Simple Pleasures...

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.
george
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 84 times

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Post by george » Tue Mar 24 3:18 pm

Kelly Red wrote:
Tue Mar 24 3:13 pm
The Current is playing Let’s Do the Timewarp from Rocky Horror and I cant help dancing along.
Well, who can resist?

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 313 times

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Mar 24 3:18 pm

Kelly Red wrote:
The Current is playing Let’s Do the Timewarp from Rocky Horror and I cant help dancing along.
Do you have any toast to throw or a water bottle to spray?
Currently under construction.

Kelly Red
Veteran
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Kelly Red » Tue Mar 24 3:29 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Tue Mar 24 3:18 pm
Kelly Red wrote:
Do you have any toast to throw or a water bottle to spray?
No, and I’m not wasting a roll of TP either!
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Steve MN » Tue Mar 24 3:46 pm

george wrote:
Tue Mar 24 3:18 pm
Kelly Red wrote:
Well, who can resist?
It's just a jump to the left...
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Wed Mar 25 7:47 pm

I just did a virtual/teleconference dinner with my parents and two brothers. It was great to see family again and just hear everyone talk. I highly suggest it for anyone out there who is missing family. If my parents can figure it out, anyone can.

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by MNGophers29 » Wed Mar 25 10:35 pm

My son (11...12 the end of May) is always looking for some way to make some money. He is tighter than skin on a grape and doesn’t like spending money. If he knew what we payed for him to play hockey AND be a goalie, he would quit. Not joking either.

Well, this past weekend, he asked if there was anything he could do to make some money. I am a woodworker and have always been looking for a way to utilize the sawdust or chips from my planer to make fire starters and sell them. I figured it out last summer, but don’t really have the time to melt the wax, etc for what is a really small amount of money. So, I figure my kid, being off of school can put his time and energy into making them and I tell him that if he makes a bunch, I will put them on FB marketplace. Yesterday he gets about 175 of them made. I put the listing up at 7pm last night.

Well, I should have taken it down right away because by this morning, he sold 83 dozen of them! The price was $6/dozen and his costs are ~$2/dozen since he doesn’t have payroll. Needless to say, we are a bit overwhelmed, but I showed him how to get organized and told him I would help with the communication and delivery of them.

$498 in gross sales and $155 in costs gives him a gross margin that not many business can boast. Even after he buys more supplies, his net income is 20%. First thing he said to me is he needs to invest in another hot plate to ramp up production.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Wed Mar 25 10:36 pm

Duplicate.

Did I use Rube’s computer?!?
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 275 times

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Mar 25 10:47 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Wed Mar 25 10:35 pm
My son (11...12 the end of May) is always looking for some way to make some money. He is tighter than skin on a grape and doesn’t like spending money. If he knew what we payed for him to play hockey AND be a goalie, he would quit. Not joking either.

Well, this past weekend, he asked if there was anything he could do to make some money. I am a woodworker and have always been looking for a way to utilize the sawdust or chips from my planer to make fire starters and sell them. I figured it out last summer, but don’t really have the time to melt the wax, etc for what is a really small amount of money. So, I figure my kid, being off of school can put his time and energy into making them and I tell him that if he makes a bunch, I will put them on FB marketplace. Yesterday he gets about 175 of them made. I put the listing up at 7pm last night.

Well, I should have taken it down right away because by this morning, he sold 83 dozen of them! The price was $6/dozen and his costs are ~$2/dozen since he doesn’t have payroll. Needless to say, we are a bit overwhelmed, but I showed him how to get organized and told him I would help with the communication and delivery of them.

$498 in gross sales and $155 in costs gives him a gross margin that not many business can boast. Even after he buys more supplies, his net income is 20%. First thing he said to me is he needs to invest in another hot plate to ramp up production.
Sounds like your next posting should be $8/doz.

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Wed Mar 25 10:57 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Wed Mar 25 10:47 pm
MNGophers29 wrote:
Wed Mar 25 10:35 pm

Sounds like your next posting should be $8/doz.
Great minds. I pulled the listing down at 8am this morning and as soon as he gets caught up, it will be $8/dozen.

The problem is, you can buy them for $5/dozen and I don’t like taking money from people, but almost everyone we delivered to today, gave him extra money as a tip. He now thinks tips are normal...
Doug Woog - 1990

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 261 times

Post by D2D » Thu Mar 26 9:03 am

Easy prediction, MNGophers29: If he stays on the straight and narrow, your boy will be a wealthy man someday. And his frugal spending habit will have just as much to do with it as his work ethic.

Best of luck to him!

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by g-manpuck » Thu Mar 26 9:14 am

Yesterday I ordered a 6'x8' wrestling mat for home. I found a company that sells their defects at a discount. That will help my wife so she can do her Farrell's workout each day at home with some comfort. It will also allow me to kick my son's ass on the mat everyday....look at me the big talker right now. :nervious:
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

Kelly Red
Veteran

Post by Kelly Red » Thu Mar 26 11:12 am

Yesterday I bought an old fashioned PAAS egg dye kit! My husband and I are going to revert to our childhoods. I haven’t dyed eggs in years! We’re not even going to hard boil them, just make our regular eggs “fancy”. :lol:

And on another plus note: I complained that with my Y closed I missed my workouts. Last night I get an email from the Y, they’ve launched a series of videos for home. No equipment needed and they range from HIIT to yoga. Excellent! I know there are videos on YouTube but I like seeing my usual instructors and location. It’s comforting. Now I just need to figure out how to do aqua cardio in my giant bath tub?!
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

Norm
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Norm » Fri Mar 27 9:32 am

Just finished reading a nice little book: For Love of a River-The Minnesota. It's about a retired couple that canoe from Big Stone to Fort Snelling. They take their time and make numerous little side trips to area sites.
The reason it interested me is that in our younger days my wife and I did a fair amount of canoeing on the Minnesota. There are some amazing granite/gneiss outcroppings from Granite Falls to Redwood Falls. Some of the oldest rock on Earth @3.5 billion years old.

Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by Bladepuller » Fri Mar 27 4:15 pm

Looking at the last of the cordwood you had cut last year heaped in a pile all split up.
While we now.have a NG furnace in EB, it was electric baseboard when we bought many years ago. Put in a wood stove the 1st fall. Wood is dirty, but the warmth is exceptional.
I would guess that at the rate it gets used I'm good until Feb of 2022 with what I have split. Money in the bank, my old man would say.
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

george
Golden
Golden

Post by george » Fri Mar 27 4:56 pm

Bladepuller wrote:
Fri Mar 27 4:15 pm
Looking at the last of the cordwood you had cut last year heaped in a pile all split up.
While we now.have a NG furnace in EB, it was electric baseboard when we bought many years ago. Put in a wood stove the 1st fall. Wood is dirty, but the warmth is exceptional.
I would guess that at the rate it gets used I'm good until Feb of 2022 with what I have split. Money in the bank, my old man would say.
Need more drinks around the campfire.

Bladepuller
Golden
Golden

Post by Bladepuller » Fri Mar 27 5:10 pm

Campfires are up at ML.

george
Golden
Golden

Post by george » Sun Mar 29 1:01 pm

The pond behind our house is completely ice free as of yesterday. The ducks have been coming back for the last week and finally the woodducks in the past few days. I haven't gotten my house up yet and they were letting me know I'm late this morning. The two couples were looking around, landing in trees, on posts, waddling on the ground where the house usually is. I guess I better get it up today.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Sun Mar 29 1:25 pm

george wrote:
Sun Mar 29 1:01 pm
The pond behind our house is completely ice free as of yesterday. The ducks have been coming back for the last week and finally the woodducks in the past few days. I haven't gotten my house up yet and they were letting me know I'm late this morning. The two couples were looking around, landing in trees, on posts, waddling on the ground where the house usually is. I guess I better get it up today.
A few days ago when we still had ice we had a giant Bald Eagle (paging The Rube) walking around on the ice for a long time. It was fun to watch through the binoculars.

That same day we had 4-5 Hooded Mergansers swimming around in the liquid part of the pond, which I had never seen before.

Glad to have the wildlife back. I spent a good chunk of yesterday morning picking trash from the banks of the pond to make it a little more livable for it.

george
Golden
Golden

Post by george » Sun Mar 29 2:39 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Sun Mar 29 1:25 pm
george wrote:
Sun Mar 29 1:01 pm
A few days ago when we still had ice we had a giant Bald Eagle (paging The Rube) walking around on the ice for a long time. It was fun to watch through the binoculars.

That same day we had 4-5 Hooded Mergansers swimming around in the liquid part of the pond, which I had never seen before.

Glad to have the wildlife back. I spent a good chunk of yesterday morning picking trash from the banks of the pond to make it a little more livable for it.
We had a mature eagle on the ice too, big guy/girl. Then an immature one (still not full adult colors) snatch something from the open water. We get mergansers visiting in the spring and one pair used our woodducks box. Box is up and ready now, fresh cedar shavings in it.

Edit: and the hen was inside the house while the Drake was perched on the power line.

Handyman
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 357 times

Post by Handyman » Tue Mar 31 4:49 pm

GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Apr 01 1:01 pm

Tell me the Blues player chasing Neal isn't McCracken!

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Apr 01 2:21 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Wed Apr 01 1:01 pm
Tell me the Blues player chasing Neal isn't McCracken!

That is one hell of an eyebrow.

george
Golden
Golden

Post by george » Wed Apr 01 7:11 pm

Not sure if it's Simple Pleasure or sticks in my craw, but. We tried making tot waffles tonight, yes I spelled it right. Stick a bunch of tater tots into a waffle iron making sort of a hash brown. Our problem was they didn't stuck together and fell apart. Not sure if I needed to cram more tots in or add a binder like an egg. We topped them with sliced avocodo and poached eggs. Pretty good but I want to figure out how to get them to come out like a waffle instead of a bunch of squished tots.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Apr 01 7:50 pm

george wrote:
Wed Apr 01 7:11 pm
Not sure if it's Simple Pleasure or sticks in my craw, but. We tried making tot waffles tonight, yes I spelled it right. Stick a bunch of tater tots into a waffle iron making sort of a hash brown. Our problem was they didn't stuck together and fell apart. Not sure if I needed to cram more tots in or add a binder like an egg. We topped them with sliced avocodo and poached eggs. Pretty good but I want to figure out how to get them to come out like a waffle instead of a bunch of squished tots.
Add gravy and cheese curds.

Kelly Red
Veteran

Post by Kelly Red » Wed Apr 01 9:33 pm

george wrote:
Wed Apr 01 7:11 pm
No binder, but you do need to leave them in the waffle iron longer then you think. My iron has a beep when your making traditional waffles, beep when it’s hot enough, beep when they’re done. Ignore the beep! Put down a generous layer of tots. Close the lid and smush them together. Now cook twice as long as you think. You want that crust, not only for flavor, but the crust helps hold it together. When they are very browned, use a WIDE spatula to carefully remove. A tot waffle is more delicate so slowly lift one edge, then sort of slide it onto a plate.
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Apr 02 10:43 am

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... qzvuWry7do

A regional dialect test. I scored highest in order:

Minneapolis - St. Paul
Salt Lake City
Spokane

Handyman
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 357 times

Post by Handyman » Sat Apr 04 12:22 pm

Lucking into finding an Oculus Quest on Bestbuy.com. (they are impossible to find outside of third party sellers these days) Then getting 10% off as a birthday gift. Then getting $10 back from my credit card meaning I got it for less than retail.

AND THEN PLAYING IT! Holy crap the amount of fun this thing is off the friggin charts! Beats Saber is by far one of the most fun games I have ever played :)

My gf mocked me for it...until she tried it and now she wants one too :)
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

MATT
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by MATT » Sat Apr 04 1:29 pm

All those “games” 😉😉😉

Kelly Red
Veteran

Post by Kelly Red » Sat Apr 04 6:55 pm

I was stress baking today. Trying to avoid the accompanying stress eating! I made Nutmeg Brown Butter cookies (most went to various neighbors).
And I made the batter for Apple Cider baked donuts for tomorrow morning. I’ll toss them in cinnamon sugar while they’re warm.
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

gopherguy06
Veteran
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by gopherguy06 » Sat Apr 04 6:57 pm

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 261 times

Post by D2D » Sat Apr 04 7:02 pm

gopherguy06 wrote:
Sat Apr 04 6:57 pm
I hope this is more than 60 days old!

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 250 times

Post by Beauner » Sun Apr 05 1:47 am

Getting wins in Warzone. So enjoyable.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Steve MN » Sun Apr 05 9:12 am

"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 167 times
Been liked: 238 times

Post by frozen4champs » Tue Apr 07 3:05 pm

Even though I should be sitting in Detroit today in preparation for the Frozen Four, the weather here in the middle of nowhere Mn is perfect. Sitting on the patio enjoying a few brewskis. Perfect Day.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Apr 07 7:18 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Tue Apr 07 3:05 pm
Even though I should be sitting in Detroit today in preparation for the Frozen Four, the weather here in the middle of nowhere Mn is perfect. Sitting on the patio enjoying a few brewskis. Perfect Day.
It was. Can you imagine an inch of snow on Sunday?

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Tue Apr 07 7:53 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Apr 07 7:18 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
After the last few springs, nothing is out of the question.

Bladepuller
Golden
Golden

Post by Bladepuller » Tue Apr 07 9:19 pm

A nice little 100 mile geezer glide ride around northern Anoka, eastern Isanti, & western Chisago counties this late afternoon
Last edited by Bladepuller on Tue Apr 07 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

davescharf
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by davescharf » Tue Apr 07 9:19 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
frozen4champs wrote:
You can blame me. I took the plexiglass off my screened in porch today
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Thu Apr 09 12:07 pm

Ruth on Ozark. Love listening to her talk. She would make a trucker blush, but her delivery is spot on and I smile every time she drops the F bomb.
Doug Woog - 1990

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Apr 09 1:15 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Thu Apr 09 12:07 pm
Ruth on Ozark. Love listening to her talk. She would make a trucker blush, but her delivery is spot on and I smile every time she drops the F bomb.
My wife and I have been talking about her a lot lately. It's not just to words she says, but how she says them.Wonderful actress. I am curious if she has an accent normally or if that is completely learned.

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Thu Apr 09 1:28 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Apr 09 1:15 pm
MNGophers29 wrote:
My wife and I have been talking about her a lot lately. It's not just to words she says, but how she says them.Wonderful actress. I am curious if she has an accent normally or if that is completely learned.
She is from New York. It is hard to do the one she uses in Ozark without sounding stereotypical. She does a great job!
Doug Woog - 1990

george
Golden
Golden

Post by george » Thu Apr 09 1:45 pm

davescharf wrote:
Tue Apr 07 9:19 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
frozen4champs wrote:
You can blame me. I took the plexiglass off my screened in porch today
God damnit Dave! :chainsaw:

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Thu Apr 09 7:35 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Thu Apr 09 1:28 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Apr 09 1:15 pm
MNGophers29 wrote:
She is from New York. It is hard to do the one she uses in Ozark without sounding stereotypical. She does a great job!
I just saw her in one scene from one episode of season 5 of GIRLS (with Marnie). She was much younger, but it was definitely HER. She’s my favorite character on Ozark 👍

5 O.T.
Veteran
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by 5 O.T. » Fri Apr 10 6:22 pm

Mad Magazine was one of the all time simple pleasures of my mis-spent youth. RIP - Mort Drucker. :(

https://heavy.com/news/2020/04/mort-drucker-death/

https://www.dailycartoonist.com/index.p ... ucker-rip/

Lars Sauve
Rookie
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Lars Sauve » Fri Apr 10 9:21 pm

Throughout the school day, I get texts from the granddaughters about places we need to add to our search list, when the time is appropriate. Albany, Minnesota, is on the list, for obvious reasons. On the same trip, we are planning our third excursion to the cemetery at St. Ben's.
Be net-crashing, steel-driving men, like Oh Henry!

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 194 times

Post by The Rube » Sat Apr 11 12:49 pm

Big Ten Subs.

Thirty Bales (formerly Big Ten) in Hopkins recently brought them back. :D
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Greyeagle
Has liked: 686 times
Been liked: 518 times

Post by Greyeagle » Sat Apr 11 6:48 pm

Brilliant!

Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sun Apr 12 1:07 am

Whoever runs the Goldy Gopher tweet account is awesome. (Might even be handled by more than one person?) The "tweet a picture of you and Goldy" tweets have been awesome, and his replies are always fun.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sun Apr 12 9:40 am

#4 for me.

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Sun Apr 12 9:49 am

Yeah, #4 is a no-brainer IMO.
Doug Woog - 1990

Norm
Golden
Golden

Post by Norm » Sun Apr 12 12:08 pm

They stacked the deck for #4

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Apr 12 12:13 pm

One of the easiest choices ever
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Viking
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Viking » Sun Apr 12 12:43 pm

Bene dic, Domine, creaturam istam cerevisae, quam ex adipe frumenti producere dignatus es: ut sit remedium salutare humano generi: et praesta per invocationem nominis tui sancti, ut, quicumque ex ea biberint, sanitatem corporis, et animae tutelam percipiant.

What a terrible place is a pub with no beer.

Bladepuller
Golden
Golden

Post by Bladepuller » Sun Apr 12 1:34 pm

I made a smart azz pick in poor taste so deleted. 👹

Composer
Veteran
Been liked: 53 times

Post by Composer » Mon Apr 13 6:58 pm

Playing online Scrabble with my wife. Halfway through the game, I’m down 100 points. I started a big comeback and thrust myself into the lead with CLITORIS, eventually finishing on top by 50 points.

Chris83
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Chris83 » Mon Apr 13 8:12 pm

Composer wrote:
Mon Apr 13 6:58 pm
Playing online Scrabble with my wife. Halfway through the game, I’m down 100 points. I started a big comeback and thrust myself into the lead with CLITORIS, eventually finishing on top by 50 points.
You know, if you had told me few days ago that a post containing "thrust myself", "clitoris" and "finishing on top" was about Scrabble, I'd have said you were crazy. :lol:
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Mon Apr 13 8:20 pm

Chris83 wrote:
Mon Apr 13 8:12 pm
Composer wrote:
You know, if you had told me few days ago that a post containing "thrust myself", "clitoris" and "finishing on top" was about Scrabble, I'd have said you were crazy. :lol:
You must be new to the internet. ;)
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Chris83
Golden
Golden

Post by Chris83 » Mon Apr 13 8:26 pm

The Rube wrote:
Mon Apr 13 8:20 pm
Chris83 wrote:
Mon Apr 13 8:12 pm
Composer wrote:
You must be new to the internet. ;)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Well, at the very least I have to get into this "Online Scrabble"!
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Kelly Red
Veteran

Post by Kelly Red » Mon Apr 13 8:30 pm

Composer wrote:
You get extra points for just knowing the word and how it’s spelled :lol:
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Mon Apr 13 8:36 pm

Kelly Red wrote:
Mon Apr 13 8:30 pm
Composer wrote:
You get extra points for just knowing the word and how it’s spelled :lol:
I'm surprised he found it in the first place.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Norm
Golden
Golden

Post by Norm » Mon Apr 13 9:40 pm

Composer wrote:
Why do you play online with your wife? Unless one of you lives in Climax.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Cowgirl » Mon Apr 13 10:41 pm

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Mon Apr 13 11:40 pm

JFC, what did I come back to?!?
Doug Woog - 1990

Chris83
Golden
Golden

Post by Chris83 » Tue Apr 14 12:21 am

Norm wrote:
Mon Apr 13 9:40 pm
Composer wrote:
Why do you play online with your wife? Unless one of you lives in Climax.
Reminds me of the "Headline" we joked about in high school: "FERTILE GIRL INJURED IN CLIMAX" :lol:

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Tue Apr 14 7:27 am

Composer wrote:
Did you ever see Foul Play? Reminds me of this scene.

george
Golden
Golden

Post by george » Tue Apr 14 4:04 pm

There's been a pair of trumpeter swans hanging out in our pond this afternoon. I imagine they're waiting for the snow to pass before they head north. Bigger than the geese and the geese have been noticably absent while the swans are there.

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Tue Apr 14 10:06 pm

My 11 year old son has been thinking of a way to make money this summer for the past 9 months. Well, this little shutdown gave him time to really think about it. He came up with firestarters. I actually made the first few bathes this winter for myself and they were fantastic.

Well, he has done all the work except for posting them on FB. First listing was 3 weeks ago. He has sold about 120 dozen so far, he has paid for all of his supplies and he currently has enough supplies to make another 40 dozen.

He came upstairs a bit ago and asked if we could go to the bank tomorrow and deposit his money. He had a wad of cash of $600.....
Doug Woog - 1990

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Tue Apr 14 10:22 pm

Dont usually post the same thing in two threads but it fits. My daughter turned 10 today and her aunt asked some people if they’d be willing to send her a card since we had to cancel her party. She got 15 of them from friends and family as of today. She absolutely loved it and I’m sure she’ll talk about it for a long time.

Just seeing the decency of people these past few weeks has been incredible. It’s too bad it will fade but it’s a good reminder of how simple gestures go a very long way

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Tue Apr 14 10:23 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Tue Apr 14 10:06 pm
My 11 year old son has been thinking of a way to make money this summer for the past 9 months. Well, this little shutdown gave him time to really think about it. He came up with firestarters. I actually made the first few bathes this winter for myself and they were fantastic.

Well, he has done all the work except for posting them on FB. First listing was 3 weeks ago. He has sold about 120 dozen so far, he has paid for all of his supplies and he currently has enough supplies to make another 40 dozen.

He came upstairs a bit ago and asked if we could go to the bank tomorrow and deposit his money. He had a wad of cash of $600.....
Imagine if he starts a mail order delivery and website ;)

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Tue Apr 14 10:30 pm

davescharf wrote:
Tue Apr 14 10:23 pm
MNGophers29 wrote:
Tue Apr 14 10:06 pm

Imagine if he starts a mail order delivery and website ;)
We have mailed a few dozen all over the place.

My problem with it is my retail background. I know I can get decent fire starters for about $6/dozen (none that light this easy/long) so for him selling them for $7/dozen, he is doubling his money, but his time is worth nothing at 11 year sold so yeah. My issue is that I can’t imagine why anyone would pay shipping on them?
Doug Woog - 1990

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Apr 15 7:04 am

:shock: I knew those things are dangerous :D

JWG
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by JWG » Wed Apr 15 10:08 pm

That was totally on purpose...
JWG
[This space for rent]

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed Apr 15 10:19 pm

JWG wrote:
Wed Apr 15 10:08 pm
That was totally on purpose...

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Armadillo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Armadillo » Wed Apr 15 10:50 pm

For the love of all that's holy, somebody put the General Lee horn on top of that video!
GPL Unofficial Puck-to-the-Head Expert since 2006.

"If it was gravy or death, I'd eat it off of Rosie O'Donnell's asscrack. You can print that." -The Rube

Have a question about comas? Ask me, I've been in one!

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Thu Apr 16 7:23 am