
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 138 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Wed Nov 13 11:32 pm

NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Wed Nov 13 11:24 pm
AHS 1984 was pretty good. One Of the better AHS seasons lately
I do want to see that, when it hits Netflix. There are very few AHS that I am interested in. This is one of them.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7143
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Television

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Nov 14 1:29 am

John Oliver has now reached a point where giving him awards is just plain “small potatoes”....he’s a God
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Superstar
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4560
Joined: Tue Feb 15 12:21 pm
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Television

Post by Superstar » Thu Nov 14 9:29 am

NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Wed Nov 13 11:24 pm
AHS 1984 was pretty good. One Of the better AHS seasons lately
Went to Lush to watch the finale last night...so much more fun watching with a group of people that's hosted by a drag queen. :D

I totally enjoyed this season. It was a little easier to follow than prior seasons, and the total campiness (no pun intended) of it was fantastic.

User avatar
NYC Gopher fan
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1529
Joined: Mon Jan 21 9:15 pm
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Television

Post by NYC Gopher fan » Thu Nov 14 8:31 pm

Superstar wrote:
Thu Nov 14 9:29 am
NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Wed Nov 13 11:24 pm
AHS 1984 was pretty good. One Of the better AHS seasons lately
Went to Lush to watch the finale last night...so much more fun watching with a group of people that's hosted by a drag queen. :D

I totally enjoyed this season. It was a little easier to follow than prior seasons, and the total campiness (no pun intended) of it was fantastic.
Agreed. Rumor is next season could be last amd they want all the big names back. I hope so- kind of surprised how much I liked this season with Paulson/Lange/Evan

User avatar
Superstar
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4560
Joined: Tue Feb 15 12:21 pm
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Television

Post by Superstar » Fri Nov 15 2:47 pm

NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Thu Nov 14 8:31 pm
Superstar wrote:
Thu Nov 14 9:29 am
NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Wed Nov 13 11:24 pm
AHS 1984 was pretty good. One Of the better AHS seasons lately
Went to Lush to watch the finale last night...so much more fun watching with a group of people that's hosted by a drag queen. :D

I totally enjoyed this season. It was a little easier to follow than prior seasons, and the total campiness (no pun intended) of it was fantastic.
Agreed. Rumor is next season could be last amd they want all the big names back. I hope so- kind of surprised how much I liked this season with Paulson/Lange/Evan
"Nocturna Lee Mission", ( :lol: ) the host of the viewing parties at Lush, did A LOT of research on what could be up for next season and everything was pointing towards aliens. There were a few things she mentioned to make it seem plausible.

There was another Asylum connection...someone noticed that the house Mr Jingles lived in in Alaska looks EXACTLY like the house "Kit Walker" (Evan Peters' character) owned in Asylum (see below). Could just be they went cheap and used the same set. But, I'd be more likely to believe Ryan Murphy did that intentionally for one reason or another.

Image

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4418
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 41 times
Age: 60

Re: Television

Post by Chris83 » Fri Nov 15 7:51 pm

davescharf wrote:
Tue Nov 12 10:10 pm
I enjoyed Episode 1 of The Mandalorian on Disney+
The first two episodes have been very good. As an aside, I can't imagine who is a Disney geek (like me) not signing up for Disney+. $6.99/month and you have access to virtually everything in their catalog.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9370
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 42 times
Age: 44

Re: Television

Post by davescharf » Fri Nov 15 9:40 pm

Chris83 wrote:
Fri Nov 15 7:51 pm
davescharf wrote:
Tue Nov 12 10:10 pm
I enjoyed Episode 1 of The Mandalorian on Disney+
The first two episodes have been very good. As an aside, I can't imagine who is a Disney geek (like me) not signing up for Disney+. $6.99/month and you have access to virtually everything in their catalog.
We prepaid $150 for 3 years so it was a bit cheaper. They offered it to D23 members around Labor Day
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Superstar
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4560
Joined: Tue Feb 15 12:21 pm
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Television

Post by Superstar » Sun Nov 17 7:54 pm

Verizon customers (most of them, anyway) get a free year. So I signed up for it with that. Not sure I'll keep it after a year, but, I'm enjoying it so far.

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13879
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 137 times

Re: Television

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Nov 17 8:12 pm

150 down for a streaming service that just started holy crap people really love Disney
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9370
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 42 times
Age: 44

Re: Television

Post by davescharf » Sun Nov 17 8:36 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Sun Nov 17 8:12 pm
150 down for a streaming service that just started holy crap people really love Disney
Disney fans are their own cult. The fact you have access to most of their historical library, Nat Geo, Star Wars, Marvel, and all 31 seasons of the Simpsons in one place (and it will be the only place in not too long) will make it worth the cost.
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8756
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 54 times
Age: 47

Re: Television

Post by Steve MN » Mon Nov 18 9:48 am

Hmmm... maybe I need to check my Verizon account. Wasn't really planning on getting Disney+, but with The Mandalorian running there, I may have to, especially for a free year.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
solar
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2054
Joined: Wed Feb 01 5:33 pm
Location: Minneapolis
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 8 times
Age: 50

Re: Television

Post by solar » Mon Nov 18 3:39 pm

davescharf wrote:
Sun Nov 17 8:36 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Sun Nov 17 8:12 pm
150 down for a streaming service that just started holy crap people really love Disney
Disney fans are their own cult. The fact you have access to most of their historical library, Nat Geo, Star Wars, Marvel, and all 31 seasons of the Simpsons in one place (and it will be the only place in not too long) will make it worth the cost.
This "streaming service that just started" has a deep catalog to stream right away. It's not like they are starting at ground zero.

User avatar
george
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5559
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:14 am
Location: Edina
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Television

Post by george » Fri Dec 06 7:25 am

Watched the first episode of season 3 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel last night. Still great.

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4418
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 41 times
Age: 60

Re: Television

Post by Chris83 » Sun Dec 08 10:00 pm

Just got done with episode #1 of "Crisis on Infinite Earths" for the Arrowverse on the CW. Whew! Buried the needle on the nerd meter. :lol:
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30511
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 138 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Sun Dec 08 10:02 pm

Buddy hooked me up on his Disney+. Barreled through Mandolorian. Great show. Looking forward to re-watching the classic movies, like "Lady And The Tramp" and such.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1231
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Television

Post by JC65 » Sat Dec 21 8:21 pm

Just finished Season 4 of The Expanse on Amazon Prime. Best SciFi show ever made? Probably.

(And the fourth book is, in my mind, the weakest book so far.)

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2794
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: Television

Post by Karlsson » Sat Dec 21 8:28 pm

The Rube wrote:
Sun Dec 08 10:02 pm
Buddy hooked me up on his Disney+. Barreled through Mandolorian. Great show. Looking forward to re-watching the classic movies, like "Lady And The Tramp" and such.
Someone we know has offered to let us use theirs, but I don't like this person and do not want them feeling like we owe them squat.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30511
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 138 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Sat Dec 21 9:21 pm

Karlsson wrote:
Sat Dec 21 8:28 pm
The Rube wrote:
Sun Dec 08 10:02 pm
Buddy hooked me up on his Disney+. Barreled through Mandolorian. Great show. Looking forward to re-watching the classic movies, like "Lady And The Tramp" and such.
Someone we know has offered to let us use theirs, but I don't like this person and do not want them feeling like we owe them squat.
I feel ya. In my case, he got a thank you 2015 BA Darkness and a Skywalker Rises (or whatever it's called) ticket. Worth it. Love the Disney+ thing.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Zwak
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9354
Joined: Mon Nov 13 6:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 55 times
Age: 53

Re: Television

Post by Zwak » Sat Dec 21 10:54 pm

The Rube wrote:
Sun Dec 08 10:02 pm
Buddy hooked me up on his Disney+. Barreled through Mandolorian. Great show. Looking forward to re-watching the classic movies, like "Lady And The Tramp" and such.
Don’t forget Swiss Family Robinson.
GPL's official source of trivia.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30511
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 138 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Sat Dec 21 10:56 pm

Zwak wrote:
Sat Dec 21 10:54 pm
The Rube wrote:
Sun Dec 08 10:02 pm
Buddy hooked me up on his Disney+. Barreled through Mandolorian. Great show. Looking forward to re-watching the classic movies, like "Lady And The Tramp" and such.
Don’t forget Swiss Family Robinson.
Pass. Sue me.

Forgot how messed up Alice In Wonderland was. Holy 'shrooms/LSD.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30511
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 138 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Fri Dec 27 9:58 pm

Mandalorian:

Season finale tonight. That was a winner. This series is excellent.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 14689
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 107 times
Age: 47
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by Jupiter » Fri Dec 27 10:19 pm

I just watched all 8 episodes of The Mandalorian tonight.

Enjoyed it a lot!!!!

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9370
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 42 times
Age: 44

Re: Television

Post by davescharf » Fri Dec 27 11:19 pm

I’m two behind. Will fix that Sunday or Monday
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7143
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Television

Post by Bigbeer » Wed Jan 08 7:40 pm

I got a question right on Jeopardy:Greatest whatever! These dudes are smarty pants....
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30511
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 138 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Wed Jan 08 10:07 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Wed Jan 08 7:40 pm
I got a question right on Jeopardy:Greatest whatever! These dudes are smarty pants....
I got about a dozen right tonight (which included a couple stabs in the dark).

How could they miss, "GOOD DAY, SIR!" ?!?!?!
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28344
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 217 times
Age: 31

Re: Television

Post by Beauner » Thu Jan 09 2:25 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Fri Dec 27 10:19 pm
I just watched all 8 episodes of The Mandalorian tonight.

Enjoyed it a lot!!!!
Watched this over the weekend. Really liked it. Excited for season 2! Also hearing rumors that this series may be hinting at the next big Star Wars movie franchise- battle between Mandalorians and the Jedi (apparently there was a cartoon show about it a few years ago too?)
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8496
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Television

Post by gopherguy06 » Thu Jan 09 3:54 pm

Yeah I binged over the last few days with a free trial! Really liked the show, but sad how short the episodes were. I thought they would be longer.

Any easter eggs in there I missed?

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28344
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 217 times
Age: 31

Re: Television

Post by Beauner » Thu Jan 09 5:07 pm

gopherguy06 wrote:
Thu Jan 09 3:54 pm
Yeah I binged over the last few days with a free trial! Really liked the show, but sad how short the episodes were. I thought they would be longer.

Any easter eggs in there I missed?
Probably a lot. There's a guy who did a breakdown of the episodes with a lot of in-depth info on YouTube that i watched after running through the show. Emergency Awesome is the channel. He gave all sorts of background info (like a possible Boba Fett sighting).
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9370
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 42 times
Age: 44

Re: Television

Post by davescharf » Thu Jan 09 10:23 pm

The Rube wrote:
Wed Jan 08 10:07 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Wed Jan 08 7:40 pm
I got a question right on Jeopardy:Greatest whatever! These dudes are smarty pants....
I got about a dozen right tonight (which included a couple stabs in the dark).

How could they miss, "GOOD DAY, SIR!" ?!?!?!
I played Quiz Bowl at the U for a couple years and like to think I can hold my own in a trivia content. I'm blown away by how stupid I feel watching these 3 play
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30511
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 138 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Thu Jan 09 10:30 pm

davescharf wrote:
Thu Jan 09 10:23 pm
The Rube wrote:
Wed Jan 08 10:07 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Wed Jan 08 7:40 pm
I got a question right on Jeopardy:Greatest whatever! These dudes are smarty pants....
I got about a dozen right tonight (which included a couple stabs in the dark).

How could they miss, "GOOD DAY, SIR!" ?!?!?!
I played Quiz Bowl at the U for a couple years and like to think I can hold my own in a trivia content. I'm blown away by how stupid I feel watching these 3 play
Wasn't in Quiz Bowl, but I rocked at NTN trivia. ;)

Only got about 7-8 answers right tonight; the work week is getting to me, I was having difficulty getting the answers at times (they weren't exact; like I said keystroking, instead of keylogging)
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Post Reply