Things That Stick In Your Craw

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.
Post Reply
User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30365
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 121 times
Contact:

Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by The Rube » Tue Jun 27 9:32 pm

The newer Netflix streaming rating system. It's horrible. I want the 5-star system back instead of this "thumbs up/thumbs down" B.S.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6907
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 177 times
Age: 32

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Jun 27 10:18 pm

In.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15814
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 191 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Jun 27 10:39 pm

:popcorn:
Currently under construction.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9774
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 136 times
Age: 44

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Jun 27 10:42 pm

Present

User avatar
Gopher Hockey Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7069
Joined: Wed Apr 09 6:42 pm
Location: Albertville

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Gopher Hockey Rube » Tue Jun 27 11:00 pm

Greatest. Thread. Title. EVER!!!

User avatar
ex_goldy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2027
Joined: Thu Mar 08 10:29 am
Location: Sitting out 2017 season
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by ex_goldy » Tue Jun 27 11:08 pm

Is there any chance the current president and his administration would be missed in this thread? I especially think the press conference by Sarah Sanders Huckabee would be good fodder. Just leave the politics out of it.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30365
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 121 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by The Rube » Tue Jun 27 11:15 pm

ex_goldy wrote:
Tue Jun 27 11:08 pm
Is there any chance the current president and his administration would be missed in this thread? I especially think the press conference by Sarah Sanders Huckabee would be good fodder. Just leave the politics out of it.
Don't even approach politics. Don't. Never. Don't ruin this.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
ex_goldy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2027
Joined: Thu Mar 08 10:29 am
Location: Sitting out 2017 season
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by ex_goldy » Tue Jun 27 11:30 pm

Something else:
I heard in Germany they have a law that if they close a road for construction they have to make a bypass that handles the same amount of traffic, same number of lanes that they closed. Anyone know if that's true ? It might have been something I read on the internet (possibly untrue!).

User avatar
Armadillo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 12471
Joined: Mon Nov 14 12:11 pm
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times
Age: 41

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Armadillo » Tue Jun 27 11:54 pm

ex_goldy wrote:
Tue Jun 27 11:30 pm
Something else:
I heard in Germany they have a law that if they close a road for construction they have to make a bypass that handles the same amount of traffic, same number of lanes that they closed. Anyone know if that's true ? It might have been something I read on the internet (possibly untrue!).
Image
GPL Unofficial Puck-to-the-Head Expert since 2006.

"If it was gravy or death, I'd eat it off of Rosie O'Donnell's asscrack. You can print that." -The Rube

Have a question about comas? Ask me, I've been in one!

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30365
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 121 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by The Rube » Wed Jun 28 12:01 am

Image
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7011
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Bigbeer » Wed Jun 28 12:08 am

I like this thread better than Pet Peeves. It eliminates the pretense of complaining about minor irritants and goes right to unabashed whining.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30365
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 121 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by The Rube » Wed Jun 28 12:13 am

Bigbeer wrote:
Wed Jun 28 12:08 am
I like this thread better than Pet Peeves. It eliminates the pretense of complaining about minor irritants and goes right to unabashed whining.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
gator
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15046
Joined: Fri Apr 11 8:07 am
Location: Downtown MPLS. / Apple Valley
Age: 44

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by gator » Wed Jun 28 9:06 am

Gopher Hockey Rube wrote:
Tue Jun 27 11:00 pm
Greatest. Thread. Title. EVER!!!
:good2:
"Sometimes it's fun to poke a stick in a hornets' nest just to hear the buzzing".
- Pat Sajak

"You're the Donald Trump of GPL... #fakenews"
- The Rube (7/1/17) @ Ansari's - Eagan, MN

***
KEEP YOUR STICK ON THE ICE
:trashpc:
The poster formerly known as gatorice

User avatar
gator
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15046
Joined: Fri Apr 11 8:07 am
Location: Downtown MPLS. / Apple Valley
Age: 44

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by gator » Wed Jun 28 9:11 am

- Sheeples...
- Blowhards...
- Sissies...
- Smoke and mirrors...
- Dog and pony shows...
- State Fair crowd syndrome...
- Drinking the Kool-Aid...
"Sometimes it's fun to poke a stick in a hornets' nest just to hear the buzzing".
- Pat Sajak

"You're the Donald Trump of GPL... #fakenews"
- The Rube (7/1/17) @ Ansari's - Eagan, MN

***
KEEP YOUR STICK ON THE ICE
:trashpc:
The poster formerly known as gatorice

User avatar
Laxref
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1035
Joined: Fri Mar 20 10:24 am
Location: Prior lake
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Age: 34

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Laxref » Wed Jun 28 9:14 am

Chevrolet commercials where they survey the biggest tools of all time, lead by king tool, the little guy with the beard, pathetic marketing attempt at millenials, and I drive an impala.

User avatar
gopher wes
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7373
Joined: Mon Nov 06 7:29 pm
Location: Champlin
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 1 time
Age: 32
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by gopher wes » Wed Jun 28 9:24 am

Laxref wrote:
Wed Jun 28 9:14 am
Chevrolet commercials where they survey the biggest tools of all time, lead by king tool, the little guy with the beard, pathetic marketing attempt at millenials, and I drive an impala.
Not that I disagree with you but..........at least they don't have to spell out every single word that the voiceover is saying like Ford F150 commercials. :lol:

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3071
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Norm » Wed Jun 28 9:24 am

Laxref wrote:
Wed Jun 28 9:14 am
Chevrolet commercials where they survey the biggest tools of all time, lead by king tool, the little guy with the beard, pathetic marketing attempt at millenials, and I drive an impala.
You mean the guy that gets goosebumps looking at a Chevy pickup?

User avatar
Beauner
Golden
Golden
Posts: 28086
Joined: Sat Feb 12 2:59 pm
Location: Minnesota
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 173 times
Age: 31

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Beauner » Wed Jun 28 9:25 am

Went to take my dog for a walk in the park across the street after work yesterday. Got to the park where the baseball field is (youth baseball/tee ball, not full size with fence).
In the middle of the outfield, somebody let their dog take a big ol dump and decided not to pick it up. And naturally I managed to step in it while Zoey and I were jogging.
Pick up your dog's 💩 so it doesn't stick in my shoe.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

User avatar
Reg Dunlop
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1918
Joined: Mon Aug 25 8:16 am
Location: Charlestown, PA
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Reg Dunlop » Wed Jun 28 9:59 am

I got a piece of steak stuck in my craw. It's a pet peeve of mine!
"Let 'em know you're there!"

Thirty-four: "Reg, I gotta tell you, of all the people on the board, you are one of the five I'd like to buy a beer!" :beerchug:

Frozen Four: BSU=JBSU=LOL

User avatar
Kelly Red
Veteran
Posts: 2770
Joined: Wed Dec 05 4:12 pm
Location: High Horse
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Kelly Red » Wed Jun 28 10:58 am

Norm wrote:
Wed Jun 28 9:24 am
Laxref wrote:
Wed Jun 28 9:14 am
Chevrolet commercials where they survey the biggest tools of all time, lead by king tool, the little guy with the beard, pathetic marketing attempt at millenials, and I drive an impala.
You mean the guy that gets goosebumps looking at a Chevy pickup?
You say goosebumps, I say hard-on. :biggrin2:
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6742
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 42 times
Age: 40

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by MNGophers29 » Wed Jun 28 11:21 am

In.

Oh and I have thought long and hard about what truly gets stuck in my craw and there is only one thing and that is the improper use of words. Mainly there, their and they're. I enjoyed reading comments on FB articles, but when you misuse the words, your point is now null and void.

I get it, mistakes happen, I make plenty of them, but I generally try and proofread my typed things before I hit submit so as to minimize them. A great deal of people would benefit from doing the same exercise.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
george
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5529
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:14 am
Location: Edina
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by george » Wed Jun 28 11:24 am

Kelly Red wrote:
Wed Jun 28 10:58 am
Norm wrote:
Wed Jun 28 9:24 am
Laxref wrote:
Wed Jun 28 9:14 am
Chevrolet commercials where they survey the biggest tools of all time, lead by king tool, the little guy with the beard, pathetic marketing attempt at millenials, and I drive an impala.
You mean the guy that gets goosebumps looking at a Chevy pickup?
You say goosebumps, I say hard-on. :biggrin2:
I guess we know where your mind automatically goes... :wink:

fightclub30
Veteran
Posts: 3528
Joined: Mon Apr 18 9:45 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times
Age: 33

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by fightclub30 » Wed Jun 28 11:35 am

george wrote:
Wed Jun 28 11:24 am
Kelly Red wrote:
Wed Jun 28 10:58 am
Norm wrote:
Wed Jun 28 9:24 am
Laxref wrote:
Wed Jun 28 9:14 am
Chevrolet commercials where they survey the biggest tools of all time, lead by king tool, the little guy with the beard, pathetic marketing attempt at millenials, and I drive an impala.
You mean the guy that gets goosebumps looking at a Chevy pickup?
You say goosebumps, I say hard-on. :biggrin2:
I guess we know where your mind automatically goes... :wink:
Please tell me you've seen the YouTube spoofs of those, where a guy edits himself into the commercials. Comedy gold!

"we've removed the badges so..."
"Its a chevy malibu!"

"Its like a BMW Tesla Combination..."
"Cheryl, are you high? Cause thats not a thing"

This is the first one, you can find the rest easily:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTfS0nAgfuE

User avatar
Kelly Red
Veteran
Posts: 2770
Joined: Wed Dec 05 4:12 pm
Location: High Horse
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Kelly Red » Wed Jun 28 11:51 am

george wrote:
Wed Jun 28 11:24 am
Kelly Red wrote:
Wed Jun 28 10:58 am
Norm wrote:
Wed Jun 28 9:24 am
Laxref wrote:
Wed Jun 28 9:14 am
Chevrolet commercials where they survey the biggest tools of all time, lead by king tool, the little guy with the beard, pathetic marketing attempt at millenials, and I drive an impala.
You mean the guy that gets goosebumps looking at a Chevy pickup?
You say goosebumps, I say hard-on. :biggrin2:
I guess we know where your mind automatically goes... :wink:
I believe the word "beefy" is actually used. :lol:
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6742
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 42 times
Age: 40

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by MNGophers29 » Wed Jun 28 11:57 am

fightclub30 wrote:
Wed Jun 28 11:35 am
george wrote:
Wed Jun 28 11:24 am
Kelly Red wrote:
Wed Jun 28 10:58 am
Norm wrote:
Wed Jun 28 9:24 am
Laxref wrote:
Wed Jun 28 9:14 am
Chevrolet commercials where they survey the biggest tools of all time, lead by king tool, the little guy with the beard, pathetic marketing attempt at millenials, and I drive an impala.
You mean the guy that gets goosebumps looking at a Chevy pickup?
You say goosebumps, I say hard-on. :biggrin2:
I guess we know where your mind automatically goes... :wink:
Please tell me you've seen the YouTube spoofs of those, where a guy edits himself into the commercials. Comedy gold!

"we've removed the badges so..."
"Its a chevy malibu!"

"Its like a BMW Tesla Combination..."
"Cheryl, are you high? Cause thats not a thing"

This is the first one, you can find the rest easily:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTfS0nAgfuE
That one was funny. The Boston/Mark Wahlberg accent makes it even more funny!
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9774
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 136 times
Age: 44

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Jun 28 1:43 pm

Before I discuss what is stuck in my craw I should ask, where is my "craw" located. That was never discussed in my anatomy class.

User avatar
Laxref
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1035
Joined: Fri Mar 20 10:24 am
Location: Prior lake
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Age: 34

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Laxref » Wed Jun 28 2:01 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Wed Jun 28 11:57 am
fightclub30 wrote:
Wed Jun 28 11:35 am
george wrote:
Wed Jun 28 11:24 am
Kelly Red wrote:
Wed Jun 28 10:58 am
Norm wrote:
Wed Jun 28 9:24 am
Laxref wrote:
Wed Jun 28 9:14 am
Chevrolet commercials where they survey the biggest tools of all time, lead by king tool, the little guy with the beard, pathetic marketing attempt at millenials, and I drive an impala.
You mean the guy that gets goosebumps looking at a Chevy pickup?
You say goosebumps, I say hard-on. :biggrin2:
I guess we know where your mind automatically goes... :wink:
Please tell me you've seen the YouTube spoofs of those, where a guy edits himself into the commercials. Comedy gold!

"we've removed the badges so..."
"Its a chevy malibu!"

"Its like a BMW Tesla Combination..."
"Cheryl, are you high? Cause thats not a thing"

This is the first one, you can find the rest easily:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTfS0nAgfuE
That one was funny. The Boston/Mark Wahlberg accent makes it even more funny!
In the commercial for the hatchback the lady says, "looks like the whole weekend warrior young professional buisness in the front, party in the back". It's so easily a generic response some marketer came up with to appeal to millenials, makes me wanna rip my ears off.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9774
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 136 times
Age: 44

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Jun 28 2:07 pm

The "Bachelor" video with the Tom Brady references had me laughing way too hard at my desk.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5347
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 71 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Jun 28 2:44 pm

:roll:
Last edited by bearpaw28 on Wed Jun 28 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 5347
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 71 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Jun 28 2:45 pm

People who conduct serious business discussions, for example, a supervisor conducting (some type of) performance evaluation with a subordinate....at a 2 person sized table... located right in the middle of a CROWDED Caribou Coffee shop. Witnessed this last week first hand :roll:

melmac
Golden
Golden
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:54 am
Location: Over there...
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 4 times
Age: 43

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by melmac » Wed Jun 28 3:05 pm

Laxref wrote:
Wed Jun 28 2:01 pm
MNGophers29 wrote:
Wed Jun 28 11:57 am
fightclub30 wrote:
Wed Jun 28 11:35 am
george wrote:
Wed Jun 28 11:24 am
Kelly Red wrote:
Wed Jun 28 10:58 am
Norm wrote:
Wed Jun 28 9:24 am
Laxref wrote:
Wed Jun 28 9:14 am
Chevrolet commercials where they survey the biggest tools of all time, lead by king tool, the little guy with the beard, pathetic marketing attempt at millenials, and I drive an impala.
You mean the guy that gets goosebumps looking at a Chevy pickup?
You say goosebumps, I say hard-on. :biggrin2:
I guess we know where your mind automatically goes... :wink:
Please tell me you've seen the YouTube spoofs of those, where a guy edits himself into the commercials. Comedy gold!

"we've removed the badges so..."
"Its a chevy malibu!"

"Its like a BMW Tesla Combination..."
"Cheryl, are you high? Cause thats not a thing"

This is the first one, you can find the rest easily:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTfS0nAgfuE
That one was funny. The Boston/Mark Wahlberg accent makes it even more funny!
In the commercial for the hatchback the lady says, "looks like the whole weekend warrior young professional buisness in the front, party in the back". It's so easily a generic response some marketer came up with to appeal to millenials, makes me wanna rip my ears off.
I want to go in to a dealer and ask if they have any of the mullet cars available.
I was told there would be no math.

Someday I'll win...
Charter member of the GPL Convoy Crew

User avatar
5 O.T.
Veteran
Posts: 4570
Joined: Fri Jul 29 4:31 pm
Location: In the "Ne" Section
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by 5 O.T. » Wed Jun 28 4:18 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Jun 28 2:45 pm
People who conduct serious business discussions, for example, a supervisor conducting (some type of) performance evaluation with a subordinate....at a 2 person sized table... located right in the middle of a CROWDED Caribou Coffee shop. Witnessed this last week first hand :roll:


Image

User avatar
Superstar
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4557
Joined: Tue Feb 15 12:21 pm
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Superstar » Wed Jun 28 4:26 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Wed Jun 28 1:43 pm
Before I discuss what is stuck in my craw I should ask, where is my "craw" located. That was never discussed in my anatomy class.
Episode of Brady Bunch ("Every Boy Does It Once")
Alice: Hey, wait till you see how I fix the knees of peter's pants-- leather patches, just like hunters wear.
Bobby: They'll still be hand-me-downs.
Alice: Oh, is that what's stuck in your craw?
Bobby: Maybe. What's a craw?

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6742
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 42 times
Age: 40

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by MNGophers29 » Wed Jun 28 6:06 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Jun 28 2:45 pm
People who conduct serious business discussions, for example, a supervisor conducting (some type of) performance evaluation with a subordinate....at a 2 person sized table... located right in the middle of a CROWDED Caribou Coffee shop. Witnessed this last week first hand :roll:
My last performance review was in a Starbucks....not impressed.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7011
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Bigbeer » Wed Jun 28 6:12 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Wed Jun 28 6:06 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Jun 28 2:45 pm
People who conduct serious business discussions, for example, a supervisor conducting (some type of) performance evaluation with a subordinate....at a 2 person sized table... located right in the middle of a CROWDED Caribou Coffee shop. Witnessed this last week first hand :roll:
My last performance review was in a Starbucks....not impressed.
My last job interview was at a Dunn Brothers
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9774
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 136 times
Age: 44

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Jun 28 7:23 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Wed Jun 28 6:06 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Jun 28 2:45 pm
People who conduct serious business discussions, for example, a supervisor conducting (some type of) performance evaluation with a subordinate....at a 2 person sized table... located right in the middle of a CROWDED Caribou Coffee shop. Witnessed this last week first hand :roll:
My last performance review was in a Starbucks....not impressed.
At least it wasn't Dunn Bros.

SouthTexGopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7626
Joined: Mon Nov 27 9:22 pm

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by SouthTexGopher » Wed Jun 28 9:06 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Wed Jun 28 7:23 pm
At least it wasn't Dunn Bros.
You take that back.

:)
The world is bigger than Minnesota, kids.

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3071
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Norm » Wed Jun 28 9:08 pm

This thread is eerily similar to the "Pet Peeves" thread.

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 18802
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 268 times
Age: 53

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Greyeagle » Wed Jun 28 9:34 pm

Norm wrote:
Wed Jun 28 9:08 pm
This thread is eerily similar to the "Pet Peeves" thread.
Surely you jest?
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
george
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5529
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:14 am
Location: Edina
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by george » Wed Jun 28 9:36 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Wed Jun 28 6:06 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Jun 28 2:45 pm
People who conduct serious business discussions, for example, a supervisor conducting (some type of) performance evaluation with a subordinate....at a 2 person sized table... located right in the middle of a CROWDED Caribou Coffee shop. Witnessed this last week first hand :roll:
My last performance review was in a Starbucks....not impressed.
You weren't impressed, or your reviewer was not impressed?

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30365
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 121 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by The Rube » Wed Jun 28 9:44 pm

I've never had a performance review nor an interview at any place besides the place of business I was working at/potentially going to be working at.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
J22
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sat Dec 26 4:35 pm
Location: Stillwater
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 31 times
Age: 44

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by J22 » Wed Jun 28 9:48 pm

The Rube wrote:
Wed Jun 28 9:44 pm
I've never had a performance review nor an interview at any place besides the place of business I was working at/potentially going to be working at.
Apparently, you're missing out on some terrible coffee.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30365
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 121 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by The Rube » Wed Jun 28 9:59 pm

J22 wrote:
Wed Jun 28 9:48 pm
The Rube wrote:
Wed Jun 28 9:44 pm
I've never had a performance review nor an interview at any place besides the place of business I was working at/potentially going to be working at.
Apparently, you're missing out on some terrible coffee.
If I actually buy coffee outside of an actual restaurant, it's at a gas station.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6742
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 42 times
Age: 40

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by MNGophers29 » Wed Jun 28 11:29 pm

george wrote:
Wed Jun 28 9:36 pm
MNGophers29 wrote:
Wed Jun 28 6:06 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Wed Jun 28 2:45 pm
People who conduct serious business discussions, for example, a supervisor conducting (some type of) performance evaluation with a subordinate....at a 2 person sized table... located right in the middle of a CROWDED Caribou Coffee shop. Witnessed this last week first hand :roll:
My last performance review was in a Starbucks....not impressed.
You weren't impressed, or your reviewer was not impressed?
I wasn't impressed that it was there. Granted, our position doesn't have, or require, an office so I suppose I couldn't have gone to my boss' house, but that would have been even more weird.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
WPoS
Veteran
Posts: 4731
Joined: Fri Apr 11 5:06 pm
Location: lunatics annonymous
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by WPoS » Thu Jun 29 8:18 am

all the breweries being bought by InBev and people that defend that.

Oh an the Surly sheeple

W
Beer Darts Champion of the WORLD!

User avatar
gator
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15046
Joined: Fri Apr 11 8:07 am
Location: Downtown MPLS. / Apple Valley
Age: 44

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by gator » Thu Jun 29 9:39 am

WPoS wrote:
Thu Jun 29 8:18 am
Oh an the Surly sheeple
Surley you didn't just say Surly and sheeple in the same sentence.
"Sometimes it's fun to poke a stick in a hornets' nest just to hear the buzzing".
- Pat Sajak

"You're the Donald Trump of GPL... #fakenews"
- The Rube (7/1/17) @ Ansari's - Eagan, MN

***
KEEP YOUR STICK ON THE ICE
:trashpc:
The poster formerly known as gatorice

User avatar
MNNavy
Golden
Golden
Posts: 1242
Joined: Thu Apr 10 9:14 pm
Location: Lakeville, MN
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by MNNavy » Thu Jun 29 11:16 am

gator wrote:
Thu Jun 29 9:39 am
WPoS wrote:
Thu Jun 29 8:18 am
Oh an the Surly sheeple
Surley you didn't just say Surly and sheeple in the same sentence.
Yes, he did.

(and don't call him Shirley)
It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance. - Thomas Sowell

User avatar
Thomps
Golden
Golden
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Mar 26 3:16 pm
Location: Blue line, touching the rafters
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Thomps » Thu Jun 29 11:57 am

ex_goldy wrote:
Tue Jun 27 11:30 pm
Something else:
I heard in Germany they have a law that if they close a road for construction they have to make a bypass that handles the same amount of traffic, same number of lanes that they closed. Anyone know if that's true ? It might have been something I read on the internet (possibly untrue!).
Well, on the autobahn 2 weeks ago they were doing work on the side of the road, and they closed the two lanes down to one. Multiple times this happened on the 11 on the way to Poland. Ticked me off too since I had to keep slowing down. :mrgreen: So this might not be true.

SouthTexGopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7626
Joined: Mon Nov 27 9:22 pm

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by SouthTexGopher » Thu Jun 29 9:47 pm

OK...here's one for me.

My company issued iPhone is falling to pieces right now. After the last update, the battery life has gone to nearly nothing, the thing has started running hot, it developed a burn spot on the screen and now I have a steadily darkening semi-transparent gray bar across the screen bottom.

Are there any fixes for this stuff beyond getting a new iPhone?

Before it's said: Android :blahblah:
The world is bigger than Minnesota, kids.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30365
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 121 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by The Rube » Thu Jun 29 9:50 pm

It's your work phone. They should provide you with a new one. Period.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
davescharf
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9320
Joined: Fri Feb 11 6:22 am
Location: Plymouth
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 36 times
Age: 44

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by davescharf » Fri Jun 30 12:41 am

SouthTexGopher wrote:
Thu Jun 29 9:47 pm
OK...here's one for me.

My company issued iPhone is falling to pieces right now. After the last update, the battery life has gone to nearly nothing, the thing has started running hot, it developed a burn spot on the screen and now I have a steadily darkening semi-transparent gray bar across the screen bottom.

Are there any fixes for this stuff beyond getting a new iPhone?

Before it's said: Android :blahblah:
Sounds like you got a clunker. My 5S runs hot once in awhile and the battery life is starting to dwindle, but the phone is 3+ years old as well and that's better than any Android phone I've owned. They should be able to get you another.
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

User avatar
gator
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15046
Joined: Fri Apr 11 8:07 am
Location: Downtown MPLS. / Apple Valley
Age: 44

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by gator » Fri Jun 30 2:24 pm

People wearing earbuds while driving and/or working in a job that you deal with the public.

Driving: I think it's unsafe. Regardless if they are in one ear or both. A earbud blocks out more sounds and noises in and surrounding your vehicle more than a radio turned up.

Working: I think it looks very unprofessional. Specially when working with the public. Are you listening to me or your music.
"Sometimes it's fun to poke a stick in a hornets' nest just to hear the buzzing".
- Pat Sajak

"You're the Donald Trump of GPL... #fakenews"
- The Rube (7/1/17) @ Ansari's - Eagan, MN

***
KEEP YOUR STICK ON THE ICE
:trashpc:
The poster formerly known as gatorice

User avatar
gator
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15046
Joined: Fri Apr 11 8:07 am
Location: Downtown MPLS. / Apple Valley
Age: 44

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by gator » Fri Jun 30 3:00 pm

Watching 'Locked Up: Cincinnati" the other night. There was a young 18yr guy in for vehicular manslaughter. He was driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs. He along with two friends got into a accident. Unfortunately his two friends were killed. This young man took a plea deal and pleaded guilty, with the prosecution dropping the fact that he was under the influence of alcohol and drugs. During his sentencing the two families who lost their loved ones got to speak. The first family was very caring, while sad they lost their love one they didn't want to see another life thrown away and lost. The second family was very opposite. They wanted the book thrown at this kid and basically told this kid they will hate him forever. The judge ruled and this young man got 24 months for each death. So 4 years and he'll roughly be out by the time he is 23 years old.

Ok... I'm 100% against drinking and driving... and being under the influence of any drug or drugs while driving.

This is my 'Things That Stick In Your Craw'. While this kid was 100% at fault for what he did. The two other kids who were in the car were under the influence of drugs and alcohol as well. They made the choice to get in that car. There's consequences for all choices in life. Also the family who lost a son and was spewing all the hate. Would that hate still be there if it was their son driving. Or would they be there pleading on their knees for the mercy of the court. As well as anyone else who spews hate at this kid. Can they look anyone in the face and say they have NEVER driven under the influence, they then can cast the stone. Until then be gracious you have never been caught or caused a accident.
"Sometimes it's fun to poke a stick in a hornets' nest just to hear the buzzing".
- Pat Sajak

"You're the Donald Trump of GPL... #fakenews"
- The Rube (7/1/17) @ Ansari's - Eagan, MN

***
KEEP YOUR STICK ON THE ICE
:trashpc:
The poster formerly known as gatorice

SouthTexGopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7626
Joined: Mon Nov 27 9:22 pm

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by SouthTexGopher » Fri Jun 30 4:28 pm

davescharf wrote:
Fri Jun 30 12:41 am
Sounds like you got a clunker. My 5S runs hot once in awhile and the battery life is starting to dwindle, but the phone is 3+ years old as well and that's better than any Android phone I've owned. They should be able to get you another.
Our IT folks agreed with your assessment. Hello, whatever the newest iPhone is right now. It should arrive before the end of next week. :dance:
The world is bigger than Minnesota, kids.

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 18802
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 268 times
Age: 53

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Greyeagle » Fri Jun 30 9:38 pm

SouthTexGopher wrote:
Fri Jun 30 4:28 pm
davescharf wrote:
Fri Jun 30 12:41 am
Sounds like you got a clunker. My 5S runs hot once in awhile and the battery life is starting to dwindle, but the phone is 3+ years old as well and that's better than any Android phone I've owned. They should be able to get you another.
Our IT folks agreed with your assessment. Hello, whatever the newest iPhone is right now. It should arrive before the end of next week. :dance:
I have a 7 for personal and another for work, you will be pleased.
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9774
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 136 times
Age: 44

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Bertogliat » Fri Jun 30 10:30 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Fri Jun 30 9:38 pm
SouthTexGopher wrote:
Fri Jun 30 4:28 pm
davescharf wrote:
Fri Jun 30 12:41 am
Sounds like you got a clunker. My 5S runs hot once in awhile and the battery life is starting to dwindle, but the phone is 3+ years old as well and that's better than any Android phone I've owned. They should be able to get you another.
Our IT folks agreed with your assessment. Hello, whatever the newest iPhone is right now. It should arrive before the end of next week. :dance:
I have a 7 for personal and another for work, you will be pleased.
Yeah, but you're like the owner of 3M.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30365
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 121 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by The Rube » Sat Jul 01 12:33 am

People not letting things go. Had a domestic of sorts, not 5 minutes ago. Rare in my area. Two "bruhs" going at it with words. Then it escalated. I legit feared guns might be pulled, due to some language/slang. Called 911. 3 cops were there within a minute. 2 more within another minute. Looks like they are questioning a lotta folks. Kudos to the cop shop. I've been here 10 years, and maybe 3 or 4 times the cops were called for a non-medical........
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Greyeagle
Moderator
Posts: 18802
Joined: Wed Apr 09 12:12 pm
Location: Capital City
Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 268 times
Age: 53

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Greyeagle » Sat Jul 01 10:12 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Jun 30 10:30 pm
Greyeagle wrote:
Fri Jun 30 9:38 pm
SouthTexGopher wrote:
Fri Jun 30 4:28 pm
davescharf wrote:
Fri Jun 30 12:41 am
Sounds like you got a clunker. My 5S runs hot once in awhile and the battery life is starting to dwindle, but the phone is 3+ years old as well and that's better than any Android phone I've owned. They should be able to get you another.
Our IT folks agreed with your assessment. Hello, whatever the newest iPhone is right now. It should arrive before the end of next week. :dance:
I have a 7 for personal and another for work, you will be pleased.
Yeah, but you're like the owner of 3M.
If Mother Mining is a totem pole I'm the subterranean portion.
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

User avatar
Orion
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Feb 15 7:51 pm
Location: 13.2 miles from Mariucci
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Orion » Sat Jul 01 2:50 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Sat Jul 01 10:12 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Fri Jun 30 10:30 pm
Greyeagle wrote:
Fri Jun 30 9:38 pm
SouthTexGopher wrote:
Fri Jun 30 4:28 pm
davescharf wrote:
Fri Jun 30 12:41 am
Sounds like you got a clunker. My 5S runs hot once in awhile and the battery life is starting to dwindle, but the phone is 3+ years old as well and that's better than any Android phone I've owned. They should be able to get you another.
Our IT folks agreed with your assessment. Hello, whatever the newest iPhone is right now. It should arrive before the end of next week. :dance:
I have a 7 for personal and another for work, you will be pleased.
Yeah, but you're like the owner of 3M.
If Mother Mining is a totem pole I'm the subterranean portion.
So you own the mineral rights?

SouthTexGopher
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7626
Joined: Mon Nov 27 9:22 pm

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by SouthTexGopher » Sat Jul 01 6:24 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Fri Jun 30 9:38 pm
SouthTexGopher wrote:
Fri Jun 30 4:28 pm
davescharf wrote:
Fri Jun 30 12:41 am
Sounds like you got a clunker. My 5S runs hot once in awhile and the battery life is starting to dwindle, but the phone is 3+ years old as well and that's better than any Android phone I've owned. They should be able to get you another.
Our IT folks agreed with your assessment. Hello, whatever the newest iPhone is right now. It should arrive before the end of next week. :dance:
I have a 7 for personal and another for work, you will be pleased.
I need it!

I probably trashed this thing between texting and lawyer calls over the last few months.
The world is bigger than Minnesota, kids.

User avatar
gopher wes
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7373
Joined: Mon Nov 06 7:29 pm
Location: Champlin
Has liked: 151 times
Been liked: 1 time
Age: 32
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by gopher wes » Sat Jul 01 8:11 pm

gopher wes wrote:
Sat Jul 01 8:08 pm
Cut down a bunch of tree branches today. Filled my truck and took a load to the yard waste place. Came back for the second load and was really full. A truck drove by, stopped at the corner, and backed up to help us because he had some brush and branches too but his truck wasn't full. I thought that was a very nice thing to do.
The only 'bad' part is the guy that stopped had a Packers sticker on his truck. Packers fans aren't supposed to be nice.... :lol:

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7011
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Jul 01 9:37 pm

The Rube wrote:
Sat Jul 01 12:33 am
People not letting things go. Had a domestic of sorts, not 5 minutes ago. Rare in my area. Two "bruhs" going at it with words. Then it escalated. I legit feared guns might be pulled, due to some language/slang. Called 911. 3 cops were there within a minute. 2 more within another minute. Looks like they are questioning a lotta folks. Kudos to the cop shop. I've been here 10 years, and maybe 3 or 4 times the cops were called for a non-medical........
Snitches get stitches
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
sec 16 row16 seat 16 17
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5287
Joined: Mon Jan 31 3:07 pm
Location: patroling the blueline
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 7 times
Age: 59

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 » Sat Jul 01 10:02 pm

fire works that wake you up at late at night

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7011
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Jul 01 10:45 pm

sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 wrote:
Sat Jul 01 10:02 pm
fire works that wake you up at late at night
You're complaining about 10PM fireworks on a Saturday night?
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
sec 16 row16 seat 16 17
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5287
Joined: Mon Jan 31 3:07 pm
Location: patroling the blueline
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 7 times
Age: 59

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 » Sat Jul 01 10:48 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Sat Jul 01 10:45 pm
sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 wrote:
Sat Jul 01 10:02 pm
fire works that wake you up at late at night
You're complaining about 10PM fireworks on a Saturday night?
the jokers who do it after midnight

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 7011
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Bigbeer » Sat Jul 01 11:06 pm

sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 wrote:
Sat Jul 01 10:48 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Sat Jul 01 10:45 pm
sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 wrote:
Sat Jul 01 10:02 pm
fire works that wake you up at late at night
You're complaining about 10PM fireworks on a Saturday night?
the jokers who do it after midnight
F'n jokers...
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6907
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 177 times
Age: 32

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Jul 01 11:36 pm

sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 wrote:
Sat Jul 01 10:48 pm
Bigbeer wrote:
Sat Jul 01 10:45 pm
sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 wrote:
Sat Jul 01 10:02 pm
fire works that wake you up at late at night
You're complaining about 10PM fireworks on a Saturday night?
the jokers who do it after midnight
The jokers who do it every night. For two weeks before and after the fourth. Fireworks (at least by private residences) should be allowed the Fourth of July only. They are a complete nuisance every other night of the year.

User avatar
gator
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15046
Joined: Fri Apr 11 8:07 am
Location: Downtown MPLS. / Apple Valley
Age: 44

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by gator » Sun Jul 02 12:08 am

Boxing is not a sport… What a joke.
"Sometimes it's fun to poke a stick in a hornets' nest just to hear the buzzing".
- Pat Sajak

"You're the Donald Trump of GPL... #fakenews"
- The Rube (7/1/17) @ Ansari's - Eagan, MN

***
KEEP YOUR STICK ON THE ICE
:trashpc:
The poster formerly known as gatorice

User avatar
Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5136
Joined: Tue Mar 06 2:20 am
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 30 times
Age: 33

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Snowcool08 » Sun Jul 02 12:29 am

gator wrote:
Sun Jul 02 12:08 am
Boxing is not a sport… What a joke.
I despise Stephen A Smith, but he is on fire tonight. He is livid at this result and wants to hold someone responsible. He wants answers and no one is giving it to him.

User avatar
gator
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15046
Joined: Fri Apr 11 8:07 am
Location: Downtown MPLS. / Apple Valley
Age: 44

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by gator » Sun Jul 02 12:45 am

Snowcool08 wrote:
Sun Jul 02 12:29 am
gator wrote:
Sun Jul 02 12:08 am
Boxing is not a sport… What a joke.
I despise Stephen A Smith, but he is on fire tonight. He is livid at this result and wants to hold someone responsible. He wants answers and no one is giving it to him.

Pacquiao overwhelmingly wins 7 if not 8 of the 12 rounds. And the judges give the fight to Horn.
Boxing is like winning a 12 round fight, but having your 3 worst enemies judge the fight. Just proves boxing is not a sports, but a completion based on judges.
"Sometimes it's fun to poke a stick in a hornets' nest just to hear the buzzing".
- Pat Sajak

"You're the Donald Trump of GPL... #fakenews"
- The Rube (7/1/17) @ Ansari's - Eagan, MN

***
KEEP YOUR STICK ON THE ICE
:trashpc:
The poster formerly known as gatorice

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30365
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 121 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by The Rube » Sun Jul 02 12:48 am

That fight was fixed. Vegas wants the PPV rematch.

And as far as that 911 call, someone on the first floor walked out, and said "Someone better call the cops." I was having a cig on the deck, and said, "It's already been done." Come at me, bruh. ;)
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
dryfly
Veteran
Posts: 14473
Joined: Sat Apr 26 12:13 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by dryfly » Sun Jul 02 9:44 am

The Rube wrote:
Sun Jul 02 12:48 am
And as far as that 911 call, someone on the first floor walked out, and said "Someone better call the cops." I was having a cig on the deck, and said, "It's already been done." Come at me, bruh. ;)
You did the right thing. Besides I doubt they even learn it was you - when that out in the open it could be multiple simultaneous call ins. Apartments aren't bulletproof. People all know that.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 30365
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 121 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by The Rube » Sun Jul 02 10:31 am

dryfly wrote:
Sun Jul 02 9:44 am
The Rube wrote:
Sun Jul 02 12:48 am
And as far as that 911 call, someone on the first floor walked out, and said "Someone better call the cops." I was having a cig on the deck, and said, "It's already been done." Come at me, bruh. ;)
You did the right thing. Besides I doubt they even learn it was you - when that out in the open it could be multiple simultaneous call ins. Apartments aren't bulletproof. People all know that.
It started out as a normal bro-down, so whatever. When it escalated enough, THAT'S when I thought....oh sh*.....yeah, better call.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
gator
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15046
Joined: Fri Apr 11 8:07 am
Location: Downtown MPLS. / Apple Valley
Age: 44

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by gator » Sun Jul 02 11:47 am

The Rube wrote:
Sun Jul 02 12:48 am
That fight was fixed. Vegas wants the PPV rematch
I guess that is what boxing wants. Have a big fight on cable tv, dangle the bait for a PPV rematch. I'm not biting. And I would bet 80% plus of the people watching the fight last night on tv won't either. It's just another black eye for the sport.
"Sometimes it's fun to poke a stick in a hornets' nest just to hear the buzzing".
- Pat Sajak

"You're the Donald Trump of GPL... #fakenews"
- The Rube (7/1/17) @ Ansari's - Eagan, MN

***
KEEP YOUR STICK ON THE ICE
:trashpc:
The poster formerly known as gatorice

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6907
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 177 times
Age: 32

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Jul 02 11:51 am

gator wrote:
Sun Jul 02 11:47 am
The Rube wrote:
Sun Jul 02 12:48 am
That fight was fixed. Vegas wants the PPV rematch
I guess that is what boxing wants. Have a big fight on cable tv, dangle the bait for a PPV rematch. I'm not biting. And I would bet 80% plus of the people watching the fight last night on tv won't either. It's just another black eye for the sport.
You just said it wasn't a sport....

Post Reply