Television

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.
Jane Fonda
Veteran
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Television

Post by Jane Fonda » Tue May 14 9:57 pm

The Rube wrote:
Tue May 14 9:23 pm
Check out City 40 documentary if you like Chernobyl: Deep in Russia, there is an invisible city that houses thousands of men, women and children who live and work behind double barbed-wire fences monitored by armed guards. They are told that they are the creators of the nuclear shield and saviors of the world. They are told that everyone is an enemy. In this hidden world, a mother risks her life to take us inside Russia's largest nuclear city.

Still Laugh In. Netflix celebration of the old show Laugh In. It was SNL before SNL existed. Loved that show (saw it on reruns). This melds clips from the old show with new stuff, keeping the same sort of style, along with a general tribute style. I really liked it. Some misses on jokes, sure, they were too obvious, but for the most part, I'd say it was a success.
Not sure what Chernobyl: Deep In Russia is.

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 83 times

Post by The Rube » Tue May 14 10:00 pm

No no no. That is a break in thought. After the break after Chernobyl, that is the description of City 40. :D
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Jane Fonda
Veteran

Post by Jane Fonda » Tue May 14 10:04 pm

The Rube wrote:
Tue May 14 10:00 pm
No no no. That is a break in thought. After the break after Chernobyl, that is the description of City 40. :D
Oh, I see it now. I've seen docs on the aftermath before, but this HBO miniseries is the first I've seen that depicts the actual events.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Tue May 14 10:09 pm

Jane Fonda wrote:
Tue May 14 10:04 pm
The Rube wrote:
Tue May 14 10:00 pm
Oh, I see it now. I've seen docs on the aftermath before, but this HBO miniseries is the first I've seen that depicts the actual events.
There are a few docs out there, I'd have to look them up again, but yeah, crazy events, gov't propaganda, not letting info out....it's crazy what Russia did before "communism fell." I mean, there are people who still think Stalin was a hero. It's nuts.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by MNGophers29 » Wed May 15 11:46 am

They should have covered up Putin falling on his face because apparently he hadn't learned that skates don't work on carpet...
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by Bonin21 » Sat May 18 9:27 pm

Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sun May 19 9:43 pm

NoHo Hank is the best
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Karlsson
Veteran
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by Karlsson » Tue May 21 8:24 pm

Ah, I see Chernobyl has gone from utterly fascinating to utterly fascinating AND completely gross.

Jane Fonda
Veteran

Post by Jane Fonda » Tue May 21 11:37 pm

Karlsson wrote:
Tue May 21 8:24 pm
Ah, I see Chernobyl has gone from utterly fascinating to utterly fascinating AND completely gross.
Its the best thing going on TV right now.

Jane Fonda
Veteran

Post by Jane Fonda » Wed May 29 4:08 pm

Finally watching the first season of Narcos: Mexico. So far, overall, I like this one better than any of the Colombia seasons. The Escobar story was much more interesting, but they screwed up the pacing so much, that I fealt it took away from the story. That pacing issue does not exist in the Mexico season, and it works so much better.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed May 29 9:53 pm

New season of Bad Blood on Netflix comes out on Fri. About Canadian mob boss Vito Rizzuto, based on true story, etc etc. Really liked the first season. Plus, how can you not like Kim Coates?

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bigbeer
Veteran
Has liked: 18 times

Post by Bigbeer » Thu May 30 10:38 pm

Jane Fonda wrote:
Wed May 29 4:08 pm
Finally watching the first season of Narcos: Mexico. So far, overall, I like this one better than any of the Colombia seasons. The Escobar story was much more interesting, but they screwed up the pacing so much, that I fealt it took away from the story. That pacing issue does not exist in the Mexico season, and it works so much better.
Every season of Narcos is severely underrated. They are never in the discussion of best shows ever but they are all very good. To be fair I’m also a big fan of Mexico in general...always a fun and laid back place but always a bit of an edge also.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Mon Jun 03 10:26 pm

Almost done with Bad Blood S2 on Netflix (Canadian mobsters, based on true story, etc). Pretty solid. I like that the story doesn't want you to sympathize with the characters. They are bad people who do bad things, and there is no justification for their actions. It's the inner workings and the reasons they did what they did. They are not apologizing for it. They are saying: this is how it is. Period.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Superstar
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Superstar » Tue Jun 04 10:02 am

Chernobyl was outstanding. I'm not one to binge watch things, but I totally plan on binging this one in the near future. So, so good.

JC65
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by JC65 » Tue Jun 04 10:18 am

Superstar wrote:
Tue Jun 04 10:02 am
Chernobyl was outstanding. I'm not one to binge watch things, but I totally plan on binging this one in the near future. So, so good.
I'd suggest listening to the companion podcast as well (

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Wed Jun 05 11:58 pm

Sophie Turner playing tequila slaps with Conan is hilarious
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat Jun 15 9:00 pm

Jessica Jones S3 (the last season on Netflix) dropped last night. Watched the first ep last night.
Got through another couple eps. The approach being taken, it's interesting. I like it. One point of the main plot was most likely inevitable, and they gave in, but that is probably a good thing. We'll see how it goes. The secondary characters are really being developed, which I truly enjoy. Some were established, but they are getting to the core of them, almost treating them as main characters, creating a true ensemble cast.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Tue Jun 18 10:38 pm

Jessica Jones: Ep 12 of S3: That took a hard turn. I hope that they go the route of Daredevil/Punisher/Cage and close the current storylines, but leave an opening for the future. Lot to tie up, though.

The hard turn very much intrigues me. I suppose it was always there, but it never got paid attention to. I like it...so far.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Kelly Red
Veteran
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Kelly Red » Fri Jun 21 12:41 pm

OMG! I love this! This performer is hilarious and seriously good.

How many husbands have I had? You mean besides my own?
-Zsa Zsa Gabor

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Jun 21 12:44 pm

Kelly Red wrote:
Fri Jun 21 12:41 pm
OMG! I love this! This performer is hilarious and seriously good.

I love that show!

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Cowgirl » Thu Jul 04 1:05 am

Drunk History. Hysterical, and educational all at the same time!

Jane Fonda
Veteran

Post by Jane Fonda » Fri Jul 12 10:25 pm

Watched the first season of Killing Eve over the last week. I liked it quite a bit. I thought the acting performance by the actress playing the assassin was superb, she nailed it.

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Jul 13 12:50 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Thu Jul 04 1:05 am
Watching this show while drinking is a Simple Pleasure.

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Jul 13 12:52 am

I would like to nominate S2 Ep5 of Barry as one of the top 5 episodes of TV ever

Edit: sounds like Bill Hader wrote and directed this ep so no surprise it’s awesome

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Sat Jul 13 7:45 am

Bigbeer wrote:
Sat Jul 13 12:50 am
Cowgirl wrote:
Thu Jul 04 1:05 am
Watching this show while drinking is a Simple Pleasure.
I did that with a buddy last winter, watched all of them. Jack Black is fantastic as Ben Franklin.
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 133 times

Post by Slap Shot » Mon Jul 22 3:27 am

Thinking about giving Perpetual Grace, LTD with Ben Kingsley a try. Anyone else already watched?

I watched 2 eps of Instinct with Alan Cummings but it's just another insipid crime drama.

I need something new, smart and tantalizing. Another The Night Of, Hannibal, Southland, Fargo, Mindhunter...

I will eventually watch Taboo but since they don't know when S2 will come out I'm holding off for now. Stranger Things S3 I guess as well but S2 sounded so awful...
Currently under construction.

F Da Sue
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 5 times

Post by F Da Sue » Mon Jul 22 12:08 pm

Too Old to Die Young on Amazon has drawn me in. Refn can be a very polarizing director / writer however.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Jul 22 12:09 pm

La casa de papel part three still great

JC65
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 13 times

Post by JC65 » Fri Jul 26 11:57 pm

The Boys on Amazon Prime is really good. DC has to be pissed that Amazon made an interesting Justice League.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Mon Jul 29 10:32 pm

Started "Typewriter," an India-produced horror series. 5 1-hour-long eps for the first season. Nice start to it, good setup, and it's working the creep factor, as opposed to shock factor. Looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

Also caught Nova's Prediction By The Numbers, a doc on theories of probability and how those are applied in real life. Loved it. Really happy Netflix has a TON of these types of shows on the streaming platform.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Thu Aug 01 11:26 pm

Typewriter started off with a blast, ended with a pop, at best. Not horrible, but not great ending. Meh.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Mon Aug 05 5:17 pm

Dear White People S3.

Took a bit to get into the groove this season, but remains a decent show. Got about halfway through it, there are some really raw moments, tackling some social stuff with no apologies. I would still recommend it.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri Aug 09 10:20 pm

Caught a couple eps of the new season of GLOW (released today on Netflix): It's still solid. Not great/must see, but IMO very good. The Maron/Brie chemistry still drives the show, and it's a really good chemistry.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Aug 11 9:27 pm

GLOW S3, Ep 5: I was in tears laughing so hard.
S3, Ep 6: Whoa, got a bit dark, but made for solid tv.
I think this show SHOULD be done after this season, it doesn't know what to make of itself right now, but it's good watching. I hope it ends before it gets stale.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 124 times

Post by Beauner » Mon Aug 12 8:20 pm

Started watching The Boys on Prime. Watched 3 episodes last night and episode 4 now.
This show is awesome. Highly recommend.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Mon Aug 12 8:20 pm

JC65 wrote:
Fri Jul 26 11:57 pm
The Boys on Amazon Prime is really good. DC has to be pissed that Amazon made an interesting Justice League.
I second this.

gopherguy06
Veteran
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by gopherguy06 » Tue Aug 13 9:46 am

Anyone watch Succession on HBO? I saw an episode at a hotel the other week and may start.

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Tue Aug 13 12:07 pm

gopherguy06 wrote:
Tue Aug 13 9:46 am
Anyone watch Succession on HBO? I saw an episode at a hotel the other week and may start.
I always heard it was a show to watch and with the new season coming out, I wanted to catch up. I’m through the first 6 episodes of the first season. I enjoy it. It’s not the greatest show ever, but keeps me entertained.

ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 215 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by ScoobyDoo » Tue Aug 13 2:16 pm

gopherguy06 wrote:
Tue Aug 13 9:46 am
I started at the beginning. I gave up on it.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Aug 14 2:31 am

Just noticed Money Heist but it's already a few seasons in. Anyone recommend?

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Aug 14 8:16 pm

Just finished watching the final episode of “The Loudest Voice”. Quite interesting, Russell Crowe was pretty, pretty good depicting Roger Ailes & the circus at Fox News. The 7 episode series was worth watching.

grothm01
Rookie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by grothm01 » Sun Aug 18 1:17 pm

I just noticed there no longer is a btn2go app. Seems to have been replaced by btn+ app. Is all btn streaming going to be btn+?

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Sun Aug 18 9:00 pm

grothm01 wrote:
Sun Aug 18 1:17 pm
I just noticed there no longer is a btn2go app. Seems to have been replaced by btn+ app. Is all btn streaming going to be btn+?
It’s all on the Fox Sports Go app.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Aug 18 9:30 pm

I was confused when I saw btn+ app in my phone today but that explains it

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Aug 18 9:34 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Wed Aug 14 2:31 am
Just noticed Money Heist but it's already a few seasons in. Anyone recommend?
La Casa De Papel is amazing. Watch in Spanish with English subtitles.

george
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by george » Tue Aug 20 8:44 pm

We've started watching "The Night Manager" on Prime. Pretty good though first 3 episodes.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Tue Aug 20 9:17 pm

Finished the Madeliene McCann abduction series. What a mess that was on the procedural side.

Started up Mindhunter S2, just one ep tonight. This will be interesting in how it goes.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Aug 21 8:40 am

george wrote:
Tue Aug 20 8:44 pm
We've started watching "The Night Manager" on Prime. Pretty good though first 3 episodes.
Is that the one with Tom Higgelsomething? I enjoyed it through the whole series.

Rube I just watched E2 and for me it might be the best episode of the series so far and not for any obvious reasons. Excellent further character development, great dialogue, intriguing subplot exploration, a "surprising" interview (at least to me I didn't know this person would be part of the series), etc.

MNNavy
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by MNNavy » Wed Aug 21 12:16 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Wed Aug 21 8:40 am
george wrote:
Tue Aug 20 8:44 pm
Is that the one with Tom Higgelsomething? I enjoyed it through the whole series.

Rube I just watched E2 and for me it might be the best episode of the series so far and not for any obvious reasons. Excellent further character development, great dialogue, intriguing subplot exploration, a "surprising" interview (at least to me I didn't know this person would be part of the series), etc.
Do you mean Tom Hiddleston? Yes, it is. Also has Hugh Laurie. Excellent mini-series, my wife and I both thoroughly enjoyed it.
I have GOT to stop saying "How stupid can you get"
Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed Aug 21 9:12 pm

Started up American Gods tonight, got through 2.5 eps (they finally have it on Netflix disc). I read the book many years ago, it somehow got me hooked, despite it being a) fiction b) fantasy.

The TV series also has me hooked. Looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Mon Aug 26 2:49 pm

I know I'm late to the party but I'm 10 episodes in on season 1 of Mindhunters (Netflix) and am completely 100% absolutely hooked.
So good.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Mon Aug 26 2:49 pm

The Rube wrote:
Wed Aug 21 9:12 pm
Started up American Gods tonight, got through 2.5 eps (they finally have it on Netflix disc). I read the book many years ago, it somehow got me hooked, despite it being a) fiction b) fantasy.

The TV series also has me hooked. Looking forward to seeing the rest of it.
I enjoyed both the book and season 1.
I have not had a chance to see season 2.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Mon Aug 26 9:28 pm

That series is so much more graphic than the book, unless I'm remembering wrong. Getting S1 Disc 2 tomorrow or Wed. The next 4 eps.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

slugrat2121
Rookie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by slugrat2121 » Tue Aug 27 6:33 am

The Rube wrote:
Mon Aug 26 9:28 pm
That series is so much more graphic than the book, unless I'm remembering wrong. Getting S1 Disc 2 tomorrow or Wed. The next 4 eps.
Wait - Netflix still mails discs to people? I'm not throwing shade in your direction...I honestly didn't know that was still part of their business model.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Tue Aug 27 7:59 am

slugrat2121 wrote:
Tue Aug 27 6:33 am
The Rube wrote:
Wait - Netflix still mails discs to people? I'm not throwing shade in your direction...I honestly didn't know that was still part of their business model.
Yeah, it's a separate subscription from the streaming. I get the disc one as well as streaming, because sometimes some big hits/etc are only on disc, well, like American Gods.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

MATT
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by MATT » Tue Aug 27 7:58 pm

slugrat2121 wrote:
Tue Aug 27 6:33 am
The Rube wrote:
:lol:

HockeyBum
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Post by HockeyBum » Wed Aug 28 9:43 am

Beauner wrote:
Mon Aug 26 2:49 pm
I know I'm late to the party but I'm 10 episodes in on season 1 of Mindhunters (Netflix) and am completely 100% absolutely hooked.
So good.
I enjoyed Season 1 of Mindhunter, but it's been about a year since I watched it. The problem with the new "binge watching" model (where they drop all of the episodes at once) is that it's usually a year (or more) before the next season comes out. By that time, I've almost completely forgotten what happened and where it left off. I end up having to re-watch the old season before starting the new one.

I'm STILL waiting for season 4 of Better Call Saul on Netflix. The last episode of Season 4 aired on AMC in Oct 2018. Not sure what the delay is. It's been about a year and a half since season 3 came out on Netflix, so I've forgotten a ton.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed Aug 28 9:25 pm

HockeyBum wrote:
Wed Aug 28 9:43 am
Beauner wrote:
Mon Aug 26 2:49 pm
So good.
I enjoyed Season 1 of Mindhunter, but it's been about a year since I watched it. The problem with the new "binge watching" model (where they drop all of the episodes at once) is that it's usually a year (or more) before the next season comes out. By that time, I've almost completely forgotten what happened and where it left off. I end up having to re-watch the old season before starting the new one.

I'm STILL waiting for season 4 of Better Call Saul on Netflix. The last episode of Season 4 aired on AMC in Oct 2018. Not sure what the delay is. It's been about a year and a half since season 3 came out on Netflix, so I've forgotten a ton.
I think it's 2020 for both Saul and The Mayans next seasons. I understand the frustration, and feel ya, brah.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Thu Aug 29 9:47 pm

Chappelle's new Netflix special:

Holy hannah. He is beyond fuggit stage, and it's hilarious. Some of the jokes...wow. Highly recommend.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Tue Sep 03 10:52 pm

Mayans new season premieres tonight. Will buy the season pass on Amazon. Great friggin' show. IF the show gets another season, Sutter will step down. "It's time for the white man to leave the building."

https://ew.com/tv/2019/08/28/kurt-sutte ... rd-season/

TheRube33 on UnTappd

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Thu Sep 05 10:20 pm

Mayans MC, S2, Ep1.

There's gonna be some blood (gee, surprise!). This will get brought to the table. Worst case, someone will meet the Reaper. Best case, that person will be exiled.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat Sep 07 5:03 pm

Hip Hop Evolution, "season" 3.

Covers the East-West coast beef, Eminem, and the Atlanta scene. This has been a solid series, really enjoyed the depth of it. Gonna say there will be a "season" 4, as they are on the cusp of Lil' Jon/Trillville, Ciara, Missy Elliot, etc.

Netflix streaming, FTR.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Chris83
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Chris83 » Thu Sep 12 7:44 pm

Netflix question: If I am in Toronto and sign into my Netflix account, will I have access to my regular U.S. based lineup, the "Netflix Canada" lineup or nothing at all, as my account is based here but I am out of the country? If "No Access", would a VPN account and a United States located server solve that? Thank you!
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

HockeyBum
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 7 times

Post by HockeyBum » Thu Sep 12 9:30 pm

I started watching Cheers on Netflix, from the beginning. I was only 7 when it premiered, so too young to get into it until later in the series. I caught occasional later episodes when I was in HS, and have seen some of the older episodes in reruns over the years, but have never seen them all. It has aged incredibly well compared to most shows of the same era.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Thu Sep 12 9:41 pm

HockeyBum wrote:
Thu Sep 12 9:30 pm
I started watching Cheers on Netflix, from the beginning. I was only 7 when it premiered, so too young to get into it until later in the series. I caught occasional later episodes when I was in HS, and have seen some of the older episodes in reruns over the years, but have never seen them all. It has aged incredibly well compared to most shows of the same era.
Top 5 show all time. And the series finale was spectacular.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Thu Sep 12 9:54 pm

Chris83 wrote:
Thu Sep 12 7:44 pm
Netflix question: If I am in Toronto and sign into my Netflix account, will I have access to my regular U.S. based lineup, the "Netflix Canada" lineup or nothing at all, as my account is based here but I am out of the country? If "No Access", would a VPN account and a United States located server solve that? Thank you!
I haven’t traveled out of the US, but I travel a lot with my fire stick and I have never had an issue with it knowing my location. PS Vue does though for local programming.
Doug Woog - 1990

Maize
Veteran

Post by Maize » Sun Sep 15 12:06 pm

HockeyBum wrote:
Wed Aug 28 9:43 am
The delay is because of the long delay before Season 5(I would argue a year-and-a-half with nothing happening on the show *is* an extremely meta fifth season, but no bother). They release prior seasons as promo for upcoming seasons, so it will probably be up sometime in 2020, a few weeks before the fifth season airs.

Norm
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Norm » Wed Sep 18 10:55 am

Ken Burns show "Country Music" on PBS is excellent. I'm not a fan at all of today's country, but examining the roots of it is quite interesting.

Grovetown Scotty
Rookie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Wed Sep 18 11:17 am

Norm wrote:
Wed Sep 18 10:55 am
Ken Burns show "Country Music" on PBS is excellent. I'm not a fan at all of today's country, but examining the roots of it is quite interesting.
Watching this series as well. Very cool. I grew up listening to this music as my parents listened to it. I love rock and roll but have a soft spot for “traditional country” and bluegrass.
Just finished watching the 3rd episode. Very powerful account of the life of Hank Williams who Bob Dylan said was the greatest songwriter of all time. Williams like so many rock and roll legends died before the age of 30.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed Sep 18 9:18 pm

I will watch the series eventually. And I can't remember who said it, but upon seeing Hank III, they said, "I'm looking at a ghost..."

I hate pop country, don't mind old school twang.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed Sep 18 9:36 pm

Mayans MC:

Continues to be very excellent. The blending of the worlds is much more smoother than SOA, and frankly, that's the way it really is, given the MEX/US relationship. A LOT more gray area. Still getting little nuggets/Easter Eggs relating to SOA, stuff that is not essential, but gives the SOA fans a little nod of appreciation.

The thing I thought would happen, has been put in motion already, figured there were going to be some more mechanics behind it, but *shrug*.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 74 times

Post by D2D » Thu Sep 19 8:12 pm

Silicon Valley will air the first episode of its 6th and final season on October 27th. :D

https://www.hbo.com/silicon-valley/

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Thu Sep 19 9:30 pm

The Rube wrote:
Wed Sep 18 9:36 pm
Mayans MC:

Continues to be very excellent. The blending of the worlds is much more smoother than SOA, and frankly, that's the way it really is, given the MEX/US relationship. A LOT more gray area. Still getting little nuggets/Easter Eggs relating to SOA, stuff that is not essential, but gives the SOA fans a little nod of appreciation.

The thing I thought would happen, has been put in motion already, figured there were going to be some more mechanics behind it, but *shrug*.
So I like how it is a gradual blending and not a blunt force trauma.
Doug Woog - 1990

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Thu Sep 19 9:38 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Thu Sep 19 9:30 pm
The Rube wrote:
Wed Sep 18 9:36 pm
Mayans MC:

So I like how it is a gradual blending and not a blunt force trauma.
IMO, I think there were some things learned from making SOA, and it will be really interesting once Sutter leaves the show (if there is a 3rd season of Mayans). As you said, there is a softening of edges/blunt force. It's more fluid between the legal and illegal worlds (and more honesty about themselves, referring to the Mayans MC).

TheRube33 on UnTappd

george
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by george » Thu Oct 03 8:30 am

My wife and I finished a series on Prime last night. "The truth about the Harry Quebert Affair.". Pretty well done, but as twisty a plot as I've seen in a while.