Things That Stick In Your Craw

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.
User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9534
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Age: 44

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Jul 10 8:01 am

There is a parent that drops her kid off at the same day care drop off I use. On the back of her car is a sticker that reads “Please be Patient. Student Driver”

She clearly isn’t a student driver and I doubt they use their new Honda Pilot for driver school.

Is this her way of being a $h!teee driver and not get honked/yelled at?

User avatar
Bigbeer
Veteran
Posts: 6715
Joined: Wed Jan 11 2:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Bigbeer » Wed Jul 10 10:59 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Wed Jul 10 8:01 am
There is a parent that drops her kid off at the same day care drop off I use. On the back of her car is a sticker that reads “Please be Patient. Student Driver”

She clearly isn’t a student driver and I doubt they use their new Honda Pilot for driver school.

Is this her way of being a $h!teee driver and not get honked/yelled at?
Maybe they have a kid with a learners permit using their car to practice for the regular license test? My daughter used my Pilot some but I never put a sticker on it.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9534
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Age: 44

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Bertogliat » Wed Jul 10 11:35 am

Bigbeer wrote:
Wed Jul 10 10:59 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Wed Jul 10 8:01 am
There is a parent that drops her kid off at the same day care drop off I use. On the back of her car is a sticker that reads “Please be Patient. Student Driver”

She clearly isn’t a student driver and I doubt they use their new Honda Pilot for driver school.

Is this her way of being a $h!teee driver and not get honked/yelled at?
Maybe they have a kid with a learners permit using their car to practice for the regular license test? My daughter used my Pilot some but I never put a sticker on it.
OK, yes. That would make sense.

User avatar
george
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5434
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:14 am
Location: Edina
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by george » Sun Jul 14 8:48 am

My kid and several of his buddies are competing in the Tough Mudder Classic today in Hugo. I foolishly said my wife and I will go watch. I don't know his bib number, spectator admission is $20/ea, parking another $15, the course is 8+ miles long and spectators only get to a small part of it, they'll all be quickly covered in mud. I feel like I'm spending a lot to see a bunch of faceless strangers struggling through muddy obstacles while baking in the heat.

User avatar
george
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5434
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:14 am
Location: Edina
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by george » Mon Jul 22 10:59 am

I always had it pounded into my head that before I start a project (especially as Project Engineer) I need to know scope, schedule, budget. Without knowing scope I might do the wrong stuff or miss stuff. Without schedule how can I plan the work? Without budget I can't manage my efforts. My current firm doesn't seem to care about this stuff enough. I hear a lot of complaining about budgets that don't cover the scope and now I'm heading to a site where the scope is undefined. It's driving me nuts.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9534
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Age: 44

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Bertogliat » Mon Jul 22 1:10 pm

george wrote:
Mon Jul 22 10:59 am
I always had it pounded into my head that before I start a project (especially as Project Engineer) I need to know scope, schedule, budget. Without knowing scope I might do the wrong stuff or miss stuff. Without schedule how can I plan the work? Without budget I can't manage my efforts. My current firm doesn't seem to care about this stuff enough. I hear a lot of complaining about budgets that don't cover the scope and now I'm heading to a site where the scope is undefined. It's driving me nuts.
You can have your project completed fast, correctly, or cheap....pick any two.

Unless you're dealing with the government, then you get none.

User avatar
Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3108
Joined: Sat Dec 06 7:55 pm
Location: Wishing to be back at N46d 7.456m, W93d 31.221m
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Bladepuller » Mon Jul 22 8:42 pm

george wrote:
Mon Jul 22 10:59 am
I always had it pounded into my head that before I start a project (especially as Project Engineer) I need to know scope, schedule, budget. Without knowing scope I might do the wrong stuff or miss stuff. Without schedule how can I plan the work? Without budget I can't manage my efforts. My current firm doesn't seem to care about this stuff enough. I hear a lot of complaining about budgets that don't cover the scope and now I'm heading to a site where the scope is undefined. It's driving me nuts.
I have seen where "The Game" then becomes an attempt to steal it from the contractor(s).
Not from you George, but my library project was a classic.
At a little over a thousand RFI the A/E wanted them numbered as SOP, but then use ( letters) if in the same division but not able to be addressed by the 1st RFI OF THAT DAY!
WORST SET OF DOCUMENTS EVER!
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

fightclub30
Veteran
Posts: 3432
Joined: Mon Apr 18 9:45 pm
Been liked: 4 times
Age: 33

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by fightclub30 » Fri Aug 02 2:26 pm

@george , @st8ofhockey

If the buildings I am designing are following the "prescriptive Approach" as outlined in ASHRAE 90.1-2010, and meets all the requirements... Why does every AHJ demand me to fill-out a COMcheck report?!?! It is tedious and time consuming on my end, and I don't think it actually gets reviewed by them...

If every individual component of the building meets or exceeds the energy code, than COMcheck isn't going to show anything different. I wrote a letter on company letterhead, and signed it with our state seal. Still I get a "We have to see a COMcheck report". It wasn't that long ago Minnesota didn't even accept COMcheck as a way to prove compliance...

I have 1 building where I needed COMcheck for the trade-off method. Everything else has been prescriptive approach.

User avatar
george
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5434
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:14 am
Location: Edina
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by george » Fri Aug 02 3:46 pm

fightclub30 wrote:
Fri Aug 02 2:26 pm
@george , @st8ofhockey

If the buildings I am designing are following the "prescriptive Approach" as outlined in ASHRAE 90.1-2010, and meets all the requirements... Why does every AHJ demand me to fill-out a COMcheck report?!?! It is tedious and time consuming on my end, and I don't think it actually gets reviewed by them...

If every individual component of the building meets or exceeds the energy code, than COMcheck isn't going to show anything different. I wrote a letter on company letterhead, and signed it with our state seal. Still I get a "We have to see a COMcheck report". It wasn't that long ago Minnesota didn't even accept COMcheck as a way to prove compliance...

I have 1 building where I needed COMcheck for the trade-off method. Everything else has been prescriptive approach.
As I used to tell young engineers "we're not discussing logic, we're discussing codes."

My guess is a directive came down from the State since many jurisdictions have not been enforcing the Energy Code and this is their way to cover their ass. And now they have paperwork that shows they're enforcing. I used to send stacks of paper from my load calculations on Energy, Ventilation, etc. There's no chance most of these guys could make heads or tails of it, but now they had something in their file to show they required compliance.

User avatar
Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Posts: 12683
Joined: Mon Mar 12 10:16 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Bonin21 » Sat Aug 03 10:16 pm

Edit By Jup: I understand your frustration with what is going on in the world. But this is just not the place for it.
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
103 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 14514
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 44 times
Age: 46
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Jupiter » Fri Aug 09 12:15 pm

Ron Burgundy....

I said it on Twitter... Will Ferrell needs to get away from this character if he actually wants to revive his career. The movie is 15 years old. The sequel was a flat out embarrassment (so I am told). The way that iHeart media shoves his podcast down our throats is embarrassing. And the fact that this unfunny character was on every single late night talk show last night as a stunt.... Just shows how bad this is getting. It's just not funny.

It's time for this character to go away.

User avatar
Zwak
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9209
Joined: Mon Nov 13 6:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 17 times
Age: 53

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Zwak » Fri Aug 09 12:54 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Fri Aug 09 12:15 pm
Ron Burgundy....

I said it on Twitter... Will Ferrell needs to get away from this character if he actually wants to revive his career. The movie is 15 years old. The sequel was a flat out embarrassment (so I am told). The way that iHeart media shoves his podcast down our throats is embarrassing. And the fact that this unfunny character was on every single late night talk show last night as a stunt.... Just shows how bad this is getting. It's just not funny.

It's time for this character to go away.
Amen!

I've tried watching the sequel twice but both times I can't get past the first 1/2 hour.
GPL's official source of trivia.

User avatar
HockeyBum
Golden
Golden
Posts: 3354
Joined: Thu Jun 03 12:28 pm
Been liked: 7 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by HockeyBum » Fri Aug 09 1:03 pm

Zwak wrote:
Fri Aug 09 12:54 pm
Jupiter wrote:
Fri Aug 09 12:15 pm
Ron Burgundy....

I said it on Twitter... Will Ferrell needs to get away from this character if he actually wants to revive his career. The movie is 15 years old. The sequel was a flat out embarrassment (so I am told). The way that iHeart media shoves his podcast down our throats is embarrassing. And the fact that this unfunny character was on every single late night talk show last night as a stunt.... Just shows how bad this is getting. It's just not funny.

It's time for this character to go away.
Amen!

I've tried watching the sequel twice but both times I can't get past the first 1/2 hour.
Both of you still have me beat. I never even made it through the original.

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 14514
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 44 times
Age: 46
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Jupiter » Fri Aug 09 1:11 pm

I’ll admit...

I have only seen bits and pieces of the original. Maybe 20 minutes worth. It just never held my interest.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6516
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 65 times
Age: 32

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Cowgirl » Fri Aug 09 1:58 pm

Elf is the only Will Ferrell character/movie I have enjoyed.

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 14514
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 44 times
Age: 46
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Jupiter » Fri Aug 09 2:57 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Aug 09 1:58 pm
Elf is the only Will Ferrell character/movie I have enjoyed.
I'm with ya on that....

User avatar
JWG
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7102
Joined: Tue Apr 15 9:33 am
Location: IGH
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 14 times
Age: 101
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by JWG » Fri Aug 09 3:03 pm

I liked Daddy's Home... found it to be an enjoyable movie to watch with my kid.
JWG
[This space for rent]

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29726
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 48 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by The Rube » Fri Aug 09 8:59 pm

Stranger Than Fiction is Will Farrell's best work. It is way out of character for him, give it a whirl.

The FIRST Anchorman was awesome. The second? ANYone who made it past 15 minutes has a cast iron stomach, since they didn't vomit by then.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Kelly Red
Veteran
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 05 4:12 pm
Location: High Horse
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Kelly Red » Fri Aug 09 10:02 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Fri Aug 09 1:58 pm
Elf is the only Will Ferrell character/movie I have enjoyed.
“You’re not the real Santa...you smell like cheese.”
How many husbands have I had? You mean besides my own?
-Zsa Zsa Gabor

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2508
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Karlsson » Sat Aug 10 1:32 am

I appreciate Ferrell. His schtick is to make things uncomfortable, but not be overtly offensive. He succeeds in my opinion.

That said anchorman 2 blows and I agree the character of Ron Burgundy should fade away.

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27139
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 71 times
Age: 39

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Handyman » Sat Aug 10 2:05 am

HockeyBum wrote:
Fri Aug 09 1:03 pm
Zwak wrote:
Fri Aug 09 12:54 pm
Jupiter wrote:
Fri Aug 09 12:15 pm
Ron Burgundy....

I said it on Twitter... Will Ferrell needs to get away from this character if he actually wants to revive his career. The movie is 15 years old. The sequel was a flat out embarrassment (so I am told). The way that iHeart media shoves his podcast down our throats is embarrassing. And the fact that this unfunny character was on every single late night talk show last night as a stunt.... Just shows how bad this is getting. It's just not funny.

It's time for this character to go away.
Amen!

I've tried watching the sequel twice but both times I can't get past the first 1/2 hour.
Both of you still have me beat. I never even made it through the original.
I tried twice...fell asleep both times. (the original) I havent liked a Will Ferrell movie in YEARS. I made it 20 minutes into Ricky Bobby and wanted to walk into traffic.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27139
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 71 times
Age: 39

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Handyman » Sat Aug 10 2:06 am

Karlsson wrote:
Sat Aug 10 1:32 am
I appreciate Ferrell. His schtick is to make things uncomfortable, but not be overtly offensive. He succeeds in my opinion.

That said anchorman 2 blows and I agree the character of Ron Burgundy should fade away.
I like him...his movies tend to suck though especially if he is the star. On SNL or in interviews he is genius though.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15303
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 63 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Aug 10 4:20 am

I loved the Ricky Bobby bit but to each their own. Step Brothers too. Rube is right about Stranger Than Fiction as well.

But I agree he's had a lot of misses even if you just "go with it".
Currently under construction.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29726
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 48 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by The Rube » Sat Aug 10 11:10 pm

Seeing (and calling in) a presumably drunk driver tonight. I really hope the cops get to the driver in time, before they hurt someone. I followed as much as I could, and I was made by the driver, so had to stop following them. Got the plates and everything to 911. Note: I didn't go hands-free, and 911 said that in this case, that was fine, it was an emergency.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 14514
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 44 times
Age: 46
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Jupiter » Sat Aug 10 11:14 pm

That’s because flip phones don’t have hands free capability. 😝😝😝

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29726
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 48 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by The Rube » Sat Aug 10 11:21 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Sat Aug 10 11:14 pm
That’s because flip phones don’t have hands free capability. 😝😝😝
Some do, actually. Or so I'm told. ;)
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6671
Joined: Sat Dec 30 11:24 pm
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 23 times
Age: 40

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by MNGophers29 » Sat Aug 10 11:22 pm

So here has been my take on Ferrell forever. He is fantastic in a supporting role, but awful in a lead role. I thought he was great as Frank the Tank, whoever he was in Wedding Crashers, etc.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29726
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 48 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by The Rube » Sat Aug 10 11:32 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Sat Aug 10 11:14 pm
That’s because flip phones don’t have hands free capability. 😝😝😝
Just remembered this: your vid of that driver you posted a while back on FB? 3x as bad. And that might be generous.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29726
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 48 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by The Rube » Sat Aug 10 11:38 pm

Just got a callback from the cops. They did arrest the driver for DUI, and will call back again to get a recorded statement from me.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Thirty-Four
Golden
Golden
Posts: 7239
Joined: Wed Oct 26 4:21 pm
Location: The crease
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Thirty-Four » Sat Aug 10 11:39 pm

The Rube wrote:
Sat Aug 10 11:38 pm
Just got a callback from the cops. They did arrest the driver for DUI, and will call back again to get a recorded statement from me.
Thank you!!! :dup:

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 14514
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 44 times
Age: 46
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Jupiter » Sat Aug 10 11:39 pm

The Rube wrote:
Sat Aug 10 11:32 pm
Jupiter wrote:
Sat Aug 10 11:14 pm
That’s because flip phones don’t have hands free capability. 😝😝😝
Just remembered this: your vid of that driver you posted a while back on FB? 3x as bad. And that might be generous.
Camera mount... Zero holding.

Nice try.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29726
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 48 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by The Rube » Sat Aug 10 11:41 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Sat Aug 10 11:39 pm
The Rube wrote:
Sat Aug 10 11:32 pm
Jupiter wrote:
Sat Aug 10 11:14 pm
That’s because flip phones don’t have hands free capability. 😝😝😝
Just remembered this: your vid of that driver you posted a while back on FB? 3x as bad. And that might be generous.
Camera mount... Zero holding.

Nice try.
You misunderstood....the driver was driving 3x as bad as the driver in your vid. That's what I meant in my post.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Posts: 14514
Joined: Wed Apr 09 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 44 times
Age: 46
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Jupiter » Sat Aug 10 11:43 pm

Ahhhh

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27139
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 71 times
Age: 39

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Handyman » Sun Aug 11 3:14 am

The Rube wrote:
Sat Aug 10 11:10 pm
Seeing (and calling in) a presumably drunk driver tonight. I really hope the cops get to the driver in time, before they hurt someone. I followed as much as I could, and I was made by the driver, so had to stop following them. Got the plates and everything to 911. Note: I didn't go hands-free, and 911 said that in this case, that was fine, it was an emergency.
Calling the police is one of the exceptions to the hands free rule so nice work.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29726
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 48 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by The Rube » Sun Aug 11 9:38 pm

Handyman wrote:
Sun Aug 11 3:14 am
The Rube wrote:
Sat Aug 10 11:10 pm
Seeing (and calling in) a presumably drunk driver tonight. I really hope the cops get to the driver in time, before they hurt someone. I followed as much as I could, and I was made by the driver, so had to stop following them. Got the plates and everything to 911. Note: I didn't go hands-free, and 911 said that in this case, that was fine, it was an emergency.
Calling the police is one of the exceptions to the hands free rule so nice work.
Finally gave my audio recorded statement tonight. Apparently, the breathalyzer wasn't even close. I think the driver will have a different set of plates very soon. Just glad no one got hurt.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Composer
Veteran
Posts: 3693
Joined: Mon May 01 8:46 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
Age: 59

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Composer » Thu Aug 15 3:35 pm

Exactly how I feel right now.
Attachments
850F5D5E-567D-4566-BAF7-76D5A0B2CA04.jpeg

User avatar
george
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5434
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:14 am
Location: Edina
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by george » Thu Aug 15 4:37 pm

Composer wrote:
Thu Aug 15 3:35 pm
Exactly how I feel right now.
So Scrabble is sticking in your craw? :confused2:

User avatar
Composer
Veteran
Posts: 3693
Joined: Mon May 01 8:46 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
Age: 59

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Composer » Thu Aug 15 5:15 pm

george wrote:
Thu Aug 15 4:37 pm
Composer wrote:
Thu Aug 15 3:35 pm
Exactly how I feel right now.
So Scrabble is sticking in your craw? :confused2:
I have a bingo and nowhere to play it.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15303
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 63 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Slap Shot » Sat Aug 17 1:01 am

Not understanding eternal pregnancies and not being aware the world ended in 2012. This woman is so woke.



Currently under construction.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9534
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Age: 44

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Bertogliat » Sat Aug 17 8:22 am

Or she has mental illness.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6516
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 65 times
Age: 32

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Aug 17 10:15 am

WTF mate?

User avatar
Armadillo
Golden
Golden
Posts: 12457
Joined: Mon Nov 14 12:11 pm
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Age: 41

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Armadillo » Sat Aug 17 2:28 pm

Eternal pregnancies that only last a few hours.

She's either nuts or doing a very committed bit.
GPL Unofficial Puck-to-the-Head Expert since 2006.

"If it was gravy or death, I'd eat it off of Rosie O'Donnell's asscrack. You can print that." -The Rube

Have a question about comas? Ask me, I've been in one!

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6516
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 65 times
Age: 32

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Cowgirl » Sat Aug 17 3:01 pm

It’s probably just a food baby.

User avatar
J22
Golden
Golden
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sat Dec 26 4:35 pm
Location: Stillwater
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 13 times
Age: 44

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by J22 » Sat Aug 17 3:03 pm

Armadillo wrote:
Sat Aug 17 2:28 pm
Eternal pregnancies that only last a few hours.

She's either nuts or doing a very committed bit.
One look at her pics on Twitter should answer that debate.

User avatar
george
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5434
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:14 am
Location: Edina
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by george » Sat Aug 17 3:59 pm

I have no idea what that is about, and furthermore I don't want to know.

User avatar
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9534
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:19 am
Location: Group W Bench
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Age: 44

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Bertogliat » Sat Aug 17 4:38 pm

J22 wrote:
Sat Aug 17 3:03 pm
Armadillo wrote:
Sat Aug 17 2:28 pm
Eternal pregnancies that only last a few hours.

She's either nuts or doing a very committed bit.
One look at her pics on Twitter should answer that debate.
Yeah, I nailed it. Her other posts are as much, if not more unsensicle.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15303
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 63 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Slap Shot » Sun Aug 18 12:00 am

It was either here the simple pleasures thread. :mrgreen:
Currently under construction.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15303
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 63 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Slap Shot » Mon Aug 19 7:31 pm

She topped me again.

Currently under construction.

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15303
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 63 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Aug 20 10:31 am



Subtropical and dinosaurs. This gal has all the fun!
Currently under construction.

User avatar
george
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5434
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:14 am
Location: Edina
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by george » Tue Aug 20 11:26 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Tue Aug 20 10:31 am


Subtropical and dinosaurs. This gal has all the fun!
Mushrooms or LSD?

User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Posts: 15303
Joined: Sat May 14 9:01 pm
Location: Angeles City, Philippines
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 63 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Aug 20 11:30 am

george wrote:
Tue Aug 20 11:26 am
Slap Shot wrote:
Tue Aug 20 10:31 am


Subtropical and dinosaurs. This gal has all the fun!
Mushrooms or LSD?
All of it.
Currently under construction.

Maize
Veteran
Posts: 2313
Joined: Tue Sep 20 10:15 am
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Maize » Tue Aug 20 3:50 pm

I feel like Todd Blackledge in this clip:


User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29726
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 48 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by The Rube » Wed Aug 21 9:43 pm

Somerset, WI.

They LOVE all the money they get for concerts, tubing, etc, and they jack up prices for their booze during that time. Then they pull crap like this:
https://kstp.com/news/tubing-companies- ... 384/?cat=1

Yeah, come give us your money, but that's all we want. We actually hate you. The city (village) has been doing this kind of stuff for years.

FTR, I never tubed down Apple River, never appealed to me, but have been to many Edgefests/Xfests and had a fun time.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2508
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Karlsson » Wed Aug 21 10:21 pm

Meh. I only go to Somerset for Oliphant now.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29726
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 48 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by The Rube » Wed Aug 21 10:26 pm

Karlsson wrote:
Wed Aug 21 10:21 pm
Meh. I only go to Somerset for Oliphant now.
Nowadays, yes. Their hypocrisy has gone on for so long, it's sick. And no one is calling them out on it. I'm almost hoping that all the fests/etc pull out, and watch the village wither away.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
trixR4kids
Veteran
Posts: 13997
Joined: Sun Feb 15 5:06 pm
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 4 times
Age: 31

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by trixR4kids » Thu Aug 22 6:04 pm

City council full of old chuds bans fun, news at ten!
<GophDogFan> yep, so sad... you have a new moment, when your uncle gets mad because you got the best of him. the last straw was when i told him that UND's hockey program is like crystal pepsi: Nobody every liked it.

User avatar
Norm
Golden
Golden
Posts: 2944
Joined: Wed May 13 10:38 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Norm » Mon Aug 26 1:08 pm

Went to a graduation reception on my wife's side yesterday. It started raining so everyone packed into the garage. There were 3 Mother effing bleepholes (including both parents) smoking. Now today my chest hurts as I am sensitive to smoke. I just don't know why that's acceptable in our society. It would be illegal if they physically harmed me in another manner, but blowing smoke that everyone with a preschool education knows is harmful is OK.
Last edited by Norm on Mon Aug 26 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bearpaw28
Veteran
Posts: 4858
Joined: Wed Jul 19 1:57 pm
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by bearpaw28 » Mon Aug 26 1:35 pm

Norm wrote:
Mon Aug 26 1:08 pm
Went to a graduation reception on my wife's side yesterday. It started raining so everyone packed into the garage. There were 3 Mother effing bleepholes (including both parents) smoking. Now today my lungs hurt as I am sensitive to smoke. I just don't know why that's acceptable in our society. It would be illegal if they physically harmed me in another manner, but blowing smoke that everyone with a preschool education knows is harmful is OK.
Sounds like a really LATE in the summer graduation reception to me. (Too Bad you couldn’t use the Curb Your Enthusiasm excuse that it had already timed out) 😉. Of course, that probably wouldn’t have gone over well with your wife...

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6516
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 65 times
Age: 32

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Cowgirl » Mon Aug 26 8:36 pm

Norm wrote:
Mon Aug 26 1:08 pm
Went to a graduation reception on my wife's side yesterday. It started raining so everyone packed into the garage. There were 3 Mother effing bleepholes (including both parents) smoking. Now today my chest hurts as I am sensitive to smoke. I just don't know why that's acceptable in our society. It would be illegal if they physically harmed me in another manner, but blowing smoke that everyone with a preschool education knows is harmful is OK.
Totally agree. And now with the vaping epidemic, don’t worry; all of our healthcare costs will be skyrocketing as the lifelong lung problems continue to start at younger and younger ages.
I don’t know how the folks at tobacco companies can sleep at night. Take that back, I guess enough money can overcome any conscience.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29726
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 48 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by The Rube » Mon Aug 26 9:23 pm

Norm wrote:
Mon Aug 26 1:08 pm
Went to a graduation reception on my wife's side yesterday. It started raining so everyone packed into the garage. There were 3 Mother effing bleepholes (including both parents) smoking. Now today my chest hurts as I am sensitive to smoke. I just don't know why that's acceptable in our society. It would be illegal if they physically harmed me in another manner, but blowing smoke that everyone with a preschool education knows is harmful is OK.
That's bullsh*. As a smoker, I'd go stand out in the rain if I needed to smoke.

And vaping, who knows WHAT the hell is in those? At least we have SOME idea of what's in cigs/etc.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
5 O.T.
Veteran
Posts: 4510
Joined: Fri Jul 29 4:31 pm
Location: In the "Ne" Section
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by 5 O.T. » Tue Aug 27 1:57 pm

Norm wrote:
Mon Aug 26 1:08 pm
Went to a graduation reception on my wife's side yesterday. It started raining so everyone packed into the garage. There were 3 Mother effing bleepholes (including both parents) smoking. Now today my chest hurts as I am sensitive to smoke. I just don't know why that's acceptable in our society. It would be illegal if they physically harmed me in another manner, but blowing smoke that everyone with a preschool education knows is harmful is OK.
Did you complain directly to any of the smokers?

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6516
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 65 times
Age: 32

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Cowgirl » Tue Aug 27 5:51 pm

5 O.T. wrote:
Tue Aug 27 1:57 pm
Norm wrote:
Mon Aug 26 1:08 pm
Went to a graduation reception on my wife's side yesterday. It started raining so everyone packed into the garage. There were 3 Mother effing bleepholes (including both parents) smoking. Now today my chest hurts as I am sensitive to smoke. I just don't know why that's acceptable in our society. It would be illegal if they physically harmed me in another manner, but blowing smoke that everyone with a preschool education knows is harmful is OK.
Did you complain directly to any of the smokers?
Most of the time (Rube excluded) I’m met with hostility when I’ve mentioned anything to a smoker about their proximity to a building entrance, smoking/vaping where they shouldn’t (like at Target field) etc., even when done so nicely. If they are outside they think they can smoke wherever the hell they like regardless of who or what may be in the path of their stench. Even better is when someone smokes in their car all the way to your office and then you’re expected to spend twenty minutes in a small room with them.

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27139
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 71 times
Age: 39

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Handyman » Tue Aug 27 6:33 pm

People at The Fair...good God.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2508
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Karlsson » Tue Aug 27 7:09 pm

Handyman wrote:
Tue Aug 27 6:33 pm
People at The Fair...good God.
Pretty easy solution to that one.

User avatar
sunbone
Golden
Golden
Posts: 8450
Joined: Fri Feb 11 2:18 pm
Location: PWC
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 12 times
Age: 52

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by sunbone » Tue Aug 27 7:22 pm

The Rube wrote:
Mon Aug 26 9:23 pm
Norm wrote:
Mon Aug 26 1:08 pm
Went to a graduation reception on my wife's side yesterday. It started raining so everyone packed into the garage. There were 3 Mother effing bleepholes (including both parents) smoking. Now today my chest hurts as I am sensitive to smoke. I just don't know why that's acceptable in our society. It would be illegal if they physically harmed me in another manner, but blowing smoke that everyone with a preschool education knows is harmful is OK.
That's bullsh*. As a smoker, I'd go stand out in the rain if I needed to smoke.

And vaping, who knows WHAT the hell is in those? At least we have SOME idea of what's in cigs/etc.
And it has been proven that what is in those cigs will almost without a doubt shorten your life.

User avatar
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Posts: 29726
Joined: Sun Apr 10 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 48 times
Contact:

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by The Rube » Tue Aug 27 9:10 pm

sunbone wrote:
Tue Aug 27 7:22 pm
The Rube wrote:
Mon Aug 26 9:23 pm
Norm wrote:
Mon Aug 26 1:08 pm
Went to a graduation reception on my wife's side yesterday. It started raining so everyone packed into the garage. There were 3 Mother effing bleepholes (including both parents) smoking. Now today my chest hurts as I am sensitive to smoke. I just don't know why that's acceptable in our society. It would be illegal if they physically harmed me in another manner, but blowing smoke that everyone with a preschool education knows is harmful is OK.
That's bullsh*. As a smoker, I'd go stand out in the rain if I needed to smoke.

And vaping, who knows WHAT the hell is in those? At least we have SOME idea of what's in cigs/etc.
And it has been proven that what is in those cigs will almost without a doubt shorten your life.
There is no "almost."

When on the Houghton trip, in Eagle River specifically, the winds are a-blowin'. I paid attention to the wind, and depending on that, downwind is where I tried to position myself, so as not to bother the others.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27139
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 71 times
Age: 39

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Handyman » Wed Aug 28 8:18 am

Karlsson wrote:
Tue Aug 27 7:09 pm
Handyman wrote:
Tue Aug 27 6:33 pm
People at The Fair...good God.
Pretty easy solution to that one.
I was seeing a concert...not much choice. Wont be going back though ;)
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Zwak
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9209
Joined: Mon Nov 13 6:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 17 times
Age: 53

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Zwak » Wed Aug 28 8:52 am

Handyman wrote:
Tue Aug 27 6:33 pm
People at The Fair...good God.
I've always said that I were Governor I would pass a law that says that during the fair there must be one half day where you must be 21 or older to enter. No kids or strollers during that 1/2 day.
GPL's official source of trivia.

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27139
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 71 times
Age: 39

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Handyman » Wed Aug 28 9:01 am

That would solve MAYBE a third of the problem. Kids I can excuse its the adults that are shockingly annoying. ;)
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Karlsson
Veteran
Posts: 2508
Joined: Sun Feb 08 10:26 am
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Karlsson » Wed Aug 28 10:26 am

Yeah, I rarely have a problem with the child in the stroller.

User avatar
george
Golden
Golden
Posts: 5434
Joined: Wed Apr 09 11:14 am
Location: Edina
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by george » Wed Aug 28 10:49 am

Karlsson wrote:
Wed Aug 28 10:26 am
Yeah, I rarely have a problem with the child in the stroller.
It's the parent driving that's the problem.

Today the shear volume of novacaine the dentist put in mouth is sticking in my craw. Procedure (replacing a cracked filling) was over almost 2 hours ago and I still can't feel my mouth. He used two syringes to get it all in. I know he doesn't want me moving while he's working, but I think he went overboard for this one.

User avatar
Zwak
Golden
Golden
Posts: 9209
Joined: Mon Nov 13 6:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 17 times
Age: 53

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Zwak » Wed Aug 28 10:56 am

Handyman wrote:
Wed Aug 28 9:01 am
That would solve MAYBE a third of the problem. Kids I can excuse its the adults that are shockingly annoying. ;)
Did you see this story?

https://www.kare11.com/article/entertai ... 6929f16663
GPL's official source of trivia.

User avatar
Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Posts: 6516
Joined: Thu Feb 24 12:43 pm
Location: Trying to pee a goal!
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 65 times
Age: 32

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Cowgirl » Wed Aug 28 12:21 pm

Zwak wrote:
Wed Aug 28 10:56 am
Handyman wrote:
Wed Aug 28 9:01 am
That would solve MAYBE a third of the problem. Kids I can excuse its the adults that are shockingly annoying. ;)
Did you see this story?

https://www.kare11.com/article/entertai ... 6929f16663

A tip for all travel in general - get off your phone! Looking at the environment around you makes walking, biking, driving, sooooo much easier when you actually use your eyes to see what is around you!!

User avatar
Handyman
Golden
Golden
Posts: 27139
Joined: Mon Apr 14 12:24 am
Location: New Hope, MN
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 71 times
Age: 39

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Handyman » Wed Aug 28 1:23 pm

Zwak wrote:
Wed Aug 28 10:56 am
Handyman wrote:
Wed Aug 28 9:01 am
That would solve MAYBE a third of the problem. Kids I can excuse its the adults that are shockingly annoying. ;)
Did you see this story?

https://www.kare11.com/article/entertai ... 6929f16663
Great story...not sure many of these mouth breathers would get any of that though. They resemble something out of a George Romero film :shock: Let us not forget these are the people who wait in line for hours to get a free U of M fanny pack or a yard stick. ;)

The selfie thing is out of control though. Guess what, no one cares that you and your 5 fake friends are at the Fair. No one is interested in the crappy Craft Beer you bought either. And NO ONE CARES TO SEE VIDEO OF YOU STUFFING YOUR FACE AND SLOBBERING ALL OVER YOURSELF LIKE SOME KIND OF RABID ANIMAL! Put the phone down, walk, talk face to face with the people you are with and actually experience something. It is bad enough people cant walk 3 feet without stopping to look at something shiny (ermygerd a tractor!!1!111!!) but when they then stop, flip the phone around and take 12 selfies because they think their hair isnt right (guess what, you look the same in every picture and to repeat an earlier point NO ONE CARES!!!!!) it is just unbearable. The Fair is a complete disaster.

Yeah I know, that was mean...nope dont care. I am 39 years old I could give two craps :)
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

User avatar
Kelly Red
Veteran
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 05 4:12 pm
Location: High Horse
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Kelly Red » Wed Aug 28 2:14 pm

I want to be Handy’s friend for that last post alone! Can we seal the deal with a selfie?
How many husbands have I had? You mean besides my own?
-Zsa Zsa Gabor

Post Reply