Things That Stick In Your Craw

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.
Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 113 times

Re: Things That Stick In Your Craw

Post by Bertogliat » Mon May 06 5:53 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Mon May 06 5:46 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Mon May 06 9:05 am
We of course can’t all have the same garbage company so every Monday morning starting about 7 am I am woken up by five different garbage trucks going through the neighborhood. Then another five trucks during recycling weeks.

I guess I should be thankful they all come on the same day.....!
Your neighborhood doesn’t all have the same garbage pickup company? I didn’t know that was a thing, in every neighborhood I’ve lived in including currently, everyone uses uses 1 company.
My current city is the first I’ve lived in that uses 1 company for the garbage.

davescharf
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by davescharf » Mon May 06 6:11 pm

In Plymouth they have 3 different companies and one Recycling company
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

Jane Fonda
Veteran
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by Jane Fonda » Mon May 06 6:14 pm

We have a city-wide contract for garbage, run by a company that was started specifically to serve our city, that then contracts out to the lowest bidder for trash service.

Handyman
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 193 times

Post by Handyman » Mon May 06 6:37 pm

There are like 4 in my neighborhood.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

NYC Gopher fan
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by NYC Gopher fan » Mon May 06 7:02 pm

Edina offers eight different companies.

sunbone
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by sunbone » Mon May 06 7:57 pm

Handyman wrote:
Mon May 06 6:37 pm
At least they are all on the same day.

MATT
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 5 times

Post by MATT » Mon May 06 8:18 pm

Before we moved, we had same day in St. Louis Park (recycle every other week) and I believe it was four different companies for trash, recycling, organics recycling, and yard waste.

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by D2D » Mon May 06 10:19 pm

We have at least four )and maybe five?) that pick up in our neighborhood, all on Thursday. Their pricing is very competitive and is "subject to negotiation". I just switched and almost cut our bill in half.

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Tue May 07 12:17 am

sunbone wrote:
Mon May 06 7:57 pm
Handyman wrote:
Mon May 06 6:37 pm
At least they are all on the same day.
True dat :D

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 150 times

Post by Slap Shot » Tue May 07 4:13 am

Bigbeer wrote:
Mon May 06 5:46 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Mon May 06 9:05 am
We of course can’t all have the same garbage company so every Monday morning starting about 7 am I am woken up by five different garbage trucks going through the neighborhood. Then another five trucks during recycling weeks.

I guess I should be thankful they all come on the same day.....!
Your neighborhood doesn’t all have the same garbage pickup company? I didn’t know that was a thing, in every neighborhood I’ve lived in including currently, everyone uses uses 1 company.
When I was still in MN we had a choice (even with an HOA) but they had to run on the same day to be available to us.
Currently under construction.

Karlsson
Veteran
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Karlsson » Tue May 07 7:41 am

MPLS doesn't allow using a company. Unless the place you own has more than 4 dwellings in it, anyway.

HockeyBum
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Post by HockeyBum » Tue May 07 8:29 am

I'm usually a "Less Government/Free Market" kind of guy, but I would have no problem if my city switched over to a single-hauler system for trash pickup. Starting at 6:30 every Wednesday morning, my street is like freaking Grand Central Station. There are at least 5 haulers criss-crossing thru my neighborhood (Tennis, Republic, Waste Management, Highland, and Maroney's). Each company has both a garbage truck and a recycling truck. I hate it.

Steve MN
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Steve MN » Tue May 07 8:30 am

Brooklyn Park lets you pick for garbage, the recycling is on a city contract. It is all scheduled for the same day, at least.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark"

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

"Remember, there is no I in team"
"No, but there are six in 'Asinine Platitude Quoting Idiot'"

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by MNGophers29 » Tue May 07 8:45 am

Wow, who thought that trash collecting could get so bungled up. Another reason North Dakota isn't such a bad place to live. We have plenty of room to put our garbage so we have 1 company and they take ANYTHING. Single sort recycling too, all picked up on the same day (recycling every other week). I haven't always lived in ND, used to live in Bemidji and Grand Rapids and it was the same over there, so must just be a twin cities metro thing, but still....cray cray.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

gopherguy06
Veteran
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by gopherguy06 » Tue May 07 9:39 am

In plymouth, recycling is done through the city, but have 4-5 options for Garbage.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue May 07 11:28 am

When I lived in Coon Rapids we had the ability to chose our garbage company so we would have trucks coming from 4-5 different companies on Friday mornings.

It really wasn't that big of a deal. Most people are at work during weekdays anyway and never hear them.

If you're bothered by 20 trucks going down your street over a 6 hour period, then you should be happy you live on a very quiet street. This is truly a first world problem.

:lol:

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 132 times

Post by Cowgirl » Sat May 11 12:35 am

So I finally delved into craigslist to try and sell my damn Tempur-Pedic mattress. I make it very clear in my ad I will only accept $1500 firm, cold hard cash. I immediately get a “will you take $450”, and then an “i like the price” and when I reiterate twice that it is cash only, I get back “pay pal only takes 5 minutes to set up.....”.
I’m already regretting this decision. If anyone wants to come hang out, I have a helluva a guest bed....

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Sat May 11 4:19 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Sat May 11 12:35 am
So I finally delved into craigslist to try and sell my damn Tempur-Pedic mattress. I make it very clear in my ad I will only accept $1500 firm, cold hard cash. I immediately get a “will you take $450”, and then an “i like the price” and when I reiterate twice that it is cash only, I get back “pay pal only takes 5 minutes to set up.....”.
I’m already regretting this decision. If anyone wants to come hang out, I have a helluva a guest bed....
People and their ability to NOT read something in front of them shouldn’t astound me as much as it should nowadays, but it does. We post things on FB marketplace all the time that say something and people always ask a dumb question that is answered in the description every. Time.
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sat May 11 11:21 am

MNGophers29 wrote:
Sat May 11 4:19 am
Cowgirl wrote:
People and their ability to NOT read something in front of them shouldn’t astound me as much as it should nowadays, but it does. We post things on FB marketplace all the time that say something and people always ask a dumb question that is answered in the description every. Time.
I’m reasonably confident the one was a scammer. It was a very canned response about PayPal but with horrible grammar. I do have a PayPal account but would imagine there are ways to get screwed still - this guy claimed that was the only link to his bank account. I wasn’t born yesterday - if you have a bank account they’ll give you bills! Cash in hand is the only way I’ll know I’m getting paid!

Edit: just checked and got another winner, cuz this sounds legit, right:

“I want to pick it up.because,it is looking marvelaous.please text me to (email address) ,if it is still available.”

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Sat May 11 9:09 pm

That is the thing about Craig’s list. The first 5-6 things I sold, no issues.

Then I tried to sell a bike or something similar and I got these texts telling me how amazing the bike was and that they were overseas and they would send me money if i’d Ship the bike.

I would get 4-5 texts with virtually the same message.

george
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by george » Sun May 12 8:37 am

I'm just amazed that a used foam mattress, no matter how advanced the foam, goes for $1500! I'm pretty sure top of the line Sleep Number beds with adjustable base is less.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sun May 12 8:50 am

george wrote:
Sun May 12 8:37 am
I'm just amazed that a used foam mattress, no matter how advanced the foam, goes for $1500! I'm pretty sure top of the line Sleep Number beds with adjustable base is less.
That’s half what I payed for it. Sleep number beds are just as expensive.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sun May 12 8:56 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Sun May 12 8:50 am
george wrote:
That’s half what I payed for it. Sleep number beds are just as expensive.
When I worked at the UPS hub in Maple Grove we filled 2 trailers every day of Sleep Number returns.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sun May 12 9:28 am

I liked our sleep number. But it’s not for everybody. My best mattress was one from the original mattress factory. It’s the one I went back to after I gave up on the foam one but it’s worn out so I’m hoping I can sell my tempur for enough to get a new one.

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Sun May 12 10:48 am

george wrote:
It most certainly is not. Even the older models that are out of date (and during a major sale) dont cost that little. The cheapest King Sized mattress they have on their site right now is $1500 without the base. Adding an adjustable base ups the cost to at least $3800. (just the head adjustable)

-Scooby 2/7/2017

5 O.T.
Veteran
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by 5 O.T. » Sun May 12 12:12 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Sat May 11 11:21 am
MNGophers29 wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:
I’m reasonably confident the one was a scammer. It was a very canned response about PayPal but with horrible grammar. I do have a PayPal account but would imagine there are ways to get screwed still - this guy claimed that was the only link to his bank account. I wasn’t born yesterday - if you have a bank account they’ll give you bills! Cash in hand is the only way I’ll know I’m getting paid!

“I want to pick it up.because,it is looking marvelaous.please text me to (email address) ,if it is still available.”

Craigslist "Avoiding Scams and Fraud" link:

https://www.craigslist.org/about/scams
Last edited by 5 O.T. on Sun May 12 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Sun May 12 1:17 pm

5 O.T. wrote:
Sun May 12 12:12 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
MNGophers29 wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:

Did you post the wrong link?
Last edited by Bertogliat on Sun May 12 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sun May 12 1:41 pm

Or he’s trying to scam us. 😆

5 O.T.
Veteran
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by 5 O.T. » Sun May 12 1:54 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Sun May 12 1:17 pm
5 O.T. wrote:
Sun May 12 12:12 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
MNGophers29 wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:

Craigslist "Avoiding Scams and Fraud" link:

https://www.craigslist.org/about/scams
Did you post the wrong link?
:lol: :dope:

Yes, Oddly enough I bought a turntable from the guy off of Craigslist a while back. I had passed his contact information to somebody this morning who was interested in some electronics he had for sale.

JC65
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 19 times

Post by JC65 » Fri May 17 9:26 am

Finding out your employer is being swallowed by a much larger competitor via a google news alert at 9:30pm...

A competitor who has a spotty to poor track record when it comes to dealing with acquisitions.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Fri May 17 11:13 am

JC65 wrote:
Fri May 17 9:26 am
Finding out your employer is being swallowed by a much larger competitor via a google news alert at 9:30pm...

A competitor who has a spotty to poor track record when it comes to dealing with acquisitions.
I've been through a couple acquisitions, but I never had to be informed by the media. That is crappy.

F Da Sue
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 6 times

Post by F Da Sue » Fri May 17 11:40 am

JC65 wrote:

Cray I'm guessing? Shouldn't come as much of a surprise. The rumors of someone buying them have been swirling the stock market for as long as I can remember.

JC65
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 19 times

Post by JC65 » Fri May 17 11:57 am

F Da Sue wrote:
Fri May 17 11:40 am
JC65 wrote:

Cray I'm guessing? Shouldn't come as much of a surprise. The rumors of someone buying them have been swirling the stock market for as long as I can remember.
There's a difference between knowing something is possible and it actually happening.

So far (14 hours in) the transition is being handled better than the one I went through 18 months ago where they scheduled two meetings, one for employees who still had jobs and another for those that didn't.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sun May 19 1:56 am

Our power just went out. Not even raining. Third time since Thursday morning. At least the last two times it was storming so there was an excuse!

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Sun May 19 6:26 am

Really sick and tired of this weather. I get that it is spring and the weather is unpredictable, but you can’t have multiple 80 degree days during workdays and 45 degree weekends and expect to keep your sanity, especially while at the lake.
Doug Woog - 1990

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sun May 19 10:34 am

A friend in sandstone just texted me that it is snowing.

Orion
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 18 times

Post by Orion » Sun May 19 1:23 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Sun May 19 10:34 am
A friend in sandstone just texted me that it is snowing.
A few flakes on Monticello also.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Bonin21 » Mon May 27 3:02 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Wed Mar 06 4:45 pm
Bonin21 wrote:
Wed Mar 06 9:27 am
It has taken 21 horse deaths in the last two months to shut down Santa Anita? Are you effing kidding me?
And some think it will only be shut down for a short time (less than a week) to evaluate the site to make sure there aren't any issues of the track contributing to the deaths. It could be crappy luck. I believe about half the horses were put down after running on the turf track while the other half were on the dirt track.
https://www.espn.com/horse-racing/story ... nita-track

What. The. f***.
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

george
Golden
Golden

Post by george » Tue May 28 10:15 pm

My neighbor bought a new riding mower and gave his to us. Very nice gesture, the mower is pretty good, needs some work but very usable.

What sticks in my craw is the fallout from this gift. My little garden shed is now way too small. I'll now need a new, bigger shed. There is a spot in the yard for it, but first I'll have to cut back some lilac bushes, move a bunch of other stuff and bring in fill to level the spot. Then I need to get rid of the old shed. And then the spot where the old shed is will allow us (me) to expand the patio. Then we'd have room for an outdoor kitchen. So this free mower will cost me thousands and take up all my free time this summer. :anger:

The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by The Rube » Tue May 28 10:22 pm

Talk about a humblebrag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

george
Golden
Golden

Post by george » Tue May 28 10:26 pm

The Rube wrote:
Tue May 28 10:22 pm
I don't think that word means what you think it means. I was pretty happy about the mower until the wife got going about all the rest of it, and I watched my summer melt away. :(

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Tue May 28 10:28 pm

george wrote:
Tue May 28 10:26 pm
The Rube wrote:
I don't think that word means what you think it means. I was pretty happy about the mower until the wife got going about all the rest of it, and I watched my summer melt away. :(
I know what it means, and it was a joke, father. (Can't call you son, you older than me). :D
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue May 28 10:34 pm

george wrote:
The Rube wrote:
You could give it back and explain the situation. I am sure they would understand. Nobody wants to gift something only to find out it is a bigger financial burden.

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Tue May 28 11:43 pm

I have a shed at my cabin that was recently freed of some space previously occupied by my old mower that would also free up your summer for you if this gift were to be re-gifted to say, me?
Doug Woog - 1990

Greyeagle
Has liked: 310 times
Been liked: 216 times

Post by Greyeagle » Wed May 29 7:18 am

george wrote:
Tue May 28 10:15 pm
My neighbor bought a new riding mower and gave his to us. Very nice gesture, the mower is pretty good, needs some work but very usable.

What sticks in my craw is the fallout from this gift. My little garden shed is now way too small. I'll now need a new, bigger shed. There is a spot in the yard for it, but first I'll have to cut back some lilac bushes, move a bunch of other stuff and bring in fill to level the spot. Then I need to get rid of the old shed. And then the spot where the old shed is will allow us (me) to expand the patio. Then we'd have room for an outdoor kitchen. So this free mower will cost me thousands and take up all my free time this summer. :anger:
If you give a mouse a cookie......or in this case a piece of cake. :lol:
Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

george
Golden
Golden

Post by george » Wed May 29 8:10 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue May 28 10:34 pm
george wrote:
The Rube wrote:
You could give it back and explain the situation. I am sure they would understand. Nobody wants to gift something only to find out it is a bigger financial burden.
I don't think I can. I also really like using the bagger to pick up leaves in the fall. I've borrowed it before for that. I think I just need to hire people to do the heavy work on all these subsequent projects.

Norm
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Norm » Wed May 29 9:23 am

If you'll recall I posted here in Feb about the Fed Ex truck that got stuck in our driveway during a snowstorm. I tried to pull him out but couldn't, he called a wrecker that told him they were swamped, so I luckily got our neighbor to come over with a backhoe (1/2 mile away in a storm) and fish him out. The driver told my neighbor he would be back the next day with a $100 bill for him.

3 months later and our neighbor's not been paid. Now my wife is calling Fed Ex every other day trying to get them to pay but they just blow her off. Had the driver gotten the wrecker they would have charged a pretty penny and I doubt they would get away with out paying the bill.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Bonin21 » Wed May 29 9:31 am

You helped someone out that has a really $h!teee job in a crazy snowstorm. He probably offered the 100 without checking with a manager or anything. I would move on knowing you helped someone when you didn't have to.
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
104 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Wed May 29 9:44 am

Norm wrote:
Wed May 29 9:23 am
If you'll recall I posted here in Feb about the Fed Ex truck that got stuck in our driveway during a snowstorm. I tried to pull him out but couldn't, he called a wrecker that told him they were swamped, so I luckily got our neighbor to come over with a backhoe (1/2 mile away in a storm) and fish him out. The driver told my neighbor he would be back the next day with a $100 bill for him.

3 months later and our neighbor's not been paid. Now my wife is calling Fed Ex every other day trying to get them to pay but they just blow her off. Had the driver gotten the wrecker they would have charged a pretty penny and I doubt they would get away with out paying the bill.
I’ve never seen Fed Ex pull into someone’s driveway. That’s odd.

Steve MN
Golden
Golden

Post by Steve MN » Wed May 29 10:07 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Wed May 29 9:44 am
Norm wrote:

Only time I've ever seen it is on a cul-de-sac with too many cars parked already to do the loop.

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but, the Bible says 'love your enemy'" - Frank Sinatra

Jane Fonda
Veteran

Post by Jane Fonda » Wed May 29 11:08 am

Bertogliat wrote:
Wed May 29 9:44 am
Norm wrote:

Happens pretty much every stop when you get away from the city. Even here in far northern suburbs they pull in driveways regularly.

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Wed May 29 12:42 pm

george wrote:
Wed May 29 8:10 am
Bertogliat wrote:
Tue May 28 10:34 pm
george wrote:
The Rube wrote:
I don't think I can. I also really like using the bagger to pick up leaves in the fall. I've borrowed it before for that. I think I just need to hire people to do the heavy work on all these subsequent projects.
That and there is the wife factor. She knows she’s getting all this new work done :)

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Thu May 30 3:52 pm

On my 10-year anniversary date with my company I received a $150 gift cert to the restaurant of my choice and at the time I chose Butcher and the Boar. A somewhat lean economy or not (my division's margins have been crushing going on 2 years running) at 15 years I got nada. :chainsaw:

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Thu May 30 3:56 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Thu May 30 3:52 pm
On my 10-year anniversary date with my company I received a $150 gift cert to the restaurant of my choice and at the time I chose Butcher and the Boar. A somewhat lean economy or not (my division's margins have been crushing going on 2 years running) at 15 years I got nada. :chainsaw:
We have much better anniversary gifts now but at 5 years I received a wooden desk clock with a gold colored plastic tag on the front. And at 10 years I got a crystal bowl on a wooden base.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Thu May 30 9:50 pm

We get a catalog to choose from after each 5 year anniv. This last one I got a surround sound system, which I gave to my brother, since I couldn't fully utilize it's capabilities in my apt. There's some decent stuff in the catalog, too.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

gopher6
Veteran
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gopher6 » Fri May 31 2:35 pm

only in Texas Brass Knuckles now legal to carry as self defense
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/30/us/texas ... index.html

Jane Fonda
Veteran

Post by Jane Fonda » Mon Jun 03 8:47 pm

Missing bird #1, then going 24 straight. :anger:

george
Golden
Golden

Post by george » Tue Jun 04 8:19 am

Jane Fonda wrote:
Mon Jun 03 8:47 pm
Hey Brent, see above for correct use of term "humble brag." :wink:

MNNavy
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 19 times

Post by MNNavy » Tue Jun 04 9:22 am

Jane Fonda wrote:
Been there, done that, got the freaking t-shirt.
I've also done it in reverse - smoked the first 24 only to miss the last bird.
I have GOT to stop saying "How stupid can you get"
Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Jun 04 10:19 am

MNNavy wrote:
Tue Jun 04 9:22 am
Jane Fonda wrote:
I assume this is like bowling a 299? Only maybe not quite as difficult.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Jun 04 10:32 am

I have no idea what this is referring to.

george
Golden
Golden

Post by george » Tue Jun 04 10:37 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Tue Jun 04 10:32 am
Trap shooting. A round is 25 "birds" or clays. He missed the first, smoked the rest. I've never seen a t-shirt for 24/25 though. :wink: You get a patch for 25 strait and can add it to your shooting vest.

Composer
Veteran
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Composer » Tue Jun 04 1:44 pm

So you’re shooting waterfowl?

(Sorry)

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by g-manpuck » Tue Jun 04 2:59 pm

Having to brush up on my weather lingo understanding when reading storm discussions on the NWS Storm Prediction Center website. f***, I hate storms.
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

Don Adams Wheel of Justice
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Don Adams Wheel of Justice » Tue Jun 04 3:02 pm

george wrote:
Tue Jun 04 10:37 am
Slap Shot wrote:
Trap shooting. A round is 25 "birds" or clays. He missed the first, smoked the rest. I've never seen a t-shirt for 24/25 though. :wink: You get a patch for 25 strait and can add it to your shooting vest.
Shooting vest?

/knows nothing about shooting of any kind

MNNavy
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 19 times

Post by MNNavy » Tue Jun 04 3:39 pm

Don Adams Wheel of Justice wrote:
Tue Jun 04 3:02 pm
george wrote:
Tue Jun 04 10:37 am
Slap Shot wrote:
Shooting vest?

/knows nothing about shooting of any kind
Typically looks something like this...
Has a padded shoulder to reduce felt recoil, two front pockets that will each hold a box of shotgun shells (25 shells), and a rear pouch to hold your spent shells.
I have GOT to stop saying "How stupid can you get"
Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Jun 04 4:28 pm

george wrote:
Tue Jun 04 8:19 am
Jane Fonda wrote:

Steve MN
Golden
Golden

Post by Steve MN » Tue Jun 04 4:31 pm

g-manpuck wrote:
Tue Jun 04 2:59 pm
Having to brush up on my weather lingo understanding when reading storm discussions on the NWS Storm Prediction Center website. f***, I hate storms.
The Mesoscale discussion, weather watch, or day1 outlook?

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Tue Jun 04 9:35 pm

george wrote:
Tue Jun 04 8:19 am
Jane Fonda wrote:
That was a humble brag, but yours was also, as many are not in your same situation to have the problem you mentioned in the first place. :wink:

TheRube33 on UnTappd

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Tue Jun 04 10:06 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Tue Jun 04 10:19 am
MNNavy wrote:
Tue Jun 04 9:22 am
Jane Fonda wrote:
I assume this is like bowling a 299? Only maybe not quite as difficult.
For me I have a better shot at bowling a 299 since I have 3 games in the 280s and a few more in the 270s. Even when I shot often I was never that great at it,but others may answer the exact opposite.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Tue Jun 04 10:18 pm

Even when I bowled, the best I ever had was a 250ish game. At least in shooting, you only have to hit 1 target. In bowling, to be perfect, you have to hit ten, twelve times in a row. ;)

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Tue Jun 04 11:01 pm

I’ve probably bowled 100+ games in my life and have never hit the 180 mark.

I’ve been trap shooting twice (I don’t hunt or own a gun) and I was able to get 19 of 25).

I am not trying to diminish a perfect 25 in trap but I think bowling 300 is quite a feat.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Jun 05 2:58 am

I was never a regular bowler. 2-3 times a year max and breaking 150 was very infrequent. When we moved here and the kids were smaller we started going a bit more often - maybe 1-2 times a month for about a year. I topped out at 228.

g-manpuck
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by g-manpuck » Wed Jun 05 6:35 am

Steve MN wrote:
Tue Jun 04 4:31 pm
g-manpuck wrote:
Tue Jun 04 2:59 pm
The Mesoscale discussion, weather watch, or day1 outlook?
The Mesoscale discussion. I only understand about a fourth of what their saying but I trust those discussions more than the weather terrorists predictions about the impending weather.
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Beauner » Wed Jun 05 7:33 am

Had my AC run yesterday. Came home to an un-air conditioned house and what looks like a frosted/iced over hose.

Hoorayyyy.

Replaced the filter last night and ran the fan to thaw out the frozen hose. Praying it worked. Gonna try to run it when I get home.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"