Things That Stick In Your Craw

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.
Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 137 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Bladepuller » Thu May 07 9:57 pm

This sticks in my craw.
Common sense isn't very common anymore.
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 499 times

Post by Cowgirl » Thu May 07 10:00 pm

The Rube wrote:
Thu May 07 9:47 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Thu May 07 8:50 pm
I would think it is common sense if land isn’t yours (and Is not obviously public) you stay off of it.
You lost me here. :wink:
Well, then you fit right in with most of the human population these days.

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 215 times
Been liked: 261 times

Post by The Rube » Thu May 07 10:16 pm

There was a wink for a reason. I'm with ya, sister. The lack of common sense these days, and not just during this shutdown, I'm talking about stuff you should have learned by the time you were 5, and given the benefit of the doubt, by the time you were an adult......hooboy.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 147 times

Post by MNGophers29 » Thu May 07 11:37 pm

Bladepuller wrote:
Thu May 07 9:57 pm
This sticks in my craw.
Common sense isn't very common anymore.
I took the liberty of renaming it “unique sense” years ago and it has stuck with those around me.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

Goldy Guy
Rookie
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Goldy Guy » Fri May 08 12:05 am

Wow. Just wow
Yay You!

Norm
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 124 times

Post by Norm » Sat May 09 8:47 pm

We were going to use our gas grill for the first time since last fall. Opened the lid, it had a huge mouse nest inside, and a mouse climbed out with six babies attached to nipples. Yuck!
This also happened 2 years ago. That winter we had tarped it so this year we decided to not tarp it thinking they wouldn't go in it uncovered and outside.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 363 times

Post by Bertogliat » Sun May 10 6:11 am

Norm wrote:
Sat May 09 8:47 pm
We were going to use our gas grill for the first time since last fall. Opened the lid, it had a huge mouse nest inside, and a mouse climbed out with six babies attached to nipples. Yuck!
This also happened 2 years ago. That winter we had tarped it so this year we decided to not tarp it thinking they wouldn't go in it uncovered and outside.
How’d they taste?

george
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by george » Sun May 10 9:28 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Sun May 10 6:11 am
Norm wrote:
How’d they taste?
Sauce or dry rub?

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Sun May 10 2:57 pm

That’s why you use your gas grill all winter!. If you don’t grill in the winter, get charcoal so you have an excuse to have a couple beers while waiting for the briquettes to be ready!
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

george
Golden
Golden

Post by george » Tue May 12 11:48 am

We had a Robin build a nest again on top of our electrical meter/service box which is under our screen porch. The mama laid 4 eggs and has been very protective of it for a while. She was upset with me yesterday late morning when I went out to uncover plants. By evening she was gone and so were the eggs. Some egg stealing critter got to them. Was looking forward to watching the hatchlings grow up. :(

fightclub30
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 51 times

Post by fightclub30 » Tue May 12 12:22 pm

Norm wrote:
Gas or propane? I've never had that problem with my propane grill, but I also use it at least every other week during the winter.

My dad's natural gas grill has this problem frequently with rodents. I am guessing they like the warmth of the pilot? But he also rarely, if ever, uses his grill in the winter.

Norm
Golden
Golden

Post by Norm » Tue May 12 12:51 pm

fightclub30 wrote:
Tue May 12 12:22 pm
Norm wrote:
Gas or propane? I've never had that problem with my propane grill, but I also use it at least every other week during the winter.

My dad's natural gas grill has this problem frequently with rodents. I am guessing they like the warmth of the pilot? But he also rarely, if ever, uses his grill in the winter.
Propane. But we rarely use in winter because there's usually a 4 foot snowbank between our back door and the grill.

Zwak
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 158 times

Post by Zwak » Tue May 12 1:01 pm

fightclub30 wrote:
Tue May 12 12:22 pm
Norm wrote:

We have a propane grill that we keep outside covered throughout the winter. Have never found a nest of any kind but have found rodent droppings. We don't use the grill in the winter as it snowbound. Worst thing about the winter on our grill is that the grill cover takes a beating by both critters and the elements. This coming winter I am going to buy a cheap tarp and use that to cover the grill and keep the actual grill cover inside.
GPL's official source of trivia.

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by D2D » Tue May 12 9:44 pm

Critters got under my tarp two winters ago and for whatever reason chewed the rubber covering and surrounding the push button that ignites the grill. That button no longer works but I am able to light it manually using a long-handled lighter. Could also use a new grill cover as the original is showing lots of wear after 5 or so seasons.
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue May 12 10:48 pm

D2D wrote:
Tue May 12 9:44 pm
Critters got under my tarp two winters ago and for whatever reason chewed the rubber covering and surrounding the push button that ignites the grill. That button no longer works but I am able to light it manually using a long-handled lighter. Could also use a new grill cover as the original is showing lots of wear after 5 or so seasons.
I am getting Amazon deliveries almost daily as I find little nuisance things like this to fix. I can have something ordered in less than a minute. Anything that annoys me gets a fix.

The cable that holds open the kills switch on my old gas mower was frayed. 3 days later...brand new. My printer wasn’t working well over WiFi using VPN....hard wired in a day.

I am definitely getting my money’s worth out of our Prime membership.

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Wed May 13 7:24 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue May 12 10:48 pm
D2D wrote:
Tue May 12 9:44 pm
I am getting Amazon deliveries almost daily as I find little nuisance things like this to fix. I can have something ordered in less than a minute. Anything that annoys me gets a fix.

The cable that holds open the kills switch on my old gas mower was frayed. 3 days later...brand new. My printer wasn’t working well over WiFi using VPN....hard wired in a day.

I am definitely getting my money’s worth out of our Prime membership.
The amount of crap I have ordered in the last 10 weeks has been nuts. I am the same way, see something I need, I order it. Video conference calls for work don’t help either. Yesterday I bought a backup camera for my truck while sitting on one.
Doug Woog - 1990

HockeyBum
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by HockeyBum » Fri May 15 8:08 am

I came into work today, only to discover that I wasn't supposed to be here today. Back in February, I had put in vacation requests for 4 Fridays this summer for my son's baseball tournaments. The first tournament was supposed to be this weekend.

I feel bad for my kids and all of the things they will be missing out on this year. They're only at this age once.

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Fri May 15 8:39 am

HockeyBum wrote:
Fri May 15 8:08 am
I came into work today, only to discover that I wasn't supposed to be here today. Back in February, I had put in vacation requests for 4 Fridays this summer for my son's baseball tournaments. The first tournament was supposed to be this weekend.

I feel bad for my kids and all of the things they will be missing out on this year. They're only at this age once.
I walk by the local baseball fields on my walk everyday. The city is keeping the fields up and they look great, but they are empty. As a father who had three boys who played ball I can imagine how bad those kids want to play.

team22tank
Veteran
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by team22tank » Fri May 15 8:47 am

Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Fri May 15 8:39 am
HockeyBum wrote:

I walk by the local baseball fields on my walk everyday. The city is keeping the fields up and they look great, but they are empty. As a father who had three boys who played ball I can imagine how bad those kids want to play.
It’s a shame. Should be out getting exercise, being outdoors, around peers.

D2D
Veteran

Post by D2D » Fri May 15 11:32 am

team22tank wrote:
Fri May 15 8:47 am
It’s a shame. Should be out getting exercise, being outdoors, around peers.
We've had a lot of turnover in our neighborhood, with young families with kids moving in. So good to see them all outside playing all kinds of different things in our cul-de-sac every day, having fun in the great outdoors. Reminds me of when I was a kid, except to say back then we were at a baseball field several blocks away and our parents didn't have to worry about us!

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 93 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Fri May 15 12:19 pm

Grovetown Scotty wrote:
HockeyBum wrote:

I run by fields almost every day. Most days there is a group of 2-3 kids taking batting practice. It’s sad knowing they won’t get to play in any real games this year, but they’ll still remember the times with their friends at the field.

eHo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by eHo » Fri May 15 12:53 pm

Snowcool08 wrote:
Fri May 15 12:19 pm
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
HockeyBum wrote:

I run by fields almost every day. Most days there is a group of 2-3 kids taking batting practice. It’s sad knowing they won’t get to play in any real games this year, but they’ll still remember the times with their friends at the field.
MYAS, MBL and a girls softball governing org (can't remember the name) are teaming up and have a proposal with the Gov. to allow for baseball and softball this summer, so there is still some hope. Some associations have already cancelled In-house baseball (Prior Lake and Woodbury) and Eden Prairie cancelled their Travel baseball as well.

HockeyBum
Golden
Golden

Post by HockeyBum » Fri May 15 1:16 pm

eHo wrote:
Fri May 15 12:53 pm
MYAS, MBL and a girls softball governing org (can't remember the name) are teaming up and have a proposal with the Gov. to allow for baseball and softball this summer, so there is still some hope. Some associations have already cancelled In-house baseball (Prior Lake and Woodbury) and Eden Prairie cancelled their Travel baseball as well.
My son plays on a team in the MYAS organization. There is still hope of playing this summer, but with each passing day with no news, I'm growing more pessimistic. In a typical year, the season would be almost half over by the end of May. I just don't know how they would be able to pull it off at this point.

Hopefully I'm wrong. I've been going to the park to practice with him almost every day (just him and I), but for the last week or so I can tell he's not really into it. I think he can see the writing on the wall.

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Fri May 15 3:55 pm

HockeyBum wrote:
Fri May 15 1:16 pm
eHo wrote:
My son plays on a team in the MYAS organization. There is still hope of playing this summer, but with each passing day with no news, I'm growing more pessimistic. In a typical year, the season would be almost half over by the end of May. I just don't know how they would be able to pull it off at this point.

Hopefully I'm wrong. I've been going to the park to practice with him almost every day (just him and I), but for the last week or so I can tell he's not really into it. I think he can see the writing on the wall.
I’m sure liability is an issue here.

Maize
Veteran
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Maize » Fri May 15 4:18 pm

eHo wrote:

The proposal is to allow play to begin June 1st. That would at least give something, but there are a ton of logistics to work out. I can't imagine being able to do anything in a safe sort of way with younger age groups.

Armadillo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by Armadillo » Sat May 16 12:11 am

GPL Unofficial Puck-to-the-Head Expert since 2006.

"If it was gravy or death, I'd eat it off of Rosie O'Donnell's asscrack. You can print that." -The Rube

Have a question about comas? Ask me, I've been in one!

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat May 16 12:15 am

This is the short version of 2020, there is a longer version circulating on FB:

MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 416 times

Post by Slap Shot » Sat May 16 2:27 am

Currently under construction.

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Sat May 16 10:34 am

Maize wrote:
Fri May 15 4:18 pm
eHo wrote:

The proposal is to allow play to begin June 1st. That would at least give something, but there are a ton of logistics to work out. I can't imagine being able to do anything in a safe sort of way with younger age groups.
Yup to risky with the Murder Bees out West.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 198 times

Post by Bonin21 » Sat May 16 10:39 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Sat May 16 2:27 am
I made it to a clearly incorrect temperature conversion... He just converted 1 degree to F, not what the difference would be in F.
Loserville, USA
108 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Composer
Veteran
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Composer » Sat May 16 10:52 am

team22tank wrote:
Sat May 16 10:34 am
Maize wrote:
eHo wrote:

They'll bite off your head!

davescharf
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 136 times

Post by davescharf » Sat May 16 1:34 pm

Composer wrote:
Sat May 16 10:52 am
team22tank wrote:
Sat May 16 10:34 am
Maize wrote:
eHo wrote:

They'll bite off your head!
They'll rip your lungs out Jim
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

JC65
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 36 times

Post by JC65 » Sat May 16 1:37 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
... so far.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat May 16 3:06 pm

JC65 wrote:
Sat May 16 1:37 pm
Slap Shot wrote:
... so far.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Wed May 20 3:44 pm

HockeyBum wrote:
Fri May 15 1:16 pm
eHo wrote:

Doesn’t look good for kids playing ball this summer. These people are afraid of their own shadow.

HockeyBum
Golden
Golden

Post by HockeyBum » Wed May 20 4:16 pm

Grovetown Scotty wrote:
Wed May 20 3:44 pm
Doesn’t look good for kids playing ball this summer. These people are afraid of their own shadow.
I listened to the press conference this afternoon and was thinking the same thing. They didn't rule it out, but I think the baseball season is going to run out of time waiting for an answer. :ddown:

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Wed May 20 4:50 pm

HockeyBum wrote:
Wed May 20 4:16 pm
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
I listened to the press conference this afternoon and was thinking the same thing. They didn't rule it out, but I think the baseball season is going to run out of time waiting for an answer. :ddown:
The National Sports Center cancelled all field and ice tournaments through July.

Of course we moved our vacation from Mid July to Mid June to avoid conflicts JUST YESTERDAY! :x

team22tank
Veteran

Post by team22tank » Wed May 20 6:27 pm

When is the State Fair going down?

Composer
Veteran
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Composer » Wed May 20 6:30 pm

Soon

Handyman
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by Handyman » Thu May 21 12:21 am

Good.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

Bigbeer
Veteran
Has liked: 126 times

Post by Bigbeer » Thu May 21 12:26 am

Then will come the parade of people decrying how awful it is that the wonderful MN State Fair is going to happen...boo hoo!

No big loss.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

Greyeagle
Has liked: 981 times
Been liked: 665 times

Post by Greyeagle » Thu May 21 7:05 am

team22tank wrote:
Wed May 20 6:27 pm
When is the State Fair going down?
Just heard a radio report that the Fair's board is meeting Friday morning so expect an announcement sometime tomorrow.
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

Norm
Golden
Golden

Post by Norm » Thu May 21 9:50 am

With so many county fairs already called off, I think the State Fair is a foregone conclusion.

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 247 times
Been liked: 123 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Thu May 21 10:27 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Wed May 20 4:50 pm
HockeyBum wrote:
Grovetown Scotty wrote:
The National Sports Center cancelled all field and ice tournaments through July.

Of course we moved our vacation from Mid July to Mid June to avoid conflicts JUST YESTERDAY! :x
Don’t be surprised to see some prominent youth hockey summer tourneys moved to Fargo or Hudson/Somerset

Zwak
Golden
Golden

Post by Zwak » Thu May 21 10:41 am

Norm wrote:
Thu May 21 9:50 am
With so many county fairs already called off, I think the State Fair is a foregone conclusion.
Like someone said on Twitter, if restaurants can only have a maximum of fifty people outside starting June 1, it will be quite a leap to allow 100k - 200k people outside per day starting just under 3 months later.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Thu May 21 2:40 pm

Both of my kids are in elementary school and they don’t use the terms english, math, science. Instead they use Wonders, Bridges, Number Corner, and Explorations (which is more social studies than science).

When I ask my kids whAt they have left to work on and they tell me “WonderS” I just shake my head.

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Thu May 21 2:43 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Thu May 21 2:40 pm
Both of my kids are in elementary school and they don’t use the terms english, math, science. Instead they use Wonders, Bridges, Number Corner, and Explorations (which is more social studies than science).

When I ask my kids whAt they have left to work on and they tell me “WonderS” I just shake my head.
Hopefully they get all flowers & sunny days for grades! :mrgreen:

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Thu May 21 2:52 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Thu May 21 10:27 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Wed May 20 4:50 pm
HockeyBum wrote:
Grovetown Scotty wrote:

Don’t be surprised to see some prominent youth hockey summer tourneys moved to Fargo or Hudson/Somerset
It’s already happened, but ice is a premium. Only 2 rinks are currently open and they are booked up. I am coaching in the 2008 version of the Lamoureux Cup normally held in Detroit Lakes. They moved the 07/09 version to Fargo the weekend after next and pushed the 08/10 one back into late July and have ice reserved in Fargo if it doesn’t fly in MN.

I am just pissed I agreed to it as I am against hockey in the summer, but I did it when I was certain there wouldn’t be a baseball season in ND and we had already missed our spring stuff.
Doug Woog - 1990

Norm
Golden
Golden

Post by Norm » Thu May 21 3:38 pm

The My Pillow Guy is driving me nuts. No matter what channel I put on, he's there.

Handyman
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by Handyman » Thu May 21 3:43 pm

Zwak wrote:
Thu May 21 10:41 am
Norm wrote:
Like someone said on Twitter, if restaurants can only have a maximum of fifty people outside starting June 1, it will be quite a leap to allow 100k - 200k people outside per day starting just under 3 months later.
And anyone who has worked at the Fair (I have) will tell you that it is near impossible they could keep the place sanitized well enough to cause a massive outbreak.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

Zwak
Golden
Golden

Post by Zwak » Thu May 21 4:52 pm

Handyman wrote:
Thu May 21 3:43 pm
Zwak wrote:
Norm wrote:
And anyone who has worked at the Fair (I have) will tell you that it is near impossible they could keep the place sanitized well enough to cause a massive outbreak.
VERY good point. So many things that get touched.

Grovetown Scotty
Veteran

Post by Grovetown Scotty » Thu May 21 5:14 pm

The State Fair won't even be in the top ten things I will miss this summer.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Thu May 21 9:40 pm

I'll greatly miss the Fair, but it has to be cancelled. Don't care that it's outdoors, you can't really enforce a limit on attendance, too many holes in security to keep people from sneaking in, all of the touching of things, etc.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

george
Golden
Golden

Post by george » Fri May 22 6:44 am

Zwak wrote:
Thu May 21 4:52 pm
Handyman wrote:
Zwak wrote:
Norm wrote:
And the CDC recently noted that the virus does NOT appear to be spread by surface contact. :roll:

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Fri May 22 7:17 am

george wrote:
Fri May 22 6:44 am
Zwak wrote:
Thu May 21 4:52 pm
Handyman wrote:
Zwak wrote:
Norm wrote:
And the CDC recently noted that the virus does NOT appear to be spread by surface contact. :roll:
That is not entirely accurate. The CDC says that the main rout of spread through person to person contact and that is doesn’t spread “easily” via contact of surfaces.

They still say “The main way to prevent infection is to practice social distancing and staying at least 6 feet away from others, washing your hands with soap and water, and cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched areas.”
D5666AF6-B020-4A8E-8C48-64145B06D723.jpeg

Karlsson
Veteran
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 206 times

Post by Karlsson » Fri May 22 11:29 am

It's official, there will be no 2020 Minnesota State Fair.

D2D
Veteran

Post by D2D » Fri May 22 11:59 am

Karlsson wrote:
Fri May 22 11:29 am
"The fair was last canceled in 1946 because of the polio epidemic."
(never would have guessed this)

Zwak
Golden
Golden

Post by Zwak » Fri May 22 1:25 pm

D2D wrote:
Fri May 22 11:59 am
Karlsson wrote:
The State Fair has some answers to questions relating to their decision. They state the case very well as to why they had to cancel.

https://www.mnstatefair.org/answers/

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 295 times

Post by frozen4champs » Fri May 22 4:35 pm

Zwak wrote:
Fri May 22 1:25 pm
D2D wrote:
Fri May 22 11:59 am
Karlsson wrote:
The State Fair has some answers to questions relating to their decision. They state the case very well as to why they had to cancel.

https://www.mnstatefair.org/answers/
That is a shame. For many, including me, it was a long standing tradition. We have lost pretty much every vacation this year. Detroit for FF, and we just cancelled Nashville. Going to be a long summer.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Fri May 22 7:41 pm

Was discussing this with some friends earlier today but I don’t understand why anyone should really need explanation on why canceling the fair is the right thing to do.

The opening of more places has given too many people a false sense that their risk of catching/spreading the virus is any less than it has been for the last two months.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri May 22 8:43 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri May 22 7:41 pm
Was discussing this with some friends earlier today but I don’t understand why anyone should really need explanation on why canceling the fair is the right thing to do.

The opening of more places has given too many people a false sense that their risk of catching/spreading the virus is any less than it has been for the last two months.
I hate it, but I also understand why it had to be done, and why it should have been done.

What people want, and what should happen, are two completely different things, much of the time.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 93 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Fri May 22 9:17 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri May 22 7:41 pm

Unfortunately, common sense isn’t so common anymore.

Karlsson
Veteran

Post by Karlsson » Thu May 28 8:47 am

I think it'd be a good idea for the mods to squash this convo now

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Thu May 28 11:52 pm

Karlsson wrote:
Thu May 28 8:47 am
It’s been 6 days since the last comment and you want it squashed? Seriously...
Doug Woog - 1990

MATT
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by MATT » Fri May 29 12:01 am

MNGophers29 wrote:
Thu May 28 11:52 pm
Karlsson wrote:
The comments from today above theirs were deleted...

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Fri May 29 12:38 am

MATT wrote:
Fri May 29 12:01 am
MNGophers29 wrote:
Karlsson wrote:
Oh crap, got it. Didn’t see those and I totally support that. Thanks for the heads up!
Doug Woog - 1990

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Fri May 29 7:11 am

MNGophers29 wrote:
Fri May 29 12:38 am
MATT wrote:
Fri May 29 12:01 am
MNGophers29 wrote:
Karlsson wrote:
Oh crap, got it. Didn’t see those and I totally support that. Thanks for the heads up!
No worries....no way you could have known. :)

Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 137 times

Post by Bladepuller » Fri May 29 8:16 am

I knew since my comment about getting in before the ban hammer seemed to have vanished .
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

Karlsson
Veteran

Post by Karlsson » Fri May 29 5:35 pm

People/places that say, "Join us at 8:30pm CST!" during, well, most of the year. Such as right now. I know they mean 8:30pm, but I just can't help myself from responding with, "So, 9:30pm then?"

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Fri May 29 7:21 pm

We have a curfew in Dakota county starting at 8pm tonight. And I was all set to avoid covid and go to Cub late this evening.

2020 gets more surreal by the minute.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri May 29 7:24 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri May 29 7:21 pm
We have a curfew in Dakota county starting at 8pm tonight. And I was all set to avoid covid and go to Cub late this evening.

Cities of Roseville, Bloomington and Maple Grove and in the Twin Cities metro area and Dakota County will also impose overnight curfews

TheRube33 on UnTappd

davescharf
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 136 times

Post by davescharf » Fri May 29 8:00 pm

Edina does too. Someone better warn George before he parties the night away
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Fri May 29 9:19 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri May 29 7:21 pm

Amen sistah!

george
Golden
Golden

Post by george » Fri May 29 9:33 pm

davescharf wrote:
Fri May 29 8:00 pm
Edina does too. Someone better warn George before he parties the night away
If the Southdale Target is closed, there's no reason to go out anyway.

HockeyBum
Golden
Golden

Post by HockeyBum » Fri May 29 9:59 pm

I just drove by the Target near my house. It's all boarded up like a hurricane is coming. Surreal.

With so many bad things happening all at once, 2020 feels very 1968-ish.