Television

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.
User avatar
Superstar
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4579
Joined: Tue Feb 15 12:21 pm
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Television

Post by Superstar » Thu Oct 10 10:54 am

Anyone watching AHS: 1984?

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31301
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 211 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Thu Oct 10 9:11 pm

Superstar wrote:
Thu Oct 10 10:54 am
Anyone watching AHS: 1984?
I will once it hits Netflix. :wink:

Mayans MC still going very well. I think Sutter fine-tuned SOA, from some of the viewer complaints, and man, it's really nice.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16521
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 339 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Oct 18 9:25 am

Has anyone tried Looking For Alaska? I did not read the book but it was very well received and I'm curious about it being adapted to television.

Also I am through S2 E5 of Killing Eve now and although there's been a few jump the shark moments for me overall I have enjoyed it very much mostly due to some of the leads and the dialogue. Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh and Sean Deleney particularly are great while Kim Bodnia's Konstantin might be my favorite TV character in quite a long time. I really wish
Hidden Content...
Bill Pargrave could have lasted longer
, while Fiona Shaw's Carolyn is pretty cliched and been done before already. But I'm looking forward to seeing how S2 ends.

Looking up Kim Bodnia and I see he was part of 3 seasons of the original (Swedish?) version of The Bridge which I've been meaning to watch but never have. I might have to solve for that.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
ex_goldy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2080
Joined: Thu Mar 08 10:29 am
Location: Sitting out 2017 season
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Television

Post by ex_goldy » Tue Oct 22 12:40 am

I’m watching dancing with the stars tonight, good wife and husband entertainment, I’m not turning in my man card. And people get to vote via texting. Sean Spicer is an abomination, he is dancing with an amazing talented dancer but he looks awful. So at the end of the show they tally audience votes and scores from judges and Spicer must have a huge following because he is beating out these other dancers. It’s like the British boat that people got to vote on the name, it was boaty mcboatface or something that won. My wife is understandably upset but I’m really liking the whole crash the show concept. Really parallels how Trump got elected, people disrupting the business as usual process.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31301
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 211 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Wed Oct 23 9:54 pm

Mayans MC:

About 2/3 through the second season. Like "Sons Of Anarchy," there are a LOT of webs in place at this point. However, UNlike SOA, Mayans writers learned things, and have tightened up stuff, so it's not so haywire/off the rails. So far, everything actually DOES have a reasonable reason for taking place. It's not just "well, went rogue, stuff happened." That being said, if they keep the tightness up, I would expect 4 seasons, MAYYYYYYYYYYYYBE 5 if they come up with something to add to the current stuff. While there are a lot of moving parts, it's more accelerated than SOA.

Really loving it so far.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6994
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 120 times
Age: 41

Re: Television

Post by MNGophers29 » Fri Oct 25 1:02 pm

The Rube wrote:
Wed Oct 23 9:54 pm
Mayans MC:

About 2/3 through the second season. Like "Sons Of Anarchy," there are a LOT of webs in place at this point. However, UNlike SOA, Mayans writers learned things, and have tightened up stuff, so it's not so haywire/off the rails. So far, everything actually DOES have a reasonable reason for taking place. It's not just "well, went rogue, stuff happened." That being said, if they keep the tightness up, I would expect 4 seasons, MAYYYYYYYYYYYYBE 5 if they come up with something to add to the current stuff. While there are a lot of moving parts, it's more accelerated than SOA.

Really loving it so far.
This is pretty spot on for me too. I like not being in the middle of an episode or at the end of one and staring at the tv and saying "What. In. The. Actual. Ef?"
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31301
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 211 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Sat Oct 26 6:36 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Fri Oct 25 1:02 pm
The Rube wrote:
Wed Oct 23 9:54 pm
Mayans MC:

About 2/3 through the second season. Like "Sons Of Anarchy," there are a LOT of webs in place at this point. However, UNlike SOA, Mayans writers learned things, and have tightened up stuff, so it's not so haywire/off the rails. So far, everything actually DOES have a reasonable reason for taking place. It's not just "well, went rogue, stuff happened." That being said, if they keep the tightness up, I would expect 4 seasons, MAYYYYYYYYYYYYBE 5 if they come up with something to add to the current stuff. While there are a lot of moving parts, it's more accelerated than SOA.

Really loving it so far.
This is pretty spot on for me too. I like not being in the middle of an episode or at the end of one and staring at the tv and saying "What. In. The. Actual. Ef?"
And Ignacio rules. Coco is pretty cool, too, all things considered.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6347
Joined: Sun Jan 21 12:39 pm
Location: Killin' em in Kato!
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 46 times
Age: 47

Re: Television

Post by g-manpuck » Mon Nov 04 6:18 am

I binged season two of Jack Ryan this weekend. Just as good as the first season.
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2661
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 103 times

Re: Television

Post by D2D » Mon Nov 04 6:39 am

Enjoying the half hour HBO show, "Mrs. Fletcher" (Sunday nights at 9:30).
D2D - GMH season ticket holder since 1972, and counting

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31301
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 211 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Wed Nov 06 9:45 pm

Mayans getting deep. I love how they really dip into the Mexican culture/ways at times. Definitely a different window than US culture.

2 eps to go before this season is done. Should be a fun ride.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9687
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 86 times
Age: 44

Re: Television

Post by davescharf » Tue Nov 12 10:10 pm

I enjoyed Episode 1 of The Mandalorian on Disney+
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
solar
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2057
Joined: Wed Feb 01 5:33 pm
Location: Minneapolis
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 8 times
Age: 50

Re: Television

Post by solar » Wed Nov 13 1:13 pm

davescharf wrote:
Tue Nov 12 10:10 pm
I enjoyed Episode 1 of The Mandalorian on Disney+
Me too. I am also very pleased that the launch of new episodes is set up the way it is. There is really no way for people to spoil the whole thing by binge watching it all in one night. :good2:

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16521
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 339 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Nov 13 1:54 pm

I enjoyed it enough I will give E2 a try. Plus my younger son likes it so it gives us something to watch together.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
NYC Gopher fan
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1554
Joined: Mon Jan 21 9:15 pm
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Television

Post by NYC Gopher fan » Wed Nov 13 11:24 pm

AHS 1984 was pretty good. One Of the better AHS seasons lately

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31301
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 211 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Wed Nov 13 11:32 pm

NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Wed Nov 13 11:24 pm
AHS 1984 was pretty good. One Of the better AHS seasons lately
I do want to see that, when it hits Netflix. There are very few AHS that I am interested in. This is one of them.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7372
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Television

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Nov 14 1:29 am

John Oliver has now reached a point where giving him awards is just plain “small potatoes”....he’s a God
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Superstar
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4579
Joined: Tue Feb 15 12:21 pm
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Television

Post by Superstar » Thu Nov 14 9:29 am

NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Wed Nov 13 11:24 pm
AHS 1984 was pretty good. One Of the better AHS seasons lately
Went to Lush to watch the finale last night...so much more fun watching with a group of people that's hosted by a drag queen. :D

I totally enjoyed this season. It was a little easier to follow than prior seasons, and the total campiness (no pun intended) of it was fantastic.

User avatar
NYC Gopher fan
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1554
Joined: Mon Jan 21 9:15 pm
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Television

Post by NYC Gopher fan » Thu Nov 14 8:31 pm

Superstar wrote:
Thu Nov 14 9:29 am
NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Wed Nov 13 11:24 pm
AHS 1984 was pretty good. One Of the better AHS seasons lately
Went to Lush to watch the finale last night...so much more fun watching with a group of people that's hosted by a drag queen. :D

I totally enjoyed this season. It was a little easier to follow than prior seasons, and the total campiness (no pun intended) of it was fantastic.
Agreed. Rumor is next season could be last amd they want all the big names back. I hope so- kind of surprised how much I liked this season with Paulson/Lange/Evan

User avatar
Superstar
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4579
Joined: Tue Feb 15 12:21 pm
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Television

Post by Superstar » Fri Nov 15 2:47 pm

NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Thu Nov 14 8:31 pm
Superstar wrote:
Thu Nov 14 9:29 am
NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Wed Nov 13 11:24 pm
AHS 1984 was pretty good. One Of the better AHS seasons lately
Went to Lush to watch the finale last night...so much more fun watching with a group of people that's hosted by a drag queen. :D

I totally enjoyed this season. It was a little easier to follow than prior seasons, and the total campiness (no pun intended) of it was fantastic.
Agreed. Rumor is next season could be last amd they want all the big names back. I hope so- kind of surprised how much I liked this season with Paulson/Lange/Evan
"Nocturna Lee Mission", ( :lol: ) the host of the viewing parties at Lush, did A LOT of research on what could be up for next season and everything was pointing towards aliens. There were a few things she mentioned to make it seem plausible.

There was another Asylum connection...someone noticed that the house Mr Jingles lived in in Alaska looks EXACTLY like the house "Kit Walker" (Evan Peters' character) owned in Asylum (see below). Could just be they went cheap and used the same set. But, I'd be more likely to believe Ryan Murphy did that intentionally for one reason or another.

Image

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4533
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 90 times
Age: 60

Re: Television

Post by Chris83 » Fri Nov 15 7:51 pm

davescharf wrote:
Tue Nov 12 10:10 pm
I enjoyed Episode 1 of The Mandalorian on Disney+
The first two episodes have been very good. As an aside, I can't imagine who is a Disney geek (like me) not signing up for Disney+. $6.99/month and you have access to virtually everything in their catalog.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9687
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 86 times
Age: 44

Re: Television

Post by davescharf » Fri Nov 15 9:40 pm

Chris83 wrote:
Fri Nov 15 7:51 pm
davescharf wrote:
Tue Nov 12 10:10 pm
I enjoyed Episode 1 of The Mandalorian on Disney+
The first two episodes have been very good. As an aside, I can't imagine who is a Disney geek (like me) not signing up for Disney+. $6.99/month and you have access to virtually everything in their catalog.
We prepaid $150 for 3 years so it was a bit cheaper. They offered it to D23 members around Labor Day
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Superstar
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4579
Joined: Tue Feb 15 12:21 pm
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Television

Post by Superstar » Sun Nov 17 7:54 pm

Verizon customers (most of them, anyway) get a free year. So I signed up for it with that. Not sure I'll keep it after a year, but, I'm enjoying it so far.

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14518
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 170 times

Re: Television

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Nov 17 8:12 pm

150 down for a streaming service that just started holy crap people really love Disney
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9687
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 86 times
Age: 44

Re: Television

Post by davescharf » Sun Nov 17 8:36 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Sun Nov 17 8:12 pm
150 down for a streaming service that just started holy crap people really love Disney
Disney fans are their own cult. The fact you have access to most of their historical library, Nat Geo, Star Wars, Marvel, and all 31 seasons of the Simpsons in one place (and it will be the only place in not too long) will make it worth the cost.
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9062
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 101 times
Age: 47

Re: Television

Post by Steve MN » Mon Nov 18 9:48 am

Hmmm... maybe I need to check my Verizon account. Wasn't really planning on getting Disney+, but with The Mandalorian running there, I may have to, especially for a free year.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
solar
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2057
Joined: Wed Feb 01 5:33 pm
Location: Minneapolis
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 8 times
Age: 50

Re: Television

Post by solar » Mon Nov 18 3:39 pm

davescharf wrote:
Sun Nov 17 8:36 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Sun Nov 17 8:12 pm
150 down for a streaming service that just started holy crap people really love Disney
Disney fans are their own cult. The fact you have access to most of their historical library, Nat Geo, Star Wars, Marvel, and all 31 seasons of the Simpsons in one place (and it will be the only place in not too long) will make it worth the cost.
This "streaming service that just started" has a deep catalog to stream right away. It's not like they are starting at ground zero.

User avatar
george
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5760
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:14 am
Location: Edina
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 90 times

Re: Television

Post by george » Fri Dec 06 7:25 am

Watched the first episode of season 3 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel last night. Still great.

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4533
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 90 times
Age: 60

Re: Television

Post by Chris83 » Sun Dec 08 10:00 pm

Just got done with episode #1 of "Crisis on Infinite Earths" for the Arrowverse on the CW. Whew! Buried the needle on the nerd meter. :lol:
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31301
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 211 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Sun Dec 08 10:02 pm

Buddy hooked me up on his Disney+. Barreled through Mandolorian. Great show. Looking forward to re-watching the classic movies, like "Lady And The Tramp" and such.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1290
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 38 times

Re: Television

Post by JC65 » Sat Dec 21 8:21 pm

Just finished Season 4 of The Expanse on Amazon Prime. Best SciFi show ever made? Probably.

(And the fourth book is, in my mind, the weakest book so far.)

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 3073
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 161 times

Re: Television

Post by Karlsson » Sat Dec 21 8:28 pm

The Rube wrote:
Sun Dec 08 10:02 pm
Buddy hooked me up on his Disney+. Barreled through Mandolorian. Great show. Looking forward to re-watching the classic movies, like "Lady And The Tramp" and such.
Someone we know has offered to let us use theirs, but I don't like this person and do not want them feeling like we owe them squat.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31301
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 211 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Sat Dec 21 9:21 pm

Karlsson wrote:
Sat Dec 21 8:28 pm
The Rube wrote:
Sun Dec 08 10:02 pm
Buddy hooked me up on his Disney+. Barreled through Mandolorian. Great show. Looking forward to re-watching the classic movies, like "Lady And The Tramp" and such.
Someone we know has offered to let us use theirs, but I don't like this person and do not want them feeling like we owe them squat.
I feel ya. In my case, he got a thank you 2015 BA Darkness and a Skywalker Rises (or whatever it's called) ticket. Worth it. Love the Disney+ thing.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Zwak
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9902
Joined: Mon Nov 13 6:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 107 times
Age: 54

Re: Television

Post by Zwak » Sat Dec 21 10:54 pm

The Rube wrote:
Sun Dec 08 10:02 pm
Buddy hooked me up on his Disney+. Barreled through Mandolorian. Great show. Looking forward to re-watching the classic movies, like "Lady And The Tramp" and such.
Don’t forget Swiss Family Robinson.
GPL's official source of trivia.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31301
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 211 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Sat Dec 21 10:56 pm

Zwak wrote:
Sat Dec 21 10:54 pm
The Rube wrote:
Sun Dec 08 10:02 pm
Buddy hooked me up on his Disney+. Barreled through Mandolorian. Great show. Looking forward to re-watching the classic movies, like "Lady And The Tramp" and such.
Don’t forget Swiss Family Robinson.
Pass. Sue me.

Forgot how messed up Alice In Wonderland was. Holy 'shrooms/LSD.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31301
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 211 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Fri Dec 27 9:58 pm

Mandalorian:

Season finale tonight. That was a winner. This series is excellent.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 14879
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 323 times
Age: 47
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by Jupiter » Fri Dec 27 10:19 pm

I just watched all 8 episodes of The Mandalorian tonight.

Enjoyed it a lot!!!!

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9687
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 86 times
Age: 44

Re: Television

Post by davescharf » Fri Dec 27 11:19 pm

I’m two behind. Will fix that Sunday or Monday
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7372
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Television

Post by Bigbeer » Wed Jan 08 7:40 pm

I got a question right on Jeopardy:Greatest whatever! These dudes are smarty pants....
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31301
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 211 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Wed Jan 08 10:07 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Wed Jan 08 7:40 pm
I got a question right on Jeopardy:Greatest whatever! These dudes are smarty pants....
I got about a dozen right tonight (which included a couple stabs in the dark).

How could they miss, "GOOD DAY, SIR!" ?!?!?!
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28562
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 256 times
Age: 32

Re: Television

Post by Beauner » Thu Jan 09 2:25 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Fri Dec 27 10:19 pm
I just watched all 8 episodes of The Mandalorian tonight.

Enjoyed it a lot!!!!
Watched this over the weekend. Really liked it. Excited for season 2! Also hearing rumors that this series may be hinting at the next big Star Wars movie franchise- battle between Mandalorians and the Jedi (apparently there was a cartoon show about it a few years ago too?)
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8724
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Television

Post by gopherguy06 » Thu Jan 09 3:54 pm

Yeah I binged over the last few days with a free trial! Really liked the show, but sad how short the episodes were. I thought they would be longer.

Any easter eggs in there I missed?

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28562
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 256 times
Age: 32

Re: Television

Post by Beauner » Thu Jan 09 5:07 pm

gopherguy06 wrote:
Thu Jan 09 3:54 pm
Yeah I binged over the last few days with a free trial! Really liked the show, but sad how short the episodes were. I thought they would be longer.

Any easter eggs in there I missed?
Probably a lot. There's a guy who did a breakdown of the episodes with a lot of in-depth info on YouTube that i watched after running through the show. Emergency Awesome is the channel. He gave all sorts of background info (like a possible Boba Fett sighting).
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9687
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 86 times
Age: 44

Re: Television

Post by davescharf » Thu Jan 09 10:23 pm

The Rube wrote:
Wed Jan 08 10:07 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Wed Jan 08 7:40 pm
I got a question right on Jeopardy:Greatest whatever! These dudes are smarty pants....
I got about a dozen right tonight (which included a couple stabs in the dark).

How could they miss, "GOOD DAY, SIR!" ?!?!?!
I played Quiz Bowl at the U for a couple years and like to think I can hold my own in a trivia content. I'm blown away by how stupid I feel watching these 3 play
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31301
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 211 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Thu Jan 09 10:30 pm

davescharf wrote:
Thu Jan 09 10:23 pm
The Rube wrote:
Wed Jan 08 10:07 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Wed Jan 08 7:40 pm
I got a question right on Jeopardy:Greatest whatever! These dudes are smarty pants....
I got about a dozen right tonight (which included a couple stabs in the dark).

How could they miss, "GOOD DAY, SIR!" ?!?!?!
I played Quiz Bowl at the U for a couple years and like to think I can hold my own in a trivia content. I'm blown away by how stupid I feel watching these 3 play
Wasn't in Quiz Bowl, but I rocked at NTN trivia. ;)

Only got about 7-8 answers right tonight; the work week is getting to me, I was having difficulty getting the answers at times (they weren't exact; like I said keystroking, instead of keylogging)
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 19347
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 561 times
Age: 53

Re: Television

Post by Greyeagle » Wed Jan 22 7:36 am

Derry Girls on Netflix is flipping fantastic. Some wonderful craic!!
The show takes place in Derry (Londonderry for some ;) ) Northern Ireland toward the end of "The Troubles" in the 90s and it's extremely well written and acted.
The show may have the best nun character I've seen since 'the penguin' in The Blues Brothers....she is fantastic.

Closed Captioning is strongly suggested.
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14332
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Television

Post by streakygopher » Wed Jan 22 9:05 am

A couple recent documentaries I've seen on Netflix: Don't F*** With Cats and Abducted in Plain Sight

The first has little to do with cats and focuses on the subject of an international man hunt, spurred on by a group of nerdy internet sleuths. If you didn't know it is a true story, you might think it was made up for a t.v. movie.

The second is an astonishing record of a family in the 1970s who was duped in the worst possible way by a family friend. I sat there with my mouth opened not believing the gullibility being troweled out on the screen.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31301
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 211 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Wed Jan 22 9:30 pm

That "Abducted In Plain Sight" is SOOOOOOOO messed up.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5736
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 111 times

Re: Television

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Jan 22 11:35 pm

CURB Season 10 :ahhh: episode 1 - Let’s just say Talcum powder will never be thought of in the same way😉 :lol:

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5351
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 69 times
Age: 34

Re: Television

Post by Snowcool08 » Thu Jan 23 12:17 am

streakygopher wrote:
Wed Jan 22 9:05 am
A couple recent documentaries I've seen on Netflix: Don't F*** With Cats and Abducted in Plain Sight

The first has little to do with cats and focuses on the subject of an international man hunt, spurred on by a group of nerdy internet sleuths. If you didn't know it is a true story, you might think it was made up for a t.v. movie.

The second is an astonishing record of a family in the 1970s who was duped in the worst possible way by a family friend. I sat there with my mouth opened not believing the gullibility being troweled out on the screen.
The more I thought about Don't F With Cats, the more I disliked all the people in it. The bad guy, obviously, but also the internet sleuths. They had no real authority, but all the outrage. Something was off about them. Then at the end they tried to make it sound like they were just normal people doing what anyone else would have done. They were not.

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14332
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Television

Post by streakygopher » Thu Jan 23 10:30 am

Snowcool08 wrote:
Thu Jan 23 12:17 am
streakygopher wrote:
Wed Jan 22 9:05 am
A couple recent documentaries I've seen on Netflix: Don't F*** With Cats and Abducted in Plain Sight

The first has little to do with cats and focuses on the subject of an international man hunt, spurred on by a group of nerdy internet sleuths. If you didn't know it is a true story, you might think it was made up for a t.v. movie.

The second is an astonishing record of a family in the 1970s who was duped in the worst possible way by a family friend. I sat there with my mouth opened not believing the gullibility being troweled out on the screen.
The more I thought about Don't F With Cats, the more I disliked all the people in it. The bad guy, obviously, but also the internet sleuths. They had no real authority, but all the outrage. Something was off about them. Then at the end they tried to make it sound like they were just normal people doing what anyone else would have done. They were not.
What could be wrong with people who sleep by day and are glued to their computer screens by night? Yeah, they were all a bit creepy, but I think people like mysteries, and they like looking for clues. Add that the internet creates a faux society of friends and a false sense of belonging, and you end up with townspeople carrying lanterns crying "Get a rope!" as they chase the monster through town.

What I found outrageous was when the ring leader of these internet Columbos opined openly that perhaps they had a hand in creating this guy and spurring him onto the bigger crime.Then she said that maybe her audience is complicit as well? Really? Watching a film of a train wreck after the fact somehow causes more train wrecks? What a dope. I think she is trying to assuage her own guilt for facilitating these crimes by willingly playing what turned out to be the critical role of an internet investigator. If there's going to be a hunt, the fox needs a hound.

User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14332
Joined: Thu Dec 30 9:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Television

Post by streakygopher » Sat Jan 25 9:03 am

Greyeagle wrote:
Wed Jan 22 7:36 am
Derry Girls on Netflix is flipping fantastic. Some wonderful craic!!
The show takes place in Derry (Londonderry for some ;) ) Northern Ireland toward the end of "The Troubles" in the 90s and it's extremely well written and acted.
The show may have the best nun character I've seen since 'the penguin' in The Blues Brothers....she is fantastic.

Closed Captioning is strongly suggested.
Knew I was going to enjoy this in the first two minutes of the show when, upon seeing the telly blare out news of an NRA bridge bombing in their town, the mother's anxiety level goes through the roof as she worries she'll be stuck with her kids if they have to stay home from school and auntie expresses disgust that now her hair appointment will probably get canceled.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28562
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 256 times
Age: 32

Re: Television

Post by Beauner » Sat Jan 25 6:06 pm

If you haven't started watching The Outsider on HBO, do it. Very very very good.
I read the book a couple years ago and through 1.5 episodes the show is in lock step with the book. It is fantastic.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7372
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Television

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Jan 25 10:04 pm

Beauner wrote:
Sat Jan 25 6:06 pm
If you haven't started watching The Outsider on HBO, do it. Very very very good.
I read the book a couple years ago and through 1.5 episodes the show is in lock step with the book. It is fantastic.
My King fanatic niece thinks this is his best book adaptation, which you would hope it would be with a bigger budget and a mini-series length. I’m watching it with my daughter who usually watches TV and rolls her phone at the same time but not while this is on....we are glued. A couple times every episode we go “what the hell was that?” and have to back it up, rewatch and still can’t figure it out. This show is deep.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28562
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 256 times
Age: 32

Re: Television

Post by Beauner » Sat Jan 25 11:41 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Sat Jan 25 10:04 pm
Beauner wrote:
Sat Jan 25 6:06 pm
If you haven't started watching The Outsider on HBO, do it. Very very very good.
I read the book a couple years ago and through 1.5 episodes the show is in lock step with the book. It is fantastic.
My King fanatic niece thinks this is his best book adaptation, which you would hope it would be with a bigger budget and a mini-series length. I’m watching it with my daughter who usually watches TV and rolls her phone at the same time but not while this is on....we are glued. A couple times every episode we go “what the hell was that?” and have to back it up, rewatch and still can’t figure it out. This show is deep.
I haven't seen all the adaptations but it's certainly the best I've seen. I've read quite a few of his books the last few years.
I have heard 11/22/63 was a spectacular adaptation too but have not had a chance to see it.

I'm desperately hoping Prime/Netflix can work out an adaptation of The Dark Tower series.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16521
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 339 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Jan 31 5:15 am

Ted Bundy: Falling for a Killer

A 5-part docu-series about the mass murderer told from the perspective of his longtime girlfriend, her daughter, co-workers and family members of his victims (at least through E1). It includes an interview his very first victim who had never given one before, and I don't think Molly Kendall had either or at least not as in depth as she has here. E1 was a home run so I'll definitely give E2 a try.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
Kelly Red
Veteran
Posts: 3031
Joined: Wed Dec 05 4:12 pm
Location: High Horse
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 103 times

Re: Television

Post by Kelly Red » Fri Jan 31 12:40 pm

Just finished HBOs Watchmen on dvr. LOVED it! I was obsessed with the graphic novel, still have a copy. I need to go back and reread because the show played off more then I thought. The acting was fabulous, adore Tim Blake Nelson. But now I’m upset there won’t be a second season! Booooooo :ddown:
Even so, I’d recommend if you haven’t already seen it.
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7372
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Television

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Feb 01 11:04 pm

This weeks SNL with JJ Watt already better than Adam Driver last week
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28562
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 256 times
Age: 32

Re: Television

Post by Beauner » Sun Feb 02 12:15 am

Bigbeer wrote:
Sat Feb 01 11:04 pm
This weeks SNL with JJ Watt already better than Adam Driver last week
I thought Adam Driver was awesome last week 🤷‍♂️ that science room skit was frickin hilarious.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16521
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 339 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by Slap Shot » Sun Feb 02 12:24 am

Beauner wrote:
Sun Feb 02 12:15 am
Bigbeer wrote:
Sat Feb 01 11:04 pm
This weeks SNL with JJ Watt already better than Adam Driver last week
I thought Adam Driver was awesome last week 🤷‍♂️ that science room skit was frickin hilarious.
Yeah I thought Driver's was pretty solid but looking forward to Watt.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6347
Joined: Sun Jan 21 12:39 pm
Location: Killin' em in Kato!
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 46 times
Age: 47

Re: Television

Post by g-manpuck » Mon Feb 03 8:08 am

I binged "The Stranger" on Netflix yesterday waiting for the Super Bowl. Solid show. It is based on another novel by Harlan Coben who is also behind "Safe" and "The Five" which are thriller mini-series on Netflix. I've watched Safe because it had Michael C. Hall in it, it was good but it didn't hold my attention like The Stranger did. I'm gonna check out The Five now after realizing that all these shows are based on novels from the same author. Give them a watch if you like not-too over the top suspense thrillers.
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

User avatar
HockeyBum
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3470
Joined: Thu Jun 03 12:28 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 37 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by HockeyBum » Tue Feb 04 8:02 am

It only took about 2 years, but looks like Season 4 of Better Call Saul is finally coming to Netflix on Sunday. I don't watch the show on AMC, so I'm a season behind. It's been so long since I watched Season 3 that I've forgotten a lot of it.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31301
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 211 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Tue Feb 04 8:05 am

HockeyBum wrote:
Tue Feb 04 8:02 am
It only took about 2 years, but looks like Season 4 of Better Call Saul is finally coming to Netflix on Sunday. I don't watch the show on AMC, so I'm a season behind. It's been so long since I watched Season 3 that I've forgotten a lot of it.
They do that for series that are not theirs, when the new season is about to start (S5 starts on Feb 23).
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
HockeyBum
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3470
Joined: Thu Jun 03 12:28 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 37 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by HockeyBum » Tue Feb 04 8:06 am

g-manpuck wrote:
Mon Feb 03 8:08 am
I binged "The Stranger" on Netflix yesterday waiting for the Super Bowl. Solid show. It is based on another novel by Harlan Coben who is also behind "Safe" and "The Five" which are thriller mini-series on Netflix.
I tried watching "The Stranger" last night, but only made it about 25 minutes. Just couldn't get into it.

User avatar
g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6347
Joined: Sun Jan 21 12:39 pm
Location: Killin' em in Kato!
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 46 times
Age: 47

Re: Television

Post by g-manpuck » Tue Feb 04 10:50 am

HockeyBum wrote:
Tue Feb 04 8:06 am
g-manpuck wrote:
Mon Feb 03 8:08 am
I binged "The Stranger" on Netflix yesterday waiting for the Super Bowl. Solid show. It is based on another novel by Harlan Coben who is also behind "Safe" and "The Five" which are thriller mini-series on Netflix.
I tried watching "The Stranger" last night, but only made it about 25 minutes. Just couldn't get into it.
It's understandable, I was the same way with "Safe". I started watching "The Five" and I'm a little unsure about it so far. I'm gonna watch ep.2 tonight to see if I'll continue watching it or forget it.

After researching Coben a little I've found out that these novels are based in the US but all these Netflix series have been set in Great Britain. I get that it seems to be be much cheaper to produce shows outside the states but I wonder if some people don't find the series interesting because of where it is set or the actors themselves being British. I'll admit that I am not a big fan of an English accent and it makes characters seem over the top because of their accent and body language. Like the series "Sex Education"...I just can't get over Gillian Anderson's accent in that show. I wasn't an X-Files fanboy but that is what I expect when I see her in a show, not Mrs. Doubtfire. :D
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

User avatar
HockeyBum
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3470
Joined: Thu Jun 03 12:28 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 37 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by HockeyBum » Tue Feb 04 11:24 am

g-manpuck wrote:
Tue Feb 04 10:50 am
After researching Coben a little I've found out that these novels are based in the US but all these Netflix series have been set in Great Britain. I get that it seems to be be much cheaper to produce shows outside the states but I wonder if some people don't find the series interesting because of where it is set or the actors themselves being British. I'll admit that I am not a big fan of an English accent and it makes characters seem over the top because of their accent and body language.
Admittedly, the accent might have been one of the reasons I tuned out so early. I don't usually have a problem with British accents, but they seemed particularly thick on this show.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16521
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 339 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Feb 05 3:46 am

The ending reveal in E1 of McMillions? :shock:

Am also interesting in checking out The Pharmacist.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31301
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 211 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Wed Feb 05 10:16 pm

Narcos Mexico S2 hits next week. WOOHOO!
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7372
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Television

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Feb 06 8:55 pm

The Rube wrote:
Wed Feb 05 10:16 pm
Narcos Mexico S2 hits next week. WOOHOO!
I’m geeked...love this show
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31301
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 211 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Thu Feb 06 9:52 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Thu Feb 06 8:55 pm
The Rube wrote:
Wed Feb 05 10:16 pm
Narcos Mexico S2 hits next week. WOOHOO!
I’m geeked...love this show
I'm re-watching S1 Mexico to refresh the memory. I cannot wait.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9687
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 86 times
Age: 44

Re: Television

Post by davescharf » Fri Feb 07 7:12 am

g-manpuck wrote:
Mon Feb 03 8:08 am
I binged "The Stranger" on Netflix yesterday waiting for the Super Bowl. Solid show. It is based on another novel by Harlan Coben who is also behind "Safe" and "The Five" which are thriller mini-series on Netflix. I've watched Safe because it had Michael C. Hall in it, it was good but it didn't hold my attention like The Stranger did. I'm gonna check out The Five now after realizing that all these shows are based on novels from the same author. Give them a watch if you like not-too over the top suspense thrillers.
I’ve read most of Coben’s books and liked Safe. Didn’t know about The Five so I’ll have to check that out.

Between those, Narcos Mexico S2, and catching up on Ozark i have a lot to watch
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28562
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 256 times
Age: 32

Re: Television

Post by Beauner » Fri Feb 07 12:02 pm

I'll say it again: find a way to watch The Outsider (HBO).
Fanfreakingtastic.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4533
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 90 times
Age: 60

Re: Television

Post by Chris83 » Fri Feb 07 1:01 pm

Beauner wrote:
Fri Feb 07 12:02 pm
I'll say it again: find a way to watch The Outsider (HBO).
Fanfreakingtastic.
Excellent so far and doing a fine job of staying close to the novel. Cynthia Erivo capturing the Holly Gibney character.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31301
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 211 times
Contact:

Re: Television

Post by The Rube » Thu Feb 13 10:24 pm

3 eps into S2 of Narcos:Mexico

They are making the moving parts MOVE. Every cog in motion, a little chaotic at times in the way they are telling it, but, that IS how this whole business works...will be interested to see how they go forward with it. A nice character drop-in, to add to one from last season, and they both are in the continuation of the true story...I liked that.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14411
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 110 times
Age: 52

Re: Television

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Feb 14 8:33 am

Beauner wrote:
Fri Feb 07 12:02 pm
I'll say it again: find a way to watch The Outsider (HBO).
Fanfreakingtastic.
Yeah, it's really good. Cynthia Erivo is one hell of an actress.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7372
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 101 times

Re: Television

Post by Bigbeer » Fri Feb 14 7:31 pm

The Rube wrote:
Thu Feb 13 10:24 pm
3 eps into S2 of Narcos:Mexico

They are making the moving parts MOVE. Every cog in motion, a little chaotic at times in the way they are telling it, but, that IS how this whole business works...will be interested to see how they go forward with it. A nice character drop-in, to add to one from last season, and they both are in the continuation of the true story...I liked that.
That’s funny, I also got 3 eps in the first day it was released. Seems a little slower than previous seasons, building the animosity between plazas and DEA.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

Post Reply