Things That Stick In Your Craw

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.
ex_goldy
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by ex_goldy » Mon Nov 18 2:50 pm

Hockey tryouts for my son. Probably applies to all youth sports. The annual realization that they don’t reward the hard working kids, just use last years rosters to decide teams.

Handyman
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 265 times
Been liked: 326 times

Post by Handyman » Mon Nov 18 3:41 pm

streakygopher wrote:
Sun Nov 17 10:28 pm
Handyman wrote:
Fri Sep 13 10:00 pm
Eh I dont care. It is not my job to tell people how to honor their country or their flag. As long as they dont interfere with how I do it I cant be bothered. It is the same with whether people take their hat off or not.

For the record I would stop and be silent and I take off my hat but I only care about what I do.
Says the guy who constantly interprets, harps about or otherwise questions fan behavior relating to their teams. :lol:
I mock people constantly over Fandom because sports don't matter. I won't tell someone how they should honor the flag or this country. Not even close to the same thing.

Keep trying...
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

davescharf
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by davescharf » Mon Nov 18 7:10 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Mon Nov 18 12:39 pm
Once something is on the web, it is there forever.

You could rickroll someone easily from here has you picked Together Forever ;)
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 224 times

Post by Beauner » Wed Nov 20 1:53 pm

My new fridge (installed 60 days ago) is already not refrigerating.
The freezer works. The fridge does not.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 169 times

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Nov 20 2:20 pm

Beauner wrote:
Wed Nov 20 1:53 pm
Refrigerators can be very expensive. Our refrigerator died a few months after we moved into this house (it was about 7 years old). The cost of the fridge we bought to replace it still bothers me. It had better not die before my kids are in college.

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Wed Nov 20 5:49 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Wed Nov 20 2:20 pm
Beauner wrote:
Refrigerators can be very expensive. Our refrigerator died a few months after we moved into this house (it was about 7 years old). The cost of the fridge we bought to replace it still bothers me. It had better not die before my kids are in college.
I saw a couple models that were like 10-15,000. That was insane. What would a $15,000 fridge do?? Fix itself?

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by MNGophers29 » Wed Nov 20 6:37 pm

Lifespan of most appliances these days is less than 10 years. Refrigerators is a little more at 13 years. No longer will you find harvest gold and avocado green appliances that last 30 years. That being said, most appliances fail within the first 1-3 years (IMO) so extended warranties can be worth it since the manufacturer's warranty is 1 year.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 218 times

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Nov 20 8:21 pm

When I get amazon deliveries, they often send a photo of where they left the package. Today I get one showing the package next to the garbage can, but the photo is taken at least 20 feet away, and the angle of the photo is taken such that I can see the roof of the dually pickup truck that sits in front of the house. Mind you the top of the cab is over six foot high and the top of the cab is clearly well below the level of where the photo is taken.

Sure enough, there are scuffs and smears on the hood and windshield where the person climbed up on it.

WTF is wrong with people?

GoldenRube
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 2 times

Post by GoldenRube » Wed Nov 20 8:35 pm

Beauner wrote:
Is it a side by side with a freezer drawer on the bottom? I had the same issue and it turned out that the gasket in between the two fridge doors wasn't rotating in to place and not sealing. Simple fix if so.
No matter how badass you are, if a toddler hands you a ringing toy phone you answer it.

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 139 times

Post by The Rube » Wed Nov 20 9:11 pm

Apparently they repainted an apt on my floor. The hallways are unbearable with the smell. And now the smell is seeping into my apartment. OPEN THE FRIGGIN' WINDOWS next time.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Wed Nov 20 10:31 pm

GoldenRube wrote:
Wed Nov 20 8:35 pm
Beauner wrote:
Is it a side by side with a freezer drawer on the bottom? I had the same issue and it turned out that the gasket in between the two fridge doors wasn't rotating in to place and not sealing. Simple fix if so.
Freezer is on top.

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Wed Nov 20 10:56 pm

The Rube wrote:
Wed Nov 20 9:11 pm
Apparently they repainted an apt on my floor. The hallways are unbearable with the smell. And now the smell is seeping into my apartment. OPEN THE FRIGGIN' WINDOWS next time.
Boy, I would ask what kind of paint they used. Sensitive nose or not, not many paints these days overwhelm with smell.
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed Nov 20 10:58 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Wed Nov 20 10:56 pm
The Rube wrote:
Wed Nov 20 9:11 pm
Boy, I would ask what kind of paint they used. Sensitive nose or not, not many paints these days overwhelm with smell.
It's horrid. I am familiar with chemical cleaner smells, I have worked with them many a year. this is paint. They just didn't open the windows. At all.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

george
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by george » Fri Nov 22 10:04 pm

Wife and I went to Crave in EP mall tonight and the bill had a small change added for "Employee Benefits Fee". First I ever saw that. I wrote off to the side calculated tip and minus that charge and that's what I tipped.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri Nov 22 10:08 pm

george wrote:
Fri Nov 22 10:04 pm
Wife and I went to Crave in EP mall tonight and the bill had a small change added for "Employee Benefits Fee". First I ever saw that. I wrote off to the side calculated tip and minus that charge and that's what I tipped.
Pub 819 in Hopkins adds that, also. It's to cover insurance/new min wage fee or something.

I don't mind it at 819, since:
I go every Sunday for brunch/lunch, and therefore:
my bartender doesn't charge me for the one beer I have.
Haven't been charged since around May.
:D

TheRube33 on UnTappd

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Fri Nov 22 10:20 pm

george wrote:
More and more places are doing this. Restaurants can’t raise their prices enough to cover it so they add it after as a fee. We’ve been a few places where they are very clear on that before they take a drink order.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Fri Nov 22 10:21 pm

davescharf wrote:
Fri Nov 22 10:20 pm
george wrote:
More and more places are doing this. Restaurants can’t raise their prices enough to cover it so they add it after as a fee. We’ve been a few places where they are very clear on that before they take a drink order.
Similar to the "delivery fee" you see on pizza orders now.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Steve MN » Sat Nov 23 7:54 am

davescharf wrote:
george wrote:
Basically yes. If minimum wage/benefit requirements go up, the price will get passed to the consumer. It may be direct price increases, or added fees, but the business (especially a restaurant/bar, where margins are generally somewhat thin to begin with) are NOT going to just be eating that additional cost.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sat Nov 23 8:02 pm

The Rube wrote:
Fri Nov 22 10:21 pm
davescharf wrote:
george wrote:
Similar to the "delivery fee" you see on pizza orders now.
Delivery fee has been around for 5-6 years at least.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Dec 01 6:17 pm

I have spent several hours today trying to backup my pictures and music from my iPhone onto a flash drive/CD respectively. For some reason my videos won’t save and just crash windows. It worked better on my old laptop than my new much newer desktop just to get the pictures transferred.
Currently I’m working on my iTunes. This is another several hour project. For whatever reason it can never just copy everything smoothly between the phone and computer. Several songs now don’t work, and several more went missing from my playlists, even though they are in the database somewhere. I only do this about once a year because it is such a giant pain in the ass. Yeah I’m old school and like to have my pictures and music backed up to disc, but geez, I thought technology was supposed to make your life easier.

And now my computer is frozen burning a disc and my printer isn’t printing right. I give up!!

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Dec 01 7:00 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Sun Dec 01 6:17 pm
I have spent several hours today trying to backup my pictures and music from my iPhone onto a flash drive/CD respectively. For some reason my videos won’t save and just crash windows. It worked better on my old laptop than my new much newer desktop just to get the pictures transferred.
Currently I’m working on my iTunes. This is another several hour project. For whatever reason it can never just copy everything smoothly between the phone and computer. Several songs now don’t work, and several more went missing from my playlists, even though they are in the database somewhere. I only do this about once a year because it is such a giant pain in the ass. Yeah I’m old school and like to have my pictures and music backed up to disc, but geez, I thought technology was supposed to make your life easier.

And now my computer is frozen burning a disc and my printer isn’t printing right. I give up!!
The Borg (Apple) want you assimilated to the Cloud 😉

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Dec 01 7:16 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Dec 01 7:00 pm
Cowgirl wrote:

I don’t use the cloud. But it’s tempting as this charade continues to get worse the more I work at it.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Dec 01 7:28 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Sun Dec 01 7:16 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:

I don’t use the cloud. But it’s tempting as this charade continues to get worse the more I work at it.
I don’t either...but sooner or later we will be assimilated.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Dec 01 7:39 pm

:censored: :censored: I am extraordinarily disappointed in the desktop I bought...for the main purpose of being able to store my iTunes collection because my nine year old laptop ran out of room. Windows 10 is complete garbage, and makes everything run super slow. The whole process takes significantly longer and is far more frustrating with crashes and freezing up. It’s feeling like a waste of $700.

And now windows has just decided it NEEDS to update at this moment and decides to re-start. When I’m in the middle of burning a disc. Does it not understand I’m in the middle of using an application???

Did I mention how much I absolutely hate windows 10??!
:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :censored: :censored: :censored:

MATT
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by MATT » Sun Dec 01 8:00 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Sun Dec 01 7:28 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Sun Dec 01 7:16 pm
bearpaw28 wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:

I don’t either...but sooner or later we will be assimilated.

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Sun Dec 01 8:04 pm

lol. 😂

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Jupiter » Sun Dec 01 8:15 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Sun Dec 01 7:39 pm
:censored: :censored: I am extraordinarily disappointed in the desktop I bought...for the main purpose of being able to store my iTunes collection because my nine year old laptop ran out of room. Windows 10 is complete garbage, and makes everything run super slow. The whole process takes significantly longer and is far more frustrating with crashes and freezing up. It’s feeling like a waste of $700.

And now windows has just decided it NEEDS to update at this moment and decides to re-start. When I’m in the middle of burning a disc. Does it not understand I’m in the middle of using an application???

WIndows..... LOL!!!!!!!

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Sun Dec 01 8:24 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Sun Dec 01 8:15 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Sun Dec 01 7:39 pm

Macs..... LOL!!!!!!!
FTFY ;)

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity

Post by Jupiter » Sun Dec 01 8:27 pm

I never have problems on my Macs. I have all the videos from my phones. Cameras. Never get forced updates.

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Sun Dec 01 8:39 pm

I am guessing you aren't crossing platforms much. Macs are great if all you use are Mac programs and phones. Otherwise you are overpaying for less functionality and zero flexibility.

No OS is perfect but Mac software cause way more issues for non Macs than the other way around. YMMV.

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity

Post by Jupiter » Sun Dec 01 8:42 pm

Never had any problems like I did with Windows... And that is iPhone or not.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Dec 01 8:45 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Sun Dec 01 8:42 pm
Never had any problems like I did with Windows... And that is iPhone or not.
Had an issue logging in at home, to a company site, an internal company tech was helping me solve my issue:

Do you have a Mac, per chance?
Me: No. I don't buy Apple, for reasons [that is the word for word answer I gave]
*chuckles* I don't blame you.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity

Post by Jupiter » Sun Dec 01 9:37 pm

LOL!!!!

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Sun Dec 01 10:17 pm

The worst is I Ave students in my Microsoft Office class who have Macs at home. The amount of issues they have is crazy. Then they whine to me cause some things don't work (even though I warn them) and I just say "this is a Microsoft based course. I'm not going to change all the work for the 3 Apple Geniuses who refuse to use a Windows system for a Windows class". (after class to my gf of course)

-Scooby 2/7/2017

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Dec 01 10:19 pm

NSFW:
A classic:
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant

TheRube33 on UnTappd

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Mon Dec 02 2:21 am

The Rube wrote:
Sun Dec 01 10:19 pm
NSFW:
A classic:
[url]http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant[/url]
Fixed the link.

Edit: I guess not. Weird.
Doug Woog - 1990

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity

Post by Jupiter » Mon Dec 02 7:41 am

MNGophers29 wrote:
Mon Dec 02 2:21 am
Fixed the link.

Links to non-secure websites are no longer parsed on GPL. It is my attempt to keep GPL secure and to get other websites on board with https.

MORE INFO HERE

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Mon Dec 02 9:16 am

Jupiter wrote:
Mon Dec 02 7:41 am
MNGophers29 wrote:
Mon Dec 02 2:21 am
Fixed the link.

Links to non-secure websites are no longer parsed on GPL. It is my attempt to keep GPL secure and to get other websites on board with https.

MORE INFO HERE
Got it. That makes sense. Appreciate all that you do!
Doug Woog - 1990

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 230 times

Post by Slap Shot » Mon Dec 02 11:05 am

Aren't you a little young for an iPhone?

:mrgreen: :lol: :D :wink:
Currently under construction.

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Tue Dec 03 9:08 pm

My wife and I have a pretty nice, but old, recliner that's in excellent shape. Since we have no use for it and were unable to sell it online we decided we would donate it. I called 3 places...2 wouldn't take it because it's been exposed to pets and the other takes furniture but not recliners. Finally called the Salvation Army and they were pretty happy to take it.

I understand places may not want to deal with pet sensitivities or just don't have space for bigger items, but I continue to be amazed at how difficult it is to donate certain types of household items and furniture.

Kelly Red
Veteran
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Kelly Red » Wed Dec 04 3:45 pm

davescharf wrote:
Tue Dec 03 9:08 pm
My wife and I have a pretty nice, but old, recliner that's in excellent shape. Since we have no use for it and were unable to sell it online we decided we would donate it. I called 3 places...2 wouldn't take it because it's been exposed to pets and the other takes furniture but not recliners. Finally called the Salvation Army and they were pretty happy to take it.

I understand places may not want to deal with pet sensitivities or just don't have space for bigger items, but I continue to be amazed at how difficult it is to donate certain types of household items and furniture.
The #1 reason they don’t take furniture is space. They simply don’t have enough space to warrant large items that are already a hard sell. You don’t want it.
You couldn’t sell it yourself. A thrift store doesn’t want a big piece of furniture sitting around on the chance they can sell it, because most likely they can’t and then THEY have to pay to dispose of it. It’s just good business.
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Wed Dec 04 11:58 pm

Kelly Red wrote:
Wed Dec 04 3:45 pm
davescharf wrote:

The #1 reason they don’t take furniture is space. They simply don’t have enough space to warrant large items that are already a hard sell. You don’t want it.
You couldn’t sell it yourself. A thrift store doesn’t want a big piece of furniture sitting around on the chance they can sell it, because most likely they can’t and then THEY have to pay to dispose of it. It’s just good business.
The issue here is more that these are places that openly advertise all the furniture they’ll take but then put so many restrictions around what they actually accept. We’d almost rather donate it to a good cause (Bridging for example) than try to sell it and it’s just incredibly difficult.

Kelly Red
Veteran

Post by Kelly Red » Thu Dec 05 1:19 am

davescharf wrote:
Wed Dec 04 11:58 pm
Kelly Red wrote:
Wed Dec 04 3:45 pm
davescharf wrote:

The issue here is more that these are places that openly advertise all the furniture they’ll take but then put so many restrictions around what they actually accept. We’d almost rather donate it to a good cause (Bridging for example) than try to sell it and it’s just incredibly difficult.
Bridging is a wonderful organization.
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Thu Dec 05 7:18 am

I agree they are and I can understand why they don’t won’t anything around pets, but it still peeves me sometimes how difficult it is to give them and other organizations like them stuff we just can’t use anymore

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 169 times

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Dec 05 8:23 am

davescharf wrote:
Thu Dec 05 7:18 am
I agree they are and I can understand why they don’t won’t anything around pets, but it still peeves me sometimes how difficult it is to give them and other organizations like them stuff we just can’t use anymore
I am not sure why this is such an issue for you. Do you want them to lose money just so you don’t feel guilty about throwing a chair away?

Put your chair on Craig’s list for free and if nobody comes to get it, send it to the landfill.

Or wait for summer and put it on the curb with a free sign. Anything decent in a good location will be taken in minutes.

Zwak
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Zwak » Thu Dec 05 8:40 am

davescharf wrote:

I have a couple suggestions for you.

1. Twin Cities Free Market: their website is https://www.twincitiesfreemarket.org/ (I do get some sort of website certificate error but it is a valid website). This is a board where people post things they want to get rid of for free. People also go there to post things they are looking for. I used this website to get rid of some river rock once and 3 hours after I posted it, our neighbor told us there was a small line at our house picking up the rock that we left out.

2. Disabled American Veterans: They also will come to your house and pick up donations. Don't hold me to this but they pretty much take anything. My mom had a 15 year old Nordic Track she wanted to get rid of and they took it. We get mail from them all time asking to set up a donation pickup. I would reach out to them too.
GPL's official source of trivia.

Karlsson
Veteran
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Karlsson » Thu Dec 05 3:17 pm

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by g-manpuck » Thu Dec 05 4:22 pm

Everyone has been posting their "Year in Spotify" to show what they have been listening to. I really don't like Spotify but my son listens to it using my log in so I can see what he listens to. I evidently don't check it enough because when I clicked on the year in review thing I saw nothing but cRAP. I've failed to influence my son away from cRAPpy music.
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

Bigbeer
Veteran
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Bigbeer » Thu Dec 05 7:20 pm

g-manpuck wrote:
Thu Dec 05 4:22 pm
Everyone has been posting their "Year in Spotify" to show what they have been listening to. I really don't like Spotify but my son listens to it using my log in so I can see what he listens to. I evidently don't check it enough because when I clicked on the year in review thing I saw nothing but cRAP. I've failed to influence my son away from cRAPpy music.
There’s a lot of newer music that you think may be crap but is actually good once you give it a chance. 21 Pilots, Panic! At The Disco, Billie Eilish, Kendrick Lamar, The Weeknd and Juice WRLD are all artists that I may not have ever really “heard” without my daughter but now love to mix in with the mostly older music I listen to.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Thu Dec 05 9:54 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Thu Dec 05 7:20 pm
g-manpuck wrote:
There’s a lot of newer music that you think may be crap but is actually good once you give it a chance. 21 Pilots, Panic! At The Disco, Billie Eilish, Kendrick Lamar, The Weeknd and Juice WRLD are all artists that I may not have ever really “heard” without my daughter but now love to mix in with the mostly older music I listen to.
While the artists have been around a while, they hit it BIG this year: Margo Price, Brandi Carlisle, Lizzo, Janelle Monae, to name a few others.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by g-manpuck » Fri Dec 06 7:08 am

Bigbeer wrote:
Thu Dec 05 7:20 pm
g-manpuck wrote:
I don't mind 21 Pilots, I've checked out most of the rest of that list and not my thing. I'm pretty set in my ways when it comes to music and I don't stray much at all. I can appreciate good music and music artists. What I will never appreciate or give props to is any artist using auto tune, it sounds ridiculous and covers up their terrible singing voice or ruins a good one.
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Dec 06 5:24 pm

USPS tracking. Packages never arrive by the expected date, it’s usually two to three days later. I love how it always says “arriving on.....by 8 pm.” They don’t work past 5. 😂

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 230 times

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Dec 06 5:43 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Dec 06 5:24 pm
USPS tracking. Packages never arrive by the expected date, it’s usually two to three days later. I love how it always says “arriving on.....by 8 pm.” They don’t work past 5. 😂
Using USPS was your first mistake.

(You might not have had a choice just having fun) :mrgreen:
Currently under construction.

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by D2D » Fri Dec 06 5:44 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
I was supposed to receive a UPS delivery today and had to log in just to make sure it WASN'T delivered as scheduled (and to make sure it wasn't stolen off of our front step). All the tracking site noted was that the delivery was delayed...no mention when I may now expect to receive it.
I do realize that all three of the package movers are extremely busy right now!

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Fri Dec 06 6:15 pm

Yeah UPS is no better these days. Good lord everything is being delayed...

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Dec 06 6:16 pm

D2D wrote:
Fri Dec 06 5:44 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
I was supposed to receive a UPS delivery today and had to log in just to make sure it WASN'T delivered as scheduled (and to make sure it wasn't stolen off of our front step). All the tracking site noted was that the delivery was delayed...no mention when I may now expect to receive it.
I do realize that all three of the package movers are extremely busy right now!
I find this to be a year round experience. I have one that is still “expected to arrive by 8 pm” today. It is still somewhere between Missoula and it’s next destination according to the tracker, but does say it is arriving late. 😆
They are terrible about updating their tracking info.

I don’t use usps if I have a choice but it’s the nature of the places I’ve ordered from. They are by far the slowest.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 137 times

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Dec 07 12:04 pm

Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

melmac
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by melmac » Sat Dec 07 8:15 pm

We’re at a brewery/taproom in Ohio. The football game is on. And there’s a stinking BADger fan here. Ugh...
I was told there would be no math.

Someday I'll win...
Charter member of the GPL Convoy Crew

Chris83
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Chris83 » Sat Dec 07 9:19 pm

What a vile, disgusting slime. Unfortunately, there's no punishment where he's strapped to a tree in the wild and left there. :evil:
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Dec 07 9:32 pm

Chris83 wrote:
Sat Dec 07 9:19 pm
What a vile, disgusting slime. Unfortunately, there's no punishment where he's strapped to a tree in the wild and left there. :evil:
Nah, they should strap him to a tree and cut off his paws for trophies.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 137 times

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Dec 15 11:26 am

Say what you want about ESPN, but sometimes you have to go to the site for info.

This Lebron James JR coverage is GD ridiculous and annoying.
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Mon Jan 06 4:27 pm

Apparently the telemarketers NY resolution was to increase their efforts. I’m already up to four today.

melmac
Golden
Golden

Post by melmac » Wed Jan 08 6:59 am

Not sure this sticks in my craw, as such, but Old Lady (mom) is having cataract surgery this morning. The anesthesiologist has on an Ugly hairnet (we’re at the University of Michigan for the procedure). Not sure he can be trusted... :lol:

Someday I'll win...

Steve MN
Golden
Golden

Post by Steve MN » Wed Jan 08 7:54 am

melmac wrote:
Wed Jan 08 6:59 am
Not sure this sticks in my craw, as such, but Old Lady (mom) is having cataract surgery this morning. The anesthesiologist has on an Ugly hairnet (we’re at the University of Michigan for the procedure). Not sure he can be trusted... :lol:
Gotta be careful about people from Michigan, that's for sure ;)

Best wishes for a successful procedure and rapid recovery for your mom.

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Jan 08 9:00 am

melmac wrote:
Best of luck to mom!

melmac
Golden
Golden

Post by melmac » Wed Jan 08 3:20 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Jan 08 9:00 am
melmac wrote:
Best of luck to mom!
One-Eyed Willie is home and being a couch potato, like the surgeon told her to be.
3AAFB31B-0BD6-4E21-8F3E-E0BC5F90F410.jpeg
3AAFB31B-0BD6-4E21-8F3E-E0BC5F90F410.jpeg (28.9 KiB) Viewed 556 times

Someday I'll win...

Steve MN
Golden
Golden

Post by Steve MN » Wed Jan 08 4:40 pm

melmac wrote:
Wed Jan 08 3:20 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Wed Jan 08 9:00 am
melmac wrote:
Best of luck to mom!
One-Eyed Willie is home and being a couch potato, like the surgeon told her to be.
3AAFB31B-0BD6-4E21-8F3E-E0BC5F90F410.jpeg
I know you have to be careful trusting people from Michigan... but in this case, better safe than sorry. :mrgreen:

Steve MN
Golden
Golden

Post by Steve MN » Sat Jan 11 1:40 pm

Text messages from political campaigns. :chainsaw: :censored: :chainsaw: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Mon Jan 13 8:47 am

The Got Damn Bison football team. I probably cheer for whoever they play more than I do for the Gophers. So sick of everything about them.
Doug Woog - 1990

bearpaw28
Veteran

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Jan 13 12:19 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Mon Jan 13 8:47 am
The Got Damn Bison football team. I probably cheer for whoever they play more than I do for the Gophers. So sick of everything about them.
Puzzled, why (you live in or near Moorhead, correct?) seems like a nice regional pride thing.

Don Adams Wheel of Justice
GPL Podcast Sponsor
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Don Adams Wheel of Justice » Mon Jan 13 1:08 pm

bearpaw28 wrote:
Mon Jan 13 12:19 pm
MNGophers29 wrote:
Mon Jan 13 8:47 am
Puzzled, why (you live in or near Moorhead, correct?) seems like a nice regional pride thing.
I'm a Moorhead State alum and lived in FM for a total of 7 years. Minnesota only existed as a concept on their TV news and sports broadcasts back in the early 90's when they were winning D2 titles. It was easier to find NDSU club soccer news than the Gophers football score on Saturday afternoons. Living inside this bubble made their fans insufferable. I can only imagine how obnoxious they've become with their FCS titles.

Zwak
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Zwak » Mon Jan 13 1:14 pm

Steve MN wrote:
Sat Jan 11 1:40 pm
Text messages from political campaigns. :chainsaw: :censored: :chainsaw: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
Yes!!!

A long time ago a friend of mine was running for Governor. Back then you could make a donation to a candidate and then get that money returned back to you from the State of MN. Not quite sure how that worked but Gov. Pawlenty ended it. Anyway, my friend was a member of a particular party and I donated the maximum allowed of $50. It is the only political donation I have ever made. Since then (at least 15 years ago) I continue to get text messages from that particular party asking for donations. I continue to tell that I am an independent and only made that donation as the candidate was a friend.
GPL's official source of trivia.

Kelly Red
Veteran

Post by Kelly Red » Mon Jan 13 1:43 pm

Zwak wrote:
Mon Jan 13 1:14 pm
Steve MN wrote:
Sat Jan 11 1:40 pm
Yes!!!

A long time ago a friend of mine was running for Governor. Back then you could make a donation to a candidate and then get that money returned back to you from the State of MN. Not quite sure how that worked but Gov. Pawlenty ended it. Anyway, my friend was a member of a particular party and I donated the maximum allowed of $50. It is the only political donation I have ever made. Since then (at least 15 years ago) I continue to get text messages from that particular party asking for donations. I continue to tell that I am an independent and only made that donation as the candidate was a friend.

Stop responding to them! You are only proving they have a legitimate phone number. No one is actually reading your comment, they only hope for a donation. Block them. I've blocked several political entities already and will most likely block more in the coming months.
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

trixR4kids
Veteran
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by trixR4kids » Mon Jan 13 2:12 pm

Just ask to opt out if you don't want the messages, pretty sure that's an FCC regulation.
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

Kelly Red
Veteran

Post by Kelly Red » Mon Jan 13 2:22 pm

trixR4kids wrote:
Mon Jan 13 2:12 pm
Just ask to opt out if you don't want the messages, pretty sure that's an FCC regulation.
Charities and political parties are not included on the Do Not Call list. Nice little exception they wrote for themselves. Block them.
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹