Coronavirus discussion

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.
Bigbeer
Veteran
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 128 times

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Bigbeer » Wed Mar 25 2:26 pm

What a spectacular press conference by Gov Walz. If the White House press conferences laid out the thought process and data behind the reasoning and end goal for decisions there would be a much different climate across the country about self quarantining.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by g-manpuck » Wed Mar 25 2:31 pm

Thoughtful, well laid out, facts and numbers to back up decision making, and calm in its delivery. I look forward to reading the details of this order. It doesn't sound like it is much different from what we are doing right now, just an extension of current orders and asking to be ever vigilant or slightly more to physical distancing. I am very impressed with our state leaders during this....very impressed.
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Wed Mar 25 2:37 pm

I would think the main change is that it gives the police more leeway to enforce distancing. I’ve noticed in Wisconsin that there has been a dip in the amount of people I see out since Monday, as if the order kinda gives people a “this $h!t is serious” realization.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden

Post by g-manpuck » Wed Mar 25 2:47 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Wed Mar 25 2:37 pm
I would think the main change is that it gives the police more leeway to enforce distancing. I’ve noticed in Wisconsin that there has been a dip in the amount of people I see out since Monday, as if the order kinda gives people a “this $h!t is serious” realization.
I think that is exactly what these orders are meant to do.
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 363 times

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Mar 25 2:58 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Wed Mar 25 2:26 pm
What a spectacular press conference by Gov Walz. If the White House press conferences laid out the thought process and data behind the reasoning and end goal for decisions there would be a much different climate across the country about self quarantining.
I didn't watch today's press conference, but I did catch a couple last week and they have done a wonderful job presenting. I get the impression after taking in the information that they put a lot of thought into the decisions (from every angle) and had everyone's best interest in mind.

J22
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by J22 » Wed Mar 25 2:58 pm

Are the take-out and drive through restaurants allowed to stay open?

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 415 times

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Mar 25 3:01 pm

Now if the ND, SD, IA and WI can equally get their stuff together, MN residents should be fairly confident when it finally comes time to get things back to normal. However, I suspect the current situation will be /cycle on/cycle off/cycle on/ for quite some time.
Currently under construction.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Mar 25 3:02 pm

J22 wrote:
Wed Mar 25 2:58 pm
I am curious about this, but I am also avoiding them as I don't want to get the virus from someone contagious working on my food.

I am also curious about liquor. It'll help when the kids are hyper and I am not in the mood.

gopherhockeyfan7
Veteran
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by gopherhockeyfan7 » Wed Mar 25 3:03 pm

I would think takeout is closed, but they weren't directly addressed other than inside dining/drinking not an option until at least May.
One more cast...

NYC Gopher fan
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by NYC Gopher fan » Wed Mar 25 3:07 pm

Takeout and delivery are open for the period

gopherhockeyfan7
Veteran
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by gopherhockeyfan7 » Wed Mar 25 3:08 pm

sweet. this literally changes nothing I have been doing then.
One more cast...

gopher6
Veteran
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by gopher6 » Wed Mar 25 3:10 pm

All MN bars closed till May 1

Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 133 times

Post by Bladepuller » Wed Mar 25 3:12 pm

Except for my private, very very private, one.
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Mar 25 3:15 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Wed Mar 25 3:02 pm
J22 wrote:
I am curious about this, but I am also avoiding them as I don't want to get the virus from someone contagious working on my food.

I am also curious about liquor. It'll help when the kids are hyper and I am not in the mood.
They clearly say they don't know 100%, but... https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-food-risk.html

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Wed Mar 25 3:28 pm

Walz just clarified liquor stores will stay open

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by gopherguy13 » Wed Mar 25 3:30 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Wed Mar 25 3:28 pm
Walz just clarified liquor stores will stay open
Ease your mind, have a banana or two.

gopherguy06
Veteran
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by gopherguy06 » Wed Mar 25 3:31 pm

J22 wrote:
Yes, restaurants/bars to be closed until 5/1, but still can do takeout/deliveries

gopherguy06
Veteran

Post by gopherguy06 » Wed Mar 25 3:32 pm

Honest question, how is this that different than before? Just saying it louder so those in the back can hear?

Only thing I can see is if you aren't an essential worker, you should WFH and if you can't, you aren't working. What am I missing?
Attachments
Capture.JPG

team22tank
Veteran
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by team22tank » Wed Mar 25 3:34 pm

Golf Courses?

gopherguy06
Veteran

Post by gopherguy06 » Wed Mar 25 3:36 pm

team22tank wrote:
Wed Mar 25 3:34 pm
Golf Courses?
Probably closed, given the public entertainment and country clubs are closed.

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden

Post by g-manpuck » Wed Mar 25 3:37 pm

Here is the link to the complete order: Governor Order

So it's just a continuation of what we've been doing. Nothing more restrictive just with some legal recourse if you get caught breaking CDC gathering guidelines. Work from home if you can or practice physical distancing if you work outside your home. The list of essential businesses far outnumbers the list of non-essential. I am certain a Complete Nutrition store could argue that it is an essential business. Victoria's Secret might have a more difficult argument.
Last edited by g-manpuck on Wed Mar 25 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gopherguy06
Veteran

Post by gopherguy06 » Wed Mar 25 3:38 pm

Some more details from the state and the full order from Walz: Emergency Executive Order 20-20
Attachments
Capture.JPG

Maize
Veteran
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Maize » Wed Mar 25 3:53 pm

I agree with others that the press conference was very well done. The state's response to this has been excellent.

Two things that stuck out most to me in the press conference:

1. The governor referenced looking at cell phone data to see how effective Minnesotans had been at staying home and social distancing.

2. It's one thing to hear numbers, but hearing the governor talk about converting arenas/stadiums into makeshift hospitals puts a little different perspective on them.

HockeyBum
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by HockeyBum » Wed Mar 25 4:17 pm

g-manpuck wrote:
Wed Mar 25 2:47 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
I would think the main change is that it gives the police more leeway to enforce distancing.
I read the Executive Order. Maybe I missed it because my eyes glazed over after a while, but I don't see anything in there about police being able to enforce this (fines, jail time, etc...).

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden

Post by g-manpuck » Wed Mar 25 4:26 pm

HockeyBum wrote:
Wed Mar 25 4:17 pm
g-manpuck wrote:
Wed Mar 25 2:47 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
I would think the main change is that it gives the police more leeway to enforce distancing.
I read the Executive Order. Maybe I missed it because my eyes glazed over after a while, but I don't see anything in there about police being able to enforce this (fines, jail time, etc...).
Point 9.

I urge all Minnesotans to voluntarily comply with this Executive Order. Pursuant to
Minnesota Statutes 2019, section 12.45, a person who willfully violates this
Executive Order is guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction must be punished by
a fine not to exceed $1,000 or by imprisonment for not more than 90 days. Nothing in
this Executive Order is intended to encourage or allow law enforcement to transgress
individual constitutional rights

It's there, just worded in a Minnesota kind of way... :D

JWG
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 194 times

Post by JWG » Wed Mar 25 4:48 pm

Wow, that's MN passive aggressive right there.

I think the question is what additional things will now close (i.e. Hardware stores, home goods stores, craft stores, etc.).
I could call Home Depot essential - if my water heater breaks and I need a part...

It feels like more of the same and an extension to the original timeline. And, hopefully, if people listen and do it - we won't extend more or restrict further (assuming it works).
JWG
[This space for rent]

kmd
Veteran
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by kmd » Wed Mar 25 5:09 pm

I've heard (but haven't read/listened to the full announcement for official confirmation) that this executive order will shut down public transportation, which had previously been running reduced hours and rear-door entry only (and effectively free, to help keep drivers distanced and safe). Could be a potential complication for people working at locations like HCMC that would typically use public transit to commute.

It is feasible that the government has gotten access to anonymized location data from corporations like Facebook to get a broad understanding of how people are moving around (as they did for the Australian government during the fires to get an idea of how/where people were moving), without getting access to a particular individual's location data (which is something that has been done in China/South Korea to track individuals with the virus, and would require a warrant in the state of Minnesota).

Greyeagle
Has liked: 974 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Greyeagle » Wed Mar 25 5:20 pm

JWG wrote:
Wed Mar 25 4:48 pm
Wow, that's MN passive aggressive right there.

I think the question is what additional things will now close (i.e. Hardware stores, home goods stores, craft stores, etc.).
I could call Home Depot essential - if my water heater breaks and I need a part...

It feels like more of the same and an extension to the original timeline. And, hopefully, if people listen and do it - we won't extend more or restrict further (assuming it works).
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

kmd
Veteran

Post by kmd » Wed Mar 25 5:41 pm

Maize
Veteran

Post by Maize » Wed Mar 25 5:48 pm

Public transportation is still open, but for essential travel only, and service is suspended 11pm-4:30am.

Ultimately, the way this shutdown is enforced is through lack of opportunity to break it. You're allowed to be outside, you're allowed to go to the grocery store/bank/liquor store, etc. Where else are you going to go right now?
JWG wrote:
This was covered well in the governor's tele-conference, but essentially, the idea that we can wait this out like a rain storm and then everything will be fine is gone. It's not realistic to shut everything down for the months and months and months it would take until we can come up with a vaccine or therapeutics. We know the peak is coming and we know that right now we don't have the capacity to handle the peak. The goal of the shutdown is to push back when the peak hits so we have to time to increase our capacity to handle it. Once we reach that point, likely in early-May, you'll start to see some of these restrictions lessened.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Mar 25 6:08 pm

Maize wrote:
Wed Mar 25 5:48 pm
Public transportation is still open, but for essential travel only, and service is suspended 11pm-4:30am.

Ultimately, the way this shutdown is enforced is through lack of opportunity to break it. You're allowed to be outside, you're allowed to go to the grocery store/bank/liquor store, etc. Where else are you going to go right now?
JWG wrote:
This was covered well in the governor's tele-conference, but essentially, the idea that we can wait this out like a rain storm and then everything will be fine is gone. It's not realistic to shut everything down for the months and months and months it would take until we can come up with a vaccine or therapeutics. We know the peak is coming and we know that right now we don't have the capacity to handle the peak. The goal of the shutdown is to push back when the peak hits so we have to time to increase our capacity to handle it. Once we reach that point, likely in early-May, you'll start to see some of these restrictions lessened.
And we will likely see a (with varying degrees of severity) /restrictions on/restrictions off/restrictions on/restrictions off/... until a full on vaccine is discovered. And even with that, even "restrictions off" will come with varying degrees of rules in which we won't get back to 100% "normal".

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by D2D » Wed Mar 25 6:17 pm

"Individuals may obtain food, including delivery or carry-out services, beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)..."
Think I just heard a collective sigh of relief!
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

Don Adams Wheel of Justice
GPL Podcast Sponsor
Been liked: 48 times

Post by Don Adams Wheel of Justice » Wed Mar 25 8:24 pm

My wife is a nurse. The order to allow liquor stores open isn't to keep drinkers happy, it's to keep detoxing alcoholics out of the ER's. Yes, this is a serious concern for hospitals.

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Wed Mar 25 8:30 pm

Don Adams Wheel of Justice wrote:
Wed Mar 25 8:24 pm
My wife is a nurse. The order to allow liquor stores open isn't to keep drinkers happy, it's to keep detoxing alcoholics out of the ER's. Yes, this is a serious concern for hospitals.
I wonder how many liquor stores would get robbed if they weren’t open for two weeks.

Greyeagle
Has liked: 974 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Greyeagle » Wed Mar 25 8:36 pm

Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

Superstar
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Superstar » Wed Mar 25 8:54 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Wed Mar 25 8:30 pm
I wonder how many liquor stores would get robbed if they weren’t open for two weeks.
That was my thought. There'd be some serious looting going on (not to mention the rush and fights to clear out the stores before Friday).

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 257 times

Post by The Rube » Wed Mar 25 9:06 pm

The Shelter In Place is pretty much what has been happening already here in MN.

And my tabs are due by the end of April...dug a little into it, but I'm wondering if I'll have a chance to renew them...little info in that regard, although I heard it's a no-go.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 399 times
Been liked: 498 times

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Mar 25 9:13 pm

The Rube wrote:
Wed Mar 25 9:06 pm

And my tabs are due by the end of April...dug a little into it, but I'm wondering if I'll have a chance to renew them...little info in that regard, although I heard it's a no-go.
You can renew them online or by mail....

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed Mar 25 9:23 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Mar 25 9:13 pm
The Rube wrote:

Are those actually working, though?
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Mar 25 9:24 pm

The Rube wrote:
Wed Mar 25 9:23 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
The Rube wrote:

No clue. But I’ll let you know as I have two sets of tabs due too.

davescharf
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 95 times

Post by davescharf » Wed Mar 25 9:27 pm

The Rube wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:
The Rube wrote:

Yes - I submitted mine online last week for one of our cards and they're also due at the end of April. Whether they come by then is another story
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

MATT
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 57 times

Post by MATT » Wed Mar 25 9:28 pm

davescharf wrote:
Wed Mar 25 9:27 pm
The Rube wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:
The Rube wrote:

Yes - I submitted mine online last week for one of our cards and they're also due at the end of April. Whether they come by then is another story
How would one pay for tabs online with a check? Not asking for anyone in particular.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed Mar 25 9:30 pm

MATT wrote:
Wed Mar 25 9:28 pm
davescharf wrote:
Wed Mar 25 9:27 pm
The Rube wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:
The Rube wrote:

How would one pay for tabs online with a check? Not asking for anyone in particular.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

NYC Gopher fan
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by NYC Gopher fan » Wed Mar 25 9:39 pm

What’s funny is I’m pretty sure I pay online with a check every year. There used to be extra fees with a cc so I’d choose electronic check

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Wed Mar 25 9:42 pm

NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Wed Mar 25 9:39 pm
What’s funny is I’m pretty sure I pay online with a check every year. There used to be extra fees with a cc so I’d choose electronic check
I think you can still do it.

D2D
Veteran

Post by D2D » Wed Mar 25 9:45 pm

My check for one of our vehicles that has an April x-date was just cashed. Not expecting any issues as to whether or not I'll receive the new tabs by 4/30. Will post back here if there's any unusual delay.

kmd
Veteran

Post by kmd » Wed Mar 25 9:59 pm

Denver was going to exclude liquor stores and recreational dispensaries from being 'essential businesses' for their shelter-in-place declaration, and only reversed their decision after there was massive lines/crowding of people trying to stock up before it went into effect, so that leads me to believe that it is very much to keep drinkers happy and not as much a medical concern.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed Mar 25 10:01 pm

kmd wrote:
Wed Mar 25 9:59 pm
Denver was going to exclude liquor stores and recreational dispensaries from being 'essential businesses' for their shelter-in-place declaration, and only reversed their decision after there was massive lines/crowding of people trying to stock up before it went into effect, so that leads me to believe that it is very much to keep drinkers happy and not as much a medical concern.
It helps keep the alkies out of the hospitals due to withdrawal symptoms, which can be fatal. Also helps limit crowds due to hoarding.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Mar 25 10:01 pm

All of this stuff is very explainable. If the state stops issuing tabs, cops won’t write a ticket. If they do write a ticket, the courts will drop the charges.

Renew online and keep the receipt. Easy peasy.

Composer
Veteran
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 70 times

Post by Composer » Wed Mar 25 10:02 pm

My company is declaring itself critical. We make semiconductor chips that are important in supply chains around the world. We also have a letter from one customer that uses our chips in making ventilators. Yeessssss!

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed Mar 25 10:04 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Wed Mar 25 10:01 pm
All of this stuff is very explainable. If the state stops issuing tabs, cops won’t write a ticket. If they do write a ticket, the courts will drop the charges.

IF the renewing online is working. I'll gladly renew online, if that's the case. :wink:

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Mar 25 10:06 pm

The Rube wrote:
Wed Mar 25 10:04 pm
Bertogliat wrote:

IF the renewing online is working. I'll gladly renew online, if that's the case. :wink:
It would take about 10 minutes to figure that out.

kmd
Veteran

Post by kmd » Wed Mar 25 10:08 pm

The Rube wrote:

It helps keep the alkies out of the hospitals due to withdrawal symptoms, which can be fatal. Also helps limit crowds due to hoarding.
If that were such a major concern, Denver would not have tried to exclude them in the first place. Additionally, alcohol still would have been available from places like grocery stores.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed Mar 25 10:08 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Wed Mar 25 10:06 pm
The Rube wrote:
Bertogliat wrote:

I'm sure you can submit...will it get processed, though? I can also mail the check in...but will it get processed?

TheRube33 on UnTappd

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed Mar 25 10:09 pm

kmd wrote:
Wed Mar 25 10:08 pm
The Rube wrote:

If that were such a major concern, Denver would not have tried to exclude them in the first place. Additionally, alcohol still would have been available from places like grocery stores.
You are aware of MN laws, right? :lol:

TheRube33 on UnTappd

JWG
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 194 times

Post by JWG » Wed Mar 25 10:10 pm

The Rube wrote:
Wed Mar 25 10:09 pm
kmd wrote:
The Rube wrote:

You are aware of MN laws, right? :lol:
Well, you used to be able to get near beer here in the grocery stores... Good old 3.2%.
JWG
[This space for rent]

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed Mar 25 10:11 pm

You can, but....that won't satisfy a true alkie's addiction. Not exaggerating.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Wed Mar 25 10:19 pm

Composer wrote:
Wed Mar 25 10:02 pm
My company is declaring itself critical. We make semiconductor chips that are important in supply chains around the world. We also have a letter from one customer that uses our chips in making ventilators. Yeessssss!
My company is in swimming pools. We are designated as water treatment so we are essential. Yeah it’s the wrong type of water treatment, but we have tons of chemicals if they’re ever needed.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Mar 25 10:26 pm

I think the fact alcohol stores are allowed to stay open just shows what’s important to Americans. Weed stores too. 😬

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Wed Mar 25 10:36 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Mar 25 10:26 pm
I think the fact alcohol stores are allowed to stay open just shows what’s important to Americans. Weed stores too. 😬
I'd need even more alcohol than I have (and I'm well stocked) if the childcare centers were closed. Trying to get anything done, work or personal, with an almost 2 year old would have driven me to drink nightly.

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Been liked: 147 times

Post by MNGophers29 » Wed Mar 25 10:41 pm

davescharf wrote:
Wed Mar 25 10:36 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
I'd need even more alcohol than I have (and I'm well stocked) if the childcare centers were closed. Trying to get anything done, work or personal, with an almost 2 year old would have driven me to drink nightly.
We have a newborn at home. Both my wife and I are on leave anyway. The plan was to send out 4 year old to daycare. Booze gets me through the day and her 1 beer at night gives her something to look forward to.

That being said, as long as people are leaving their homes, for any reason, you really aren’t practicing social distancing and I am quick to call anyone out for that.

If you go and get takeout and touch ANYTHING there, it’s no different than being around a group of people. I get that we ar wallowing this down and agree with it, but lots of people think we are stopping this in its tracks by not being around people. Up to 80% of the population will get this in the next year. That’s the only way to stop it.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed Mar 25 10:41 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Weed is medicinal, science. I can see that more that alcohol.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Mar 25 10:42 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Why is this a bad thing?

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Mar 25 10:53 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Wed Mar 25 10:42 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Why is this a bad thing?
I didn’t say it was....I’m sipping on red wine as we speak. :mrgreen:

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Mar 26 2:09 am

The Rube wrote:
Bertogliat wrote:
The Rube wrote:
Bertogliat wrote:

I'm sure you can submit...will it get processed, though? I can also mail the check in...but will it get processed?
Good Lord, Brent. :lol: Submit it and find out - what is the worst that can happen? If funds are withdrawn you'll have a paper trail of the transaction at the very least from your bank, but most likely also from the state.

Luckygirl#13
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Luckygirl#13 » Thu Mar 26 5:40 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Thu Mar 26 2:09 am
The Rube wrote:
Bertogliat wrote:
The Rube wrote:
Bertogliat wrote:

Good Lord, Brent. :lol: Submit it and find out - what is the worst that can happen? If funds are withdrawn you'll have a paper trail of the transaction at the very least from your bank, but most likely also from the state.
I renewed my tabs online a few weeks ago. They expire in March. Got them in the mail a week later!! There’s your answer. It works. :D

Zwak
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 157 times

Post by Zwak » Thu Mar 26 6:15 am

Cowgirl wrote:
If liquor stores were closed for a month i would imagine there would be lots of black market sales.
GPL's official source of trivia.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Mar 26 6:25 am

This death toll is getting ominus. They say in Italy 7,000 out of 70,000 corona virus patients have died. 10% is no buono.

Globally the rate is about 4.4%. I was expecting the numbers to get better as testing increased but the opposite is happening.

gopherguy13
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 34 times

Post by gopherguy13 » Thu Mar 26 7:09 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Mar 26 6:25 am
This death toll is getting ominus. They say in Italy 7,000 out of 70,000 corona virus patients have died. 10% is no buono.

Globally the rate is about 4.4%. I was expecting the numbers to get better as testing increased but the opposite is happening.
Isn't that the whole idea behind flattening the curve to not overwhelm the hospital system? Because Italy is a case study on what will happen if we don't. Isn't the case that a lot of people dying over there are dying because of a lack of available medical care? Which of course makes it all the more tragic.
Ease your mind, have a banana or two.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Thu Mar 26 7:14 am

NY is already getting crushed with respect to the availability of space in hospitals.

Don Adams Wheel of Justice
GPL Podcast Sponsor
Been liked: 48 times

Post by Don Adams Wheel of Justice » Thu Mar 26 7:33 am

kmd wrote:
The Rube wrote:

You are 100% wrong on this one. Ask any nurse who the worst patients are and nearly every one will say detoxing alcoholics. Keeping them out if the ER's is absolutely a large part of keeping liquor stores open.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Mar 26 8:31 am

gopherguy13 wrote:
Thu Mar 26 7:09 am
Bertogliat wrote:

Isn't that the whole idea behind flattening the curve to not overwhelm the hospital system? Because Italy is a case study on what will happen if we don't. Isn't the case that a lot of people dying over there are dying because of a lack of available medical care? Which of course makes it all the more tragic.
I guess I assumed Italy would be in better shape than China with respect to healthcare. I thought Italy also went on a shelter in place order like we mostly have. China went on full military lockdown and even had people leave there homes.

It's bad in Italy though. 37 doctors have died..... yikes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/eu ... story.html

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 316 times
Been liked: 121 times

Post by Steve MN » Thu Mar 26 8:54 am

Also, while we may not agree with how China runs their country, they were able to stand up multiple temporary hospitals in the primary affected area over the course of a couple weeks. It was really quite amazing how fast and forcefully their reaction was once they admitted something needed to be done.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

D2D
Veteran

Post by D2D » Thu Mar 26 9:15 am

Steve MN wrote:
Thu Mar 26 8:54 am
Also, while we may not agree with how China runs their country, they were able to stand up multiple temporary hospitals in the primary affected area over the course of a couple weeks. It was really quite amazing how fast and forcefully their reaction was once they admitted something needed to be done.
Too bad for the rest of the world's sake it took them so long to admit "something needed to be done". :chainsaw:

Maize
Veteran

Post by Maize » Thu Mar 26 9:33 am

gopherguy13 wrote:
Thu Mar 26 7:09 am
Bertogliat wrote:

As Andy Slavitt put it, your number one risk factor for dying from this is not being above a certain age, it's not having underlying conditions; it's not having access to a hospital bed and ventilator.