Local Broadcasting/Media

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.
User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9689
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 403 times
Been liked: 151 times
Age: 48

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Steve MN » Wed Feb 24 10:12 am

Not sure who for PBP, but a rotating slate of Johann, Justin and TK in the other spot sounds perfect to me.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 32757
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 311 times
Contact:

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by The Rube » Wed Feb 24 9:16 pm

Blyleven is the equivalent to Wooger in the box. He's a rambler, talking to you like you're hanging out with him in your living room. I like the style.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29561
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 244 times
Age: 33

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Beauner » Thu Feb 25 11:24 am

The Rube wrote:
Wed Feb 24 9:16 pm
Blyleven is the equivalent to Wooger in the box. He's a rambler, talking to you like you're hanging out with him in your living room. I like the style.
Except Woog was hilarious, self deprecating, and appreciated the way the game had evolved. Blylevyn was full of himself and refused to say anything positive about the way the game is played and was all "back in my day" about it.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8534
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 410 times
Been liked: 555 times
Age: 33

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Cowgirl » Thu Feb 25 11:43 am

Beauner wrote:
Thu Feb 25 11:24 am
The Rube wrote:
Wed Feb 24 9:16 pm
Blyleven is the equivalent to Wooger in the box. He's a rambler, talking to you like you're hanging out with him in your living room. I like the style.
Except Woog was hilarious, self deprecating, and appreciated the way the game had evolved. Blylevyn was full of himself and refused to say anything positive about the way the game is played and was all "back in my day" about it.
Oh but he just loves the sound of a bat when it snaps!

(And reminding Bremer of that. Every time.) :lol:

User avatar
Zwak
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10848
Joined: Mon Nov 13 6:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 181 times
Age: 54

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Zwak » Thu Feb 25 1:06 pm

Beauner wrote:
Thu Feb 25 11:24 am
The Rube wrote:
Wed Feb 24 9:16 pm
Blyleven is the equivalent to Wooger in the box. He's a rambler, talking to you like you're hanging out with him in your living room. I like the style.
Except Woog was hilarious, self deprecating, and appreciated the way the game had evolved. Blylevyn was full of himself and refused to say anything positive about the way the game is played and was all "back in my day" about it.
I know this doesn't count as "local" media but I think the all time worst for "back in my day" was Billy Packer on CBS college basketball. . He would constantly compare current players to players from the 60's and 70's. Drove me nuts.

I don't mind any of the Twins color commentators. I just don't like Dick Bremer.
GPL's official source of trivia.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29561
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 244 times
Age: 33

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Beauner » Thu Feb 25 1:36 pm

I love the PST Selection Show 🤣🤣
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15710
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Feb 27 8:40 am

How have the Twitter posters not mentioned this one yet?
Loserville, USA
109 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Zwak
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10848
Joined: Mon Nov 13 6:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 181 times
Age: 54

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Zwak » Mon Mar 01 8:24 am

Sad news in local media from over the weekend.

1. Irv Cross passed away. Irv used to host the NFL Today with Brent Musburger, Phyllis George and Jimmy the Greek back when I was a kid. More recently he was the AD at Macalester and did some TV work with Channel 9.

2. I'm seeing on Twitter this morning that Dan Culhane passed away. Back in the day (mid to late 80's?) Dan was co-host with Tom Barnard on the Tom & Dan Show on KQRS. Back then the show was must listen radio.

I guarantee you if you have not heard of Dan Culhane you have heard his voice. Very common in local voiceovers.

RIP to them both.
Last edited by Zwak on Mon Mar 01 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
GPL's official source of trivia.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7344
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 321 times
Been liked: 421 times
Age: 54

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by frozen4champs » Mon Mar 01 9:18 am

Story about FSN

User avatar
Zwak
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10848
Joined: Mon Nov 13 6:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 181 times
Age: 54

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Zwak » Mon Mar 01 9:34 am

frozen4champs wrote:
Mon Mar 01 9:18 am
Story about FSN
I'm really enjoying the Daily Delivery Podcast that Michael Rand from StarTribune does every weekday. It's a 1/2 hour, informative, and Rand is a fun guy that that doesn't take himself too seriously.
GPL's official source of trivia.

User avatar
SkiUMahLaw
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2088
Joined: Sun Feb 13 11:14 am
Location: New Prague
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 50 times
Age: 42
Contact:

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by SkiUMahLaw » Mon Mar 01 12:58 pm

Zwak wrote:
Mon Mar 01 8:24 am
Sad news in local media from over the weekend.

1. Irv Cross passed away. Irv used to host the NFL Today with Brent Musburger, Phyllis George and Jimmy the Greek back when I was a kid. More recently he was the AD at Macalester and did some TV work with Channel 9.

2. I'm seeing on Twitter this morning that Dan Culhane passed away. Back in the day (mid to late 80's?) Dan was co-host with Tom Barnard on the Tom & Dan Show on KQRS. Back then the show was must listen radio.

I guarantee you if you have not heard of Dan Culhane you have heard his voice. Very common in local voiceovers.

RIP to them both.
Sat across the aisle from Irv on an airplane ride once upon a time. Really good, down to earth guy. Smart, humble, honest, and cordial. It was a nice conversation.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7344
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 321 times
Been liked: 421 times
Age: 54

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by frozen4champs » Mon Mar 01 9:08 pm

FSN adds Gigi Marvin to broadcast crew.

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7344
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 321 times
Been liked: 421 times
Age: 54

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by frozen4champs » Wed Mar 03 6:58 pm

Wonder how this will affect the FSN staff.

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10392
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 187 times
Age: 45

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by davescharf » Wed Mar 03 8:02 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Mar 03 6:58 pm
Wonder how this will affect the FSN staff.
Funny - I wonder why people who are basically stuck at home during a pandemic aren’t watching more of your TV channels? Do you think it has something to do with the fact you’ve limited the number of eyeballs who can see your programming?

There are a lot of people running that place with a combined IQ less than my 10 year old
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
D2D
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3231
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 428 times
Been liked: 153 times

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by D2D » Wed Mar 03 8:45 pm

Would love to see their response to your observations.
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

User avatar
ex_goldy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Mar 08 10:29 am
Location: Sitting out 2017 season
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 12 times

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by ex_goldy » Wed Mar 03 11:28 pm

Does this mean Gigi Marvin is out ?

I have to say a business plan that only allows wired home cable users to see your programming is a very limited business plan. I’m no MBA, but it just doesn’t seem like the subscriptions will cover the cost of programming. And to expect people to all pay for the service, I think your expectations are off. Especially in an economic downturn.
I hope the wild figure out a way to have fans see their product, it’s got to be at an all time low.

Oh well, only one gopher hockey series left on FSN until big ten takes over for the playoffs.

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 15271
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 508 times
Age: 48
Contact:

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Jupiter » Wed Mar 03 11:57 pm

ex_goldy wrote:
Wed Mar 03 11:28 pm
Does this mean Gigi Marvin is out ?

I have to say a business plan that only allows wired home cable users to see your programming is a very limited business plan. I’m no MBA, but it just doesn’t seem like the subscriptions will cover the cost of programming. And to expect people to all pay for the service, I think your expectations are off. Especially in an economic downturn.
I hope the wild figure out a way to have fans see their product, it’s got to be at an all time low.

Oh well, only one gopher hockey series left on FSN until big ten takes over for the playoffs.
I am hoping it means that Clymer is out...

Lou Nanne in for Clymer on Friday.... Interesting.

Maize
Veteran
Posts: 2867
Joined: Tue Sep 20 10:15 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Maize » Thu Mar 04 10:31 am

davescharf wrote:
Wed Mar 03 8:02 pm
Funny - I wonder why people who are basically stuck at home during a pandemic aren’t watching more of your TV channels? Do you think it has something to do with the fact you’ve limited the number of eyeballs who can see your programming?

There are a lot of people running that place with a combined IQ less than my 10 year old
While I may personally agree with you in regards to that specific company, it's only fair to point out that nobody has done well in broadcast TV over the course of the pandemic.

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9689
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 403 times
Been liked: 151 times
Age: 48

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Steve MN » Thu Mar 04 12:00 pm

Maize wrote:
Thu Mar 04 10:31 am
davescharf wrote:
Wed Mar 03 8:02 pm
Funny - I wonder why people who are basically stuck at home during a pandemic aren’t watching more of your TV channels? Do you think it has something to do with the fact you’ve limited the number of eyeballs who can see your programming?

There are a lot of people running that place with a combined IQ less than my 10 year old
While I may personally agree with you in regards to that specific company, it's only fair to point out that nobody has done well in broadcast TV over the course of the pandemic.
While many broadcast entities are having a problem, Sinclair seems to be going out of their way to make it more painful for their desired customer base to actually get their product.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29561
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 244 times
Age: 33

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Beauner » Thu Mar 04 12:06 pm

davescharf wrote:
Wed Mar 03 8:02 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Wed Mar 03 6:58 pm
Wonder how this will affect the FSN staff.
Funny - I wonder why people who are basically stuck at home during a pandemic aren’t watching more of your TV channels? Do you think it has something to do with the fact you’ve limited the number of eyeballs who can see your programming?

There are a lot of people running that place with a combined IQ less than my 10 year old
I'm guessing a large portion of Sinclair's issue is that they just paid a ton of money for the RSNs which then basically spent the first year of their contract under Sinclair with no live sports to broadcast and therefore created no revenue (there are only so many times you can watch reruns of WPT and random old sports games).
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Zwak
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10848
Joined: Mon Nov 13 6:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 181 times
Age: 54

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Zwak » Tue Mar 09 1:20 pm

Interesting take by Jess Myers on the FSN availability issue.

https://www.therinklive.com/big-10/um-g ... t0.twitter

Yes, it is a choice but the unfortunate reality is there not a lot of options to choose from. And if you choose one particular option there's no guarantee that option will continue to carry them.
GPL's official source of trivia.

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 8053
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 96 times

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Bigbeer » Tue Mar 09 1:47 pm

Zwak wrote:
Tue Mar 09 1:20 pm
Interesting take by Jess Myers on the FSN availability issue.

https://www.therinklive.com/big-10/um-g ... t0.twitter

Yes, it is a choice but the unfortunate reality is there not a lot of options to choose from. And if you choose one particular option there's no guarantee that option will continue to carry them.
This article is a load of $h!t and sides with corporate entities who care about no one but their stockholders. The restaurant analogy is totally ridiculous and that reporter sucks for taking that angle. If I want a burrito I go to a burrito place and if I want a burger I got to a burger place. I don’t have to do research, pay fees, order equipment, set up auto payment, etc each time I want to have a different food choice. It would only be “my choice” which provider I use if they all carried the same or mostly the same channels and besides that, most of these providers did have FSN when we switched to them. This is all on Sinclair who only care about their bottom line and won’t own up to their poor business decisions. The teams need to start putting pressure on Sinclair so that they are getting the eyeballs on their product that they deserve. Sinclair deserves all the criticism they are getting and more.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9689
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 403 times
Been liked: 151 times
Age: 48

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Steve MN » Tue Mar 09 1:53 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Tue Mar 09 1:47 pm
Zwak wrote:
Tue Mar 09 1:20 pm
Interesting take by Jess Myers on the FSN availability issue.

https://www.therinklive.com/big-10/um-g ... t0.twitter

Yes, it is a choice but the unfortunate reality is there not a lot of options to choose from. And if you choose one particular option there's no guarantee that option will continue to carry them.
This article is a load of $h!t and sides with corporate entities who care about no one but their stockholders. The restaurant analogy is totally ridiculous and that reporter sucks for taking that angle. If I want a burrito I go to a burrito place and if I want a burger I got to a burger place. I don’t have to do research, pay fees, order equipment, set up auto payment, etc each time I want to have a different food choice. It would only be “my choice” which provider I use if they all carried the same or mostly the same channels and besides that, most of these providers did have FSN when we switched to them. This is all on Sinclair who only care about their bottom line and won’t own up to their poor business decisions. The teams need to start putting pressure on Sinclair so that they are getting the eyeballs on their product that they deserve. Sinclair deserves all the criticism they are getting and more.
Going to have to disagree. There are several options that carry FSN. If you really want FSN, change to one of those.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15710
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Bonin21 » Tue Mar 09 1:57 pm

You do not need any equipment for Comcast TV anymore. I do it exclusively though the Roku App. And I went back to Comcast from YTTV for Gopher hockey but ended up saving money doing so.
Loserville, USA
109 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9689
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 403 times
Been liked: 151 times
Age: 48

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Steve MN » Tue Mar 09 2:05 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Mar 09 1:57 pm
You do not need any equipment for Comcast TV anymore. I do it exclusively though the Roku App. And I went back to Comcast from YTTV for Gopher hockey but ended up saving money doing so.
The Xfinity Roku app has an annoying degree of delay, but it works great otherwise.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15710
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Bonin21 » Tue Mar 09 2:07 pm

Steve MN wrote:
Tue Mar 09 2:05 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Mar 09 1:57 pm
You do not need any equipment for Comcast TV anymore. I do it exclusively though the Roku App. And I went back to Comcast from YTTV for Gopher hockey but ended up saving money doing so.
The Xfinity Roku app has an annoying degree of delay, but it works great otherwise.
The app is a mess, but an app with no rental equipment nonetheless
Loserville, USA
109 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8140
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 89 times
Age: 44
Contact:

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by JWG » Tue Mar 09 3:11 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Mar 09 2:07 pm
Steve MN wrote:
Tue Mar 09 2:05 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Mar 09 1:57 pm
You do not need any equipment for Comcast TV anymore. I do it exclusively though the Roku App. And I went back to Comcast from YTTV for Gopher hockey but ended up saving money doing so.
The Xfinity Roku app has an annoying degree of delay, but it works great otherwise.
The app is a mess, but an app with no rental equipment nonetheless
If it means you don't have to have 42 individual channel apps on Roku for each network you already subscribe to via a provider but still want to stream that's a win. We still have DirecTV but I have all sorts of individual apps on Roku so I can stream when needed.
JWG :M:

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9689
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 403 times
Been liked: 151 times
Age: 48

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Steve MN » Tue Mar 09 3:32 pm

JWG wrote:
Tue Mar 09 3:11 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Mar 09 2:07 pm
Steve MN wrote:
Tue Mar 09 2:05 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Mar 09 1:57 pm
You do not need any equipment for Comcast TV anymore. I do it exclusively though the Roku App. And I went back to Comcast from YTTV for Gopher hockey but ended up saving money doing so.
The Xfinity Roku app has an annoying degree of delay, but it works great otherwise.
The app is a mess, but an app with no rental equipment nonetheless
If it means you don't have to have 42 individual channel apps on Roku for each network you already subscribe to via a provider but still want to stream that's a win. We still have DirecTV but I have all sorts of individual apps on Roku so I can stream when needed.
The Xfinity Roku app basically pulls up the "Guide" like you would on a cable/satellite box. Doesn't have the DVR type functionality (even just pause for the show you've got up at the time) but works very well otherwise. I've got just my main box in my entertainment room, and use the Roku app for my office and bedroom TVs
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8140
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 89 times
Age: 44
Contact:

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by JWG » Tue Mar 09 3:51 pm

Steve MN wrote:
Tue Mar 09 3:32 pm
The Xfinity Roku app basically pulls up the "Guide" like you would on a cable/satellite box. Doesn't have the DVR type functionality (even just pause for the show you've got up at the time) but works very well otherwise. I've got just my main box in my entertainment room, and use the Roku app for my office and bedroom TVs
Slick. We use Roku in our BR as well, but it's by APP (CNN, History Channel, Fox Sports Go, etc., etc., etc.).
It'd be nice to not have to do that. Score one for Xfinity.
JWG :M:

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7344
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 321 times
Been liked: 421 times
Age: 54

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by frozen4champs » Tue Mar 09 4:06 pm

ESPN gets part of the NHL US package.

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8140
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 89 times
Age: 44
Contact:

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by JWG » Tue Mar 09 4:29 pm

What's old is new again.
JWG :M:

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9689
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 403 times
Been liked: 151 times
Age: 48

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Steve MN » Tue Mar 09 4:58 pm

JWG wrote:
Tue Mar 09 3:51 pm
Steve MN wrote:
Tue Mar 09 3:32 pm
The Xfinity Roku app basically pulls up the "Guide" like you would on a cable/satellite box. Doesn't have the DVR type functionality (even just pause for the show you've got up at the time) but works very well otherwise. I've got just my main box in my entertainment room, and use the Roku app for my office and bedroom TVs
Slick. We use Roku in our BR as well, but it's by APP (CNN, History Channel, Fox Sports Go, etc., etc., etc.).
It'd be nice to not have to do that. Score one for Xfinity.
Don't know how well (if at all) the Xfinity Roku app does on-demand for movies or anything. And I'm thinking that I'd need the Fox Sports Go app for out of market games, but for the stuff that I could just pull up on my general service through a cable box, I can get it through the app, just with a bit of a delay (seems about 45 seconds up to two minutes or so for the hockey games so far)
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8140
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 89 times
Age: 44
Contact:

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by JWG » Tue Mar 09 5:53 pm

Steve MN wrote:
Tue Mar 09 4:58 pm
JWG wrote:
Tue Mar 09 3:51 pm
Steve MN wrote:
Tue Mar 09 3:32 pm
The Xfinity Roku app basically pulls up the "Guide" like you would on a cable/satellite box. Doesn't have the DVR type functionality (even just pause for the show you've got up at the time) but works very well otherwise. I've got just my main box in my entertainment room, and use the Roku app for my office and bedroom TVs
Slick. We use Roku in our BR as well, but it's by APP (CNN, History Channel, Fox Sports Go, etc., etc., etc.).
It'd be nice to not have to do that. Score one for Xfinity.
Don't know how well (if at all) the Xfinity Roku app does on-demand for movies or anything. And I'm thinking that I'd need the Fox Sports Go app for out of market games, but for the stuff that I could just pull up on my general service through a cable box, I can get it through the app, just with a bit of a delay (seems about 45 seconds up to two minutes or so for the hockey games so far)
That seems to be true across apps. We'll sometimes stream a game on whatever app for the network (ESPN, Fox Go, etc.) and then watch a movie or other on our main TV and the app is always behind actual television. We have more than one TV in our basement, so we're streaming from Roku on one and that same lag is there.
JWG :M:

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9689
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 403 times
Been liked: 151 times
Age: 48

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Steve MN » Tue Mar 09 5:55 pm

The only reason I really notice it is because I listen to Frank/Wally, and there's no way to sync that up with the video being so far behind. It is good for instant replay... Wally gets excited about something that just happened (especially a goal or something) and I can turn and focus on the TV to watch the build-up.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
Zwak
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10848
Joined: Mon Nov 13 6:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 181 times
Age: 54

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Zwak » Wed Mar 10 10:58 am

Dana Wessel (formerly of GO 96.3) joins the 93X morning show as executive producer.

https://www.startribune.com/dana-wessel ... 600032484/

Dana is a friend of mine and a really good guy. Glad to see him land locally.
GPL's official source of trivia.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29561
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 244 times
Age: 33

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Beauner » Wed Mar 10 11:38 am

Zwak wrote:
Wed Mar 10 10:58 am
Dana Wessel (formerly of GO 96.3) joins the 93X morning show as executive producer.

https://www.startribune.com/dana-wessel ... 600032484/

Dana is a friend of mine and a really good guy. Glad to see him land locally.
Went to HS with him (he graduated a couple years ahead of me). His dad was one of my baseball coaches. Both very good people. Glad to see he's staying here.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 5207
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 32 times
Contact:

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by gopher6 » Fri Mar 12 7:54 am

March 31 FSN becomes Bally Sports North

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 15271
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 508 times
Age: 48
Contact:

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Jupiter » Fri Mar 12 8:06 am

gopher6 wrote:
Fri Mar 12 7:54 am
March 31 FSN becomes Bally Sports North
🤢🤢🤢

User avatar
Laxref
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1250
Joined: Fri Mar 20 10:24 am
Location: Prior lake
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 39 times
Age: 35

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Laxref » Fri Mar 12 10:18 am

Jupiter wrote:
Fri Mar 12 8:06 am
gopher6 wrote:
Fri Mar 12 7:54 am
March 31 FSN becomes Bally Sports North
🤢🤢🤢
What you have against Bally’s?

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 15271
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 508 times
Age: 48
Contact:

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Jupiter » Fri Mar 12 10:28 am

Laxref wrote:
Fri Mar 12 10:18 am
Jupiter wrote:
Fri Mar 12 8:06 am
gopher6 wrote:
Fri Mar 12 7:54 am
March 31 FSN becomes Bally Sports North
🤢🤢🤢
What you have against Bally’s?
All the shoving of gambling down our throats that will be coming our way...

AND...

Their main color is RED.

:BDTR:

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4818
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 187 times
Been liked: 124 times

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Chris83 » Fri Mar 12 10:57 am

Jupiter wrote:
Fri Mar 12 10:28 am
Laxref wrote:
Fri Mar 12 10:18 am
Jupiter wrote:
Fri Mar 12 8:06 am
gopher6 wrote:
Fri Mar 12 7:54 am
March 31 FSN becomes Bally Sports North
🤢🤢🤢
What you have against Bally’s?
All the shoving of gambling down our throats that will be coming our way...

AND...

Their main color is RED.

:BDTR:
Agreed. Regardless, I won't have access to it, so they can call it whatever they want.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
Laxref
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1250
Joined: Fri Mar 20 10:24 am
Location: Prior lake
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 39 times
Age: 35

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Laxref » Fri Mar 12 10:57 am

Jupiter wrote:
Fri Mar 12 10:28 am
Laxref wrote:
Fri Mar 12 10:18 am
Jupiter wrote:
Fri Mar 12 8:06 am
gopher6 wrote:
Fri Mar 12 7:54 am
March 31 FSN becomes Bally Sports North
🤢🤢🤢
What you have against Bally’s?
All the shoving of gambling down our throats that will be coming our way...

AND...

Their main color is RED.

:BDTR:
I didn’t know it was Wisconsin based, you really think they will shove the gambling down our throats? Even when you can’t even do of legally here?

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 15271
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 508 times
Age: 48
Contact:

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Jupiter » Fri Mar 12 11:01 am

Laxref wrote:
Fri Mar 12 10:57 am
I didn’t know it was Wisconsin based, you really think they will shove the gambling down our throats? Even when you can’t even do of legally here?
It is not Wisconsin based.... But I still am not a big fan of RED.


https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-li ... orts-north
"The goal, sources said, is for viewers to eventually be able to bet on games using a Bally’s online gaming tool directly from their TVs."

Yeah... No thanks.

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 3717
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 197 times

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Karlsson » Fri Mar 12 11:23 am

Interesting (to me) tidbit: Bally's Las Vegas isn't one of their properties. It is owned and operated by Caesars.

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3755
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 152 times

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Norm » Fri Mar 12 11:53 am

Any chance Bally's will negotiate with carriers that FSN used to be on?

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 15271
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 508 times
Age: 48
Contact:

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Jupiter » Fri Mar 12 11:56 am

Norm wrote:
Fri Mar 12 11:53 am
Any chance Bally's will negotiate with carriers that FSN used to be on?
Ballys has nothing to do with that... The stations are still owned by Sinclair. Sinclair is just selling the naming rights to these stations and doing whatever they can to make back their investment in the regional networks.

User avatar
ex_goldy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Mar 08 10:29 am
Location: Sitting out 2017 season
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 12 times

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by ex_goldy » Sat Mar 13 1:28 pm

So the wired providers can stream like Comcast. Sucks that you pay per service now. another way for them to make maximum $. Hope it fails 100% for the Wild and Twins to be stuck with Sinclair. Limiting viewers instead of having it easy to access.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29561
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 244 times
Age: 33

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Beauner » Sat Mar 13 5:41 pm

It's not like the Twins and Wild chose for Fox Regionals to be sold to Sinclair
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7344
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 321 times
Been liked: 421 times
Age: 54

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by frozen4champs » Mon Mar 15 11:52 am

For those who don't subscribe to the Athletic, they are having a special offer. $1 a month. Well worth all the content that is available.

User avatar
Laxref
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1250
Joined: Fri Mar 20 10:24 am
Location: Prior lake
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 39 times
Age: 35

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Laxref » Mon Mar 15 12:47 pm

Is Eric Nelson still with WCCO?

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7344
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 321 times
Been liked: 421 times
Age: 54

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by frozen4champs » Sat Mar 20 8:45 am


User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8140
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 89 times
Age: 44
Contact:

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by JWG » Sat Mar 20 7:20 pm

Our best hope with Sinclair is that Bally’s wanted the exposure for sports betting, so if they can influence Sinclair to settle with some carriers to provide more access and exposure to Bally’s then MAYBE Bally’s has some influence. I think Bally’s really wants you to be able to place sport bets via Sinclair channels ahead of a broadcast event. Pending legal considerations of course.
JWG :M:

User avatar
Zwak
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10848
Joined: Mon Nov 13 6:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 181 times
Age: 54

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Zwak » Sun Mar 21 10:58 am

Chip Scoggins column on the impact the FSN situation is having on teams.

https://m.startribune.com/teams-losing- ... 600036716/
GPL's official source of trivia.

User avatar
gopher6
Veteran
Posts: 5207
Joined: Wed Feb 01 7:17 am
Location: frozen pond
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 32 times
Contact:

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by gopher6 » Tue Mar 23 12:17 pm

Zwak wrote:
Sun Mar 21 10:58 am
Chip Scoggins column on the impact the FSN situation is having on teams.

https://m.startribune.com/teams-losing- ... 600036716/
How can Sinclair keep going on as a company with so many complaints with how they operate?🤬

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10392
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 187 times
Age: 45

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by davescharf » Tue Mar 23 12:46 pm

I had to leave the house for a couple errands today and spent about 15 minutes in the car each way. I tried turning on the Fan and I swear 10 minutes of my drive each way was ads

How does anyone listen to radio these days? It reminded me why I usually listen to podcasts when I’m in the car
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15710
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Bonin21 » Tue Mar 23 12:54 pm

I don't think anyone does, hence the ads for survival. Radio is dead.
Loserville, USA
109 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29561
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 244 times
Age: 33

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Beauner » Tue Mar 23 1:31 pm

I listen to radio every day and so do millions of others, judging by the ratings 🤣

KFAN's basic format is commercials from (roughly) X:15-20, then X:35-40, then X:55-00. Longer commercial breaks but then longer segments so there is actual flow to the conversations etc.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29561
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 244 times
Age: 33

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Beauner » Tue Mar 23 1:31 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Mar 23 12:54 pm
I don't think anyone does, hence the ads for survival. Radio is dead.
If radio was dead, why would companies pay to put ads on it?
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10392
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 187 times
Age: 45

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by davescharf » Tue Mar 23 1:32 pm

Beauner wrote:
Tue Mar 23 1:31 pm
I listen to radio every day and so do millions of others, judging by the ratings 🤣

KFAN's basic format is commercials from (roughly) X:15-20, then X:35-40, then X:55-00. Longer commercial breaks but then longer segments so there is actual flow to the conversations etc.
I know my sample size is small but it happens a lot. Just let me rant like the old guy I am ;)
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15710
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Bonin21 » Tue Mar 23 1:50 pm

Beauner wrote:
Tue Mar 23 1:31 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Tue Mar 23 12:54 pm
I don't think anyone does, hence the ads for survival. Radio is dead.
If radio was dead, why would companies pay to put ads on it?
Cuz it's cheap advertising.

Dead meaning traditional FM style music radio won't last. I see zero reason to listen to ads and segments on air that are also ads half the time, when you can choose any song you want any time with no ads on Spotify, and the songs are not dictated by the labels.
Loserville, USA
109 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 6145
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 81 times

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by bearpaw28 » Tue Mar 23 5:50 pm

Beauner wrote:
Tue Mar 23 1:31 pm
I listen to radio every day and so do millions of others, judging by the ratings 🤣

KFAN's basic format is commercials from (roughly) X:15-20, then X:35-40, then X:55-00. Longer commercial breaks but then longer segments so there is actual flow to the conversations etc.
I like KFAN format (bundling commercials as stated above). Besides losing all their on air talent the past decade, CCO’s format is essentially a continuous, non stop infomercial with about 15 minutes of content per hour and no content longer than 5 minutes, just stupid with no content flow of any kind. Accordingly, no one under 70 years old listens to old neighbor, except for Twins games.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29561
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 244 times
Age: 33

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Beauner » Tue Mar 23 6:33 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Tue Mar 23 5:50 pm
Beauner wrote:
Tue Mar 23 1:31 pm
I listen to radio every day and so do millions of others, judging by the ratings 🤣

KFAN's basic format is commercials from (roughly) X:15-20, then X:35-40, then X:55-00. Longer commercial breaks but then longer segments so there is actual flow to the conversations etc.
I like KFAN format (bundling commercials as stated above). Besides losing all their on air talent the past decade, CCO’s format is essentially a continuous, non stop infomercial with about 15 minutes of content per hour and no content longer than 5 minutes, just stupid with no content flow of any kind. Accordingly, no one under 70 years old listens to old neighbor, except for Twins games.
100% agreed.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 32757
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 311 times
Contact:

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by The Rube » Tue Mar 23 10:06 pm

I don't listen to much radio in the car, and it's KFAN. Thankfully, most of my listening comes during the actual content.

At work, it's The Current. Better variety for music, obviously some sponsor mentions, but not like commercial radio.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
D2D
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3231
Joined: Wed Oct 24 12:48 am
Has liked: 428 times
Been liked: 153 times

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by D2D » Tue Mar 23 11:05 pm

I listen to satellite radio almost exclusively these days. Ad-free.
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10392
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 187 times
Age: 45

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by davescharf » Wed Mar 24 5:49 am

D2D wrote:
Tue Mar 23 11:05 pm
I listen to satellite radio almost exclusively these days. Ad-free.
Yeah one of our cars has is but that's because they never turned it off when we bought the traffic package. It's fun to torture my 10 year old with the 80s on 8.
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 20238
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 910 times
Been liked: 580 times
Age: 54

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Greyeagle » Wed Mar 24 7:20 am

D2D wrote:
Tue Mar 23 11:05 pm
I listen to satellite radio almost exclusively these days. Ad-free.
Same - plus I stream it most of the day.
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
Zwak
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10848
Joined: Mon Nov 13 6:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 181 times
Age: 54

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Zwak » Wed Mar 24 8:04 am

Greyeagle wrote:
Wed Mar 24 7:20 am
D2D wrote:
Tue Mar 23 11:05 pm
I listen to satellite radio almost exclusively these days. Ad-free.
Same - plus I stream it most of the day.
Same here. I either listen to podcasts or Satellite Radio. My favorite podcasts to listen to are:

1. Benchwarmers Trivia Podcast (I've been a participant twice)
2. Quiz Quiz Bang Bang Trivia
3. Stuff You Should Know
4. Worst Seats in the House (Wild podcast with Russo and Lapanta)
GPL's official source of trivia.

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9689
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 403 times
Been liked: 151 times
Age: 48

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Steve MN » Wed Mar 24 10:02 am

davescharf wrote:
Wed Mar 24 5:49 am
D2D wrote:
Tue Mar 23 11:05 pm
I listen to satellite radio almost exclusively these days. Ad-free.
Yeah one of our cars has is but that's because they never turned it off when we bought the traffic package. It's fun to torture my 10 year old with the 80s on 8.
8, 25, 39 tend to be my go-to channels
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
Butters Stotch
Rookie
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Oct 20 8:20 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Butters Stotch » Wed Mar 24 10:50 am

Steve MN wrote:
Wed Mar 24 10:02 am
davescharf wrote:
Wed Mar 24 5:49 am
D2D wrote:
Tue Mar 23 11:05 pm
I listen to satellite radio almost exclusively these days. Ad-free.
Yeah one of our cars has is but that's because they never turned it off when we bought the traffic package. It's fun to torture my 10 year old with the 80s on 8.
8, 25, 39 tend to be my go-to channels
39 and 40, with some 38 and 37 sprinkled in, are mine.

User avatar
Zwak
Golden
Golden
Posts: 10848
Joined: Mon Nov 13 6:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 190 times
Been liked: 181 times
Age: 54

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Zwak » Wed Mar 24 10:59 am

I don’t know the channel numbers but Yacht Rock Radio and Road Trip Radio are my two favorites
GPL's official source of trivia.

User avatar
Always Lurking
Golden
Golden
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Feb 11 2:03 pm
Location: SW ChicagoLand - Schleppin' Youngins' around town
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Always Lurking » Wed Mar 24 11:14 am

What channel is The Bridge these days?

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4818
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 187 times
Been liked: 124 times

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Chris83 » Wed Mar 24 8:23 pm

Always Lurking wrote:
Wed Mar 24 11:14 am
What channel is The Bridge these days?
Channel 17
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
Chris83
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4818
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:37 am
Location: Welch, MN
Has liked: 187 times
Been liked: 124 times

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Chris83 » Wed Mar 24 8:31 pm

Sirius
7, 8, 18, 25, 26, 59
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 20238
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 910 times
Been liked: 580 times
Age: 54

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by Greyeagle » Wed Mar 24 8:59 pm

Sirius - I usually rotate between 20, 24, 28, 31, 49, 57, 74, 301, 310
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7344
Joined: Fri Feb 11 9:52 am
Location: On the farm
Has liked: 321 times
Been liked: 421 times
Age: 54

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Post by frozen4champs » Fri Mar 26 5:40 pm


Post Reply