Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.
User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30175
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 94 times
Contact:

Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by The Rube » Tue Apr 02 9:20 pm

There. Have at it. Couldn't find the old thread to resurrect. :)
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 6869
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 39 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Bigbeer » Tue Apr 02 9:49 pm

The Rube wrote:
Tue Apr 02 9:20 pm
There. Have at it. Couldn't find the old thread to resurrect. :)
It’s the one called “Televison” full of complaining about all the GOT posts
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30175
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 94 times
Contact:

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by The Rube » Tue Apr 02 10:04 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Tue Apr 02 9:49 pm
The Rube wrote:
Tue Apr 02 9:20 pm
There. Have at it. Couldn't find the old thread to resurrect. :)
It’s the one called “Televison” full of complaining about all the GOT posts
Hence the separate thread. :wink: :lol:
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2675
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 82 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Karlsson » Tue Apr 02 11:13 pm

Such a whiner.

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2675
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 82 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Karlsson » Tue Apr 02 11:52 pm

We didn't start over at the beginning, but with season 6. We'll probably be caught up again thus weekend.

User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by JC65 » Fri Apr 12 12:19 pm

I'm actually getting a little excited for Sunday, especially for the inevitable outrage from the segments of the fan base who won't be served.

You just know some minor character won't appear (Edmere, Daario, Jaqen, Robin...) and some pocket of the internet will be full of outrage and vitriol over it.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27899
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 138 times
Age: 31

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Beauner » Fri Apr 12 12:29 pm

On that list the only one that I might expect to see is Daario.

Unless it's like Robin as a walker.

Jaqen seems like it would be too much fan service. It would be great but I don't expect it.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 18701
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 310 times
Been liked: 216 times
Age: 53

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Greyeagle » Fri Apr 12 12:43 pm

The Rube wrote:
Tue Apr 02 10:04 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Tue Apr 02 9:49 pm
The Rube wrote:
Tue Apr 02 9:20 pm
There. Have at it. Couldn't find the old thread to resurrect. :)
It’s the one called “Televison” full of complaining about all the GOT posts
Hence the separate thread. :wink: :lol:
:good2: :dup: :good2:
Thank you!!
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9261
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 34 times
Age: 44

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by davescharf » Fri Apr 12 12:52 pm

Is it possible to derail this thread entirely and then post IBTL?

Can we have another thread for people who don't care about the final season of Game of Thrones?

:D
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by JC65 » Fri Apr 12 12:53 pm

Beauner wrote:
Fri Apr 12 12:29 pm
On that list the only one that I might expect to see is Daario.

Unless it's like Robin as a walker.

Jaqen seems like it would be too much fan service. It would be great but I don't expect it.
I guess my point is there are six episodes left, so at best probably 10 hours of show. Not every story will get an end / epilogue and that will definitely piss some people off.

I don't care if we see any of those I listed above again, and if we do and it turns the last season into a never-ending string of cameos it'd be a shame.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27899
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 138 times
Age: 31

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Beauner » Fri Apr 12 12:58 pm

JC65 wrote:
Fri Apr 12 12:53 pm
Beauner wrote:
Fri Apr 12 12:29 pm
On that list the only one that I might expect to see is Daario.

Unless it's like Robin as a walker.

Jaqen seems like it would be too much fan service. It would be great but I don't expect it.
I guess my point is there are six episodes left, so at best probably 10 hours of show. Not every story will get an end / epilogue and that will definitely piss some people off.

I don't care if we see any of those I listed above again, and if we do and it turns the last season into a never-ending string of cameos it'd be a shame.
Agreed. I don't get the feeling we'll see that.

I believe I heard the first two episodes are 60 minutes each, the last four are roughly 80 minutes each. Given that we know there will be two massive battles that take up almost entire episodes (if not the entire episodes) and episode 1 is likely going to be a reunion/"hey did you know this this and this are things that happened and now we have to do this this and that?" type meetings, I don't see how they'd realistically work any random cameos in.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
fishingmn
Golden
Golden
Posts: 957
Joined: Wed Feb 16 7:16 am
Location: Mound, MN
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by fishingmn » Fri Apr 12 1:08 pm

This will be strange but I watched part of season 1 and part of season 7 (really pissed off wife with all of my questions regarding what I'd missed).

18 days ago I renewed HBO and have now binge watched all 67 episodes.

Read a good article today talking about how GOT's final season may be the last series to be released over a series of weeks that will be must see TV. So many shows are now streamed and watched after the fact that they don't foster the type of community we saw in years past. GOT will definitely have a lot of fan interest and discussion on Twitter and online during the next 7 weeks.
Helping buyers and sellers of real estate in the south and west metro.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27899
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 138 times
Age: 31

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Beauner » Sun Apr 14 5:29 pm

Two hours and 31 minutes away!!!
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by JC65 » Sun Apr 14 7:48 pm

Spoiler:
Hidden Content...
Bran's a teen aged boy who can watch anyone in history bone.

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13463
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 86 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Apr 14 8:55 pm

1/6 of the way done with the season already nooooo
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Jane Fonda
Veteran
Posts: 5862
Joined: Tue Apr 22 3:53 pm
Location: Free DX
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times
Age: 34

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Jane Fonda » Sun Apr 14 9:00 pm

f*** yes. That was pretty awesome.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27899
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 138 times
Age: 31

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Beauner » Sun Apr 14 9:07 pm

Is it next Sunday yet?

Holy crap.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by JC65 » Sun Apr 14 9:35 pm

Solid episode. Everyone's getting where they need to be.
Hidden Content...
Poor little Ned Umber.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27899
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 138 times
Age: 31

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Beauner » Sun Apr 14 9:41 pm

Hidden Content...
This made me laugh.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by JC65 » Sun Apr 14 10:02 pm

"I used to think you were the cleaverest man in the world." <walks away>

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5096
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times
Age: 33

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Snowcool08 » Sun Apr 14 10:06 pm

That felt like a very fan-servicey episode. Someone in our watch group said the dragon riding scene was Disney-like and not in a good way. I thought it was a very blah episode and hopefully it sets up the story to come.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27899
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 138 times
Age: 31

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Beauner » Sun Apr 14 10:06 pm

I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally excited to see where the set-ups we saw tonight end up. I'd imagine a good chunk of them get addressed next Sunday because episode 3 I believe is going to be the Battle of Winterfell which likely is going to be just 80 minutes of bloodshed (or whatever you call white walker deaths? Iceshed?)
Hidden Content...
Also very interested to see how they handle the Iron Islands. Can't imagine Euron will be psyched that his prize was stolen away and returns to Pyke.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27899
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 138 times
Age: 31

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Beauner » Sun Apr 14 10:08 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Sun Apr 14 10:06 pm
That felt like a very fan-servicey episode. Someone in our watch group said the dragon riding scene was Disney-like and not in a good way. I thought it was a very blah episode and hopefully it sets up the story to come.
Agreed about the dragon-riding scene to an extent. I think partly they had to do it at some point because he figures to be riding Rhaegal at the battle of Winterfell and if he hadn't ever done it before we'd all he like "WTF How is he just able to control the dragon, he's never ridden one before"
That, combined with the callback to Ygritte ("we could just stay here for a thousand years" when Ygritte told Jon they could just stay in that case) was a little fan-servicey.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13463
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 86 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Apr 14 10:39 pm

Ya I wish the dragon riding scene would have been more realistic to actual dragon riding.
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
gopherguy13
Golden
Golden
Posts: 20191
Joined: Sat Oct 02 8:53 pm
Location: Maple Grove
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 22 times
Age: 28

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by gopherguy13 » Mon Apr 15 7:19 am

It was a setup episode, everyone needed to have their "face obscured, and then turn towards the camera" first shot of the season.

I also don't think I've ever hated a character in anything as much as I hate Bran. :lol:

"There's no time for pleasantries!"
*sits for the entire episode staring weirdly at people*
Ease your mind, have a banana or two.

User avatar
gopherguy13
Golden
Golden
Posts: 20191
Joined: Sat Oct 02 8:53 pm
Location: Maple Grove
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 22 times
Age: 28

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by gopherguy13 » Mon Apr 15 7:25 am

Ease your mind, have a banana or two.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14009
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 241 times
Been liked: 61 times
Age: 51

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Apr 15 7:30 am

Bran is one of my fave characters. The scene with Jaymie at the end was incredible and I have been waiting for it for a long time.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
gopherguy13
Golden
Golden
Posts: 20191
Joined: Sat Oct 02 8:53 pm
Location: Maple Grove
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 22 times
Age: 28

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by gopherguy13 » Mon Apr 15 7:43 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Apr 15 7:30 am
Bran is one of my fave characters. The scene with Jaymie at the end was incredible and I have been waiting for it for a long time.
I just feel like I'm going to be frustrated by him because he'll spend the whole season with his smug "I know everything" schtick, and then something is going to catch them off guard that he didn't forsee.
Ease your mind, have a banana or two.

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14009
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 241 times
Been liked: 61 times
Age: 51

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Apr 15 8:26 am

gopherguy13 wrote:
Mon Apr 15 7:43 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Apr 15 7:30 am
Bran is one of my fave characters. The scene with Jaymie at the end was incredible and I have been waiting for it for a long time.
I just feel like I'm going to be frustrated by him because he'll spend the whole season with his smug "I know everything" schtick, and then something is going to catch them off guard that he didn't forsee.
That's probably going to happen. I'm sure the Night King knows about the Three Eyed Raven and thus knows how to keep things from him.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27899
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 138 times
Age: 31

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Beauner » Mon Apr 15 8:44 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Apr 15 8:26 am
gopherguy13 wrote:
Mon Apr 15 7:43 am
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Mon Apr 15 7:30 am
Bran is one of my fave characters. The scene with Jaymie at the end was incredible and I have been waiting for it for a long time.
I just feel like I'm going to be frustrated by him because he'll spend the whole season with his smug "I know everything" schtick, and then something is going to catch them off guard that he didn't forsee.
That's probably going to happen. I'm sure the Night King knows about the Three Eyed Raven and thus knows how to keep things from him.
He definitely knows about the Three Eyed Raven. He killed the old one during Hodor's final scene (RIP Hodor). As far as knowing the depth of the magic TER and Night King have in common, that remains to be seen.

I dunno that he'll be caught off guard by the walkers.

My question is about how he's going to handle Jaime. When Meera was leaving him in season 7 after they got back to Winterfell she was begging for an emotional reaction from Bran and he basically said "I'm not Bran anymore so...bye". I think the exact quote was "I'm not really, not anymore. I remember what it felt like to be Brandon Stark but I remember so much else now."

Does he still have as much vitriol toward Jaime? Meera says he died in that cave and if he's dead why does he care what Jaime did?

It's going to be really interesting to see how that dynamic works.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2675
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 82 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Karlsson » Mon Apr 15 10:56 am

I don't think Bran cares about Jamie's transgressions towards himself. Dany cares a lot. I bet Bran is the reason he survives the trial. He's got a part to play yadda yadda...

User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by JC65 » Mon Apr 15 11:24 am

Couple of nit-picks.

How many Unsullied are there? Back in the day Dany bought/stole 8,000 and any in training. But this looks like a lot more than 8K:
https://i.redd.it/zec4f6qb5gs21.png

Also, I know it's a TV show, but they keep showing troops standing in ranks and at attention on the decks of ships and it just seems stupid to me. (both the Unsullied at the end of Season 6 and the Golden Company in S8EP1).

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27899
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 138 times
Age: 31

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Beauner » Mon Apr 15 11:34 am

JC65 wrote:
Mon Apr 15 11:24 am
Couple of nit-picks.

How many Unsullied are there? Back in the day Dany bought/stole 8,000 and any in training. But this looks like a lot more than 8K:
https://i.redd.it/zec4f6qb5gs21.png

Also, I know it's a TV show, but they keep showing troops standing in ranks and at attention on the decks of ships and it just seems stupid to me. (both the Unsullied at the end of Season 6 and the Golden Company in S8EP1).
She's also got all the Dothraki from Vaes Dothrak, so when I was watching it I assumed the shot was unsullied + Dothraki.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by JC65 » Mon Apr 15 11:43 am

Beauner wrote:
Mon Apr 15 11:34 am
JC65 wrote:
Mon Apr 15 11:24 am
Couple of nit-picks.

How many Unsullied are there? Back in the day Dany bought/stole 8,000 and any in training. But this looks like a lot more than 8K:
https://i.redd.it/zec4f6qb5gs21.png

Also, I know it's a TV show, but they keep showing troops standing in ranks and at attention on the decks of ships and it just seems stupid to me. (both the Unsullied at the end of Season 6 and the Golden Company in S8EP1).
She's also got all the Dothraki from Vaes Dothrak, so when I was watching it I assumed the shot was unsullied + Dothraki.
I can't envision Dothraki march along in perfect ranks. Not that it matters.

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13463
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 86 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Apr 15 11:47 am

My math isn't great but is that really that many more than 8k? They converge to a much skinnier line behind the gate.
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Posts: 2413
Joined: Tue Feb 09 8:49 am
Location: NE Mpls
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 36 times
Age: 40
Contact:

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Vegoe » Mon Apr 15 3:02 pm

About as in-depth as any sports postgame breakdown: https://www.theringer.com/talk-the-thrones
Hidden Content...
Bran won't be emotional about Jamie... I want to see him try to warg a dragon.

Image

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27899
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 138 times
Age: 31

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Beauner » Mon Apr 15 4:00 pm

Vegoe wrote:
Mon Apr 15 3:02 pm
About as in-depth as any sports postgame breakdown: https://www.theringer.com/talk-the-thrones
Hidden Content...
Bran won't be emotional about Jamie... I want to see him try to warg a dragon.

Image
Im of the belief that Khaleesi is going to try to do everything she can to execute Jaime (obviously) and Bran will save him somehow. Leading to Jaime doing something later to save Bran or somebody else.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6718
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 36 times
Age: 40

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by MNGophers29 » Mon Apr 15 4:03 pm

I am not reading any comments, but after all of the scuttlebutt, I paid for HBO last night and made it through Episode 1 of Season 1 before falling asleep. I think was I was done with Season 2 when I quit last year.

So, since Christmas and getting RDR2 thanks to this message board and now binging this show...my wife officially hates GPL!
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by JC65 » Tue Apr 16 11:48 am

I didn't even notice Vijo Morganstern in his cameo:


User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13463
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 86 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Apr 21 7:58 pm

Game time
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13463
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 86 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Apr 21 8:59 pm

And now, maybe the most hype in TV history building up for a week.
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8648
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 40 times
Age: 47

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Steve MN » Sun Apr 21 9:01 pm

Certainly a possibility, yes.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by JC65 » Sun Apr 21 9:01 pm

Tormund is taking dating tips from my freshman year of college. It didn't go well then, it won't go well now.

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13463
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 86 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Apr 21 9:04 pm

You tried to pick up chicks by telling stories about sucking on a giant's boob at the age of ten?
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by JC65 » Sun Apr 21 9:07 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Sun Apr 21 9:04 pm
You tried to pick up chicks by telling stories about sucking on a giant's boob at the age of ten?
while pouring half my beer down my beard... pretty much.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27899
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 138 times
Age: 31

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Beauner » Sun Apr 21 9:08 pm

Tormund is one of the most underrated characters on this show. Frickin love him.

Really liked that episode.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13463
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 86 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Apr 21 9:09 pm

Underrated? I thought everyone freaking loves him
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by JC65 » Sun Apr 21 9:12 pm

The scene with Arya was one of the most disturbing things the shows ever shown. She killed, butchered, and baked two men into pies then fed the pies to their father... there's no redemption for that.

User avatar
Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8648
Joined: Fri Jan 25 9:16 am
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 40 times
Age: 47

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Steve MN » Sun Apr 21 9:32 pm

JC65 wrote:
Sun Apr 21 9:07 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Sun Apr 21 9:04 pm
You tried to pick up chicks by telling stories about sucking on a giant's boob at the age of ten?
while pouring half my beer down my beard... pretty much.
I think I will have that drink...
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27899
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 138 times
Age: 31

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Beauner » Mon Apr 22 7:31 am

Bonin21 wrote:
Sun Apr 21 9:09 pm
Underrated? I thought everyone freaking loves him
They probably do but he's almost never mentioned among the "Favorite characters" people mention.
He's freaking brilliant.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Master_Shake
Rookie
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu Mar 03 11:14 pm
Location: Northwest Minny
Been liked: 2 times
Age: 39

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Master_Shake » Mon Apr 22 8:32 am

That was my all time favorite episode, knocking "Hardhome" out of the number 1 spot for me. I absolutely loved all the banter back and forth and the thought of how each character ended up back at Winterfell.

User avatar
Vegoe
GPL Writer
GPL Writer
Posts: 2413
Joined: Tue Feb 09 8:49 am
Location: NE Mpls
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 36 times
Age: 40
Contact:

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Vegoe » Mon Apr 22 8:51 am

Beauner wrote:
Mon Apr 22 7:31 am
Bonin21 wrote:
Sun Apr 21 9:09 pm
Underrated? I thought everyone freaking loves him
They probably do but he's almost never mentioned among the "Favorite characters" people mention.
He's freaking brilliant.
He's probably not a favorite character, but he knows how to be on camera!

Image

He was also great in the Wyndham commercials.

User avatar
Master_Shake
Rookie
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu Mar 03 11:14 pm
Location: Northwest Minny
Been liked: 2 times
Age: 39

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Master_Shake » Mon Apr 22 8:57 am

"The things we do for love."

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27899
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 138 times
Age: 31

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Beauner » Mon Apr 22 9:16 am

Vegoe wrote:
Mon Apr 22 8:51 am
Beauner wrote:
Mon Apr 22 7:31 am
Bonin21 wrote:
Sun Apr 21 9:09 pm
Underrated? I thought everyone freaking loves him
They probably do but he's almost never mentioned among the "Favorite characters" people mention.
He's freaking brilliant.
He's probably not a favorite character, but he knows how to be on camera!

Image

He was also great in the Wyndham commercials.
He steals every scene he's in.

STAY BACK, HE'S GOT BLUE EYES!!
"I'VE ALWAYS HAD BLUE EYES!" 😂😂


It was really interesting to see all the characters yesterday essentially resigned to their doom last night.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8328
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by gopherguy06 » Mon Apr 22 9:30 am

JC65 wrote:
Sun Apr 21 9:12 pm
The scene with Arya was one of the most disturbing things the shows ever shown. She killed, butchered, and baked two men into pies then fed the pies to their father... there's no redemption for that.
The scene with Gendry?

User avatar
gopherguy06
Veteran
Posts: 8328
Joined: Thu Mar 10 10:05 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by gopherguy06 » Mon Apr 22 9:30 am

Master_Shake wrote:
Mon Apr 22 8:57 am
"The things we do for love."
Great throwback to the first episode. Jamie thought he was f'd, but quickly solved a lot of issues in the episode.

User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by JC65 » Mon Apr 22 9:32 am


User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27899
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 138 times
Age: 31

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Beauner » Mon Apr 22 10:08 am

JC65 wrote:
Sun Apr 21 9:12 pm
The scene with Arya was one of the most disturbing things the shows ever shown. She killed, butchered, and baked two men into pies then fed the pies to their father... there's no redemption for that.
Why would she need or want redemption? She was avenging her family, who were betrayed and butchered after being granted guest rights. At a wedding.

I think she's pretty OK with how that went. Especially considering what she did immediately after that.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by JC65 » Mon Apr 22 11:10 am

Beauner wrote:
Mon Apr 22 10:08 am
JC65 wrote:
Sun Apr 21 9:12 pm
The scene with Arya was one of the most disturbing things the shows ever shown. She killed, butchered, and baked two men into pies then fed the pies to their father... there's no redemption for that.
Why would she need or want redemption? She was avenging her family, who were betrayed and butchered after being granted guest rights. At a wedding.

I think she's pretty OK with how that went. Especially considering what she did immediately after that.
Whether she's OK with it or not isn't the question. No one else should be anywhere near OK with it. Vengeance and justice are completely different things.

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13463
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 86 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Apr 22 11:13 am

It's a fantasy show lol
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 14009
Joined: Wed Apr 09 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie
Has liked: 241 times
Been liked: 61 times
Age: 51

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Apr 22 11:30 am

I'm super ok with it.
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
On my lawn chair on the ledge. Being wrong 75% of the time and loving every minute of it.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27899
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 138 times
Age: 31

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Beauner » Mon Apr 22 11:47 am

I wish we'd seen her kill them first. So I guess I'm only mostly OK with it.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Jane Fonda
Veteran
Posts: 5862
Joined: Tue Apr 22 3:53 pm
Location: Free DX
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times
Age: 34

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Jane Fonda » Mon Apr 22 3:24 pm

So we have someone defending the Freys? :lol:

User avatar
Master_Shake
Rookie
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu Mar 03 11:14 pm
Location: Northwest Minny
Been liked: 2 times
Age: 39

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Master_Shake » Mon Apr 22 3:32 pm

JC65 wrote:
Sun Apr 21 9:12 pm
The scene with Arya was one of the most disturbing things the shows ever shown. She killed, butchered, and baked two men into pies then fed the pies to their father... there's no redemption for that.
Have you watched the whole show? There was a scene shortly after Joffrey's death were Jaime Lanister forces himself on his sister at the foot of their sons coffin. I can't think of a much more disturbing event in TV history but I can tell the difference between real life and a fantasy show. :D

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27899
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 138 times
Age: 31

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Beauner » Mon Apr 22 3:54 pm

Don't forget the man who marries and impregnates all of his daughters and then sacrifices his sons to the Night King...
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
fishingmn
Golden
Golden
Posts: 957
Joined: Wed Feb 16 7:16 am
Location: Mound, MN
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by fishingmn » Mon Apr 22 4:03 pm

Still sticking with my prediction after week 1.

We know episodes 3 & 5 have battles based on the director doing them.

Episode 3 - Battle of living vs dead at Winterfell. I think this plot line ends next week with many dead but somehow the living prevail after the night king gets killed going after Bran. Gotta figure that a lot of show regulars bite it in the battle. Thinking the lesser ones like Grey Worm, Davos, Baric, Podrick, Gendry and/or Jorah. Gotta think Theon dies for sure but maybe once again in a redemptive way protecting Bran.

That leads to Ep. 4 being a set up episode for the final battle in Ep. 5 between the living factions. One would think Cersei has to die then. Maybe a battle between the Hound & Mountain as a part of this as well.

Leaving a final Ep. 6 to wrap up the storylines. Not sure if this means harmony and someone on the Iron Throne that all agree with. This is Game of Thrones so having a fairy tale ending doesn't seem like it makes total sense even though the first 2 episodes this year have been harmonious for the most part.
Helping buyers and sellers of real estate in the south and west metro.

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 13463
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 86 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Apr 22 4:08 pm

Then the remaining people alive go to a diner and it cuts to black.
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by JC65 » Mon Apr 22 4:24 pm

Master_Shake wrote:
Mon Apr 22 3:32 pm
JC65 wrote:
Sun Apr 21 9:12 pm
The scene with Arya was one of the most disturbing things the shows ever shown. She killed, butchered, and baked two men into pies then fed the pies to their father... there's no redemption for that.
Have you watched the whole show? There was a scene shortly after Joffrey's death were Jaime Lanister forces himself on his sister at the foot of their sons coffin. I can't think of a much more disturbing event in TV history but I can tell the difference between real life and a fantasy show. :D
Yes, Jamie raping his sister three feet from the body of their dead son is bad. (yes, a bunch of neck beards will say 'it's not rape int he books'. I haven't read past the first book, it's rape in the show).

Craster too.

However, if your defense of Arya is "She's not as bad as Craster"...

User avatar
Jane Fonda
Veteran
Posts: 5862
Joined: Tue Apr 22 3:53 pm
Location: Free DX
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times
Age: 34

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Jane Fonda » Mon Apr 22 6:34 pm

So, we're all agreed, what Arya did to the Freys was deserved, and there is no need for any kind of redemption.

User avatar
gopherguy13
Golden
Golden
Posts: 20191
Joined: Sat Oct 02 8:53 pm
Location: Maple Grove
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 22 times
Age: 28

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by gopherguy13 » Mon Apr 22 7:08 pm

JC65 wrote:
Mon Apr 22 4:24 pm
Master_Shake wrote:
Mon Apr 22 3:32 pm
JC65 wrote:
Sun Apr 21 9:12 pm
The scene with Arya was one of the most disturbing things the shows ever shown. She killed, butchered, and baked two men into pies then fed the pies to their father... there's no redemption for that.
Have you watched the whole show? There was a scene shortly after Joffrey's death were Jaime Lanister forces himself on his sister at the foot of their sons coffin. I can't think of a much more disturbing event in TV history but I can tell the difference between real life and a fantasy show. :D
Yes, Jamie raping his sister three feet from the body of their dead son is bad. (yes, a bunch of neck beards will say 'it's not rape int he books'. I haven't read past the first book, it's rape in the show).

Craster too.

However, if your defense of Arya is "She's not as bad as Craster"...
There was also the whole thing with Sansa and Ramsay Bolton on their "wedding night"...
Ease your mind, have a banana or two.

User avatar
NYC Gopher fan
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1481
Joined: Mon Jan 21 9:15 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by NYC Gopher fan » Mon Apr 22 7:49 pm

I keep hoping Hot Pie will show up before the end.

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27899
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 138 times
Age: 31

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Beauner » Mon Apr 22 8:17 pm

NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Mon Apr 22 7:49 pm
I keep hoping Hot Pie will show up before the end.
You cannot give up on the gravy!
No gravy, no pie!
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2675
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 82 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by Karlsson » Mon Apr 22 10:26 pm


User avatar
JC65
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Apr 08 7:50 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by JC65 » Thu May 02 11:51 am

I don't know how to do images, anyway:

Summer is coming

https://i.imgur.com/XFFUuDC.png

User avatar
F Da Sue
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1862
Joined: Wed Feb 16 11:09 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Game Of Thrones: The Final Season

Post by F Da Sue » Sat May 04 4:56 pm

Current odds at 5Dimes for who sits on the Throne at the end of the season:

Jon +100
Tyrion +250
Sansa +450
Bran +500
Daneryus +600
Gendry +650
Arya +700
Cersei +1100
Samwell +2500
Jaimie +6000
Davos +6600

There's a million other props listed on the site.

Post Reply