Page 98 of 105

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Fri May 29 8:53 am
by Karlsson
Cowgirl wrote:
Fri May 29 8:29 am
gopher6 wrote:
Fri May 29 6:29 am
CNN had a reporter arrested this am in MPLS all he was doing was his job
I heard they got a governors apology and were unarrested.
Yes it was very brief. But still, :dope:

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Fri May 29 9:01 am
by Grovetown Scotty
00xtremeninja wrote:
Fri May 29 8:53 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Fri May 29 8:14 am
No offense, but 170 businesses destroyed and hundreds of people out of their homes. Who gives a rats ass about a CNN reporter.
Adds a little more fuel to the fire (no pun intended) that it was a person of color reporter and that right down the road a white reporter is able to continue doing his job. So on live TV we get an example of what the outrage is all about.
So he was arrested for being a person of color? Just trying to follow your logic.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Fri May 29 9:21 am
by Slap Shot
I believe the claim was they were asked to move and refused. I do not know 100% if that's true nor am I arguing it's a legitimate reason for the arrest even if it was the reason.

Trying to keep it neutral folks.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Fri May 29 9:27 am
by 00xtremeninja
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Fri May 29 9:01 am
00xtremeninja wrote:
Fri May 29 8:53 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Fri May 29 8:14 am
No offense, but 170 businesses destroyed and hundreds of people out of their homes. Who gives a rats ass about a CNN reporter.
Adds a little more fuel to the fire (no pun intended) that it was a person of color reporter and that right down the road a white reporter is able to continue doing his job. So on live TV we get an example of what the outrage is all about.
So he was arrested for being a person of color? Just trying to follow your logic.
Sure came across that way on the footage.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Fri May 29 9:48 am
by Grovetown Scotty
00xtremeninja wrote:
Fri May 29 9:27 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Fri May 29 9:01 am
00xtremeninja wrote:
Fri May 29 8:53 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Fri May 29 8:14 am
No offense, but 170 businesses destroyed and hundreds of people out of their homes. Who gives a rats ass about a CNN reporter.
Adds a little more fuel to the fire (no pun intended) that it was a person of color reporter and that right down the road a white reporter is able to continue doing his job. So on live TV we get an example of what the outrage is all about.
So he was arrested for being a person of color? Just trying to follow your logic.
Sure came across that way on the footage.
Just watched the video. I saw nothing that even remotely hints that he was arrested for being a person of color. HIs camera guy and the crazy chick running up the street were also arrested.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Fri May 29 9:53 am
by 00xtremeninja
So why was Josh Campbell allowed to stay?

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Fri May 29 9:53 am
by MATT
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Fri May 29 9:48 am
00xtremeninja wrote:
Fri May 29 9:27 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Fri May 29 9:01 am
00xtremeninja wrote:
Fri May 29 8:53 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Fri May 29 8:14 am
No offense, but 170 businesses destroyed and hundreds of people out of their homes. Who gives a rats ass about a CNN reporter.
Adds a little more fuel to the fire (no pun intended) that it was a person of color reporter and that right down the road a white reporter is able to continue doing his job. So on live TV we get an example of what the outrage is all about.
So he was arrested for being a person of color? Just trying to follow your logic.
Sure came across that way on the footage.
Just watched the video. I saw nothing that even remotely hints that he was arrested for being a person of color. HIs camera guy and the crazy chick running up the street were also arrested.
What was he arrested for?

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Fri May 29 10:05 am
by Grovetown Scotty
MATT wrote:
Fri May 29 9:53 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Fri May 29 9:48 am
00xtremeninja wrote:
Fri May 29 9:27 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Fri May 29 9:01 am
00xtremeninja wrote:
Fri May 29 8:53 am
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Fri May 29 8:14 am
No offense, but 170 businesses destroyed and hundreds of people out of their homes. Who gives a rats ass about a CNN reporter.
Adds a little more fuel to the fire (no pun intended) that it was a person of color reporter and that right down the road a white reporter is able to continue doing his job. So on live TV we get an example of what the outrage is all about.
So he was arrested for being a person of color? Just trying to follow your logic.
Sure came across that way on the footage.
Just watched the video. I saw nothing that even remotely hints that he was arrested for being a person of color. HIs camera guy and the crazy chick running up the street were also arrested.
What was he arrested for?
Looks to me like they wouldn't get out of the street when asked.

[url][/url]

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Fri May 29 10:15 am
by MATT
00xtremeninja wrote:
Fri May 29 9:53 am
So why was Josh Campbell allowed to stay?
“He just reported that police approached him, asked him who he was with, he said CNN. And they say ‘ok, you’re good.”
Had to double check that Omar’s credentials weren’t fake tho... 🙄

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Fri May 29 3:52 pm
by gopherguy13
Cool, so pretty soon we won't have a Local Broadcasting/Media thread either!

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Fri May 29 4:43 pm
by Handyman
Image

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Fri May 29 4:54 pm
by Greyeagle
So moving on......

Last night was surreal. You probably saw my house on TV last night from a helicopter. Some of you may know this already, but Midway is my 'hood. Mrs. GE and I bought a house there almost thirty years ago when it was all we could afford and it's felt right ever since. @YoungEagle has basically lived his whole life there. Sure there are some strange happenings at time but for the most it's been perfectly fine and our neighbors are a combination of professors, professionals, blue collar workers, career military, and whole bunch of other great people. Is it for everyone, absolutely not but it's worked for us.

We've had a lot of protests in the area, never had a problem.
Last night was the first time I was ever scared living there. Ever.
We left. Spent the night with Mrs. GE's sister and will be here or YE's :D lake place over the weekend.
I am not claiming to be a refugee but can certainly better empathize with what they must be feeling. Same with those who need to evacuate due to fires, weather, etc. Of course, it ends there as I still have a home.

I cannot to begin to express how :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: pissed I am at the knucklheads who ruined so many wonderful neighborhood gems. Peking Garden in the Midway Center. Started by immigrants in 1983 and truly wonderful food. You know it's good when you are one of the only non Chinese people there. Lloyd's Pharmacy. 120 years gone. Great little store and our go to since we've lived here.

No damage to our house or in our immediate neighborhood but I am still :censored: POed at morons.

Thanks for letting me rant. Keep it civil here, don't be a knucklehead. :)
:rantonoff:

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Fri May 29 5:36 pm
by eHo
Greyeagle wrote:
Fri May 29 4:54 pm
So moving on......

Last night was surreal. You probably saw my house on TV last night from a helicopter. Some of you may know this already, but Midway is my 'hood. Mrs. GE and I bought a house there almost thirty years ago when it was all we could afford and it's felt right ever since. @YoungEagle has basically lived his whole life there. Sure there are some strange happenings at time but for the most it's been perfectly fine and our neighbors are a combination of professors, professionals, blue collar workers, career military, and whole bunch of other great people. Is it for everyone, absolutely not but it's worked for us.

We've had a lot of protests in the area, never had a problem.
Last night was the first time I was ever scared living there. Ever.
We left. Spent the night with Mrs. GE's sister and will be here or YE's :D lake place over the weekend.
I am not claiming to be a refugee but can certainly better empathize with what they must be feeling. Same with those who need to evacuate due to fires, weather, etc. Of course, it ends there as I still have a home.

I cannot to begin to express how :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: pissed I am at the knucklheads who ruined so many wonderful neighborhood gems. Peking Garden in the Midway Center. Started by immigrants in 1983 and truly wonderful food. You know it's good when you are one of the only non Chinese people there. Lloyd's Pharmacy. 120 years gone. Great little store and our go to since we've lived here.

No damage to our house or in our immediate neighborhood but I am still :censored: POed at morons.

Thanks for letting me rant. Keep it civil here, don't be a knucklehead. :)
:rantonoff:
Stay safe. I've only gone to Peking Garden once in their new place, but I remember going to their former location in Stadium Village as a kid and throughout college. Sad that it was destroyed.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Fri May 29 5:44 pm
by Karlsson
I was at the Turf a lot for about a decade there, sad to see it and other places like the Hexagon get hit. Great fuzzy memories. Try to stay safe, everyone.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Fri May 29 10:00 pm
by SkiUMahLaw

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Fri May 29 10:07 pm
by Greyeagle
SkiUMahLaw wrote:
Fri May 29 10:00 pm
Ah man that stinks. Loved booing him.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Fri May 29 11:14 pm
by Snowcool08
Julie Nelson on Kare is doing a wonderful job the last few nights. She’s legitimately upset and making her point heard.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 2:35 am
by Cowgirl
I don’t know if anyone else watched the governor’s briefing just a bit ago. This situation is terrifying and sounds like it could get a lot worse before it gets better.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 3:56 am
by gopherfun83
Yes I listened and have been listening to police scanner. This is crazy that this should even be happening.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 8:53 am
by Norm
A week ago I didn't think anything could knock Covid out of the news.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 8:56 am
by Zwak
gopherfun83 wrote:
Sat May 30 3:56 am
Yes I listened and have been listening to police scanner.
This is crazy that this should even be happening.
Former MPD Officer Derek Chauvin In Custody, Charged With Murder In George Floyd’s Death. After watching the video on the news this is pure evil he is a devil in my book and a waste of oxygen on this planet..Unless he is charged with 1st degree murder and the other 3 are charged this could spiral out of control around the country very quickly and is destroying the metro area here already.
I understand what you are saying but 1st degree murder charges just won’t fit. @SkiUMahLaw can correct me if I’m wrong but 1st degree murder has to show premeditation and that the person planned the murder before committing the crime.

Further charges can be added as the investigation progresses.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 8:58 am
by Norm
Chauvin's wife is filing for divorce.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 8:58 am
by The Rube
Norm wrote:
Sat May 30 8:53 am
A week ago I didn't think anything could knock Covid out of the news.
Saw a tweet this morning:

Man, can't believe Covid blew a 28-3 lead over racism....

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 9:22 am
by Grovetown Scotty
The Rube wrote:
Sat May 30 8:58 am
Norm wrote:
Sat May 30 8:53 am
A week ago I didn't think anything could knock Covid out of the news.
Saw a tweet this morning:

Man, can't believe Covid blew a 28-3 lead over racism....
Really tired of people throwing around the racism tag. Sickens me to see all the good cops thrown under the bus. What are you going to do when nobody wants to be a cop anymore?

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 10:31 am
by george
I saw Mayor Frye on TV say the instigators are outsiders, not locals. Has anyone seen any evidence that that's true? I haven't even heard of arrests.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 11:10 am
by team22tank
The Rube wrote:
Sat May 30 8:58 am
Norm wrote:
Sat May 30 8:53 am
A week ago I didn't think anything could knock Covid out of the news.
Saw a tweet this morning:

Man, can't believe Covid blew a 28-3 lead over racism....
You saw a tweet?

Lol.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 11:11 am
by team22tank
Snowcool08 wrote:
Fri May 29 11:14 pm
Julie Nelson on Kare is doing a wonderful job the last few nights. She’s legitimately upset and making her point heard.
Good for her.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 11:21 am
by team22tank
george wrote:
Sat May 30 10:31 am
I saw Mayor Frye on TV say the instigators are outsiders, not locals. Has anyone seen any evidence that that's true? I haven't even heard of arrests.
The Police Chief said the same thing a couple days ago. Would not surprise me at all. Very common for gatherings across the spectrum. Unfortunately in this case looting and destruction.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 11:30 am
by Cowgirl
george wrote:
Sat May 30 10:31 am
I saw Mayor Frye on TV say the instigators are outsiders, not locals. Has anyone seen any evidence that that's true? I haven't even heard of arrests.
In the middle of the night conference they suggested there is reason to believe that white supremacist and drug cartel groups have been coordinating around the country to instigate and aggravate these destructive riots. And yes, I heard a couple times on the news they have heard of people coming from out of state to participate.

Yeah, who could have ever imagine we’d wish all we had to worry about was covid.

If any of you or someone you know are police/fire/EMT/national guard or military and are out the helping to protect us and end this unfortunate violence, thank you, and stay safe.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 11:51 am
by Zwak
Cowgirl wrote:
Sat May 30 11:30 am
george wrote:
Sat May 30 10:31 am
I saw Mayor Frye on TV say the instigators are outsiders, not locals. Has anyone seen any evidence that that's true? I haven't even heard of arrests.
In the middle of the night conference they suggested there is reason to believe that white supremacist and drug cartel groups have been coordinating around the country to instigate and aggravate these destructive riots. And yes, I heard a couple times on the news they have heard of people coming from out of state to participate.

Yeah, who could have ever imagine we’d wish all we had to worry about was covid.

If any of you or someone you know are police/fire/EMT/national guard or military and are out the helping to protect us and end this unfortunate violence, thank you, and stay safe.
Did anyone see that video of the guy wearing black, carrying an umbrella and just breaking windows as he casually walked along. Very creepy and weird

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 12:18 pm
by Grovetown Scotty
george wrote:
Sat May 30 10:31 am
I saw Mayor Frye on TV say the instigators are outsiders, not locals. Has anyone seen any evidence that that's true? I haven't even heard of arrests.
Haven’t seen any evidence. Have a hard time believing the looters and rioters from Thursday nights violence were mostly from out of state.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 12:23 pm
by F Da Sue
All of the people arrested in St. Paul last night were from outside the state per the Mayor.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 12:26 pm
by The Rube
F Da Sue wrote:
Sat May 30 12:23 pm
All of the people arrested in St. Paul last night were from outside the state per the Mayor.
75 arrests, I believe is the number.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 12:26 pm
by Grovetown Scotty
F Da Sue wrote:
Sat May 30 12:23 pm
All of the people arrested in St. Paul last night were from outside the state per the Mayor.
Gotta be true if a politician says it was true. All of them?

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 12:32 pm
by Cowgirl
Zwak wrote:
Sat May 30 11:51 am
Cowgirl wrote:
Sat May 30 11:30 am
george wrote:
Sat May 30 10:31 am
I saw Mayor Frye on TV say the instigators are outsiders, not locals. Has anyone seen any evidence that that's true? I haven't even heard of arrests.
In the middle of the night conference they suggested there is reason to believe that white supremacist and drug cartel groups have been coordinating around the country to instigate and aggravate these destructive riots. And yes, I heard a couple times on the news they have heard of people coming from out of state to participate.

Yeah, who could have ever imagine we’d wish all we had to worry about was covid.

If any of you or someone you know are police/fire/EMT/national guard or military and are out the helping to protect us and end this unfortunate violence, thank you, and stay safe.
Did anyone see that video of the guy wearing black, carrying an umbrella and just breaking windows as he casually walked along. Very creepy and weird
Yeah, rumors abound he’s a local cop but no proof of that.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 12:36 pm
by Grovetown Scotty
Cowgirl wrote:
Sat May 30 12:32 pm
Zwak wrote:
Sat May 30 11:51 am
Cowgirl wrote:
Sat May 30 11:30 am
george wrote:
Sat May 30 10:31 am
I saw Mayor Frye on TV say the instigators are outsiders, not locals. Has anyone seen any evidence that that's true? I haven't even heard of arrests.
In the middle of the night conference they suggested there is reason to believe that white supremacist and drug cartel groups have been coordinating around the country to instigate and aggravate these destructive riots. And yes, I heard a couple times on the news they have heard of people coming from out of state to participate.

Yeah, who could have ever imagine we’d wish all we had to worry about was covid.

If any of you or someone you know are police/fire/EMT/national guard or military and are out the helping to protect us and end this unfortunate violence, thank you, and stay safe.
Did anyone see that video of the guy wearing black, carrying an umbrella and just breaking windows as he casually walked along. Very creepy and weird

Yeah, rumors abound he’s a local cop but no proof of that.
Why bring it up if it's a rumor?

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 12:46 pm
by Cowgirl
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sat May 30 12:36 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Sat May 30 12:32 pm
Zwak wrote:
Sat May 30 11:51 am
Cowgirl wrote:
Sat May 30 11:30 am
george wrote:
Sat May 30 10:31 am
I saw Mayor Frye on TV say the instigators are outsiders, not locals. Has anyone seen any evidence that that's true? I haven't even heard of arrests.
In the middle of the night conference they suggested there is reason to believe that white supremacist and drug cartel groups have been coordinating around the country to instigate and aggravate these destructive riots. And yes, I heard a couple times on the news they have heard of people coming from out of state to participate.

Yeah, who could have ever imagine we’d wish all we had to worry about was covid.

If any of you or someone you know are police/fire/EMT/national guard or military and are out the helping to protect us and end this unfortunate violence, thank you, and stay safe.
Did anyone see that video of the guy wearing black, carrying an umbrella and just breaking windows as he casually walked along. Very creepy and weird

Yeah, rumors abound he’s a local cop but no proof of that.
Why bring it up if it's a rumor?
Just repeating what I’ve seen on the public news and police social media.

Please stop trying to instigate. Let us have a rational discussion. Thanks.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 12:46 pm
by Karlsson
Cowgirl wrote:
Sat May 30 12:32 pm
Zwak wrote:
Sat May 30 11:51 am
Cowgirl wrote:
Sat May 30 11:30 am
george wrote:
Sat May 30 10:31 am
I saw Mayor Frye on TV say the instigators are outsiders, not locals. Has anyone seen any evidence that that's true? I haven't even heard of arrests.
In the middle of the night conference they suggested there is reason to believe that white supremacist and drug cartel groups have been coordinating around the country to instigate and aggravate these destructive riots. And yes, I heard a couple times on the news they have heard of people coming from out of state to participate.

Yeah, who could have ever imagine we’d wish all we had to worry about was covid.

If any of you or someone you know are police/fire/EMT/national guard or military and are out the helping to protect us and end this unfortunate violence, thank you, and stay safe.
Did anyone see that video of the guy wearing black, carrying an umbrella and just breaking windows as he casually walked along. Very creepy and weird
Yeah, rumors abound he’s a local cop but no proof of that.
Yeah, SPPD shot it down pretty quick. Could be one of these white supremacists, or just a dude that likes to cause chaos. Regardless, pretty odd to just walk up, smash windows, then leave and refuse to actually stand with the peaceful protestors.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 12:54 pm
by Grovetown Scotty
Cowgirl wrote:
Sat May 30 12:46 pm
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sat May 30 12:36 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Sat May 30 12:32 pm
Zwak wrote:
Sat May 30 11:51 am
Cowgirl wrote:
Sat May 30 11:30 am
george wrote:
Sat May 30 10:31 am
I saw Mayor Frye on TV say the instigators are outsiders, not locals. Has anyone seen any evidence that that's true? I haven't even heard of arrests.
In the middle of the night conference they suggested there is reason to believe that white supremacist and drug cartel groups have been coordinating around the country to instigate and aggravate these destructive riots. And yes, I heard a couple times on the news they have heard of people coming from out of state to participate.

Yeah, who could have ever imagine we’d wish all we had to worry about was covid.

If any of you or someone you know are police/fire/EMT/national guard or military and are out the helping to protect us and end this unfortunate violence, thank you, and stay safe.
Did anyone see that video of the guy wearing black, carrying an umbrella and just breaking windows as he casually walked along. Very creepy and weird

Yeah, rumors abound he’s a local cop but no proof of that.
Why bring it up if it's a rumor?
Just repeating what I’ve seen on the public news and police social media.

Please stop trying to instigate. Let us have a rational discussion. Thanks.
I'm not trying to instigate. I'm trying to stand up for law enforcement. You are the one posting rumors from the Twittersphere.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 12:59 pm
by Handyman
And you are also doubting the numbers law enforcement backed up about who was arrested.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 1:19 pm
by Grovetown Scotty
Handyman wrote:
Sat May 30 12:59 pm
And you are also doubting the numbers law enforcement backed up about who was arrested.
OK. I will look up the numbers to verify all 75 people who were arrested Friday night were from out of state.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 1:33 pm
by Kelly Red
george wrote:
Sat May 30 10:31 am
I saw Mayor Frye on TV say the instigators are outsiders, not locals. Has anyone seen any evidence that that's true? I haven't even heard of arrests.
I’m not sure I believe this. It sounds more like an excuse for a dismal failure to act. And I voted for the guy so it’s not my politics talking.
I also watched news video that clearly showed the break in and looting of the Post Office. 11 had a crew directly above the PO. That started as 4 bored looking late teen/20s yr olds. Both guys and gals, mixed in race. Several wearing shorts and carrying a skateboard. They broke the window, stood around for awhile contemplating entering and hesitantly did. You then see them emerge with packages and just casually stroll away. Others enter, exit with more packages and eventually you see flames.
The video of the looted mini mart shows cars with MN plates pulled up loading their trunks with chips and pop. That’s not outsiders. That’s locals.
Yes, there are probably outsiders who are bent on continuing this, but the vast majority of casual destruction looked like Minneapolis folk.
Shame on all of them!

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 1:40 pm
by Grovetown Scotty
So far all I can find are local news reporting what both the St. Paul and Minneapolis mayors have reported that most of the arrests are from out of state. Both St. Paul and Minneapolis Police Twitter sites say nothing about arrests. SPPD is flat out saying the mystery man being a SPPD officer is a fabrication. Maybe someone has a link with official arrests?

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 1:41 pm
by NYC Gopher fan
The Hennepin co arrest data showed plenty of people from areas outside city not just state- Jordan, thief river falls, etc. and people from Arkansas, Michigan, and others

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 1:43 pm
by Grovetown Scotty
NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Sat May 30 1:41 pm
The Hennepin co arrest data showed plenty of people from areas outside city not just state- Jordan, thief river falls, etc. and people from Arkansas, Michigan, and others
Awesome, could you share the link?

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 1:44 pm
by NYC Gopher fan
I’ll try to find it- saw it a few hours ago on an account but I’ve had too many links open today.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 1:48 pm
by The Rube
Wed and Thu were locals starting the crap. Last night was much different.

Note: there are the protesters, and then there are the rioters. Huge difference.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 2:03 pm
by Grovetown Scotty
The Rube wrote:
Sat May 30 1:48 pm
Wed and Thu were locals starting the crap. Last night was much different.

Note: there are the protesters, and then there are the rioters. Huge difference.
That makes sense because outside agitators would need time to get here. You are absolutely right about the protesters and rioters. I just don't like being spoon fed a narrative from politicians and the local news for that matter. I would like to see if it was all, most, some, or a few outsiders. Sad that the local media can't do that. I checked 3 TV outlets and both papers. All had the same narrative with no actual arrest numbers.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 2:30 pm
by Cowgirl
MPD just asked that question (in vs. out of state) on press conference and said they are working to put that information together, he mentioned a lot of people give false information.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 2:38 pm
by Greyeagle
The Rube wrote:
Sat May 30 1:48 pm
Wed and Thu were locals starting the crap. Last night was much different.

Note: there are the protesters, and then there are the rioters. Huge difference.
Saw many out of state plates ripping around my neighborhood on Thursday. At least on the cars that had not had its plates removed.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 3:34 pm
by Grovetown Scotty
KMSP reporting official Minneapolis arrests Friday. 45 arrested. 6 from out of state.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 3:37 pm
by The Rube
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sat May 30 3:34 pm
KMSP reporting official Minneapolis arrests Friday. 45 arrested. 6 from out of state.
That is in Hennepin County. St Paul is Ramsey, where the 100% outsiders statement applies. Came across a Twitter war about this saying the St Paul mayor lied, and then used Hennepin County stats.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 3:48 pm
by Grovetown Scotty
The Rube wrote:
Sat May 30 3:37 pm
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Sat May 30 3:34 pm
KMSP reporting official Minneapolis arrests Friday. 45 arrested. 6 from out of state.
That is in Hennepin County. St Paul is Ramsey, where the 100% outsiders statement applies. Came across a Twitter war about this saying the St Paul mayor lied, and then used Hennepin County stats.
KMSP reporting similar numbers in St. Paul. 18 arrests. 6 from out of state. 5 from neighboring states.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 3:59 pm
by team22tank

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 4:13 pm
by Laxref
So they just straight up lied?

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 4:14 pm
by team22tank

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 5:18 pm
by Cowgirl
Local or not, these people must be stopped, and held accountable for their lawlessness in a time of great hurt and grieving for so many people. I’m sure the cities public figures and media are so quick to try and get information out they aren’t fact checking before doing so (I’m not condoning that) but the effort to keep us informed on the front lines in real time is appreciated.

I’m a little nervous to see what nightfall brings. I hope we are better prepared tonight here, and around the country.

Stay safe everyone.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 5:49 pm
by The Rube
Highways into the metro will be closed tonight.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 5:53 pm
by Laxref
35W, 35E, 55, 94, 394 all shutting down at 7pm, setting up a perimeter it looks like.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 6:00 pm
by Bonin21
This image is a lot more helpful...

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 6:26 pm
by george
Laxref wrote:
Sat May 30 4:13 pm
So they just straight up lied?
A politician lie?!?! Unpossible!

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 6:47 pm
by gopherfun83
There are a few good free police scanner apps you can download online or at app or play store. You can hear everything that's happening in real time. It's most definately a heavy dose of reality. In all my years listening to police scanners I have never heard anything like the past few days. I can't wait until I can be sitting at a Gopher hockey game again and hear, "who's ready for Golden Gopher's hockey."

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 6:57 pm
by The Rube
gopherfun83 wrote:
Sat May 30 6:47 pm
There are a few good free police scanner apps you can download online or at app or play store. You can hear everything that's happening in real time. It's most definately a heavy dose of reality. In all my years listening to police scanners I have never heard anything like the past few days. I can't wait until I can be sitting at a Gopher hockey game again and hear, "who's ready for Golden Gopher's hockey."
I listen to scanners once in a while, various places, out of curiosity. They can get crazy at times. NYC on a summer weekend, for example.... :wink:

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 6:58 pm
by Bonin21
I don't feel like downloading an app but if anyone has a link for a MPLS scanner I'd be interested.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 7:17 pm
by gopherfun83
Bonin21 wrote:
Sat May 30 6:58 pm
I don't feel like downloading an app but if anyone has a link for a MPLS scanner I'd be interested.
Saint Paul Police, Fire, and Public Works Dispatch Live Audio Feed
https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/13544

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 7:18 pm
by Bonin21
gopherfun83 wrote:
Sat May 30 7:17 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Sat May 30 6:58 pm
I don't feel like downloading an app but if anyone has a link for a MPLS scanner I'd be interested.
Saint Paul Police, Fire, and Public Works Dispatch Live Audio Feed
https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/13544
I saw that one. I'm looking for MPLS.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 7:25 pm
by gopherfun83
Sorry it looks like broadcastify doesn't have Mpls scanning online tonight like last night.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 8:12 pm
by Zwak
@JetTipNet is a neat Twitter feed I just found. It’s tweeting about all of the different aircraft in the air and landing to aid in riot control.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 8:51 pm
by gopherfun83
CrimeWatchMpls (@CrimeWatchMpls) / Twitter
https://mobile.twitter.com/CrimeWatchMp ... r%5Eauthor

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 9:26 pm
by Snowcool08
Other reporters killing it tonight. Mike Max. He's not used to being out on the ground, but he's getting great interviews and providing great footage.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 9:32 pm
by Bigbeer
Snowcool08 wrote:
Sat May 30 9:26 pm
Other reporters killing it tonight. Mike Max. He's not used to being out on the ground, but he's getting great interviews and providing great footage.
Max is killing it, Ch4 by far the best coverage

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 9:35 pm
by Karlsson
WCCO photographer arrested at Franklin and Nicollet, I believe. State patrol.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 9:50 pm
by team22tank
The people on the streets look like goof ball hipsters.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 10:11 pm
by team22tank
This stance needed to be taken 48 hours ago.

Frey is a failure and I can’t imagine him surviving this.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Posted: Sat May 30 10:55 pm
by D2D
team22tank wrote:
Sat May 30 10:11 pm
This stance needed to be taken 48 hours ago.

Frey is a failure and I can’t imagine him surviving this.
Frey who? :oops: