Things That Stick In Your Craw

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.
Kelly Red
Veteran
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 104 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Kelly Red » Mon Oct 07 2:19 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Mon Oct 07 12:34 pm
You should have your license suspended if you don’t have insurance. But I’m sure that is impossible to enforce.
That would work if he HAD a license. :censored: No I'm sorry, a Mexican ID card is NOT a drivers license! Jeez.
Plus, he was not the owner of the car, he was an employee. But, turns out the owner was insured after I reported the car license to my own insurance company.
They got VIN#, owner insurance info, etc all from the car. Now they are going after my deductible too, so hopefully I won't pay a thing, but my cars out of commission for a couple of weeks.
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

george
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by george » Mon Oct 07 3:12 pm

Kelly Red wrote:
Mon Oct 07 2:12 pm
MNGophers29 wrote:
Mon Oct 07 11:45 am
My last full day today at the lake. I am on vacation all week, but I have neglected several projects at home this year including taking down 2 trees. Plus hockey is in full swing and tryouts are next week so if I am gonna pick a team, I better start watching kids skate.

The end of the lake season is so bittersweet. I spend the first 2-3 weeks of fall like weather being in denial that summer is over. Then I spend a couple weeks truly enjoying the fall weather, fires and chili because I know anytime we could be under several inches of snow (sounds like that will be the end of the week).

Either way, since I was a kid, the last days at the lake are always hard.
We closed yesterday. I had a very sad and moody husband. Ours is a seasonal cabin only, we have to get the water shut off and drained before it freezes so this last weekend was as far as we wanted to risk it. It didn't help that up north it was windy, rainy and generally blah all weekend. Only bright point was listening to the football game on KBUN.
But it was a good season overall. Now I am making wild grape jelly from grapes on the island. They're much smaller, more seeds and intensely flavored. People who've tried it say "it's grape times ten". It was a bumper crop so I"m hoping for at least 16 jars. First you make grape juice, then you make the jelly. It's a 2 day process but worth it.
The fact that I don't own a cabin to close up sticks in my craw....

Greyeagle
Has liked: 761 times
Been liked: 561 times

Post by Greyeagle » Mon Oct 07 6:12 pm

Kelly Red wrote:
Mon Oct 07 2:12 pm
MNGophers29 wrote:
Mon Oct 07 11:45 am
My last full day today at the lake. I am on vacation all week, but I have neglected several projects at home this year including taking down 2 trees. Plus hockey is in full swing and tryouts are next week so if I am gonna pick a team, I better start watching kids skate.

The end of the lake season is so bittersweet. I spend the first 2-3 weeks of fall like weather being in denial that summer is over. Then I spend a couple weeks truly enjoying the fall weather, fires and chili because I know anytime we could be under several inches of snow (sounds like that will be the end of the week).

Either way, since I was a kid, the last days at the lake are always hard.
We closed yesterday. I had a very sad and moody husband. Ours is a seasonal cabin only, we have to get the water shut off and drained before it freezes so this last weekend was as far as we wanted to risk it. It didn't help that up north it was windy, rainy and generally blah all weekend. Only bright point was listening to the football game on KBUN.
But it was a good season overall. Now I am making wild grape jelly from grapes on the island. They're much smaller, more seeds and intensely flavored. People who've tried it say "it's grape times ten". It was a bumper crop so I"m hoping for at least 16 jars. First you make grape juice, then you make the jelly. It's a 2 day process but worth it.
We pulled out the dock and lift yesterday or, as we call it, the worst day of the year.
The cabin itself is close to our house (45 minutes away) enough that we can still use it for a few weeks before turning off the water and winterizing but it's essentially done for the year.
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 170 times

Post by Bonin21 » Mon Oct 07 6:37 pm

Free phone football commercial has to go
Sick of LOSERVILLE
105 big four seasons with no finals APPEARANCE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Chris83
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 133 times

Post by Chris83 » Mon Oct 07 9:37 pm

ANY "Go Daddy" commercials. :puke:
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 413 times

Post by Cowgirl » Mon Oct 07 11:29 pm

The Yankees.

davescharf
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by davescharf » Tue Oct 08 10:07 pm

Contractors and other service providers who call you 2 hours into a 4 hour window to tell you they have to reschedule. Would have been nice to have some notice so I didn’t have to rearrange my entire work day.

I’m convinced it may be 2021 before I get my basement remodeled
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 214 times

Post by The Rube » Tue Oct 08 10:15 pm

The 394 exits from Plymouth Road. Signs are CLEARLY MARKED, yet 4 out of every 5 work days, some moron can't understand them, and has to change lanes in the MIDDLE OF THE INTERSECTION, :censored: ing everything up. I don't let them in, because:
1. They are morons.
2. If you can't line up the signs, how the hell do you have a license?
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

MinnesotaNorthStar
Veteran
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by MinnesotaNorthStar » Tue Oct 08 10:26 pm

Having to take a 7AM flight after working until midnight...:chainsaw:
"I've made a career out of ugly goals" - Dino Ciccarelli
Slap Shot: They're [UND FANS] top notch.

Kelly Red
Veteran

Post by Kelly Red » Fri Oct 11 6:17 pm

WTH? What road project is going on 35 S north of Albert Lea? And again on 169 near Mankato? We went down to Iowa and in both directions hit single lane traffic, 35 was over 18 miles! Mankato about 15. Now as far as we could tell there was literally nothing going on. No equipment. No tear ups. Nor did it appear that something HAD been done and they just hadn’t opened the highway yet. Just mile after mile of orange barrels blocking one lane. It was frustrating and slooooooow.
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

Viking
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Viking » Sat Oct 12 8:17 am

Kelly Red wrote:
Fri Oct 11 6:17 pm
WTH? What road project is going on 35 S north of Albert Lea? And again on 169 near Mankato? We went down to Iowa and in both directions hit single lane traffic, 35 was over 18 miles! Mankato about 15. Now as far as we could tell there was literally nothing going on. No equipment. No tear ups. Nor did it appear that something HAD been done and they just hadn’t opened the highway yet. Just mile after mile of orange barrels blocking one lane. It was frustrating and slooooooow.
North or south of Mankato? I was down there a week ago and there was no construction on 169.
Bene dic, Domine, creaturam istam cerevisae, quam ex adipe frumenti producere dignatus es: ut sit remedium salutare humano generi: et praesta per invocationem nominis tui sancti, ut, quicumque ex ea biberint, sanitatem corporis, et animae tutelam percipiant.

What a terrible place is a pub with no beer.

Kelly Red
Veteran

Post by Kelly Red » Sat Oct 12 4:22 pm

Viking wrote:
Sat Oct 12 8:17 am
Kelly Red wrote:
North or south of Mankato? I was down there a week ago and there was no construction on 169.
Just south. At least 15 miles long, very slow both ways. There was no clue as to what was happening. And for Albert Lea it is just north.
Gruss von Krampus!! 👹

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 306 times

Post by Bertogliat » Mon Oct 14 4:38 pm

My family is at Disney World. The number of able bodied people in their 20s and 30s who never offer or even seem to consider standing to allow senior citizens or disabled people to sit is really pissing me off.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Mon Oct 14 4:52 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Mon Oct 14 4:38 pm
My family is at Disney World. The number of able bodied people in their 20s and 30s who never offer or even seem to consider standing to allow senior citizens or disabled people to sit is really pissing me off.
That is sad.
The “me” generation at work. Sad thing is their kids will learn those traits too so it will likely not improve with younger generations.
The best you can do is continually set a good example for your kids and the others around you by showing that courtesy.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Mon Oct 14 4:57 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Mon Oct 14 4:52 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
That is sad.
The “me” generation at work. Sad thing is their kids will learn those traits too so it will likely not improve with younger generations.
The best you can do is continually set a good example for your kids and the others around you by showing that courtesy.
My legs are smoked but I am standing on every train and in every restaurant waiting area. And my kids are trained to offer to get up for seniors, disabled, and women.

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by g-manpuck » Mon Oct 14 5:01 pm

Kelly Red wrote:
Sat Oct 12 4:22 pm
Viking wrote:
Kelly Red wrote:
Just south. At least 15 miles long, very slow both ways. There was no clue as to what was happening. And for Albert Lea it is just north.
They are in the process now of putting up median barriers. They are moving at a snails pace, they aren't even past my work which is right by the Minneopa Falls turnoff.
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

Zwak
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 107 times

Post by Zwak » Mon Oct 14 5:08 pm

g-manpuck wrote:
Mon Oct 14 5:01 pm
Kelly Red wrote:
Sat Oct 12 4:22 pm
Viking wrote:
Kelly Red wrote:
Just south. At least 15 miles long, very slow both ways. There was no clue as to what was happening. And for Albert Lea it is just north
They are in the process now of putting up median barriers. They are moving at a snails pace, they aren't even past my work which is right by the Minneopa Falls turnoff.
Last edited by Zwak on Mon Oct 14 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GPL's official source of trivia.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Mon Oct 14 5:14 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Mon Oct 14 4:52 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
That is sad.
ALWAYS offer your seat to an elder, female, child, etc. ALWAYS. Call it old-fashioned, polite, sexist, chivalrous, I don't care. It's how it should be done.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Thirty-Four » Mon Oct 14 5:27 pm

I draw the line at kids, babies being the exception (the carrier being placed on my seat is fine). This debate is not a modern one though. We’ve always battled doing the right thing.😉

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Mon Oct 14 5:39 pm

I see it as "Will this person benefit more than I would?"

TheRube33 on UnTappd

trixR4kids
Veteran
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by trixR4kids » Mon Oct 14 5:49 pm

Lmfao @ the "me generation" not being boomers.
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Mon Oct 14 6:12 pm

The Rube wrote:
Mon Oct 14 5:39 pm
When we were in Singapore a couple years ago people would damn near jump out of seats on busses or trains to give their seats to older people, pregnant women, or young kids. It was damn near a competition to see who could give up their seat first and if someone didn't the rest of the train would let them have it.

Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Thirty-Four » Mon Oct 14 7:28 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Mon Oct 14 6:12 pm
The Rube wrote:
When we were in Singapore a couple years ago people would damn near jump out of seats on busses or trains to give their seats to older people, pregnant women, or young kids. It was damn near a competition to see who could give up their seat first and if someone didn't the rest of the train would let them have it.
The Singapore government doles out Corporal Punishment with reckless abandon, I’d jump too.

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Mon Oct 14 7:29 pm

Thirty-Four wrote:
Mon Oct 14 7:28 pm
Greyeagle wrote:
Mon Oct 14 6:12 pm
The Rube wrote:
The Singapore government doles out Corporal Punishment with reckless abandon, I’d jump too.
Well there is that tidbit....

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Mon Oct 14 7:31 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Sadly you could add able bodied people in powered carts, etc to this. Disney is a long day but just take rests now and then.

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Mon Oct 14 7:34 pm

davescharf wrote:
Mon Oct 14 7:31 pm
Sadly you could add able bodied people in powered carts, etc to this. Disney is a long day but just take rests now and then.
Usually wearing Alabama apparel, gives new meaning to "roll tide".

ex_goldy
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by ex_goldy » Tue Oct 15 2:16 pm

Anything to do with having to go to a government (Hennepin County in my case) ‘Service’ center. There is no service here. You get a number, might as well staple it to your ear because you are in a cattle pen waiting until they get to you. First try one hour 45 minutes, second time was express because first time failed, third time 45 minutes. It took my day to do this. How come the government can’t automate the process? This is all shuffling paper, stamping forms, issuing licenses. A teller machine could do this.

Handyman
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by Handyman » Tue Oct 15 5:47 pm

Being in Vegas when the Pack play sucks. The amount of mulleted fat people stretching a jersey so tight it should be considered cruel and unusual punishment marveling at the idea of buildings higher than 5 stories gets old quick. Even my gf was mocking them.

The poor buffets here might for one lose money :shock: :biggrin2:
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Tue Oct 15 9:04 pm

Handyman wrote:
Tue Oct 15 5:47 pm
Being in Vegas when the Pack play sucks. The amount of mulleted fat people stretching a jersey so tight it should be considered cruel and unusual punishment marveling at the idea of buildings higher than 5 stories gets old quick. Even my gf was mocking them.

YOU BEEN HERE FOUR HOUR! YOU GO NOW! WHY YOU NO EAT VEGGA-TAH-BULL?! :wink:

TheRube33 on UnTappd

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Oct 16 8:14 am

Handyman wrote:
Tue Oct 15 5:47 pm

Hey, Hey, when it’s listed in their obituary that (they) were a life long fan of the Green Bay Packers...that’s when ya gotta chuckle...I see it all the time in the newspaper of a WI city on the western top of Lake Superior.

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 244 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by Steve MN » Wed Oct 16 10:29 am

ex_goldy wrote:
Tue Oct 15 2:16 pm
Anything to do with having to go to a government (Hennepin County in my case) ‘Service’ center. There is no service here. You get a number, might as well staple it to your ear because you are in a cattle pen waiting until they get to you. First try one hour 45 minutes, second time was express because first time failed, third time 45 minutes. It took my day to do this. How come the government can’t automate the process? This is all shuffling paper, stamping forms, issuing licenses. A teller machine could do this.
Bureaucracy at it's finest.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

trixR4kids
Veteran

Post by trixR4kids » Wed Oct 16 12:09 pm

IDK, I remember getting my license renewed and did the initial part online and the whole process might've taken 15 minutes tops. That said I suppose it depends what you're there for.
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

ex_goldy
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by ex_goldy » Wed Oct 16 2:28 pm

All of it could be automated, it’s not so modern and cutting edge anymore to use dna and facial recognition to confirm identification, Eyeball recognition, dna swab of your mouth, whatever they need is fine with me. People might not like them having that info but I guess I haven’t had a problem where I feel unsafe with the government having that info.
Walk in and enter your ID card or scan the chip they planted in you, or the RFI code tattooed on your neck, take a dna sample or eye scan, done. They will see all my transgressions and decide if I should be driving, hunting, or in jail, fine. I must be crazy, if the state tried to implement it there would be no end to the cost. MNLarS was three strikes and abandoned to the tune of over $100 million.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Oct 19 8:24 pm

"Blow a kiss... into the sun"

I hate commercials
Sick of LOSERVILLE
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

george
Golden
Golden

Post by george » Sat Oct 19 8:59 pm

The Asian Lady Beatles today. They were so thick and landing on everything and everyone. We were in the backyard assembling a garden shed and the dam things were on every part I picked up, going down my t shirt neck, etc.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Oct 29 7:26 am

It’s not even November and the darkness is driving me nuts.

HockeyBum
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by HockeyBum » Tue Oct 29 8:12 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Oct 29 7:26 am
Same. Even more than the cold, what I hate most about fall/winter is the lack of daylight. Right now I go to work in the dark, and come home in the (almost) dark.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Oct 29 9:36 am

HockeyBum wrote:
Tue Oct 29 8:12 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Same. Even more than the cold, what I hate most about fall/winter is the lack of daylight. Right now I go to work in the dark, and come home in the (almost) dark.
Time change is coming. You'll be driving home in the dark soon enough.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Oct 29 10:03 am

We should just keep time as it is now. Is there any logical reason to keep changing anyways?

Composer
Veteran
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by Composer » Tue Oct 29 1:15 pm

I believe this was tried in the 60's. Regardless, the only issue is the sun doesn't rise until after 8:30 in December and January with DST and is deemed dangerous to children going to school. But in general, I tend to agree.

gopherguy06
Veteran
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by gopherguy06 » Tue Oct 29 3:27 pm

"Pedo State". Overplayed and dumb. Sick of hearing it. I am not down playing what happened or the victims, but just sick of hearing it.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Tue Oct 29 6:13 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
I don't mind the dark, but it's always a chore to getting used to the transition. I look outside, and it just feels later than it is, and throws me off.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Been liked: 120 times

Post by MNGophers29 » Tue Oct 29 8:38 pm

The Rube wrote:
Tue Oct 29 6:13 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
I don't mind the dark, but it's always a chore to getting used to the transition. I look outside, and it just feels later than it is, and throws me off.
I am with you, once the snow flies, it can stay dark 24 hours a day. That being said, in the fall, when you need to get yard work done after your workday, it’s sucks ass.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Oct 29 8:42 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Tue Oct 29 8:38 pm
The Rube wrote:
Bertogliat wrote:
I am with you, once the snow flies, it can stay dark 24 hours a day. That being said, in the fall, when you need to get yard work done after your workday, it’s sucks ass.
I think I notice most in the mornings. It’s time to get working and it’s still dark outside and I struggle to get moving. In the summer I could fire up the computer at 6 am and I was ready to go. Now I have to push myself at 8 am.

Karlsson
Veteran
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Karlsson » Tue Oct 29 8:50 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Oct 29 8:42 pm
MNGophers29 wrote:
Tue Oct 29 8:38 pm
The Rube wrote:
Bertogliat wrote:
I think I notice most in the mornings. It’s time to get working and it’s still dark outside and I struggle to get moving. In the summer I could fire up the computer at 6 am and I was ready to go. Now I have to push myself at 8 am.
This. It getting dark early doesn't bother me. It being pitch black at 7:00AM does.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Tue Oct 29 8:51 pm

That is where my work schedule helps. I don't start until 9am.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Tue Oct 29 8:55 pm

I am not an early person so it being light in the morning doesn’t matter to me. I get why though.
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

JWG
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by JWG » Wed Oct 30 2:32 pm

Twincities.com
Every time I try to read an article on Pioneer Press (twincities.com) it says I've exceed my limit and wants me to pay to get past the pay wall. I have read 0 articles on the side. Doesn't matter if from a browser, from a mobile device, via a link or direct from their main page. Do they not allow any free views?!
JWG
[This space for rent]

bearpaw28
Veteran
Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by bearpaw28 » Wed Oct 30 5:37 pm

JWG wrote:
Wed Oct 30 2:32 pm
Twincities.com
Every time I try to read an article on Pioneer Press (twincities.com) it says I've exceed my limit and wants me to pay to get past the pay wall. I have read 0 articles on the side. Doesn't matter if from a browser, from a mobile device, via a link or direct from their main page. Do they not allow any free views?!
I think they allow a few, but additionally, there are typically so many pop up ads & such to maneuver around , it’s not worth the effort ☝️

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Oct 30 6:40 pm

Does it work to clear the cache from your browser? That’s what I do for the star trib articles.

Norm
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by Norm » Wed Oct 30 6:59 pm

JWG wrote:
Wed Oct 30 2:32 pm
Twincities.com
I've never run into that before with the PP. So after I read your post I tried it and got the message that I've exceeded my limit.

george
Golden
Golden

Post by george » Fri Nov 01 1:28 pm

I went to see an orthopedic surgeon yesterday and right away I got a form questionare about the experience. OK great they're trying to improve things but one question was about the effectiveness of the treatment. The appointment was less that 24 house ago. I have almost a whole course of meds to finish. How the hell do I know if it's effective yet? Last time they pulled fluid off that knee it felt great right away, like it does now, but it swelled up again and got tight within a week. Let's give it a while to see what the longer term effectiveness is, K?

Chris83
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 133 times

Post by Chris83 » Sat Nov 02 9:41 am

My craw is usually so full that it's hardly big enough to stick anything more in there...though my beautiful bride would strongly disagree. Anyway, not sure this thought really belongs here, but I wasn't sure where else to post. It continues to amaze me when someone expresses an opinion and are told "You're wrong". Not fact based, just their viewpoint on something. Not even "I disagree and here is why", simply "WRONG!!!". Fascinating. :shock:
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Sat Nov 02 10:29 am

Well, in all fairness, anyone who says they don’t like bacon is completely wrong.
Doug Woog - 1990

Composer
Veteran
Been liked: 61 times

Post by Composer » Sat Nov 02 10:36 am

If a viewpoint is an interpretation of an event, that is not an opinion. An event has truth. For example, discerning motivation may be part of the interpretation. But there is a true motivation.

Handyman
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by Handyman » Sat Nov 02 11:54 am

I mean...opinions can be wrong. I agree though it is better if you can back it up with reasons.

It always sticks in my craw when people (not you Chris) say "You cant say opinions are wrong!". That is ridiculous of course you can. I have to respect your right to HAVE an opinion, but I dont have to think your opinion is correct just because you have it. (again not you Chris just piggybacking your post)
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Nov 02 10:43 pm

This makes me sick. Greed is a powerful thing.

https://www.espn.com/horse-racing/story ... anta-anita
Sick of LOSERVILLE

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat Nov 02 11:46 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Sat Nov 02 10:43 pm
This makes me sick. Greed is a powerful thing.

https://www.espn.com/horse-racing/story ... anta-anita
The Santa Anita thing is deeper than the track, IMO......

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bigbeer
Veteran
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Bigbeer » Sun Nov 03 12:13 am

Handyman wrote:
Sat Nov 02 11:54 am
I mean...opinions can be wrong. I agree though it is better if you can back it up with reasons.

It always sticks in my craw when people (not you Chris) say "You cant say opinions are wrong!". That is ridiculous of course you can. I have to respect your right to HAVE an opinion, but I dont have to think your opinion is correct just because you have it. (again not you Chris just piggybacking your post)
There are human beings that are self absorbed, ill informed and simply dumb enough to have “opinions” that are just plain wrong. I will also say that judging someone’s statement as “wrong” is also an opinion. That said, Commons 7-10 rule has a place here.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

george
Golden
Golden

Post by george » Wed Nov 06 10:01 am

I'm semi-retired and Wednesday is one of my days off, I go to the Y nearby and swim. The roads this morning were ridiculous. Did the Edina road crew not know the snow that's been forecast for a week was coming? It was just a little more than a dusting, all the roads needed was a bit of salt. They were fine but the time I got out of the Y, but a 7:45 they were glare ice. They had clearly salted while I was swimming but why not before rush hour? :ddown:

trixR4kids
Veteran

Post by trixR4kids » Wed Nov 06 11:44 am

The roads in Eagan were pretty bad too and luckily I was going slow enough that I didn't slide too much or spin out completely. There was at least one guy in the ditch. 35W seemed mostly ok though I think I had slight traction issues at one point.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed Nov 06 9:20 pm

I guess I'm glad I work a later shift (start at 9am). Roads were fine for me.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

fightclub30
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by fightclub30 » Wed Nov 06 10:24 pm

I put my snow tires on my car on Nov 1st, just like every year. Wasn't too much of a problem. Most of the people at my work complaining about roads are the ones driving around on their nearly bald, all-season tires with 75,000 "tread life".

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by D2D » Wed Nov 06 10:51 pm

fightclub30 wrote:
Wed Nov 06 10:24 pm
I put my snow tires on my car on Nov 1st, just like every year. Wasn't too much of a problem. Most of the people at my work complaining about roads are the ones driving around on their nearly bald, all-season tires with 75,000 "tread life".
I've always driven on winter tires, but wait until I put them on until the forecast calls for measurable snow and/or ice. I have a brand new set of four, already mounted on separate wheels, in the garage right now, just waiting for that winter forecast before I schedule an appointment. Once mounted, it makes a world of difference, and when driven responsively I'll then only have to worry about the other guy. Usually you can spot which of those guys will end up in the ditch as they pass you at a too-unsafe speed for the conditions....
D2D - GMH season ticket holder since 1972, and counting

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed Nov 06 10:54 pm

D2D wrote:
Wed Nov 06 10:51 pm
fightclub30 wrote:
Wed Nov 06 10:24 pm
I've always driven on winter tires, but wait until I put them on until the forecast calls for measurable snow and/or ice. I have a brand new set of four, already mounted on separate wheels, in the garage right now, just waiting for that winter forecast before I schedule an appointment. Once mounted, it makes a world of difference, and when driven responsively I'll then only have to worry about the other guy. Usually you can spot which of those guys will end up in the ditch as they pass you at a too-unsafe speed for the conditions....
I have driven a RWD vehicle since 2001. Never ditched, etc. It's the driver, not the vehicle.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

D2D
Veteran

Post by D2D » Thu Nov 07 10:10 am

The Rube wrote:
Wed Nov 06 10:54 pm
I have driven a RWD vehicle since 2001. Never ditched, etc. It's the driver, not the vehicle.
The point I was trying to make is that ANY driver is better off and safer at speed with an AWD vehicle equipped with four winter tires than a RWD-only vehicle shod with non-winter tires. In any case, even a good, experienced driver (like yourself!) is going to better off with the former.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Nov 17 4:01 pm

I’m already tired of Christmas commercials.

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Sun Nov 17 4:34 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Sun Nov 17 4:01 pm
That and movies. I need to learn how to block anything related to hallmark channel on FB.

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Sun Nov 17 4:59 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Sun Nov 17 4:34 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
That and movies. I need to learn how to block anything related to hallmark channel on FB.
Deleting Facebook is a good start

Norm
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by Norm » Sun Nov 17 5:26 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:
Effing Dish TV has 3 Hallmark channels.

D2D
Veteran

Post by D2D » Sun Nov 17 5:39 pm

Norm wrote:
Sun Nov 17 5:26 pm
Effing Dish TV has 3 Hallmark channels.
But no FSN! :lol:

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Nov 17 9:10 pm

105FM has already gone to 24/7 Christmas music.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

streakygopher
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by streakygopher » Sun Nov 17 10:28 pm

Handyman wrote:
Fri Sep 13 10:00 pm
Eh I dont care. It is not my job to tell people how to honor their country or their flag. As long as they dont interfere with how I do it I cant be bothered. It is the same with whether people take their hat off or not.

For the record I would stop and be silent and I take off my hat but I only care about what I do.
Says the guy who constantly interprets, harps about or otherwise questions fan behavior relating to their teams. :lol:

mjarz02
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 10 times

Post by mjarz02 » Mon Nov 18 11:03 am

davescharf wrote:
Sun Nov 17 4:59 pm
Greyeagle wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:
Deleting Facebook is a good start
I "deleted" my Facebook account like 10 years ago after watching Zuckerberg in an interview and realizing his opinion on privacy was disturbing. Then I found out you never delete your account, it's just suspended. Basically they own everything you put on there.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Mon Nov 18 12:39 pm

Once something is on the web, it is there forever.