Consumer Research

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 48 times

Re: Consumer Research

Post by The Rube » Thu Aug 15 9:24 pm

Redzone is TV crack.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Bonin21
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Bonin21 » Thu Aug 15 9:44 pm

And now with no redzone I guess i have to take up crack. Will also report back on that to the consumer research thread.
Lead us out of Loserville, Bob.
103 big four seasons with no finals appearance
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Aug 15 9:47 pm

Plumbers crack vs Crack Whore?

davescharf
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by davescharf » Thu Aug 15 10:08 pm

The snack mix my wife makes may as well be crack
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

Handyman
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 22 times

Post by Handyman » Fri Aug 16 12:09 am

Except at a bar I have never watched Red Zone. I just dont care about the NFL that much. I guess if I still played Fantasy I would though so I am obviously in the minority.
GG13 can burn in hell! #neverforget

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014

"I'm clearly an idiot. Forget I ever said anything. :biggrin2:"
-Scooby 2/7/2017

Orion
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Orion » Fri Aug 16 8:28 am

That's never stopped any company from doing what they want.

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Beauner » Sat Aug 17 11:15 pm

Handyman wrote:
Fri Aug 16 12:09 am
Except at a bar I have never watched Red Zone. I just dont care about the NFL that much. I guess if I still played Fantasy I would though so I am obviously in the minority.
I watched it a little bit back when I had the full cable package. It made for decent entertainment when the Vikings weren't on (done or playing Monday, Thursday, or SNF). It was nice for fantasy football purposes but I'd probably never actively pay for it again unless it was part of my cable package.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat Aug 17 11:26 pm

I still love it, and have been retired from FFL for 3 years now. It is like ESPN NFL Primetime on steroids.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Sun Aug 18 12:05 am

Yeah but I stopped caring about that show in the Mid 1990s. All NFL shows have been "hey look at me" more than they are about facts and stories since around then. It is predictable nonsense. (see also: every show on ESPN)

The entire above post is an opinion. If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Aug 18 12:37 pm

So our spectrum installation fell through (I swear these companies do not communicate within divisions) - I made it explicitly clear we don’t have cable to our house and the guy shows up and says “I can’t dig because utilities aren’t marked”....well duh, this is why I told this to the person on the phone!
Anyways, I still cancelled Dish because I am fed up with them and my billing cycle was ending and didn’t want to give them another penny. (It took an hour just to cancel my service - at least half of that waiting on hold).

Long story short I have no tv service. I could live without except for the channels the Twins and Gopher hockey are on. I suppose there is no cheaper way to watch them without having to purchase a cable or satellite package? I have crappy internet so streaming would not be ideal.

At least I’m saving 150$ this month! That alone is almost enough to just give up on tv and go back to listening to games on the radio....

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by Jupiter » Sun Aug 18 1:17 pm

I was able to cancel my Dish in about 5 minutes after being on hold for 10 minutes.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Aug 18 2:11 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Sun Aug 18 12:37 pm
That alone is almost enough to just give up on tv and go back to listening to games on the radio....
And then you would become my sister from another mother! :lol:

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Aug 18 3:10 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Sun Aug 18 1:17 pm
I was able to cancel my Dish in about 5 minutes after being on hold for 10 minutes.
I was told because I had been a customer for so long they'd have to jump through more hoops to cancel my account. 🙄

I called pretty late Friday evening but I guess it was still a busy time. You’re lucky. In the last two weeks I’ve waited a minimum of 30 minutes to speak to someone. Twice I was cut off when they transferred me and had to start all over. When they do transfer you to another dept. it’s another wait. I think that’s part of their strategy -it’s so time consuming to do anything people just don’t bother changing anything. 😆

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 18 times

Post by frozen4champs » Sun Aug 18 3:29 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Sun Aug 18 3:10 pm
Jupiter wrote:
I was told because I had been a customer for so long they'd have to jump through more hoops to cancel my account. 🙄

I called pretty late Friday evening but I guess it was still a busy time. You’re lucky. In the last two weeks I’ve waited a minimum of 30 minutes to speak to someone. Twice I was cut off when they transferred me and had to start all over. When they do transfer you to another dept. it’s another wait. I think that’s part of their strategy -it’s so time consuming to do anything people just don’t bother changing anything. 😆
At least you did not have to fax them a death certificate like I did when I had to cancel my parents account... :censored:

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Sun Aug 18 3:56 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Sun Aug 18 3:29 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Jupiter wrote:

At least you did not have to fax them a death certificate like I did when I had to cancel my parents account... :censored:
Fax? :crazy:

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 18 times

Post by frozen4champs » Sun Aug 18 4:08 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Sun Aug 18 3:56 pm
frozen4champs wrote:
Sun Aug 18 3:29 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Jupiter wrote:

Fax? :crazy:
Yes, not only did I have to go to the courthouse and pay for a copy of the death certificate, I had to track down a fax machine. It was in 2012.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Aug 18 5:01 pm

Ugh. Thanks for further confirming I made the right choice. Supposedly Spectrum has no contracts so that will be a plus. When I get that sorted out!

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity

Post by Jupiter » Sun Aug 18 6:11 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Jupiter wrote:

I have been a customer since 1999...
I went through their online chat Friday around noon. Who then gave me a number to call. Hold for 10 minutes. Then talked to one guy for 5 minutes. That was it. They are sending a box for the equipment.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Sun Aug 18 7:55 pm

Seems like everyone is upset with their cable/sat company. Grass is always greener situation?

I love Xfinity and have never had a service issue that most complain about. But the price is steep. I am willing to pay for quality in this case.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Aug 18 8:03 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Sun Aug 18 7:55 pm
Seems like everyone is upset with their cable/sat company. Grass is always greener situation?

I love Xfinity and have never had a service issue that most complain about. But the price is steep. I am willing to pay for quality in this case.
I basically cut the cord, have the utmost basic with Xfinity, and only had only issue, which was taken care of without a lot of hassle. Been with them 15 years or so?

TheRube33 on UnTappd

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by MNGophers29 » Sun Aug 18 9:03 pm

I cut the cord 5 years ago when I remodeled my basement and didn't feel like running cable because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. SO glad that I did and I will never look back.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Sun Aug 18 9:20 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Sun Aug 18 9:03 pm
I cut the cord 5 years ago when I remodeled my basement and didn't feel like running cable because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. SO glad that I did and I will never look back.
But it’s good to have the cable for resale. One of the things I look for when buying a house are option for setting up a room.

My old house had cable ports in two spots in the living room so we could change furniture around. It was nice.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Aug 18 9:25 pm

Traditional cable is dying. Its impact on resale (probably not material to begin with) will diminish to nothing.
Times advanced in playoffs last 15 seasons: Vikings 3, Wild 2, Twins 0, Wolves 0
1967 last football conference title, 1982 last basketball conference title, 2003 last hockey national championship

D2D
Veteran
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by D2D » Sun Aug 18 9:33 pm

Bertogliat wrote:

I'm in the same boat. Love the simplicity of being able to reach all programming on a single system/remote. But as you say the cost is steep.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Sun Aug 18 9:56 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Sun Aug 18 9:25 pm
Traditional cable is dying. Its impact on resale (probably not material to begin with) will diminish to nothing.
Still the fastest internet I can get. At least have data lines for option to hardwire for faster and more reliable connection.

Bonin21
Golden
Golden

Post by Bonin21 » Sun Aug 18 10:00 pm

You are mixing up cable and internet. I just dropped comcast cable but kept internet and upgrade to gigabit. Which is nowhere near that speed but trying to get that fixed.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Aug 18 10:07 pm

Bonin21 wrote:
Sun Aug 18 10:00 pm
You are mixing up cable and internet. I just dropped comcast cable but kept internet and upgrade to gigabit. Which is nowhere near that speed but trying to get that fixed.
Only reason I have Xfinity. Get the fastest home internet for streaming, and that's it. About half the cost of what I was paying (basic + sports package).

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sun Aug 18 10:34 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Sun Aug 18 6:11 pm

I went through their online chat Friday around noon. Who then gave me a number to call. Hold for 10 minutes. Then talked to one guy for 5 minutes. That was it. They are sending a box for the equipment.
Interesting. I asked if they wanted/would take the equipment back - I was told no, and to use the actual dish for target practice if I felt so inclined. 😳
I do have the older DVRs but still, it just goes to show the inconsistency depending who you speak with.
I wouldn’t be shocked to get a bill in a couple months because I never returned their equipment.

While I do not have the means to use it for target practice, I have considered throwing it off the roof and then going office space on it. :club: :club:

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Beauner » Sun Aug 18 10:39 pm

Bertogliat wrote:

I've had no issues with Xfinity so far either (2.5 years). I can change my subscription/contract right through the app, add/drop premium shows through the app, and if I ever have an issue with signal not getting through (I had a blue screen on my basement TV a couple times) I just tweeted at them and got a DM response within 15 minutes. No time waiting on hold, and resolution was completed within 25 minutes.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

MNNavy
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by MNNavy » Sun Aug 18 10:41 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Sun Aug 18 10:34 pm
While I do not have the means to use it for target practice...
I could probably help you out with that. :mrgreen:
I have GOT to stop saying "How stupid can you get"
Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Handyman
Golden
Golden

Post by Handyman » Mon Aug 19 12:50 am

I had Xfinity for years (parents still use my account) and never had an issue.

-Scooby 2/7/2017

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity

Post by Jupiter » Mon Aug 19 8:14 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Sun Aug 18 10:34 pm
Jupiter wrote:
Sun Aug 18 6:11 pm

Interesting. I asked if they wanted/would take the equipment back - I was told no, and to use the actual dish for target practice if I felt so inclined. 😳
I do have the older DVRs but still, it just goes to show the inconsistency depending who you speak with.
I wouldn’t be shocked to get a bill in a couple months because I never returned their equipment.

While I do not have the means to use it for target practice, I have considered throwing it off the roof and then going office space on it. :club: :club:
I had the Hopper3. Great DVR with Sling built in. It's the top of the line, so they definitely want it back. They also want the end of the dish/receiver as well. Which is fine with me.

gopherguy06
Veteran
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by gopherguy06 » Tue Aug 20 5:01 pm

Anyone ever used Closets by design or have a recommendation who can help design custom closet and/or mudroom?

JWG
Golden
Golden
Been liked: 14 times

Post by JWG » Tue Aug 20 5:24 pm

gopherguy06 wrote:
Tue Aug 20 5:01 pm
Anyone ever used Closets by design or have a recommendation who can help design custom closet and/or mudroom?
My brother-in-law just did their closet through Costco. Someone came out and did a consulation and then you get 10% back in the form of a Costco gift card or something similar.

Haven't seen the end result, but the diagram / plan looked very nice.
JWG
[This space for rent]

gopherguy06
Veteran
Been liked: 3 times

Post by gopherguy06 » Tue Aug 20 5:39 pm

JWG wrote:
Tue Aug 20 5:24 pm
gopherguy06 wrote:
Tue Aug 20 5:01 pm
My brother-in-law just did their closet through Costco. Someone came out and did a consulation and then you get 10% back in the form of a Costco gift card or something similar.

Haven't seen the end result, but the diagram / plan looked very nice.
Didn't think of them.