Simple Pleasures...

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.
The Rube
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 295 times
Been liked: 341 times

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Post by The Rube » Sat May 01 9:48 am

Not quite yet, but planned: cigar, bourbon, Kentucky Derby. Bonus for perfect weather today.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 440 times
Been liked: 599 times

Post by Cowgirl » Sat May 01 8:19 pm

I just watched the replay. The spread of covid after that crowd will not be a simple pleasure. :no:

Kelly Red
Veteran
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by Kelly Red » Sat May 01 9:23 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Sat May 01 8:19 pm
I just watched the replay. The spread of covid after that crowd will not be a simple pleasure. :no:
I asked my husband, what was the point of limiting it to 40%, they were packed together along the viewing rails?

But the horses are magnificent and there’s nothing like watching a thoroughbred go all out.
Honestly I’m surprised the road to Hell is paved at all.
-blatant steal from Twitter

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sat May 01 9:30 pm

Kelly Red wrote:
Sat May 01 9:23 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
I asked my husband, what was the point of limiting it to 40%, they were packed together along the viewing rails?

But the horses are magnificent and there’s nothing like watching a thoroughbred go all out.
That was only 40%? Yikes. Still a horde of humanity.

I hope someday to attend the Kentucky Derby, it is a spectacle worth seeing live.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Sun May 02 2:46 am

It is so beautiful outside right now. Not a breath of wind, I can see a few stars in suburbia, the frogs are an orchestra right now. And the random Who from an owl.

And then there’s one car out there who thinks he’s good enough for the fast and the furious. Seriously? At almost three in the morning?!

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 438 times

Post by Bertogliat » Sun May 02 5:03 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Sun May 02 2:46 am
It is so beautiful outside right now. Not a breath of wind, I can see a few stars in suburbia, the frogs are an orchestra right now. And the random Who from an owl.

And then there’s one car out there who thinks he’s good enough for the fast and the furious. Seriously? At almost three in the morning?!
The frogs certainly did come out tonight.

Kelly Red
Veteran

Post by Kelly Red » Sun May 02 12:02 pm

Cowgirl wrote:
Sat May 01 9:30 pm
Kelly Red wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:

I hope someday to attend the Kentucky Derby, it is a spectacle worth seeing live.
Never attended the Derby, but I’ve toured Churchill Downs, the stables and the fabulous museum. It’s pretty spectacular overall, even without the race.
I watched a morning workout run of several horses, the hot walk area. I loved the stables more then the fancy viewing stands. There’s nothing better then the general smell of horses. They let you pet a retired horse (very CALM, unlike most race horses).
The museum focuses on the Derby and famous horses. They have this exhibit where you get on model race horses and they project a race in front of you. The horse actually moves under you to simulate a race. You have to ride like a jockey, if your butt sits down you’re disqualified. Crouching for 2 minutes kills your thighs! It’s really hard but fun. Somewhere I have an unflattering photo my friend took of me racing another friend.

Greyeagle
Has liked: 1001 times
Been liked: 627 times

Post by Greyeagle » Mon May 03 10:33 pm

:lol:

Row The Boat! Ski-U-MAH! Go Gophers!

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Mon May 03 10:43 pm

Kelly Red wrote:
Sun May 02 12:02 pm
Cowgirl wrote:
Sat May 01 9:30 pm
Kelly Red wrote:
Cowgirl wrote:

Never attended the Derby, but I’ve toured Churchill Downs, the stables and the fabulous museum. It’s pretty spectacular overall, even without the race.
I watched a morning workout run of several horses, the hot walk area. I loved the stables more then the fancy viewing stands. There’s nothing better then the general smell of horses. They let you pet a retired horse (very CALM, unlike most race horses).
The museum focuses on the Derby and famous horses. They have this exhibit where you get on model race horses and they project a race in front of you. The horse actually moves under you to simulate a race. You have to ride like a jockey, if your butt sits down you’re disqualified. Crouching for 2 minutes kills your thighs! It’s really hard but fun. Somewhere I have an unflattering photo my friend took of me racing another friend.
Have only been to Canterbury, but some don't get the watching of the horses in the paddock and the stables pre-race. I think it's awesome, to see some of the prep, how the horses are acting to the crowds, the noise, etc. Yes, it's for mythical (and in this case, yes, pure mythical) betting and such for me. You see the little things of the behavior of the horse, really tune in to the animal. There is this huge beast, that is trained to do one thing. All the hundreds of years from being wild, to being tamed, and sometimes going beyond that...it's amazing.
MNGophers29 wrote:When the wife asks, I will just tell her "Rube said it was ok"!! LOL!

When you tell somebody somethin', it depends on what part of the country you're standin' in... as to just how dumb you are.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Norm
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 167 times

Post by Norm » Tue May 04 10:24 am

davescharf
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 213 times

Post by davescharf » Tue May 04 9:05 pm

Norm wrote:
Tue May 04 10:24 am
Ducks at School

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/loc ... 18ed5b665e
They have the same thing at my daughter's school. I don't know how long it's been going on but definitely the 6 years she's been there
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.
GPL's official hater of Surly Eight since September 2014

Untappd user ID: Davescharf

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Tue May 04 9:14 pm

Our summer hockey league started up today. Haven’t played since the last big shutdown last November.
The not so simple pleasure will be all the soreness tomorrow.

Norm
Golden
Golden

Post by Norm » Thu May 06 6:37 pm

Ric Flair doing Car Shield commercials. Wooo

Kelly Red
Veteran

Post by Kelly Red » Fri May 07 1:18 pm

We opened our cabin! Always a banner day on our calendar. No dead mice. Water pump primed on first attempt. No downed trees. Only issue was a crack in the toilet flush pump, but was quickly replaced after an emergency trip back to marina and local hardware spot. Rewarded ourselves this morning with donuts, too many donuts. But coffee on the front deck, sitting in the morning sun, watching the water made the extra calories a non-issue. Donuts eaten in the sun are diet free. Right?

Yesterday we witnessed a pair of male loons square off over territory right off our dock. Wing flapping, loud yodeling, rushing at each other. I’m sure there was a female temptress swimming somewhere out of the way, watching the battle with studied indifference.
[

YoungEagle
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by YoungEagle » Fri May 07 1:42 pm

Kelly Red wrote:
Fri May 07 1:18 pm
We opened our cabin! Always a banner day on our calendar. No dead mice. Water pump primed on first attempt. No downed trees. Only issue was a crack in the toilet flush pump, but was quickly replaced after an emergency trip back to marina and local hardware spot. Rewarded ourselves this morning with donuts, too many donuts. But coffee on the front deck, sitting in the morning sun, watching the water made the extra calories a non-issue. Donuts eaten in the sun are diet free. Right?

Yesterday we witnessed a pair of male loons square off over territory right off our dock. Wing flapping, loud yodeling, rushing at each other. I’m sure there was a female temptress swimming somewhere out of the way, watching the battle with studied indifference.
[
Oh I can totally echo those sentiments opening the cabin with a lack of mice and leaks.

My uncle and I were priming our well pump this year and after I poured a few gallons in the system we turned the pump on. Now typically my mom has a checklist before we turn the pump on to make sure everything is attached/open so water will start flowing as we want it to. However, unbeknownst to me my uncle disregarded that checklist so after the pump turned on I hear this awful spurting noise coming from the bathroom. Water was spraying up in the cabinets like a geyser because we didn’t reconnect the toilets water intake pipe into the wall. Needless to say obscenities started flying like gulls after a gunshot, but I got the water turned off...and a mop and got it taken care of. Wasn’t fun but certainly a learning experience to properly utilize her checklist.
Donny you're out of your element

Boston Apologist

Norm
Golden
Golden

Post by Norm » Fri May 07 3:37 pm

First asparagus from the garden.

Kelly Red
Veteran

Post by Kelly Red » Fri May 07 3:51 pm

Norm wrote:
Fri May 07 3:37 pm
First asparagus from the garden.
Oh, that is a treat.

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Fri May 07 4:13 pm

YoungEagle wrote:
Fri May 07 1:42 pm
Kelly Red wrote:
Fri May 07 1:18 pm

[
Oh I can totally echo those sentiments opening the cabin with a lack of mice and leaks.

My uncle and I were priming our well pump this year and after I poured a few gallons in the system we turned the pump on. Now typically my mom has a checklist before we turn the pump on to make sure everything is attached/open so water will start flowing as we want it to. However, unbeknownst to me my uncle disregarded that checklist so after the pump turned on I hear this awful spurting noise coming from the bathroom. Water was spraying up in the cabinets like a geyser because we didn’t reconnect the toilets water intake pipe into the wall. Needless to say obscenities started flying like gulls after a gunshot, but I got the water turned off...and a mop and got it taken care of. Wasn’t fun but certainly a learning experience to properly utilize her checklist.
Was it your mom swearing like a sailor? Just imagine how it would have been if your dad didn’t follow the directions. :)

Bigbeer
Veteran
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Bigbeer » Fri May 07 6:08 pm

My daughter is a high school senior and today she got a fake baby she has to take care of for a week. The first time it cried it was screaming bloody murder and she said “I don’t want to do this”.

The whole scene is hilarious. It didn’t occur to me that this might end up being a very effective form of birth control.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger

D2D
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 493 times

Post by D2D » Fri May 07 6:45 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Fri May 07 6:08 pm
My daughter is a high school senior and today she got a fake baby she has to take care of for a week. The first time it cried it was screaming bloody murder and she said “I don’t want to do this”.

The whole scene is hilarious. It didn’t occur to me that this might end up being a very effective form of birth control.
Before even getting to and reading your 2nd paragraph that very thought crossed my mind. :yes:
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Fri May 07 8:00 pm

D2D wrote:
Fri May 07 6:45 pm
Bigbeer wrote:

Before even getting to and reading your 2nd paragraph that very thought crossed my mind. :yes:
This should be required for every high schooler...or maybe junior high. And this is more like the “light” version of having a kid. It doesn’t break if you drop it and it doesn’t make disgusting poops and tons of dirty diapers, drain your bank account, etc

I can’t wait until it wakes her up in the middle of the night.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

Bigbeer
Veteran

Post by Bigbeer » Fri May 07 8:36 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Fri May 07 8:00 pm
D2D wrote:
Bigbeer wrote:

This should be required for every high schooler...or maybe junior high. And this is more like the “light” version of having a kid. It doesn’t break if you drop it and it doesn’t make disgusting poops and tons of dirty diapers, drain your bank account, etc

The hilarity continues....we ordered pizza and right when it showed up the baby started crying

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Sat May 08 9:37 am

Bigbeer wrote:

I think that’s the goal. Isn’t it?

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden
Location: Fargo via Grand Rapids, Bemidji, Madison WI, East Grand Forks.
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 154 times

Post by MNGophers29 » Sat May 08 5:42 pm

Bigbeer wrote:
Fri May 07 8:00 pm
D2D wrote:
Bigbeer wrote:

My 9th grade daughter did it this year. First night the baby was up every 2 hours and she had to figure out if it wanted to be changed, fed or just held. It was pretty funny. And yes, very effective birth control.
"Hard work will beat talent, if talent doesn't work hard"
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 465 times
Been liked: 421 times

Post by Slap Shot » Sun May 09 8:56 am

A nice mother's day weekend. My wife bought herself a dress and told the rest of us don't do anything more. Yesterday we got her a bouquet of flowers as well as a new iPad charger and Bluetooth speakers which she had been complaining were faulty. Today we made breakfast, took care of everything around the house and for dinner ordered sushi and tempura which she loves.
Currently under construction.

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Sun May 09 9:52 am

My 14 month old always is up about 6-6:30am and for Mother’s Day this year the wife asked to sleep in. She is normally an early riser and just gets up with him. I said sure and he ended up sleeping in for me until 7:45am! Needless to say, Mom wasn’t impressed.
Doug Woog - 1990

This quote was written on the chalkboard in a lockeroom in the old Ralph Engelstad arena my Squirt team used the day after the Gophers used it and came into the game ranked #1 in the nation and lost 6-1 to a second rate Whioux team.

Overhead on SiouxSports.com - Why does every thread always turn into a "Gopher" thread? Is there a secret infatuation with them?

Norm
Golden
Golden

Post by Norm » Mon May 10 1:01 pm

Baltimore Orioles and Rose Breasted Grosbeaks are back!

gator
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by gator » Wed May 12 11:01 am

Hey GPL... I was told I my name was no longer on the banned list on GPL. My life has change a lot since I was active on GPL. I got married Fri, April 24th and closed on house in the "Bermuda Triangle" in the south metro (house in Rosemount and pay Lakeville taxes) on Thu, May 6th. I also pretty much gave up drinking over a year ago. Lost over 30 lbs. in 4 months between mid March '20 to mid July '20 cause of it. Though for some reason I put back on 15 lbs. Maybe it was my wife's green bean casseroll she would make for me!!! So several changes in my life in the past 2 plus years.

Don't know how active I'll be on GPL, a wife, 3 kids and a house is going to keep me busy!!!
Last edited by gator on Wed May 12 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes it's fun to poke a stick in a hornets' nest just to hear the buzzing".
- Pat Sajak

"You're the Donald Trump of GPL... #fakenews"
- The Rube (7/1/17) @ Ansari's - Eagan, MN

KEEP YOUR STICK ON THE ICE
:trashpc:
The poster formerly known as gatorice

Bladepuller
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 181 times

Post by Bladepuller » Wed May 12 12:10 pm

@gator Good to hear from you. Congratulations on all the changes. Stay strong and safe.
I HATE :censored: RED! I'm now developing a strong dislike to green also.
TO GOALIES!!! :drunk:
:censored: More Cowbell...I want more GRIT!!!
BTW Keep the helmets on for the NA & intros...You ain't that special.
Brooksley Born really should have been listened to v.s. Alan Greedspan.

Zwak
Has liked: 205 times
Been liked: 208 times

Post by Zwak » Wed May 12 1:04 pm

gator wrote:
Wed May 12 11:01 am
Hey GPL... I was told I my name was no longer on the banned list on GPL. My life has change a lot since I was active on GPL. I got married Friday, April 24th and closed on house in "Bermuda Triangle" in the south metro (house in Rosemount and pay Lakeville taxes) on Thursday, May 6th. I also pretty much gave up drinking over a year ago. Lost over 30lbs in 4 months between mid March '20 to mid July '20 cause of it. Though for some reason I put back on 15lbs. Maybe it was my wife's green bean casseroll she would make for me!!! So several changes in my life in the past 2 plus years.

Don't know how active I'll be on GPL, a wife, 3 kids and a house is going to keep me busy!!!
Glad to have you back on and congratulations on all of the positive changes!!!
GPL's official source of trivia.

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Wed May 12 1:27 pm

gator wrote:
Hey GPL... I was told I my name was no longer on the banned list on GPL. My life has change a lot since I was active on GPL. I got married Fri, April 24th and closed on house in the "Bermuda Triangle" in the south metro (house in Rosemount and pay Lakeville taxes) on Thu, May 6th. I also pretty much gave up drinking over a year ago. Lost over 30 lbs. in 4 months between mid March '20 to mid July '20 cause of it. Though for some reason I put back on 15 lbs. Maybe it was my wife's green bean casseroll she would make for me!!! So several changes in my life in the past 2 plus years.

:banned:

Because someone had to be 'that guy'! ;) :rotflmao:

Congrats on all fronts! Been a fantastic couple years for you. :dup:

D2D
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 493 times

Post by D2D » Wed May 12 8:52 pm

gator wrote:
With a wife, 3 kids and a house come lots of responsibilities. It's super that you are well aware of that, and I wish you all the best going forward.
D2D - Longtime GMH season ticket holder

Jupiter
Bringer of Jollity
Bringer of Jollity
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 523 times

Post by Jupiter » Wed May 12 9:07 pm

Gator is on a very short leash...

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed May 12 9:15 pm

Jupiter wrote:
Wed May 12 9:07 pm
Gator is on a very short leash...
Speaking neutrally, he has to earn his trust back.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Wed May 12 9:35 pm

This Twitter feed is fantastic.

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Wed May 12 10:12 pm

gator wrote:

Welcome back and congrats on the changes. I told my wife I never wanted 3 kids because it doesn’t take them long to realize they outnumber the parents and all hell starts breaking loose

Hope we do see you around and maybe our paths will cross again outside GPL too

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Sat May 15 5:00 am

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Sat May 15 9:32 am

Congratulations Superstar! I hope you have the most wonderful day!

Kelly Red
Veteran

Post by Kelly Red » Sat May 15 12:08 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Sat May 15 9:32 am
Congratulations Superstar! I hope you have the most wonderful day!
Second this! What a beautiful day for a wedding.

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sat May 15 4:30 pm

Finally getting my vaccine shot (J&J, so one and done), and will be fully vaccinated in time for my vacations this summer.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Kelly Red
Veteran

Post by Kelly Red » Sat May 15 6:50 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
Sat May 15 5:00 am
The marina where we store our boat has had a long string of Rottweilers as guard dogs. The last one was Diesel. He was the friendliest dog when he knew you. We usually show up late in the evening, Diesel would appear out the darkness. Could scare the crap out of you if you didn’t know him, but mostly he wanted a pet and a roll in the dirt. Reminds me of this dog; happy, jumping, rolling on the ground to get a good belly rub. But woe to anyone who didn’t belong.
Diesel passed this winter and now we’re waiting for the new dog to appear. The marina owner is an excellent dog guy and they’re always well trained. With so many people going in and out, his dogs have to be, but it’s a skill.
This dog and little girl are hilarious, joyful indeed.

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Sat May 15 9:18 pm

@Kelly Red how long have you guys owned your place? Daryl has had the friendliest dogs since I was a toddler. My kids love Diesel and I just told my 12 year old Diesel passed and he teared up.
Doug Woog - 1990

Kelly Red
Veteran

Post by Kelly Red » Sat May 15 9:34 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Sat May 15 9:18 pm
@Kelly Red how long have you guys owned your place? Daryl has had the friendliest dogs since I was a toddler. My kids love Diesel and I just told my 12 year old Diesel passed and he teared up.
My husbands family bought property on the island in the early 70s when he was a kid. They camped for several years. They built a cabin, trucked across the ice, in 1976. We inherited the cabin in the late 90s.
Daryl really does a great job with his dogs. Do you remember Merc? The dog before Diesel, another Rotty. There is a new dog, pit mix, it just showed up last fall, Sadie. But she’s not working out as she growls at guests. Daryl said he got her too late and she’s too aggressive. He doesn’t trust her. He’s looking to rehome. She’s an okay dog, just not right for all the people that go through the marina, the Unistar campers for example. I think there’s a chance a litter of Rotty puppies arrive soon, Daryl apparently gets first pick.
So funny Diesel story...Daryl had some boat/car break ins a few years ago. Trouble making locals knew people parked their cars at the marina or had stuff in their boats. Daryl hid Diesel in a boat and hung out nearby. Sure enough, here comes a couple of guys looking to steal stuff. Daryl waited until they were on the dock, arms loaded. He whistled for Diesel and this huge dog from hell leapt out of a nearby boat, barking away. Guys practically crapped their pants! :biggrin2: Diesel got extra treats that night.

Bladepuller
Golden
Golden

Post by Bladepuller » Sat May 15 9:51 pm

All cabins are cool.
Places that have a long chain of family ownership are really cool.
The 1st name on our abstract is my great grandfather in 1892. Gdamn lucky.... then again I did grub out a lot of stumps as a kid when Mom & Dad built.

Kelly Red
Veteran

Post by Kelly Red » Wed May 19 2:34 pm

Today’s our wedding anniversary. 31 years! I told Superstar this was a good time for a wedding :good2:

Favorite memory: I wore a very pale pink wedding dress. My Grandmother didn’t like it and said “you should be wearing a white dress, everyone knows a bride should be wearing white.” I turned to her and said, “I’m 30 years old. That ship sailed a long time ago.” My mom started laughing so hard we had to redo her make up.

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Wed May 19 7:39 pm

It is a good time for a wedding. My 16th is on Friday

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Wed May 19 10:22 pm

davescharf wrote:
Wed May 19 7:39 pm
For sure. Our 17th is Saturday!

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Wed May 19 10:45 pm

I think I say this every year but my screened in porch is a simple pleasure for me. I love sitting out on it after the kids go to bed either to read or when I need to catch up on work.

I also just love listening to the rain or watching the wrath of Mother Nature when the weather gets more unsettled in the summer

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Wed May 19 10:48 pm

davescharf wrote:
Wed May 19 10:45 pm
I think I say this every year but my screened in porch is a simple pleasure for me. I love sitting out on it after the kids go to bed either to read or when I need to catch up on work.

I also just love listening to the rain or watching the wrath of Mother Nature when the weather gets more unsettled in the summer
My great-grandparents (Rochester, MN) who lived right next to Silver Lake had a screened-in. It was wonderful. I think that instilled the need for me to have a deck/balcony/whatever wherever I lived. Weather-watching, or just chilling outside while still having privacy, etc. It was a need, not a want.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Wed May 19 11:16 pm

davescharf wrote:
Wed May 19 10:45 pm

We had one that we had to tear down to redo our deck, planning to rebuild it someday as it is great to sit outside in the evening s and listen to nature. Until the bugs come out! 🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟🦟

Viking
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by Viking » Thu May 20 6:54 am

Cowgirl wrote:
Wed May 19 10:22 pm
davescharf wrote:
My parents 55th is today.
Bene dic, Domine, creaturam istam cerevisae, quam ex adipe frumenti producere dignatus es: ut sit remedium salutare humano generi: et praesta per invocationem nominis tui sancti, ut, quicumque ex ea biberint, sanitatem corporis, et animae tutelam percipiant.

What a terrible place is a pub with no beer.

Bladepuller
Golden
Golden

Post by Bladepuller » Thu May 20 8:43 am

Congratulations to both you and them.

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Thu May 20 8:58 am

Viking wrote:
Thu May 20 6:54 am
Cowgirl wrote:
Wed May 19 10:22 pm
davescharf wrote:
My parents 55th is today.
Just made me realize my parents (God willing) will reach 60 years in August 2022.

My dad's brother was married for 50+ at the time of his death, my dad's sister 50+ at the time of her death, my mom's sister 50+ at the time of my uncle's death, my dad's parents were 50+ at the time of his father's death and my mom's parents made it 60+ before her mother passed. :shock:

My brother is nearing 30 and my wife and I will celebrate 24 in August. Time flies.

Greyeagle

Post by Greyeagle » Thu May 20 6:32 pm

Just smoked a couple pounds Os salmon for the weekend and damn it’s food! One chunk was a causality of hunger. :good2: :trophy:

Snowcool08
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Snowcool08 » Fri May 21 12:18 pm

It’s a little dusty in here...

Armadillo
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Armadillo » Sat May 22 11:53 pm

I'm back, baby!!!
GPL Unofficial Puck-to-the-Head Expert since 2006.

"If it was gravy or death, I'd eat it off of Rosie O'Donnell's asscrack. You can print that." -The Rube

Have a question about comas? Ask me, I've been in one!

5 O.T.
Veteran
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by 5 O.T. » Sun May 23 9:59 am

Snowcool08 wrote:
Fri May 21 12:18 pm
It’s a little dusty in here...
His story...

https://pascohh.com/tylers-story/

Slap Shot
Golden
Golden

Post by Slap Shot » Wed May 26 1:35 pm

When you have no f***s to give.

Karlsson
Veteran
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 211 times

Post by Karlsson » Sat May 29 1:26 pm

Went to that summer kickoff thing at the fairgrounds. I'm someone that loves the fair as-is, but dang last night was great. Mid 60s and 4% of the usual crowd? Yes please. Not as many options, but honestly it helped save the wallet. :mrgreen:

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Sat May 29 3:59 pm

Karlsson wrote:
Sat May 29 1:26 pm
Went to that summer kickoff thing at the fairgrounds. I'm someone that loves the fair as-is, but dang last night was great. Mid 60s and 4% of the usual crowd? Yes please. Not as many options, but honestly it helped save the wallet. :mrgreen:
I must have been under a rock because I never heard about this but it seems like a ton of people I know went.

I’m not sure if you went Thursday that it would have been a lot of fun

frozen4champs
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 474 times

Post by frozen4champs » Mon May 31 10:58 am

The local American Legion in the town I grew up near, ( population 200 ) always puts on an outstanding Memorial Day service at the local cemetery. My parents were active members of that Legion and Auxiliary, so it is always so special to attend. They have an avenue of flags, which were the ones that were presented to the fallen hero's and past members of that Legion Post who have served and passed on. Today is always a great day to reflect on how lucky we are and thank the people who were courageous enough to fight for our freedom. God Bless America.

Cowgirl
Golden
Golden

Post by Cowgirl » Mon May 31 11:56 am

Thank you to all, past and present, who have served for our country to protect our freedom. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

gopher6
Veteran
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by gopher6 » Mon May 31 12:10 pm

Poolside Lifetime Plymouth MN 😎👌

davescharf
Golden
Golden

Post by davescharf » Mon May 31 12:43 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Mon May 31 10:58 am
The local American Legion in the town I grew up near, ( population 200 ) always puts on an outstanding Memorial Day service at the local cemetery. My parents were active members of that Legion and Auxiliary, so it is always so special to attend. They have an avenue of flags, which were the ones that were presented to the fallen hero's and past members of that Legion Post who have served and passed on. Today is always a great day to reflect on how lucky we are and thank the people who were courageous enough to fight for our freedom. God Bless America.
An Avenue of Flags is cool anywhere you see it. I always love driving to New Ulm on the 4th of July and seeing the St Peter Veterans Park lined with flags

My favorite however was see them around the entire parade field at Offutt AFB near Omaha. They did it for holidays and major events like a change of command. Seeing a nearly 1 mile rectangular perimeter of flags was something I’ll never forget.

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Thu Jun 03 12:57 pm

We are interviewing people for a new position and have had three great candidates out of four interviews so far. I had a clear front runner until today's candidate. She had to knock my socks off and did.

I don't know how many interviews I've done over the years. I usually dislike the process, but I think this is the first time I feel we have a win/win/win situation.

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Sat Jun 05 12:16 pm

Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Jun 03 12:57 pm
We are interviewing people for a new position and have had three great candidates out of four interviews so far. I had a clear front runner until today's candidate. She had to knock my socks off and did.

I don't know how many interviews I've done over the years. I usually dislike the process, but I think this is the first time I feel we have a win/win/win situation.
That’s good! Can you find room for the other 2 somewhere else just to keep them in your fold and not someone else’s?
Doug Woog - 1990

Bertogliat
Golden
Golden

Post by Bertogliat » Sat Jun 05 2:33 pm

MNGophers29 wrote:
Sat Jun 05 12:16 pm
Bertogliat wrote:
Thu Jun 03 12:57 pm

That’s good! Can you find room for the other 2 somewhere else just to keep them in your fold and not someone else’s?
Two of the three already work in other departments at our company. The front runner would be new to us. Hopefully we can come to terms with one of them.

J22
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by J22 » Sat Jun 05 10:11 pm

Known this kid since U10"s

Beauner
Golden
Golden
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 271 times

Post by Beauner » Sun Jun 06 10:14 pm

J22 wrote:
Sat Jun 05 10:11 pm

Known this kid since U10"s
Then you have people like the person in the tweet quoted here. God forbid a college kid hitting a walkoff grand slam get psyched as hell and express some emotion. Wonder if he feels the same about the Ole Miss pitcher's screaming show last night?
Edit to add clip of Doug Nikhazy referenced above (song in the background is from The Hangover and may be NSFW).

Formerly "Speedmerchant16"

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Jun 06 11:33 pm

I love this time of year for sports viewing.
Women's College World Series is on (watching fastpitch is seriously underrated, those games are very entertaining IMO), the NCAA baseball tournament is underway, the NHL playoffs, MLB season in full swing, the PGA Championship a couple weeks ago and US Open in a couple weeks, and even the NBA playoffs (a distant last place for viewing for me among these options, but still light-years better than regular season).

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Jun 06 11:34 pm

Women's softball is amazing to watch for us small ball fans. Runs are a true treasure to get. I love it.

TheRube33 on UnTappd

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Sun Jun 06 11:44 pm

Beauner wrote:
Sun Jun 06 11:33 pm
I love this time of year for sports viewing.
Women's College World Series is on (watching fastpitch is seriously underrated, those games are very entertaining IMO), the NCAA baseball tournament is underway, the NHL playoffs, MLB season in full swing, the PGA Championship a couple weeks ago and US Open in a couple weeks, and even the NBA playoffs (a distant last place for viewing for me among these options, but still light-years better than regular season).
My son's baseball team is playing in the Battle of Omaha the end of June, same times as the CWS. I have been through Omaha in the summer when I was a kid with my Dad in his semi truck and the baseball fields lights were things of dreams for this Northern MN boy. Now in our first year of travel ball, we get to go down there and I am taking him to a game, don't care about the cost of tickets. It won't be the same as Rosenblatt would have been, but the CWS energy is so awesome!
Doug Woog - 1990

Beauner
Golden
Golden

Post by Beauner » Sun Jun 06 11:49 pm

And I found a new favorite college baseball player. Both of these clips are amazing 🤣🤣🤣🤣

The Rube
Golden
Golden

Post by The Rube » Sun Jun 06 11:51 pm

Saw that...that is....something. "Down-home" comes to mind.....

TheRube33 on UnTappd

MNGophers29
Golden
Golden

Post by MNGophers29 » Mon Jun 07 12:02 am

Beauner wrote:
Sun Jun 06 11:49 pm
And I found a new favorite college baseball player. Both of these clips are amazing 🤣🤣🤣🤣

You know, there are SO many kids or ball players out there like this than people probably realize. Its a fine line between how he talks and not being taken seriously or someone feeling like he is goofing off. We have a kid on our team, also talking about hitting dingers (like Big Al) and if you didn't know the kid and just hear him talking, you would think he was cocky, but he is so well respected on the team, he gives a bigger effort than anyone else does and just plays the game the right way. I am better for having known this 12 year old kid. Reminds me a lot of these 2 clips.
Doug Woog - 1990