Television

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.
HockeyBum
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 54 times

Re: Television

Post by HockeyBum » Sat Jul 04 6:29 pm

I got hooked on the "Grant" miniseries on the History channel last night. It was fantastic.

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 123 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Jul 06 10:33 am

HockeyBum wrote:
Sat Jul 04 6:29 pm
I got hooked on the "Grant" miniseries on the History channel last night. It was fantastic.
Agree, Excellent miniseries, Grant is underrated regarding his life accomplishments & their impact on the USA ☝️But at least his face adorns the worker bee ($50 💵) 😉

Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 139 times

Post by Bladepuller » Mon Jul 06 2:39 pm

The Ron Chernow book on Grant is an excellent read.
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 410 times
Been liked: 420 times

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Jul 07 11:22 pm

I'll Be Gone In The Dark. A 6-part HBO docu-series about Michelle McNamara in which they posthumously portray her intention to solve for the East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer who went unchecked between 1974 and 1986, although we will likely never know the true extent of his barbarism. It's very well done so far but it already feels somewhat bittersweet. However hearing her written words spoken (voiced by Amy Ryan) and everything that she went through to investigate this madman is very intriguing.
Currently under construction.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Jul 10 12:35 pm

I have never watched Alone but the current season (which apparently has the largest prize ever) has been excellent.

gopherguy06
Veteran
Has liked: 37 times

Post by gopherguy06 » Wed Jul 15 11:30 am

Just started watching Outsider on HBO.. really good so far. Anyone else watch it? I hadn't read the book, but may do that after I finish.

Chris83
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Chris83 » Thu Jul 16 1:40 pm

gopherguy06 wrote:
Wed Jul 15 11:30 am
Just started watching Outsider on HBO.. really good so far. Anyone else watch it? I hadn't read the book, but may do that after I finish.
The novel is fantastic. Agree on the HBO adaptation; it is very well done.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 321 times

Post by Beauner » Thu Jul 16 8:17 pm

gopherguy06 wrote:
Both the book and the TV adaptation are spectacular.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

Chris83
Golden
Golden

Post by Chris83 » Fri Jul 17 5:09 pm

Beauner wrote:
Thu Jul 16 8:17 pm
gopherguy06 wrote:
Both the book and the TV adaptation are spectacular.
I've heard that "Season 2" will deal with the "If It Bleeds" novella, from the 4 story collection of the same name which was released in April. I don't know that they can pad a 250 page story out to 10 episodes as they did with "The Outsider", but it's an excellent tale.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Jul 19 9:21 am

Was bored yesterday and ended up starting Agent Carter on Disney+.
I proceeded to watch 7 episodes. Not too bad.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sun Jul 19 11:24 am

The Greatest Events of WWII In Colour on Netflix. Colour me disappointed. There's virtually nothing new presented if your'e at all a WWII history buff and the war in the Pacific is given total short shrift.

ex_goldy
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by ex_goldy » Wed Jul 22 12:51 am

YouTube TV is nice but not being able to watch local news when you are out of town is a drawback. You are forced to
Watch local channels and no watching anything you recorded on your dvr on home channels.

Maize
Veteran
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Maize » Tue Jul 28 3:59 pm

Working my way through some shows during all of this...

Halt and Catch Fire--Incredible. In terms of literary quality, it belongs up there with any show you can name.
Superstore--Fun show, worth the watch as a light 30-minute sitcom
Queen Sono-Kinda generic, dumb spy genre piece, but the unique setting and visuals mostly save it.
Giri/Haji-Good, but really, really slow moving, and I generally don't mind slow.

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 148 times

Post by MNGophers29 » Tue Jul 28 4:45 pm

ex_goldy wrote:
Wed Jul 22 12:51 am
YouTube TV is nice but not being able to watch local news when you are out of town is a drawback. You are forced to
Watch local channels and no watching anything you recorded on your dvr on home channels.
Unfortunately they are all that way. I have Hulu and I bring a Firestick to the lake to watch TV there and they always want me to switch to Minneapolis stations. The only one I was ever able to do it with was PlayStation Vue.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by The Rube » Tue Jul 28 9:20 pm

Finally finished The Last Dance (the Jordan thing). Solid. Really solid. Changed my opinion on Scottie's attitude/character, although I have always said that on any other team, he'd be a bigger superstar.

Started Fear City, a 3 ep mini series about the Five Families of NYC. Just one ep tonight, good job. They are concentrating on the business dealings, rather than the violence, of the Families, which is a nice switch from the norm in many of these types of shows.

Netflix streaming.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed Jul 29 9:24 pm

The Rube wrote:
Tue Jul 28 9:20 pm
Finally finished The Last Dance (the Jordan thing). Solid. Really solid. Changed my opinion on Scottie's attitude/character, although I have always said that on any other team, he'd be a bigger superstar.

Started Fear City, a 3 ep mini series about the Five Families of NYC. Just one ep tonight, good job. They are concentrating on the business dealings, rather than the violence, of the Families, which is a nice switch from the norm in many of these types of shows.

Netflix streaming.
Finished Fear City...and the last ep was a bit lazy/cookie cutter. Repeated footage within the same episode, the kind of stuff you'd see on regular TV to fill some extra minutes. Overall, a good intro into how the Mob worked and how the FBI worked back then. However, if you knew a few slivers of the gamut of Mob history in the US, it basically was a refresher course.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Wed Jul 29 9:34 pm

Maize wrote:
Tue Jul 28 3:59 pm
Working my way through some shows during all of this...

Halt and Catch Fire--Incredible. In terms of literary quality, it belongs up there with any show you can name.
Superstore--Fun show, worth the watch as a light 30-minute sitcom
Queen Sono-Kinda generic, dumb spy genre piece, but the unique setting and visuals mostly save it.
Giri/Haji-Good, but really, really slow moving, and I generally don't mind slow.
Halt and Catch Fire is great. The four main characters fit the bill so well. It was lucky to get a second season and somehow got 4 total. Well worth the watch.

I started Superstore during the pandemic. It's a perfectly good comedy that was a good distraction. I couldn't have asked for much more.

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by g-manpuck » Thu Jul 30 7:15 am

The Rube wrote:
Wed Jul 29 9:24 pm
The Rube wrote:
Tue Jul 28 9:20 pm

Netflix streaming.
Finished Fear City...and the last ep was a bit lazy/cookie cutter. Repeated footage within the same episode, the kind of stuff you'd see on regular TV to fill some extra minutes. Overall, a good intro into how the Mob worked and how the FBI worked back then. However, if you knew a few slivers of the gamut of Mob history in the US, it basically was a refresher course.
I've watched both of these over the last few weeks and I agree with your views on both of them. Both were good ways to pass the time.
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Jul 31 4:32 pm

This is a real show? Normally I'd blame Covid but this is season 2.

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Fri Jul 31 5:14 pm

Yes it is a real show. Airs in prime time on ABC. I watched part of the season premiere. Didn’t enjoy it.

JC65
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 52 times

Post by JC65 » Fri Jul 31 8:02 pm

That seems like a higher budget "Let's Bowl" with Dr. Sphincter:
http://www.citypages.com/arts/lets-bowl-how-minnesotas-weirdest-tv-game-show-made-it-to-prime-time/511800711

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri Jul 31 9:05 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Jul 31 4:32 pm
This is a real show? Normally I'd blame Covid but this is season 2.

I'm still waiting for "Ow! My Balls!"

TheRube33 on UnTappd

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri Jul 31 9:13 pm

Oh, started re-watching Wonder Showzen dvds. Basically, a Mature Audiences Sesame St that used to be on MTV 2 (2 seasons). There is NO way it could air now. And this debuted maybe 15~ years ago or so? I highly recommend. Some bits miss, but the ones that hit? Hoo boy.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Aug 01 7:46 am

I had never watched S1 of The League before and thankfully so far it holds up. “Respect the sidebar” is a great line, the ball-hair joint and the Taco birthday song are great reminders why this show rocked.

I finally started The Devil Next Door and have watched 2 episodes so far. Beyond the actual trial itself (guilty or innocent) the witness testimony has been extremely moving. It’s not necessarily new in that the atrocities have been well known, but hearing them from people so closely removed from the camps is hard to watch but necessary. 75 years on and sometimes it feels like we’ve learned nothing.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat Aug 01 4:10 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Sat Aug 01 7:46 am
I had never watched S1 of The League before and thankfully so far it holds up. “Respect the sidebar” is a great line, the ball-hair joint and the Taco birthday song are great reminders why this show rocked.

I finally started The Devil Next Door and have watched 2 episodes so far. Beyond the actual trial itself (guilty or innocent) the witness testimony has been extremely moving. It’s not necessarily new in that the atrocities have been well known, but hearing them from people so closely removed from the camps is hard to watch but necessary. 75 years on and sometimes it feels like we’ve learned nothing.
The first four seasons hold up for sure. After that, you're rolling the dice. The last season sucked the first time around, and the second to last season is still hit and miss.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Sioux Suck
Rookie
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Sioux Suck » Sat Aug 01 4:16 pm

The Rube wrote:
Sat Aug 01 4:10 pm
Slap Shot wrote:

The first four seasons hold up for sure. After that, you're rolling the dice. The last season sucked the first time around, and the second to last season is still hit and miss.
The fourth season was their last on Thursday nights on FX, I believe. They ran into issues because the NFL started weekly Thursday night games in 2012, the same time The League was on. Once they moved nights and channels, I lost interest. Mostly because I didn't have FXX at the time

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat Aug 01 4:34 pm

Whioux Suck wrote:
Sat Aug 01 4:16 pm
The Rube wrote:
Slap Shot wrote:

The fourth season was their last on Thursday nights on FX, I believe. They ran into issues because the NFL started weekly Thursday night games in 2012, the same time The League was on. Once they moved nights and channels, I lost interest. Mostly because I didn't have FXX at the time
I bought the last three (IIRC) seasons on DVD without seeing them; I didn't have cable, but liked the show enough to buy the discs "blind" (as we say in the biz). Later in the series, it just seemed there was too much Rafi. The character was good in small doses; not as funny as a prominent character. And just looked it up, forgot there was a 7th season. Never watched that one; way too many friends said "don't even bother."

So, S1-4 = awesome. S5 is where the dropoff really starts, S6 (outside of the ep "The Height Supremecist") is the jumping off the cliff hardcore.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bigbeer
Veteran
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Aug 01 5:26 pm

The Rube wrote:
Sat Aug 01 4:34 pm
Whioux Suck wrote:
Sat Aug 01 4:16 pm
The Rube wrote:
Slap Shot wrote:

I bought the last three (IIRC) seasons on DVD without seeing them; I didn't have cable, but liked the show enough to buy the discs "blind" (as we say in the biz). Later in the series, it just seemed there was too much Rafi. The character was good in small doses; not as funny as a prominent character. And just looked it up, forgot there was a 7th season. Never watched that one; way too many friends said "don't even bother."

So, S1-4 = awesome. S5 is where the dropoff really starts, S6 (outside of the ep "The Height Supremecist") is the jumping off the cliff hardcore.
The League was awesome but it definitely got tired at the end
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Aug 01 5:29 pm

Finally getting to finish the Preacher, just the final episode left. This show is spectacular! I wouldn’t recommend if you are a churchgoer as they skewer organized religion in the most amazing ways possible.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat Aug 01 5:31 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Sat Aug 01 5:29 pm
Finally getting to finish the Preacher, just the final episode left. This show is spectacular! I wouldn’t recommend if you are a churchgoer as they skewer organized religion in the most amazing ways possible.
This is why I loved the movie Dogma. Even my very Roman Catholic mom loved that movie.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Aug 01 11:22 pm

The Rube wrote:
Sat Aug 01 5:31 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Sat Aug 01 5:29 pm
This is why I loved the movie Dogma. Even my very Roman Catholic mom loved that movie.
I don’t know....God’s choice to be the Messiah is Jesus’ extremely inbred son called Humperdoo. That’s only the beginning.
Last edited by Bigbeer on Sun Aug 02 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hobey Baker
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Hobey Baker » Sun Aug 02 4:33 pm

Yellowstone!!!!

Well worth the watch!!!

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Tue Aug 04 9:16 pm

Checked out the first ep of Muppets Now on DIS+

Took some getting used to, going from what was classic vaudeville to modernized vaudeville w/technology and parodies of modern reality shows and such. It does show promise.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Aug 13 11:07 pm

Thur nights talk shows:

Trevor Noah getting Margo Price to cover WAP is spectacular

I’m almost positive that Rob Lowe is a vampire

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Aug 16 5:18 pm

Giri/Haji (Netflix streaming; Japanese and subtitled)
A detective from Tokyo scours London for his missing brother, who's been involved with the Yakuza and accused of murder.

Just started this...and it has my attention. Digging it so far....

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Mon Aug 17 8:20 am

I had not seen reference to that before, but after looking it up (fwiw) it has excellent ratings across the board.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Aug 17 10:42 am

Lovecraft Country.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Mon Aug 17 9:51 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Mon Aug 17 8:20 am
I had not seen reference to that before, but after looking it up (fwiw) it has excellent ratings across the board.
Just finished Ep5. It's VERY intricate. I am loving it. From what I have heard, it was a series that was quietly released. I don't know why, maybe they took the "word of mouth" marketing approach. Right now, I would highly recommend. I hope the season finishes strong. At this point in the season (I stress that part), I hope there is an S2. However, it depends on how S1 ends.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Karlsson
Veteran
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 211 times

Post by Karlsson » Tue Aug 18 9:47 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Aug 17 10:42 am
Lovecraft Country.
Just watched it tonight. Liked it a lot.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Tue Aug 18 9:58 pm

The Rube wrote:
Sun Aug 16 5:18 pm
Giri/Haji (Netflix streaming; Japanese and subtitled)
A detective from Tokyo scours London for his missing brother, who's been involved with the Yakuza and accused of murder.

Just started this...and it has my attention. Digging it so far....
Finished it tonight. Outstanding.

It COULD continue with the original storyline, it could branch off. They easily have the material to do it. I hope they do. if it ends up being a one-and-done, it did end with good closure on what happened overall. No cliffhangers, really.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Aug 21 1:16 pm

Just watched E1 of the Netflix series High Score about the origins of the video gaming industry. I didn't realize that they had upgraded some of the earlier released games to make them more difficult. It would be interesting to now play a before and after. Anyway the series is a bit puffy but for someone my age E1 was quite nostalgic and worth a watch.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri Aug 21 9:48 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Aug 21 1:16 pm
Just watched E1 of the Netflix series High Score about the origins of the video gaming industry. I didn't realize that they had upgraded some of the earlier released games to make them more difficult. It would be interesting to now play a before and after. Anyway the series is a bit puffy but for someone my age E1 was quite nostalgic and worth a watch.
That caught my eye the other night. Probably going to watch it this weekend.

Tonight I caught up on the New Muppets (Disney+). It's good escapism and a decent updating of the old show for modern times.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Aug 29 12:39 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Aug 17 10:42 am
Lovecraft Country.
Just finished the first episode...that might be the best first episode in the history of television. The cinematography, the acting, the story telling....wow!

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Sep 03 2:49 am

Biohackers. 6-part German series on Netflix about a freshman biomed student. I wasn't super psyched that they gave away her secret so quickly, but after 3 episodes I'm impressed overall and look forward to finishing out the season.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Sep 04 5:13 pm

Starting re-watching An Idiot Abroad. I can't stop laughing.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Fri Sep 04 5:58 pm

Season 2 of The Boys on Prime.

The Patton Oswalt cameo is incredible 🤣🤣🤣

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Tue Sep 08 1:05 am

John Creese shoeing up at the end of Cobra Kai season 1, just made this show real...
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Tue Sep 08 4:07 pm

First three episodes of The Boys season 2 on Prime really really entertained me. Can't wait for the rest of the season to see how they play out these storylines.

HockeyBum
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 5 times

Post by HockeyBum » Fri Sep 18 8:34 am

Anyone watch "Away" on Netflix? The first episide was kind of meh. Wondering if it's worth investing 9 more hours to finish it.

Kelly Red
Veteran
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by Kelly Red » Fri Sep 18 11:55 am

Ok, you know maybe you’ve watched too much TV when...

Driving up the cabin I saw a ditch cutter clearing shrubs and small trees using a horizontal spinning saw blade on a large swing arm. And what was my first thought! That would be perfect for killing Walkers on the Walking Dead :dup:
Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let’s go. We’re burning daylight.
-John Wayne

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri Sep 18 9:58 pm

Started re-watching Justified, as my parents took about 3 years to watch the series on the DVDs that I lent them. The character development and the relationships between said characters is really amazing. You notice it the first time through, you REALLY appreciate it the second time through.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sun Sep 20 7:58 am

Watched the 4-part series on the Challenger disaster in Netflix. What the families of the astronauts must have felt after the investigation? I can't imagine.

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 123 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Sep 20 11:52 am

The Rube wrote:
Fri Sep 18 9:58 pm
Started re-watching Justified, as my parents took about 3 years to watch the series on the DVDs that I lent them. The character development and the relationships between said characters is really amazing. You notice it the first time through, you REALLY appreciate it the second time through.

Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins...their ongoing interactions & battle made that series. Nick Searcy, Noelle Carter & Natalia Zea were also interesting characters. Justified is an underrated series IMHO ☝️

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Sun Sep 20 11:50 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Sep 20 11:52 am
The Rube wrote:
Fri Sep 18 9:58 pm

Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins...their ongoing interactions & battle made that series. Nick Searcy, Noelle Carter & Natalia Zea were also interesting characters. Justified is an underrated series IMHO ☝️
Boy, I have re-watched a bunch of binge-worthy series and this one I had totally forgot about until just now! Thank you for the reminder! The other one that I plan to watch again is Longmire.

And yes, Justified is SO underrated. Walton Goggins is just great in this and in SOA.
Doug Woog - 1990

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Mon Sep 21 12:09 am

Walt Goggins is incredible in anything he does. And I find it hilarious that Timothy Olyphant got his start in "Go" and "The Girl Next Door" movies (he did well in those).

TheRube33 on UnTappd

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by g-manpuck » Mon Sep 21 9:00 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Sun Sep 20 7:58 am
Watched the 4-part series on the Challenger disaster in Netflix. What the families of the astronauts must have felt after the investigation? I can't imagine.
This was an easy watch for me since I was a little bit of a space nerd in my youth. I never really researched much into the o-ring thing after it was pointed to being the issue of the explosion but it was interesting to hear more information on it's problems. It was also the first time I've heard the families talk about the incident as well.
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

MATT
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 59 times

Post by MATT » Sun Oct 04 3:38 pm

Fargo Season 4 was originally scheduled to premiere in April. It just premiered with episodes 1 & 2 last Sunday. Episode 3 is tonight! Glad to have some new TV on.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Oct 04 3:40 pm

Cobra Kai S3 coming Jan 8. Cannot wait.
Mandelorian Oct 30. Also cannot wait.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Oct 04 5:30 pm

MATT wrote:
Sun Oct 04 3:38 pm
Fargo Season 4 was originally scheduled to premiere in April. It just premiered with episodes 1 & 2 last Sunday. Episode 3 is tonight! Glad to have some new TV on.
First two episodes were very good.

The South Park Pandemic Special from last Wednesday was hilarious.

Norm
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 124 times

Post by Norm » Sun Oct 04 7:18 pm

Beauner wrote:
Sun Oct 04 5:30 pm
MATT wrote:

I don't think they'll ever match the season with the Gerhardt family of North Dakota.
And I'm having a hard time understanding some of the Italians with their heavy accents.

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Sun Oct 04 7:24 pm

Norm wrote:
Sun Oct 04 7:18 pm
Beauner wrote:
MATT wrote:

I don't think they'll ever match the season with the Gerhardt family of North Dakota.
And I'm having a hard time understanding some of the Italians with their heavy accents.
Close captioning

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Sun Oct 04 7:25 pm

Beauner wrote:
MATT wrote:

Chin diaper

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sun Oct 04 8:07 pm

I too very much enjoyed the first 2 episodes of S4 of Fargo!

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 500 times

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Oct 04 8:07 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Sun Oct 04 7:25 pm
Beauner wrote:
MATT wrote:

Chin diaper
About to commence watching the South Park special....

JC65
Golden
Golden

Post by JC65 » Mon Oct 05 1:17 pm

I guess I'll be the contrarian to say I really haven't enjoyed this season of Fargo as much as I have previous seasons, though I'm having a tough time putting my finger on why that is.

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Mon Oct 05 1:23 pm

JC65 wrote:
Mon Oct 05 1:17 pm
I guess I'll be the contrarian to say I really haven't enjoyed this season of Fargo as much as I have previous seasons, though I'm having a tough time putting my finger on why that is.
I’m only 1 ep in but I feel like they reversed the usual formula of using lots of action in the first ep and then going into plot development. This season the first episode is mostly story exposition and character development. I’m guessing they know by now we’re gonna watch it no matter what and don’t need to be hooked.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Mon Oct 05 2:53 pm

The new season of Archer is also freaking spectacular. I'm catching up on my DVR on my lunch break and am in tears laughing 🤣🤣

Chris83
Golden
Golden

Post by Chris83 » Mon Oct 05 3:43 pm

The Rube wrote:
Sun Oct 04 3:40 pm
This is the way :dup:

Norm
Golden
Golden

Post by Norm » Mon Oct 05 5:48 pm

JC65 wrote:
So far I agree, but it's early. I also thought Season 3 was a notch below the first 2.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Mon Oct 05 8:43 pm

Chris83 wrote:
Mon Oct 05 3:43 pm
The Rube wrote:
Sun Oct 04 3:40 pm
This is the way :dup:
I have spoken.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Mon Oct 05 11:08 pm

Norm wrote:
Mon Oct 05 5:48 pm
JC65 wrote:
So far I agree, but it's early. I also thought Season 3 was a notch below the first 2.
I would agree WRT to season 3 being a step (maybe half a step?) below. The first two seasons were just absolute brilliance though, so it was a high bar to match. I have not watched episode 3 of this season yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

JC65
Golden
Golden

Post by JC65 » Tue Oct 06 5:06 pm

Beauner wrote:
Mon Oct 05 11:08 pm
Norm wrote:
JC65 wrote:
I would agree WRT to season 3 being a step (maybe half a step?) below. The first two seasons were just absolute brilliance though, so it was a high bar to match. I have not watched episode 3 of this season yet. Hopefully tomorrow.
Season 1 was Bilbo somewhere in Northern MN (?)
Season 2 was the butcher of Luverne, Sam from Cheers, and Aliens (?) (PS: nickname possibility for Nelson)
Season 3 was young Obi Wan playing two roles (?)

If so my ranking is 2, 1, 3, 4 (so far).

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Oct 06 5:27 pm

Watched E1 of The Comedy Store from Showtime. What a tremendous start and I hope they can continue the huge intrigue of this episode. So many great memories of watching comics getting their start with Johnny and then blowing up. I remember hearing about Freddy Prinze dying but I was just a kid so I had no understanding of the complexities of it all.

Norm
Golden
Golden

Post by Norm » Tue Oct 06 5:38 pm

JC65 wrote:
Tue Oct 06 5:06 pm
Beauner wrote:
Mon Oct 05 11:08 pm
Norm wrote:
JC65 wrote:
Season 1 was Bilbo somewhere in Northern MN (?)
Season 2 was the butcher of Luverne, Sam from Cheers, and Aliens (?) (PS: nickname possibility for Nelson)
Season 3 was young Obi Wan playing two roles (?)

If so my ranking is 2, 1, 3, 4 (so far).
Spot on!

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Tue Oct 06 9:11 pm

GLOW cancelled (Netflix show about the pro women's wrestling league back in the 80s). :( They were in the middle of filming the final season.

On a bright note, the ending of the last aired season of it did provide a closure, no cliffhangers, really.

TheRube33 on UnTappd