WEATHERMANIA

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.
User avatar
Zwak
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10366
Joined: Mon Nov 13 6:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 158 times
Age: 54

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Zwak » Wed Nov 27 7:58 am

REALLY glad my wife is working from home today. Was able to snowblow before she drove. Nothing worse than snow blowing after your driveway has been driven on. Hate those packed down tire tracks.
GPL's official source of trivia.

User avatar
george
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5760
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:14 am
Location: Edina
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 90 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by george » Wed Nov 27 8:04 am

Kid said it took less time to get to work than some heavy traffic days. He goes North on 100 and West on 394, about 9 miles.

User avatar
HockeyBum
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3526
Joined: Thu Jun 03 12:28 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 54 times
Contact:

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by HockeyBum » Wed Nov 27 8:07 am

With the way they talked this one up, I was surprised at how little there was when I woke up this morning. I was expecting to wake up to 8-12", but I had maybe 4-5" on my driveway when I cleared it.

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 14989
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 428 times
Age: 48
Contact:

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Jupiter » Wed Nov 27 8:19 am

We have 13 people that work in our office.... ZERO are in the office today. All working from home. It would have been a super light traffic day anyway due to Thanksgiving. So this is the perfect day for the weather to be bad in the morning.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14449
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 114 times
Age: 52

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by ScoobyDoo » Wed Nov 27 8:22 am

The $h!t was too heavy. I managed to get it cleaned up and got myself into work. Took me a good hour of snowblowing and shoveling.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29030
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 321 times
Age: 32

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Beauner » Wed Nov 27 8:23 am

Yeah I live in Eagan and work in EP. My usual commute (i leave around 630) between 30-40 minutes. Today was basically the same. Left around 620 and parked at 655. If this was a normal traffic day though? I'd probably still be on the the road.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 3407
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 210 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Karlsson » Wed Nov 27 8:51 am

6 maybe 7 inches in North MPLS. Well, on the portion of sidewalk I'm responsible for anyway. Now it's the plows turn to bury it in two feet.

User avatar
Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3865
Joined: Sat Dec 06 7:55 pm
Location: Wishing to be back at N46d 7.456m, W93d 31.221m
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 139 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Bladepuller » Wed Nov 27 9:02 am

Maybe 2 to 3 inches on the south end of Mille Lacs.
Wind though is fierce out of the NNW. Ground blizzard it appears out side of Wahkon Bay.
I hear you calling, Arizona
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9984
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 136 times
Age: 45

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by davescharf » Wed Nov 27 9:54 am

Jupiter wrote:
Wed Nov 27 8:19 am
We have 13 people that work in our office.... ZERO are in the office today. All working from home. It would have been a super light traffic day anyway due to Thanksgiving. So this is the perfect day for the weather to be bad in the morning.
I was surprised this morning when my wife's company (in the Opus business park where I think you are still) closed their offices today. They were planning on closing a couple hours early today anyways, but this didn't seem like the type of storm that would lead to the entire office being shut down.

At least they didn't cancel the non-school day activities at my daughter's school or our son's daycare. I might actually be able to get some work done around the house today.
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2067
Joined: Mon Nov 27 9:25 am
Location: Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 52

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Vegasgopher » Wed Nov 27 9:56 am

D2D wrote:
Tue Nov 26 8:42 pm
Vegasgopher wrote:
Tue Nov 26 7:50 pm
Yeah needed a light sweater for my first lesson this morning, was barely 60 for the low...
My parents retired to Naples and had a next door neighbor couple who moved to Sarasota. However less than a year later they moved back to Naples, saying Sarasota was too cold. :lol:
There actually is a huge difference in weather between here and Tampa even though it's only 2 hours north of here...there is a line somewhere that they get cold and here is always 75 thru the winter...think of the big difference in weather between Duluth and the cities...not a long distance but a huge difference...

And 83 today...lol at the shoveling stories

User avatar
Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3865
Joined: Sat Dec 06 7:55 pm
Location: Wishing to be back at N46d 7.456m, W93d 31.221m
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 139 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Bladepuller » Wed Nov 27 10:08 am

Weather difference?
How about Goodland Mn (N. of US2 on MN 65) and Goodland Florida, an old Florida fishing village on the SE side of Marco Island?
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

User avatar
Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3865
Joined: Sat Dec 06 7:55 pm
Location: Wishing to be back at N46d 7.456m, W93d 31.221m
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 139 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Bladepuller » Wed Nov 27 10:09 am

Surfing VRBO today, for some reason.
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 4955
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 14 times
Contact:

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by gopher6 » Wed Nov 27 10:09 am

394 494 glare ice at 9am
Last edited by gopher6 on Wed Nov 27 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5939
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Nov 27 10:17 am

Vegasgopher wrote:
Wed Nov 27 9:56 am
D2D wrote:
Tue Nov 26 8:42 pm
Vegasgopher wrote:
Tue Nov 26 7:50 pm
Yeah needed a light sweater for my first lesson this morning, was barely 60 for the low...
My parents retired to Naples and had a next door neighbor couple who moved to Sarasota. However less than a year later they moved back to Naples, saying Sarasota was too cold. :lol:
There actually is a huge difference in weather between here and Tampa even though it's only 2 hours north of here...there is a line somewhere that they get cold and here is always 75 thru the winter...think of the big difference in weather between Duluth and the cities...not a long distance but a huge difference...

And 83 today...lol at the shoveling stories
There is no question the weather in Ft Myers & Tampa/Clearwater is GREAT from November to mid May. But when you’ve sweated threw your golf shirt by10am in July & dodging Hurricanes during the summer & into September...well, that’s the trade off compared to MN😉

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 14989
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 428 times
Age: 48
Contact:

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Jupiter » Wed Nov 27 11:16 am

Bladepuller wrote:
Wed Nov 27 10:08 am
Weather difference?
How about Goodland Mn (N. of US2 on MN 65) and Goodland Florida, an old Florida fishing village on the SE side of Marco Island?
Yes.... But Goodland, MN has "Fred's"!!!
The best beef sticks, bacon and other cuts of meat!!!! MMMMMMM GOOOOOD!!!

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Handyman » Wed Nov 27 12:10 pm

We got a good amount of snow...but it was light as heck. Of course the guy I paid to plow the driveway never showed because why would he? :roll:

Looks like I will be shoveling later. I did the back porch and front walkway already so I am not too worried...but good lord I am annoyed.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3865
Joined: Sat Dec 06 7:55 pm
Location: Wishing to be back at N46d 7.456m, W93d 31.221m
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 139 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Bladepuller » Wed Nov 27 12:41 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Wed Nov 27 11:16 am
Bladepuller wrote:
Wed Nov 27 10:08 am
Weather difference?
How about Goodland Mn (N. of US2 on MN 65) and Goodland Florida, an old Florida fishing village on the SE side of Marco Island?
Yes.... But Goodland, MN has "Fred's"!!!
The best beef sticks, bacon and other cuts of meat!!!! MMMMMMM GOOOOOD!!!
Yes but Goodland FL has a great FRESH seafood dive restaurant.
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31874
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 264 times
Contact:

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by The Rube » Wed Nov 27 9:46 pm

I think the holiday week (less traffic) helped a ton. I had a normal commute, although took side roads (Cedar Lake to Plymouth Rd instead of 394W to 494N). Roads were a LITTLE slippery, but not horrible at all.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7684
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 128 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Bigbeer » Wed Nov 27 9:57 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Nov 27 10:17 am
Vegasgopher wrote:
Wed Nov 27 9:56 am
D2D wrote:
Tue Nov 26 8:42 pm
Vegasgopher wrote:
Tue Nov 26 7:50 pm
Yeah needed a light sweater for my first lesson this morning, was barely 60 for the low...
My parents retired to Naples and had a next door neighbor couple who moved to Sarasota. However less than a year later they moved back to Naples, saying Sarasota was too cold. :lol:
There actually is a huge difference in weather between here and Tampa even though it's only 2 hours north of here...there is a line somewhere that they get cold and here is always 75 thru the winter...think of the big difference in weather between Duluth and the cities...not a long distance but a huge difference...

And 83 today...lol at the shoveling stories
There is no question the weather in Ft Myers & Tampa/Clearwater is GREAT from November to mid May. But when you’ve sweated threw your golf shirt by10am in July & dodging Hurricanes during the summer & into September...well, that’s the trade off compared to MN😉
We do this with him every year.

Florida is a hell hole.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2839
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 364 times
Been liked: 128 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by D2D » Wed Nov 27 11:25 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Wed Nov 27 9:57 pm
We do this with him every year.

Florida is a hell hole.
I would love to be subject to their state income tax structure (NONE!) so I can think of many worse places to retire, but certain things - mostly family related - combine to keep me here. But the SW coast of Florida, for sure certain "winter" months, is very appealing.
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7878
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 403 times
Been liked: 500 times
Age: 33

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Nov 27 11:31 pm

Florida is a phenomenal place for a frozen four. (Tampa, we’re looking at you, to bid for the next round.....)

User avatar
NYC Gopher fan
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1560
Joined: Mon Jan 21 9:15 pm
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by NYC Gopher fan » Wed Nov 27 11:49 pm

Handyman wrote:
Wed Nov 27 12:10 pm
We got a good amount of snow...but it was light as heck. Of course the guy I paid to plow the driveway never showed because why would he? :roll:

Looks like I will be shoveling later. I did the back porch and front walkway already so I am not too worried...but good lord I am annoyed.
No less than four people in my hood today posting about how the people they pay didn’t show up either. I hate clearing snow most days but at least I’m reliable I guess

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Handyman » Wed Nov 27 11:55 pm

He showed up...just late.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10773
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 370 times
Age: 45

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Nov 28 5:44 am

D2D wrote:
Wed Nov 27 11:25 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Wed Nov 27 9:57 pm
We do this with him every year.

Florida is a hell hole.
I would love to be subject to their state income tax structure (NONE!) so I can think of many worse places to retire, but certain things - mostly family related - combine to keep me here. But the SW coast of Florida, for sure certain "winter" months, is very appealing.
What you gain in dropping your state income tax is chewed up with more expensive housing, toll roads, etc. most states without income tax are amongst the highest in terms of cost of living. Texas and Wyoming aren’t too bad.

In this list FL is 35th in terms of cost of living (1 being most affiardable). Texas is 23, Wyoming 28, Nevada 42, Washington 44, Alaska 45.

Minnesota is 21st.


https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... ordability
Last edited by Bertogliat on Thu Nov 28 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 16873
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 408 times
Been liked: 420 times
Contact:

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Nov 28 5:48 am

Don't forget Florida man.
Currently under construction.

User avatar
Vegasgopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2067
Joined: Mon Nov 27 9:25 am
Location: Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 113 times
Age: 52

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Vegasgopher » Thu Nov 28 1:44 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Wed Nov 27 9:57 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Nov 27 10:17 am
Vegasgopher wrote:
Wed Nov 27 9:56 am
D2D wrote:
Tue Nov 26 8:42 pm
Vegasgopher wrote:
Tue Nov 26 7:50 pm
Yeah needed a light sweater for my first lesson this morning, was barely 60 for the low...
My parents retired to Naples and had a next door neighbor couple who moved to Sarasota. However less than a year later they moved back to Naples, saying Sarasota was too cold. :lol:
There actually is a huge difference in weather between here and Tampa even though it's only 2 hours north of here...there is a line somewhere that they get cold and here is always 75 thru the winter...think of the big difference in weather between Duluth and the cities...not a long distance but a huge difference...

And 83 today...lol at the shoveling stories
There is no question the weather in Ft Myers & Tampa/Clearwater is GREAT from November to mid May. But when you’ve sweated threw your golf shirt by10am in July & dodging Hurricanes during the summer & into September...well, that’s the trade off compared to MN😉
We do this with him every year.

Florida is a hell hole.
No

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Handyman » Thu Nov 28 2:28 pm

How about: Florida is a hell hole if you are under the age of AARP membership ;)
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29030
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 321 times
Age: 32

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Beauner » Thu Nov 28 3:42 pm

Florida is America's flaccid wang. #fact
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7684
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 128 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Nov 28 8:43 pm

Vegasgopher wrote:
Thu Nov 28 1:44 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Wed Nov 27 9:57 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Nov 27 10:17 am
Vegasgopher wrote:
Wed Nov 27 9:56 am
D2D wrote:
Tue Nov 26 8:42 pm
Vegasgopher wrote:
Tue Nov 26 7:50 pm
Yeah needed a light sweater for my first lesson this morning, was barely 60 for the low...
My parents retired to Naples and had a next door neighbor couple who moved to Sarasota. However less than a year later they moved back to Naples, saying Sarasota was too cold. :lol:
There actually is a huge difference in weather between here and Tampa even though it's only 2 hours north of here...there is a line somewhere that they get cold and here is always 75 thru the winter...think of the big difference in weather between Duluth and the cities...not a long distance but a huge difference...

And 83 today...lol at the shoveling stories
There is no question the weather in Ft Myers & Tampa/Clearwater is GREAT from November to mid May. But when you’ve sweated threw your golf shirt by10am in July & dodging Hurricanes during the summer & into September...well, that’s the trade off compared to MN😉
We do this with him every year.

Florida is a hell hole.
No
I grew up outside of Tampa, have visited much of the state and lived in Orlando (awful) for a year and don’t miss it at all. Other than snow removal Minnesota is vastly superior in almost every way.
My brother now lives in Seattle and feels the same way.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31874
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 264 times
Contact:

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by The Rube » Thu Nov 28 8:45 pm

Florida would be great if you got rid of the humidity and Florida Man......
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
00xtremeninja
Veteran
Posts: 1461
Joined: Thu Nov 01 2:01 pm
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 131 times
Age: 35
Contact:

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by 00xtremeninja » Thu Nov 28 8:52 pm

Miami area drivers are a piece of work.I've never seen so many newer cars on the side of the road before because of the reckless and abusive driving.
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7684
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 128 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Nov 28 9:00 pm

00xtremeninja wrote:
Thu Nov 28 8:52 pm
Miami area drivers are a piece of work.I've never seen so many newer cars on the side of the road before because of the reckless and abusive driving.
Driving in Miami is insane, they honk at each other constantly
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7684
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 128 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Nov 28 9:01 pm

The Rube wrote:
Thu Nov 28 8:45 pm
Florida would be great if you got rid of the humidity and Florida Man......
Their infrastructure blows too...crappy roads, crappy schools, crappy parks, god awful DMV, etc
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
00xtremeninja
Veteran
Posts: 1461
Joined: Thu Nov 01 2:01 pm
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 131 times
Age: 35
Contact:

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by 00xtremeninja » Thu Nov 28 9:03 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Thu Nov 28 9:00 pm
00xtremeninja wrote:
Thu Nov 28 8:52 pm
Miami area drivers are a piece of work.I've never seen so many newer cars on the side of the road before because of the reckless and abusive driving.
Driving in Miami is insane, they honk at each other constantly
i watched a guy in a brand new 6 series BMW whip across three lanes of traffic to make his exit all while taking down like 12 of those little plastic flapper things in the road that are there before you smash your car into a barrier for the ramp. dude just kept on going like it was a regular ol saturday night drive.
PSN: xtremeninja00 (put GPL in title)
"A good friend will bail you out of jail, your best friend will be next to you saying 'that was f**king awesome!'"

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9984
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 136 times
Age: 45

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by davescharf » Sat Nov 30 10:56 am

For anyone needing a real time weather update we just drove from Plymouth to Hastings. Once we hit 62 it was all rain from there aouth
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Handyman » Sat Nov 30 11:28 am

My driveway isnt even completely covered by snow...
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6132
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 299 times
Age: 54

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Nov 30 2:32 pm

Made the trek home from the cities this morning. We experienced snow, sleet, rain, and fog on the drive. Got home and all the trees are ice covered and part of an apple tree snapped because of the ice. It's not near as bad as ice storms in the past, but everything is covered.

User avatar
Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3865
Joined: Sat Dec 06 7:55 pm
Location: Wishing to be back at N46d 7.456m, W93d 31.221m
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 139 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Bladepuller » Sat Nov 30 2:34 pm

At times the visability is down to less than 1/4 mile on tje south end of Mille Lacs.
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 19753
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 986 times
Been liked: 668 times
Age: 54

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Greyeagle » Sat Nov 30 2:36 pm

Bladepuller wrote:
Sat Nov 30 2:34 pm
At times the visability is down to less than 1/4 mile on tje south end of Mille Lacs.
Cataracts or Bud Lite? :lol:
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3865
Joined: Sat Dec 06 7:55 pm
Location: Wishing to be back at N46d 7.456m, W93d 31.221m
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 139 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Bladepuller » Sat Nov 30 2:38 pm

My eyes were once good enough to catch sight of a green jock......floating down in the X
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

User avatar
Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3865
Joined: Sat Dec 06 7:55 pm
Location: Wishing to be back at N46d 7.456m, W93d 31.221m
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 139 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Bladepuller » Sat Nov 30 2:45 pm

Bladepuller wrote:
Sat Nov 30 2:38 pm
My eyes were once good enough to catch sight of a green jock......floating down in the X
Also, I had to point it out to .....an eagle eyed St Paulite.
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5939
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by bearpaw28 » Sat Nov 30 4:07 pm

The storm has now hit its stride in Duluth/Superior...should get at least one foot of snow by Sunday morning. Pretty much white out conditions (at this point). ☝️

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Handyman » Sat Nov 30 4:23 pm

Some flurries here...probably shovel the slush in a little while.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31874
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 264 times
Contact:

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by The Rube » Sat Nov 30 5:08 pm

The short drive to Spring Park this morning was crappy. Freezing rain the whole way, roads were a little slippery. The drive back was fine, roads were just wet. Stopped by a place to watch the first half of the MN game, then left, and the roads are back to being slippery, and I guarantee the conditions will worsen as the evening goes on.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 3407
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 210 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Karlsson » Sun Dec 01 9:06 am

Hmmmmm. Not certain how we're getting out of here and back home. :lol:

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5939
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Dec 01 11:08 am

According to the city of Duluth and the Weather Service, 19 inches of snow has fallen in Duluth. Expect another 2-6 inches of snow before noon

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Handyman » Sun Dec 01 11:09 am

We maybe got 3...driveway already plowed :dup:
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31874
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 264 times
Contact:

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by The Rube » Sun Dec 01 11:18 am

Kinda sorta snowing right now in Tonkaland. Roads are a little slippery, but not bad.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 3407
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 210 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Karlsson » Sun Dec 01 4:19 pm

Said screw it we wanna go home. Left Superior about 2:45. In Cloquet right now. Efffffffffffffffff.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5939
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Dec 01 4:47 pm

Karlsson wrote:
Sun Dec 01 4:19 pm
Said screw it we wanna go home. Left Superior about 2:45. In Cloquet right now. Efffffffffffffffff.
You might be in a hotel tonight (somewhere on the way) we are snowed in...in the east end area of Superior. None of the non primary streets have been plowed. And about 25 inches of snow has fallen in last 24 hours.

User avatar
D2D
Veteran
Posts: 2839
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 364 times
Been liked: 128 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by D2D » Sun Dec 01 7:01 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Nov 30 4:07 pm
The storm has now hit its stride in Duluth/Superior...should get at least one foot of snow by Sunday morning. Pretty much white out conditions (at this point). ☝️
You underestimated by 10 inches! Officially you got 22 - in the Top 10 of all time. :shock:
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

User avatar
NYC Gopher fan
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1560
Joined: Mon Jan 21 9:15 pm
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by NYC Gopher fan » Sun Dec 01 7:13 pm

Wow the roads have suddenly gotten slippery

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 19753
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 986 times
Been liked: 668 times
Age: 54

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Greyeagle » Sun Dec 01 7:31 pm

Karlsson wrote:
Sun Dec 01 4:19 pm
Said screw it we wanna go home. Left Superior about 2:45. In Cloquet right now. Efffffffffffffffff.
You should almost be to Barnum by now. :lol:
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5939
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Dec 01 7:33 pm

D2D wrote:
Sun Dec 01 7:01 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Sat Nov 30 4:07 pm
The storm has now hit its stride in Duluth/Superior...should get at least one foot of snow by Sunday morning. Pretty much white out conditions (at this point). ☝️
You underestimated by 10 inches! Officially you got 22 - in the Top 10 of all time. :shock:
😉

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15000
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 199 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Dec 01 7:40 pm

Many that like the state parks along the North Shore probably checked this out at least once.
https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/12/0 ... state-park

Sucks
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9984
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 136 times
Age: 45

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by davescharf » Sun Dec 01 7:49 pm

NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Sun Dec 01 7:13 pm
Wow the roads have suddenly gotten slippery
Agreed - getting from Hopkins to Plymouth was a bit slow and slick.
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 3407
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 210 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Karlsson » Sun Dec 01 8:18 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Sun Dec 01 7:31 pm
Karlsson wrote:
Sun Dec 01 4:19 pm
Said screw it we wanna go home. Left Superior about 2:45. In Cloquet right now. Efffffffffffffffff.
You should almost be to Barnum by now. :lol:
Got home at 7:00. 35 was terrible from Duluth to Barnum. Barnum to Sturgeon Lake was surprisingly pretty clear, then it was awful from Sturgeon Lake to Rush City. Only slid once, on 100 just before our exit on France. :mrgreen:

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5939
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Dec 01 8:29 pm

Karlsson wrote:
Sun Dec 01 8:18 pm
Greyeagle wrote:
Sun Dec 01 7:31 pm
Karlsson wrote:
Sun Dec 01 4:19 pm
Said screw it we wanna go home. Left Superior about 2:45. In Cloquet right now. Efffffffffffffffff.
You should almost be to Barnum by now. :lol:
Got home at 7:00. 35 was terrible from Duluth to Barnum. Barnum to Sturgeon Lake was surprisingly pretty clear, then it was awful from Sturgeon Lake to Rush City. Only slid once, on 100 just before our exit on France. :mrgreen:
Glad to hear you made it home safely 👍

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 31874
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 264 times
Contact:

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by The Rube » Sun Dec 01 8:33 pm

davescharf wrote:
Sun Dec 01 7:49 pm
NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Sun Dec 01 7:13 pm
Wow the roads have suddenly gotten slippery
Agreed - getting from Hopkins to Plymouth was a bit slow and slick.
It was getting slippery at about 3pm from downtown Hopkins to my place (about 3 miles north).
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Handyman » Sun Dec 01 10:13 pm

169 was fine by me in the early afternoon but I had no interest going out once the temp dropped cause I knew the slush would make for problems.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5939
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Dec 02 2:58 pm

It’s 2:55pm on Monday in Superior...and 22 inches of snow that fell on East 7th Street... still hasn’t been plowed. Only tracks up and down the street have been made by snowmobiles. Called the city today...they said they’re working on it and will have 7th Street PLOWED by midnight (tonight). Been snowed in since 5pm on Saturday :roll: :censored: :crazy:

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 3407
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 210 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Karlsson » Mon Dec 02 4:26 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Dec 02 2:58 pm
It’s 2:55pm on Monday in Superior...and 22 inches of snow that fell on East 7th Street... still hasn’t been plowed. Only tracks up and down the street have been made by snowmobiles. Called the city today...they said they’re working on it and will have 7th Street PLOWED by midnight (tonight). Been snowed in since 5pm on Saturday :roll: :censored: :crazy:
That really sucks. We were warned yesterday by some neighbors that plowing may not happen until Wednesday!

The neighbors around the airbnb we had in Superior were fantastic, by the way. A few came out and helped dig our car out when they saw me out there. A guy in a truck stopped and gave his phone number if we needed to be pulled out as well. We were luckily very close to US2, and they all said if we can get through the 3 blocks before it we'd be good. I'm very thankful, as we were about to call it and stay who knows how long and have unplanned absences at work.

They did all this while giving me crap for being a Gopher fan, of course. :lol:

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5939
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by bearpaw28 » Tue Dec 03 7:20 am

Karlsson wrote:
Mon Dec 02 4:26 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Dec 02 2:58 pm
It’s 2:55pm on Monday in Superior...and 22 inches of snow that fell on East 7th Street... still hasn’t been plowed. Only tracks up and down the street have been made by snowmobiles. Called the city today...they said they’re working on it and will have 7th Street PLOWED by midnight (tonight). Been snowed in since 5pm on Saturday :roll: :censored: :crazy:
That really sucks. We were warned yesterday by some neighbors that plowing may not happen until Wednesday!

The neighbors around the airbnb we had in Superior were fantastic, by the way. A few came out and helped dig our car out when they saw me out there. A guy in a truck stopped and gave his phone number if we needed to be pulled out as well. We were luckily very close to US2, and they all said if we can get through the 3 blocks before it we'd be good. I'm very thankful, as we were about to call it and stay who knows how long and have unplanned absences at work.

They did all this while giving me crap for being a Gopher fan, of course. :lol:
I’ve escaped from confinement at E 7th Street in Superior☝️ Plow finally came by at 4am, plowed both sides of street. Half hour of shoveling packed snow to get on to 7th, Freedom. ☝️

User avatar
Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3865
Joined: Sat Dec 06 7:55 pm
Location: Wishing to be back at N46d 7.456m, W93d 31.221m
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 139 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Bladepuller » Tue Dec 03 8:07 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Tue Dec 03 7:20 am
Karlsson wrote:
Mon Dec 02 4:26 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Dec 02 2:58 pm
It’s 2:55pm on Monday in Superior...and 22 inches of snow that fell on East 7th Street... still hasn’t been plowed. Only tracks up and down the street have been made by snowmobiles. Called the city today...they said they’re working on it and will have 7th Street PLOWED by midnight (tonight). Been snowed in since 5pm on Saturday :roll: :censored: :crazy:
That really sucks. We were warned yesterday by some neighbors that plowing may not happen until Wednesday!

The neighbors around the airbnb we had in Superior were fantastic, by the way. A few came out and helped dig our car out when they saw me out there. A guy in a truck stopped and gave his phone number if we needed to be pulled out as well. We were luckily very close to US2, and they all said if we can get through the 3 blocks before it we'd be good. I'm very thankful, as we were about to call it and stay who knows how long and have unplanned absences at work.

They did all this while giving me crap for being a Gopher fan, of course. :lol:
I’ve escaped from confinement at E 7th Street in Superior☝️ Plow finally came by at 4am, plowed both sides of street. Half hour of shoveling packed snow to get on to 7th, Freedom. ☝️
"Sup-tucky" is a good place to escape from. 😏
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

User avatar
Zwak
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10366
Joined: Mon Nov 13 6:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 158 times
Age: 54

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Zwak » Tue Dec 03 8:56 am

bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Dec 02 2:58 pm
It’s 2:55pm on Monday in Superior...and 22 inches of snow that fell on East 7th Street... still hasn’t been plowed. Only tracks up and down the street have been made by snowmobiles. Called the city today...they said they’re working on it and will have 7th Street PLOWED by midnight (tonight). Been snowed in since 5pm on Saturday :roll: :censored: :crazy:
I have a dumb question. Does Duluth/Superior get lake effect snow? I get that 22" of snow and can understand the delays but I would think that this would be more commonplace up there (this coming from someone who doesn't travel to Duluth much in the winter).
GPL's official source of trivia.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5939
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 123 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by bearpaw28 » Tue Dec 03 8:59 am

The way the low pressure system was wrapping around counter clockwise YES...lake effect snow also played into the 22 inches of snow in less than 24 hours.

User avatar
solar
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2058
Joined: Wed Feb 01 5:33 pm
Location: Minneapolis
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 9 times
Age: 50

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by solar » Tue Dec 03 9:23 am

Duluth's Lift Bridge stuck in down position after storm.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/loc ... d03de617b1

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 3407
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 210 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Karlsson » Tue Dec 03 11:49 am

Bentleyville has also been shut down indefinitely. Just an FYI in case anyone was taking their little ones up there soon.

Edit: Now I see they are hoping to open back up today, but need help clearing snow.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6132
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 299 times
Age: 54

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Dec 28 7:56 am

Wowzers-- Glad we came up to the Cities a day early to avoid this ice. Where I live is under an Ice Warning. Looking out the window of the hotel and it's a mess here in the metro. Luckily they said it should be clearing up by noon.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10773
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 370 times
Age: 45

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Bertogliat » Sat Dec 28 8:59 am

Roads are incredibly icy. I was driving 10 mph on side streets and tried to stop with plenty of room and still slid through an intersection. Every emergency vehicle was busy with lights and sirens. Lots of accidents, even on side roads.

I had trouble walking on a flat sidewalk. Just couldn’t get traction. When I returned home the car almost didn’t make it into the garage with AWD on minimal slope.

Stay home.

User avatar
HockeyBum
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3526
Joined: Thu Jun 03 12:28 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 54 times
Contact:

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by HockeyBum » Sat Dec 28 9:05 am

There is a curve on my street that starts a few houses down. I've been entertaining myself all morning watching cars do 180 spinouts going around that curve. So far no mailboxes have been taken out, but its been close. :)

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10773
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 370 times
Age: 45

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Bertogliat » Sat Dec 28 10:12 am


User avatar
NYC Gopher fan
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1560
Joined: Mon Jan 21 9:15 pm
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by NYC Gopher fan » Sat Dec 28 10:41 am

Power in East Edina was out for a bit, which isn’t great when you have your house at 63 already! Luckily it wasn’t out for long

User avatar
george
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5760
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:14 am
Location: Edina
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 90 times

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by george » Sat Dec 28 11:07 am

NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Sat Dec 28 10:41 am
Power in East Edina was out for a bit, which isn’t great when you have your house at 63 already! Luckily it wasn’t out for long
Ours too. I had just reported on the Xcel page and it came back on.

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28661
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times
Age: 40

Re: WEATHERMANIA

Post by Handyman » Sat Dec 28 1:44 pm

NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Sat Dec 28 10:41 am
Power in East Edina was out for a bit, which isn’t great when you have your house at 63 already! Luckily it wasn’t out for long
Well cake is better when it is chilled :lol:
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

Post Reply