Television

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 295 times
Been liked: 341 times

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Thu May 13 11:31 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Thu May 13 11:26 pm
The Rube wrote:
Thu May 13 10:04 pm
g-manpuck wrote:
Thu May 13 6:35 am
The Rube wrote:
Wed May 12 8:47 pm
Mayans MC, season finale:

..........................whoa.
My thoughts on each character:
Hidden Content...
EZ - not surprised on how that played out
Bishop - definitely curious how that played out
Marcus/Nestor - now what do they do?
Emily - She isn't safe anywhere she goes
Miguel - I believe Potter played him just to get him to move to where he wanted him to go
Adelita - is being played by Potter
The knock on the front gate?
So now we wait. :evil:
Hidden:
Hidden Content...
Marcus: He goes back to being a Mayan, all respect him. He may be not be a prez, but an advisor of sorts.
Potter/Galindo/Adelita...who the eff knows? Potter plays 3D chess. With the assassination...Potter wants what the US wants for Mexican gov't, and Galindo/Adelita can put that in place. We think. Maybe.
Santo Padre go rogue (they are not the founding chapter)?
Does EZ find out about what his Pops told his girl? That would be rough.
Is Angel really 100% on Nails, or is it what he thinks he wants?
Boy Rube, you went DEEP! GMan had about the same questions as I do. Bud now you are making me think Rube.
I read deep into organized crime, which is what the Mayans are, basically. Structure, traditions, methods, culture, etc. *shrug* it's an interest of mine.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat May 15 5:10 pm

The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers (Dis+)
Ep 8/10.

This could have easily been a season finale, with the ending. Great series so far, have had a lot of fun watching it. One thing, though. REALLY? THAT IS THE GAME-WINNING GOAL?! YOU KIDDING ME?! :chainsaw:
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

D2D
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 493 times
Been liked: 167 times

Post by D2D » Sat May 15 6:07 pm

Those Mighty Ducks must be my age by now! :wink:
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri May 28 8:42 pm

Friends Reunion (HBO Max):

It was what I was expecting, and it was really fun. I never looked up any of the trivia/behind the scenes stuff, so all that was new to me, and really interesting. The bloopers were great, the general feel of the re-uniting of the cast felt genuine. A good watch.

FTR, I still think Rachel should have gotten on that plane. It would have elevated the series even higher. But, that's not the ending the audience wanted, so.....

TheRube33 on UnTappd

davescharf
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 213 times

Post by davescharf » Fri May 28 8:52 pm

The Rube wrote:
Fri May 28 8:42 pm

It was what I was expecting, and it was really fun. I never looked up any of the trivia/behind the scenes stuff, so all that was new to me, and really interesting. The bloopers were great, the general feel of the re-uniting of the cast felt genuine. A good watch.

FTR, I still think Rachel should have gotten on that plane. It would have elevated the series even higher. But, that's not the ending the audience wanted, so.....
Best line I saw on Twitter about the reunion was that it should have been about Seinfeld
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri May 28 8:53 pm

davescharf wrote:
Fri May 28 8:52 pm
The Rube wrote:

Best line I saw on Twitter about the reunion was that it should have been about Seinfeld
Seinfeld sucked. I have said my piece, I will not change my mind, so don't bother. :wink:

TheRube33 on UnTappd

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 474 times

Post by frozen4champs » Fri May 28 8:59 pm

The Rube wrote:

I liked it for the most part. Pretty well done. Lots of LOL moments. Not sure why they had the part where they interviewed the fans of Friends from around the world. The other part I was not a fan of was having celebs who were never part of the show included on the reunion. I would love a show like that for Cheers or Seinfeld.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri May 28 9:07 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Fri May 28 8:59 pm
The Rube wrote:

I liked it for the most part. Pretty well done. Lots of LOL moments. Not sure why they had the part where they interviewed the fans of Friends from around the world. The other part I was not a fan of was having celebs who were never part of the show included on the reunion. I would love a show like that for Cheers or Seinfeld.
Pretty sure Cheers did a reunion show of sorts.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bigbeer
Veteran
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Bigbeer » Fri May 28 9:23 pm

The Rube wrote:
Fri May 28 8:53 pm
davescharf wrote:
The Rube wrote:

Seinfeld sucked. I have said my piece, I will not change my mind, so don't bother. :wink:
Seinfeld is the best conedy show in history
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri May 28 9:28 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Fri May 28 9:23 pm
The Rube wrote:
davescharf wrote:
The Rube wrote:

Seinfeld is the best conedy show in history
You couldn't be more wrong.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

D2D
Golden
Golden

Post by D2D » Fri May 28 9:55 pm

The Rube wrote:
Fri May 28 9:28 pm
Which comedy show would get your vote?

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri May 28 10:03 pm

D2D wrote:
Fri May 28 9:55 pm
The Rube wrote:
Cheers.
Friends was so excellent for the first few seasons, but then deteriorated into caricatures of the characters, and slid downward.
The Cosby Show was also excellent (separating the comedian from the person in hindsight). That's up there.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Karlsson
Veteran
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 211 times

Post by Karlsson » Fri May 28 10:34 pm

D2D wrote:
The Rube wrote:
Don't bother

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri May 28 10:36 pm

Karlsson wrote:
Fri May 28 10:34 pm
D2D wrote:
The Rube wrote:
Don't bother
I haven't heard of that one. Any good?

TheRube33 on UnTappd

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Sat May 29 12:01 am

The Rube wrote:
Fri May 28 10:03 pm
D2D wrote:
The Rube wrote:
Cheers.
Friends was so excellent for the first few seasons, but then deteriorated into caricatures of the characters, and slid downward.
The Cosby Show was also excellent (separating the comedian from the person in hindsight). That's up there.
Cheers is still the gold standard for me. I loved Night Court too.

It took me a long time to appreciate Seinfeld but once I did I was hooked so easily. Just never could get into Friends

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 465 times
Been liked: 421 times

Post by Slap Shot » Sat May 29 3:12 am

The Rube wrote:
davescharf wrote:
The Rube wrote:

Well there's no accounting for taste. :mrgreen:
Currently under construction.

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 474 times

Post by frozen4champs » Sat May 29 8:47 am

For me, some of my favorite comedies.
1. Curb Your Enthusiasm
2. Seinfeld
3. Cheers
4. Veep
5. Larry Sanders Show

HM-- M*A*S*H, The Office, SNL (early years), Eastbound and Down, Friends

5 O.T.
Veteran
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by 5 O.T. » Sat May 29 9:29 am

The Honeymooners

Bob Newhart Show (1st version)

Bob Newhart ( 2nd version)

WKRP in Cincinnati

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat May 29 10:14 am

Might Ducks: Game Changers (Dis+)

The season finale dropped, and it was pretty good. Nothing too surprising, of course, but it still kept it fun. I'll be curious to see if the series keeps going, and what direction it will take if it does.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Zwak
Has liked: 205 times
Been liked: 208 times

Post by Zwak » Sat May 29 10:14 am

1. Seinfeld
2. Cheers
3. 30 Rock
4. Reno: 911
5. WKRP

Others receiving votes: Friends, MASH, Bob Newhart
GPL's official source of trivia.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sun May 30 12:17 am

M*A*S*H was brilliant up until Alan Alda gained too much control for my liking, and as they slowly lost Blake, Trapper, Frank and Radar some of the better characters were too much to overcome. Imagine a network show today having characters named Hot Lips and Spearchucker Jones. Col. Flagg might be my favorite bit character ever.

Hitler's Circle of Evil on Netflix, a 10-part docu-series.  One of the better series I've seen in a long time from any source and easily near the top for Netflix which has not done great job in the genre imho.  There was a lot to unpack with several stories and facts I'd not been aware of before.  I did find it interesting there was no mention whatsoever of Eichmann whom I thought had a high enough ranking to earn mention. Either way it's well worth the time.

Karlsson
Veteran

Post by Karlsson » Sun May 30 12:43 am

Friends gets a lot of crap, and I'll agree it is overrated, but I enjoyed it. Watched the reunion tonight. Matt LeBlanc is just an everyman funny guy. Really liked listening to him tell his stories.

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 246 times
Been liked: 106 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun May 30 2:36 pm

The Rube wrote:
davescharf wrote:
The Rube wrote:

Are you referring just to the Finale…or the show?

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun May 30 3:11 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun May 30 2:36 pm
The Rube wrote:
davescharf wrote:
The Rube wrote:

The show. I got what they were doing, saw what are generally considered the best episodes, and did absolutely nothing for me.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Sun May 30 5:25 pm

The Rube wrote:
Sun May 30 3:11 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
The Rube wrote:
davescharf wrote:
The Rube wrote:

The show. I got what they were doing, saw what are generally considered the best episodes, and did absolutely nothing for me.
It was too smart for you, we get it... :D
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun May 30 5:38 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Sun May 30 5:25 pm
The Rube wrote:
bearpaw28 wrote:
The Rube wrote:
davescharf wrote:
The Rube wrote:

^^^^^the most common remark from a person who's a fan to someone who's not a fan. :D

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 453 times
Been liked: 168 times

Post by Steve MN » Sun May 30 6:44 pm

The Rube wrote:
Sun May 30 5:38 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Sun May 30 5:25 pm
The Rube wrote:
bearpaw28 wrote:
The Rube wrote:
davescharf wrote:
The Rube wrote:

^^^^^the most common remark from a person who's a fan to someone who's not a fan. :D
Isn't it amazing how many people that seem to think they're so intelligent to get something can't comprehend that other people don't necessarily share their sense of humor?
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun May 30 6:48 pm

The Rube wrote:
bearpaw28 wrote:
The Rube wrote:
davescharf wrote:
The Rube wrote:

How about Curb Your Enthusiasm…I take it U don’t exactly care for it either then? 😊

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun May 30 6:50 pm

I can understand how someone might not care for Seinfeld. But saying it “sucks” is preposterous statement tourney fodder 😉 :ahhh: :biggrin2:

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun May 30 7:08 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun May 30 6:48 pm
The Rube wrote:
bearpaw28 wrote:
The Rube wrote:
davescharf wrote:
The Rube wrote:

How about Curb Your Enthusiasm…I take it U don’t exactly care for it either then? 😊
I've seen a handful of eps. That had its moments, but overall, meh.

Funniest show I've seen recently has been Letterkenny. I have some friends that definitely hate that dry style of humor, though, and I get it. Not for everyone.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

fightclub30
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 83 times

Post by fightclub30 » Sun May 30 9:32 pm

Anything worth checking out on HBO Max? Wife signed us up due to the friends reunion show, so now we've got it for at least 2 more weeks.

We just started the flight attendant tonight, seems interesting so far.

Anything else worth the time?

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun May 30 9:35 pm

fightclub30 wrote:
Sun May 30 9:32 pm
Anything worth checking out on HBO Max? Wife signed us up due to the friends reunion show, so now we've got it for at least 2 more weeks.

You have to dig a little, but lots of good older movies, and of course the Warner Bros deal with them where when THEIR movies hit the theaters, you can watch them on opening day.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 271 times

Post by Beauner » Sun May 30 10:46 pm

Watching the ESPN E:60 story on Drew Robinson. Pro baseball player who had been up and down in the majors and battling depression for years. It all came to a head last April.

He attempted to commit suicide by shooting himself in the head.
Survived. Called 911 about 20 hours later (after walking to his bed and falling asleep) to report it. E:60 showed the bodycam footage of the police answering the call thinking it was an ambush, because he said he shot himself in the head last night and is still alive and nobody believed it was real. Body cam footage showed some gore so if you're squeamish it may be worth turning away from.

Incredible story. He's very candid about everything, doesn't hold anything back.

Strongly recommend watching.

You never know who is going through what. Reach out to your loved ones, friends, etc.

He's back playing baseball now, in AAA. With one eye. It's incredible that he's still alive, let alone playing professional baseball again.

Couple weeks ago he did this

Edit to add: Here is the link to the article. It has a video clip.
Pretty sure the full video is on ESPN+

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/308 ... second-act

Edit 2: It will also be re-aired on ESPNews on June 1 at 10pm, June 5 at 7am, and June 6 at 11pm.
As well as June 9th on ESPN2 at 4am.

For those with DVR that want to watch. Highly highly recommend.
Last edited by Beauner on Sun May 30 11:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun May 30 10:49 pm

The 30 For 30s/E:60s are amazing, I wish they were on more streaming platforms. That is one thing ESPN has done very well.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Mon May 31 2:35 am

Just finaished Mare of Easttown: absolutely phenomenal. I’m not ashamed to say because I’m lit that I out loud cried at the end....it’s that good. So complex, well written and well acted. Kate Wnslet killed it here in every way.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Mon May 31 10:50 pm

Started Deadwood on HBO Max tonight. Yep, addicted. Got through the first 3 eps. What a cast, I must say. Looking forward to how it pans out in the end (including the movie).

TheRube33 on UnTappd

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 154 times

Post by MNGophers29 » Tue Jun 01 12:10 pm

The Rube wrote:
Mon May 31 10:50 pm
Started Deadwood on HBO Max tonight. Yep, addicted. Got through the first 3 eps. What a cast, I must say. Looking forward to how it pans out in the end (including the movie).
Did you not watch it when it was on HBO originally?

I agree, the cast is great and it starts out awesome, but if I recall it gets a bit stale as it progresses. Could have been the time in my life when I watched it, I should watch it again.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Tue Jun 01 1:11 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Tue Jun 01 12:10 pm
The Rube wrote:

I agree, the cast is great and it starts out awesome, but if I recall it gets a bit stale as it progresses. Could have been the time in my life when I watched it, I should watch it again.
I have never had HBO until HBO Max. :wink:

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Reg Dunlop
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Reg Dunlop » Tue Jun 01 2:03 pm

fightclub30 wrote:

Veep
"Let 'em know you're there!"

Thirty-four: "Reg, I gotta tell you, of all the people on the board, you are one of the five I'd like to buy a beer!" :beerchug:

Frozen Four: BSU=JBSU=LOL

Chris83
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 144 times

Post by Chris83 » Tue Jun 01 4:30 pm

fightclub30 wrote:

Chernobyl
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Tue Jun 01 6:42 pm

fightclub30 wrote:

Season 1 of True Detective if you're only going to have it for a couple more weeks.

Kelly Red
Veteran
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by Kelly Red » Tue Jun 01 7:02 pm

Chris83 wrote:
Tue Jun 01 4:30 pm
fightclub30 wrote:

Chernobyl
THIS!
Honestly I’m surprised the road to Hell is paved at all.
-blatant steal from Twitter

Kelly Red
Veteran
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by Kelly Red » Tue Jun 01 7:04 pm

fightclub30 wrote:

I loved The Watchmen.
Honestly I’m surprised the road to Hell is paved at all.
-blatant steal from Twitter

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Tue Jun 01 7:07 pm

Watchmen was also great.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Tue Jun 01 7:21 pm

Chris83 wrote:
Tue Jun 01 4:30 pm
fightclub30 wrote:

Chernobyl
I should watch that again. After watching it, I bought "Midnight At Chernobyl" by Adam Higginbotham, and the book is in great detail about the USSR nuclear program from the beginning, through the building of the plants, through the disaster. Incredible read.
And True Detective S1 is really damn good, too.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Tue Jun 01 9:29 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Tue Jun 01 12:10 pm
The Rube wrote:

On Ep 10. I think Jane and I could be besties. I think she might cuss more than me. :shock:

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Jun 02 9:10 pm

Somethings aren't adding up for.me from the finale of Mare of Easttown even though I realize it doesn't change the outcome.
Hidden Content...
The old man said he noticed his gun was missing even though Ryan only had it for a few hours. Also what big secret did Dylan insist to keep with Erin's friend even though they had nothing to do with Erin's death?

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed Jun 02 9:13 pm

Finished S1 of Deadwood.

I am very glad that the minor storyline of Jewel (the gimp) moved forward a bit. I was always rooting for her to make something of herself, earn some respect (even if it is self-respect).

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Zwak
Has liked: 205 times
Been liked: 208 times

Post by Zwak » Mon Jun 07 11:55 am

So I was checking out Prime Video last night and found a show called Unforgettable. Starting in 2011 it ran for 3 years on CBS and then 1 year on A&E. Basic premise is an ex-cop has hyperthymesia, a rare medical condition that gives her the ability to visually remember everything. She joins the NYPD to help solve crimes with her amazing memory.

Might be one of the dumbest shows I have ever seen. The things they had to dream up for her to use her amazing skill were just too much to believe. Plus there was zero chemistry with any of the characters.
GPL's official source of trivia.

Greyeagle
Has liked: 1001 times
Been liked: 627 times

Post by Greyeagle » Mon Jun 07 11:58 am

Better late than never but just finished season 1 of Ted Lasso. Brilliant show & can't wait until season 2 is released.
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

D2D
Golden
Golden

Post by D2D » Mon Jun 07 6:12 pm

Zwak wrote:
Mon Jun 07 11:55 am
So I was checking out Prime Video last night and found a show called Unforgettable. Starting in 2011 it ran for 3 years on CBS and then 1 year on A&E. Basic premise is an ex-cop has hyperthymesia, a rare medical condition that gives her the ability to visually remember everything. She joins the NYPD to help solve crimes with her amazing memory.
Geez not even Wonder Woman could do that!
And who knows, maybe they'll revive the series and name it "Forgettable".

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Mon Jun 07 7:33 pm

Zwak wrote:
Mon Jun 07 11:55 am

Might be one of the dumbest shows I have ever seen. The things they had to dream up for her to use her amazing skill were just too much to believe. Plus there was zero chemistry with any of the characters.
David Baldacci has a series about a man named Amos Decker with the same condition. The series itself isn't bad but I've stopped actively seeking out Baldacci as an author in the past 12-18 months.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Mon Jun 07 8:34 pm

The Mayans (current show) has a main character that has that skill/talent/whatever, but they don't abuse it for the storyline. It's an enhancement, so to speak.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Superstar
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Superstar » Tue Jun 08 9:32 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Mon Jun 07 11:58 am
Better late than never but just finished season 1 of Ted Lasso. Brilliant show & can't wait until season 2 is released.
We just finished watching it for probably the 7th or 8th time. I'm sure we'll be watching it AT LEAST one more time before season 2 comes out. Absolutely love this show.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Jun 09 6:31 pm

Loki E1 - ridiculously entertaining.

Greyeagle
Has liked: 1001 times
Been liked: 627 times

Post by Greyeagle » Thu Jun 10 10:09 am

Superstar wrote:
Tue Jun 08 9:32 pm
Greyeagle wrote:
Mon Jun 07 11:58 am
We just finished watching it for probably the 7th or 8th time. I'm sure we'll be watching it AT LEAST one more time before season 2 comes out. Absolutely love this show.
It's Derry Girls / Arrested Development funny yet very tender at times (as is Derry Girls). I can see a re-watch in our future, too.
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Jun 10 11:35 am

Not saying she's Helen Mirren-like, but Elizabeth Banks is hosting a game show?

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Jun 10 12:39 pm

Lupin S2 will happen. :dup:

Norm
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 97 times

Post by Norm » Thu Jun 10 1:04 pm

The Rube wrote:
davescharf wrote:
The Rube wrote:

Where's the down vote button?

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Thu Jun 10 1:25 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Thu Jun 10 12:39 pm
Lupin S2 will happen. :dup:
Starts Friday . Looking forward to it

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Jun 10 3:41 pm

Now I've started another Netflix series from my queue - Curon. It's an Italian supernatural drama about a woman who returns (with twins - a son and daughter) 17 years later to the small town she left under mysterious circumstances. E1 makes it look quite promising. There's nothing groundbreaking, but I like the cast, the story so far at least and the setting, and it's not overly cliched. Looking forward to more.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Fri Jun 11 7:58 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Wed Jun 09 6:31 pm
Loki E1 - ridiculously entertaining.
Super super fun.
I've been really looking forward to this show and how they expand the multiverse with it. Episode one was a great start.

gopherguy06
Veteran
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by gopherguy06 » Sun Jun 13 10:16 pm

Justed finished it too and thought it was well done. Sounds like from reviews, they did well with the accents from the area. Didn’t see the ending coming.
Slap Shot wrote:
Wed Jun 02 9:10 pm
Somethings aren't adding up for.me from the finale of Mare of Easttown even though I realize it doesn't change the outcome.
Hidden Content...
The old man said he noticed his gun was missing even though Ryan only had it for a few hours. Also what big secret did Dylan insist to keep with Erin's friend even though they had nothing to do with Erin's death?
Yeah the timeline with the old guy didn’t add up based on the earlier scene

Karlsson
Veteran

Post by Karlsson » Mon Jun 14 12:38 pm

Finally watched the Loki premiere. Owen Wilson was awesome, really surprised me.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Tue Jun 15 1:24 pm

Karlsson wrote:
Mon Jun 14 12:38 pm
Finally watched the Loki premiere. Owen Wilson was awesome, really surprised me.
Agreed. He and Hiddleston were very very good in their scenes together. Really looking forward to where that relationship goes.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat Jun 19 9:51 am

Finally finished Deadwood (series only, have yet to see the movie).

While very good, the ending was anti-climatic, but at least it provided closure, before being cancelled/not renewed.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Sat Jun 19 10:04 am

The Rube wrote:
Sat Jun 19 9:51 am

While very good, the ending was anti-climatic, but at least it provided closure, before being cancelled/not renewed.
They made a movie years later as well. Heard it was about the same.

Karlsson
Veteran

Post by Karlsson » Sat Jun 19 10:13 am

I'm very late to starting The Boys, but even though I started a week ago I only have two episodes left. This is fantastic. Karl Urban continues to be effing awesome. I'm going to be bummed when I'm all caught up either tonight or tomorrow. Sounds like season 3 won't be coming out until 2022.

Viking
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by Viking » Sat Jun 19 11:04 am

The Rube wrote:

The series was canceled/not renewed rather unexpectedly if remember correctly. So the final of the series was actually more of a season ending. The movie tried to tie up everything in 1 shot rather than doing a final season. It sucks that it had to go that way.
Bene dic, Domine, creaturam istam cerevisae, quam ex adipe frumenti producere dignatus es: ut sit remedium salutare humano generi: et praesta per invocationem nominis tui sancti, ut, quicumque ex ea biberint, sanitatem corporis, et animae tutelam percipiant.

What a terrible place is a pub with no beer.

5 O.T.
Veteran
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by 5 O.T. » Sat Jun 19 11:21 am

Frank Bonner aka Herb Tarlek - RIP
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/18/arts ... -dead.html

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat Jun 19 5:54 pm

Viking wrote:
Sat Jun 19 11:04 am
The Rube wrote:

The series was canceled/not renewed rather unexpectedly if remember correctly. So the final of the series was actually more of a season ending. The movie tried to tie up everything in 1 shot rather than doing a final season. It sucks that it had to go that way.
Reading into it on wiki, that seemed to be the case, which is why I was thankful that all the storylines "closed" at the end of S3. "Brotherhood" (SHO series a few years back) had the same demise, and that show also had closure.

As for the movie, the article said that it was going to be 2 2-hour movies, then it became 1 2-hour movie, and it was just a mess trying to get the project done from the start. I'll probably watch it tomorrow.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat Jun 19 7:01 pm

Penguin Town (Netflix streaming)
8 ep series (30 min each ep, or so) about the South African penguin colony.

It's about penguins, so I had to watch it. Many years ago, a buddy worked at the zoo in CO Springs, and I got to help hand-feed their waddle of penguins. It was all the awesome.

2 episodes in, it's a decent little project.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Jun 19 9:36 pm

Hot take: not getting all the love for Owen Wilson in Loki. He’s playing the same part as every other part he’s played: Owen Wilson

Other than that Loki is awesome.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat Jun 19 9:50 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Sat Jun 19 9:36 pm
Hot take: not getting all the love for Owen Wilson in Loki. He’s playing the same part as every other part he’s played: Owen Wilson

Other than that Loki is awesome.
Owen Wilson has about as much range as Ben Stiller.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Karlsson
Veteran

Post by Karlsson » Sat Jun 19 10:25 pm

He's definitely still Owen Wilson. But the part itself is a departure from his usual, and his Owen Wilsonness works. Plus, it is finally as role where they aren't trying to convince us he's in his 20s or 30s.