Simple Pleasures...

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Golden FE Ranger » Mon 3/26/12 9:42 pm

Lars Sauve wrote:Finding the right cave. Just one of the 7 puzzles though. Still a lot to decipher. But we have some momentum.


These posts.
President GWB said, "And it seems like Minnesota is pretty good at hockey, too."

"I think in the best interest of his career, he definitely would benefit from playing one more year of college," Gretzky said.


"Playing well is not good enough, winning is good enough." Doug Woog 2/27/10
User avatar
Golden FE Ranger
Golden
 
Posts: 6296 • Age: 38
Likes: 662 posts • Liked in: 442 posts
Joined: Thu 4/13/06 1:59 pm
Location: Section 7

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Handyman » Mon 3/26/12 10:10 pm

psych wrote:The smell of banana bread baking in the oven...I know, I know, I am :censored:ed up and this is like the 5th loaf I made in 2 weeks, but I figure this is a special occasion since the Gophers pounded the crap out of North Dakota. I used butterscotch chips this time. :good2:


Commercial Girl's mom gave me two loaves of Banana Bread for my birthday, and having a vacuum sealer so it wont be going bad so I can savor it for a looooooooong time!

Bananas + bread = :dup:

I will bring you some Dillo :)
If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

My name is not Dan...I am however a prick!

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014
User avatar
Handyman
Needs help
 
Posts: 14956 • Age: 34
Likes: 2149 posts • Liked in: 1852 posts
Joined: Mon 4/14/03 12:24 am
Location: Plymouth, MN

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby psych » Mon 3/26/12 10:13 pm

Handyman wrote:
psych wrote:The smell of banana bread baking in the oven...I know, I know, I am :censored:ed up and this is like the 5th loaf I made in 2 weeks, but I figure this is a special occasion since the Gophers pounded the crap out of North Dakota. I used butterscotch chips this time. :good2:


Commercial Girl's mom gave me two loaves of Banana Bread for my birthday, and having a vacuum sealer so it wont be going bad so I can savor it for a looooooooong time!

Bananas + bread = :dup:

I will bring you some Dillo :)


Bring Commercial Girl too so we actually believe you have a girlfriend. :mrgreen: :wink:
User avatar
psych
Lifer
 
Posts: 3729
Likes: 0 post • Liked in: 101 posts
Joined: Wed 8/05/09 10:00 pm
Location: Bowling Green, KY

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Handyman » Mon 3/26/12 10:16 pm

She isn't my girlfriend ;)

She has rehearsals for 2 plays (she is at an audition for another as we speak...that is just nuts) so she cant go :/ There are people on this board though (1 of whom reads this thread from time to time actually) who can confirm she exists and we are dating ;)

Now back to banana bread...I think I might need to cut a slice...scalp it so to speak in honor of the Whioux and their Trail of Tears back down 94W :D
If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

My name is not Dan...I am however a prick!

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014
User avatar
Handyman
Needs help
 
Posts: 14956 • Age: 34
Likes: 2149 posts • Liked in: 1852 posts
Joined: Mon 4/14/03 12:24 am
Location: Plymouth, MN

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby gopherguy13 » Mon 3/26/12 10:37 pm

Lars Sauve wrote:Finding the right cave. Just one of the 7 puzzles though. Still a lot to decipher. But we have some momentum.

Keep fighting the good fight, Lars
"Oh, they're gonna dissect him like a frog. Like Kermit. That's probably my favorite frog.”
User avatar
gopherguy13
Golden
 
Posts: 8959 • Age: 22
Likes: 803 posts • Liked in: 1421 posts
Joined: Sat 10/02/10 8:53 pm
Location: Prior Lake, MN

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby NYC Gopher fan » Mon 3/26/12 10:42 pm

Handyman wrote:She isn't my girlfriend ;)

She has rehearsals for 2 plays (she is at an audition for another as we speak...that is just nuts) so she cant go :/ There are people on this board though (1 of whom reads this thread from time to time actually) who can confirm she exists and we are dating ;)

Now back to banana bread...I think I might need to cut a slice...scalp it so to speak in honor of the Whioux and their Trail of Tears back down 94W :D


Yes, Yes, commercial girl is real and they ARE dating!
NYC Gopher fan
Rookie
 
Posts: 482
Likes: 357 posts • Liked in: 112 posts
Joined: Mon 1/21/08 10:15 pm

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Armadillo » Mon 3/26/12 10:55 pm

NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Handyman wrote:She isn't my girlfriend ;)

She has rehearsals for 2 plays (she is at an audition for another as we speak...that is just nuts) so she cant go :/ There are people on this board though (1 of whom reads this thread from time to time actually) who can confirm she exists and we are dating ;)

Now back to banana bread...I think I might need to cut a slice...scalp it so to speak in honor of the Whioux and their Trail of Tears back down 94W :D


Yes, Yes, commercial girl is real and they ARE dating!


OK, Doug...you can sign back in as "Handyman" now. We get it. :mrgreen:
GPL Unofficial Puck-to-the-Head Expert since 2006.

"If it was gravy or death, I'd eat it off of Rosie O'Donnell's asscrack. You can print that." -The Rube
User avatar
Armadillo
Golden
 
Posts: 7783 • Age: 36
Likes: 95 posts • Liked in: 1334 posts
Joined: Mon 11/14/05 1:11 pm
Location: Maple Grove, MN

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Handyman » Mon 3/26/12 11:25 pm

Armadillo wrote:
NYC Gopher fan wrote:
Handyman wrote:She isn't my girlfriend ;)

She has rehearsals for 2 plays (she is at an audition for another as we speak...that is just nuts) so she cant go :/ There are people on this board though (1 of whom reads this thread from time to time actually) who can confirm she exists and we are dating ;)

Now back to banana bread...I think I might need to cut a slice...scalp it so to speak in honor of the Whioux and their Trail of Tears back down 94W :D


Yes, Yes, commercial girl is real and they ARE dating!


OK, Doug...you can sign back in as "Handyman" now. We get it. :mrgreen:


Image

I think he has too much hair to be me ;)

Well played Dillo...though NYC is a girl so you just insulted her by comparing her to me.
If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

My name is not Dan...I am however a prick!

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014
User avatar
Handyman
Needs help
 
Posts: 14956 • Age: 34
Likes: 2149 posts • Liked in: 1852 posts
Joined: Mon 4/14/03 12:24 am
Location: Plymouth, MN

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Armadillo » Mon 3/26/12 11:42 pm

Handyman wrote:Well played Dillo...though NYC is a girl so you just insulted her by comparing her to me.


Really?

*changes into tuxedo*
*slicks back hair*
*sprays mouth with Binaca*

Image
GPL Unofficial Puck-to-the-Head Expert since 2006.

"If it was gravy or death, I'd eat it off of Rosie O'Donnell's asscrack. You can print that." -The Rube
User avatar
Armadillo
Golden
 
Posts: 7783 • Age: 36
Likes: 95 posts • Liked in: 1334 posts
Joined: Mon 11/14/05 1:11 pm
Location: Maple Grove, MN

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Handyman » Tue 3/27/12 9:17 am

Image
If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

My name is not Dan...I am however a prick!

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014
User avatar
Handyman
Needs help
 
Posts: 14956 • Age: 34
Likes: 2149 posts • Liked in: 1852 posts
Joined: Mon 4/14/03 12:24 am
Location: Plymouth, MN

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Slap Shot » Tue 3/27/12 9:14 pm

Son (8): Hi dad, how was work today?
Dad (not 8): Great bud, how was your day off from school?
Son: Terrible. Well, Gus (brother, 9) was sick and all my friends in the neighborhood were gone today and I'm bored.
Dad: Ah, but I just saw Brady on his bike.
Son: I don't like Brady.
Dad: Why not?
Son: Because that kid is a Richard

I swear I've never said it in from of him once.
User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
 
Posts: 8150
Likes: 879 posts • Liked in: 753 posts
Joined: Sat 5/14/05 9:01 pm
Location: Brooklyn Park

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby psych » Tue 3/27/12 9:39 pm

The Yankees will be in Tampa during the Frozen Four. The interactions between BC (I assume Red Sox) fans and Yankees fans could make for some good entertainment. :mrgreen:
User avatar
psych
Lifer
 
Posts: 3729
Likes: 0 post • Liked in: 101 posts
Joined: Wed 8/05/09 10:00 pm
Location: Bowling Green, KY

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Lars Sauve » Tue 3/27/12 9:43 pm

The song "High Summer" by Van Morrison. I've been listening to it for about five hours now, and it is a wonderful song. Still not sure why I got a music box that plays it, or what it is supposed to mean, but it is a good song.
Be net-crashing, steel-driving men, like John Henry.
Lars Sauve
Rookie
 
Posts: 286
Likes: 0 post • Liked in: 40 posts
Joined: Wed 4/16/08 10:41 am

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby davescharf » Tue 3/27/12 10:13 pm

Slap Shot wrote:Son (8): Hi dad, how was work today?
Dad (not 8): Great bud, how was your day off from school?
Son: Terrible. Well, Gus (brother, 9) was sick and all my friends in the neighborhood were gone today and I'm bored.
Dad: Ah, but I just saw Brady on his bike.
Son: I don't like Brady.
Dad: Why not?
Son: Because that kid is a Richard

I swear I've never said it in from of him once.


I laughed really loud at this. I know it isn't long until my 2 year old starts saying things that tests my ability to not bust a gut laughing.

My wife has a cousin who has a now 5 year old. When he was close to turning 4, He walked up to his mom at a family gathering and said "mom, is f%ck a bad word?". I do not know to this day how she answered with a straight face.
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.

Untappd user ID: Davescharf
User avatar
davescharf
Golden
 
Posts: 4036 • Age: 38
Likes: 174 posts • Liked in: 369 posts
Joined: Fri 2/11/05 7:22 am
Location: Plymouth

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby dailyfbo » Wed 3/28/12 10:09 am

The first time I remember one of our kids cussing was when our oldest was about four and we caught him saying "dammit." He was whispering it but not because he thought he would get in trouble for saying but because that's how he would hear me say it. I apparently tried to keep it quiet enough that he would hear it but that obviously didn't work.
dailyfbo
Golden
 
Posts: 1568
Likes: 0 post • Liked in: 31 posts
Joined: Wed 4/13/05 10:55 am
Location: Lindstrom

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby minnhkyruls » Wed 3/28/12 10:23 am

My two year old daughter now tells my wife "I got it on LOCK-DOWN" when she is getting yelled at.......I don't know where she gets it!! :D
User avatar
minnhkyruls
Golden
 
Posts: 448 • Age: 39
Likes: 53 posts • Liked in: 13 posts
Joined: Sat 8/30/08 9:03 am
Location: FT Wainwright, AK

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Kelor » Wed 3/28/12 3:19 pm

The satire of the following picture

Image
Kelor
Golden
 
Posts: 3481
Likes: 291 posts • Liked in: 236 posts
Joined: Sat 2/12/05 8:19 pm

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Composer » Wed 3/28/12 4:15 pm

Kelor wrote:The satire of the following picture

Image


The satire of my eyeroll. :roll:
De gustibus non est disputandum
User avatar
Composer
Super Vet
 
Posts: 2059
Likes: 1 post • Liked in: 184 posts
Joined: Mon 5/01/06 8:46 am

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby sunbone » Wed 3/28/12 4:20 pm

That someone would find anything pleasurable about that story in any way is just bizarre to me.
User avatar
sunbone
Golden
 
Posts: 5612 • Age: 47
Likes: 17 posts • Liked in: 1072 posts
Joined: Fri 2/11/05 3:18 pm
Location: PWC

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Kelor » Wed 3/28/12 4:29 pm

It's not the fact that there was a death that's pleasurable. It's that the media has played us all like fiddles. The piece is satire that nails part of the propaganda we have all been inundated with the last week and a half.

We now have standing house members violating protocol on the floor, others clearly lying to reporters to increase racial tension, black panther "leaders" putting a bounty on the head of Zimmerman dead or alive -- yet the media ignores these more blatantly obvious issues with clear conclusions.

The REAL topic is deadly serious.
Kelor
Golden
 
Posts: 3481
Likes: 291 posts • Liked in: 236 posts
Joined: Sat 2/12/05 8:19 pm

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby sunbone » Wed 3/28/12 4:42 pm

Kelor wrote:It's not the fact that there was a death that's pleasurable. It's that the media has played us all like fiddles. The piece is satire that nails part of the propaganda we have all been inundated with the last week and a half.

We now have standing house members violating protocol on the floor, others clearly lying to reporters to increase racial tension, black panther "leaders" putting a bounty on the head of Zimmerman dead or alive -- yet the media ignores these more blatantly obvious issues with clear conclusions.

The REAL topic is deadly serious.


I find the whole story sad, both the death and how people on both sides somehow want to use it to further some agenda.
User avatar
sunbone
Golden
 
Posts: 5612 • Age: 47
Likes: 17 posts • Liked in: 1072 posts
Joined: Fri 2/11/05 3:18 pm
Location: PWC

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Jupiter » Wed 3/28/12 4:46 pm

Here is my best advise...

Ignore the national, politically charged news all together. I figure if I don't know anything about what people are bitching about, I don't have to talk to anyone about it... AND... I can keep on not giving a rats ass about something I know nothing about!

It's nothing but a win situation for me!!!

:good2: :good2: :good2:



EDIT: and this post is actually a simple pleasure!
Don't like how GPL is run? Get your own site if you don't like it!
Stop using Internet Explorer, it's for your own good!
User avatar
Jupiter
The Bringer of Jollity
 
Posts: 11741 • Age: 41
Likes: 157 posts • Liked in: 697 posts
Joined: Wed 4/09/03 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Kelor » Wed 3/28/12 4:59 pm

:dup: If the national news does a piece on the Gophers winning the NCAA, can I pay attention to that? :dup:

Wooohooooo!!!!!
Kelor
Golden
 
Posts: 3481
Likes: 291 posts • Liked in: 236 posts
Joined: Sat 2/12/05 8:19 pm

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Don Adams Wheel of Justice » Wed 3/28/12 5:42 pm

Watching my 5 and 2 year old girls belly laugh at Tom and Jerry cartoons. I also asked the 5 year old if she knew it wasn't OK to hit someone with a shovel like the cartoon. She rolled her eyes at me and said, "I know DAD!".
User avatar
Don Adams Wheel of Justice
Veteran
 
Posts: 591 • Age: 43
Likes: 10 posts • Liked in: 50 posts
Joined: Tue 7/29/08 12:50 pm
Location: NW Metro

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Golden FE Ranger » Wed 3/28/12 7:37 pm

Walking Navy Pier and seeing a Gopher Hockey Championship banner in a store window. I almost fell over. :dance:
President GWB said, "And it seems like Minnesota is pretty good at hockey, too."

"I think in the best interest of his career, he definitely would benefit from playing one more year of college," Gretzky said.


"Playing well is not good enough, winning is good enough." Doug Woog 2/27/10
User avatar
Golden FE Ranger
Golden
 
Posts: 6296 • Age: 38
Likes: 662 posts • Liked in: 442 posts
Joined: Thu 4/13/06 1:59 pm
Location: Section 7

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Tee09 » Wed 3/28/12 7:52 pm

sunbone wrote:I find the whole story sad, both the death and how people on both sides somehow want to use it to further some agenda.


There's only one side currently engaged in exploiting this kid's death to further an agenda, be it race hustling for political gain or advocating for more restrictive gun laws. Their minds are made up regardless of the facts, and they are in full-out mob-inciting frothy mode. Fortunately, most people are reasonable and taking the side of "let's wait for the facts to come out and not jump to conclusions." What agenda would any other "side" possibly be advancing?

And a simple pleasure: setting the hook into a big, bait-stealing fish after he's stolen three minnows from you.
User avatar
Tee09
Golden
 
Posts: 3926
Likes: 0 post • Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon 1/15/07 9:40 pm

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Slap Shot » Wed 3/28/12 9:17 pm

The problem with this story is there idiots that want to make it about race and others that want to ignore debating if Zimmerman was a vigilante gone wild - an act which doesn't require prejudice to produce.

And just to throw a 'mirror in a hallway' at this argument, by the Florida law if Zimmerman chased Martin and Martin felt threatened...

:wink:
User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
 
Posts: 8150
Likes: 879 posts • Liked in: 753 posts
Joined: Sat 5/14/05 9:01 pm
Location: Brooklyn Park

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Don Adams Wheel of Justice » Wed 3/28/12 9:40 pm

I thought this was the simple pleasures thread?
User avatar
Don Adams Wheel of Justice
Veteran
 
Posts: 591 • Age: 43
Likes: 10 posts • Liked in: 50 posts
Joined: Tue 7/29/08 12:50 pm
Location: NW Metro

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby WPoSforever » Wed 3/28/12 9:52 pm

Putting down a deposit for a golden retriever puppy.
User avatar
WPoSforever
Golden
 
Posts: 223 • Age: 26
Likes: 113 posts • Liked in: 21 posts
Joined: Fri 11/13/09 12:29 am

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby gopherguy13 » Wed 3/28/12 11:57 pm

Don Adams Wheel of Justice wrote:Watching my 5 and 2 year old girls belly laugh at Tom and Jerry cartoons. I also asked the 5 year old if she knew it wasn't OK to hit someone with a shovel like the cartoon. She rolled her eyes at me and said, "I know DAD!".

Tom and Jerry is so awesome! My roommate and I watch it Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon :lol:

Flashback to childhood, good stuff :good2:
"Oh, they're gonna dissect him like a frog. Like Kermit. That's probably my favorite frog.”
User avatar
gopherguy13
Golden
 
Posts: 8959 • Age: 22
Likes: 803 posts • Liked in: 1421 posts
Joined: Sat 10/02/10 8:53 pm
Location: Prior Lake, MN

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby gopherguy13 » Thu 3/29/12 1:08 am

@StealthMountain on Twitter. His sole purpose on Twitter is to correct people when they have typed "Sneak peak" instead of "sneak peek" :lol:

Click on his favorites, that's where all of the replies to him are. Some people get really bent out of shape about it :lol:
"Oh, they're gonna dissect him like a frog. Like Kermit. That's probably my favorite frog.”
User avatar
gopherguy13
Golden
 
Posts: 8959 • Age: 22
Likes: 803 posts • Liked in: 1421 posts
Joined: Sat 10/02/10 8:53 pm
Location: Prior Lake, MN

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Composer » Thu 3/29/12 6:53 am

Don Adams Wheel of Justice wrote:I thought this was the simple pleasures thread?


This was 1/2 the reason for my eyeroll. The other half was that some people just cannot control themselves. I now call them the people that get topics locked.
De gustibus non est disputandum
User avatar
Composer
Super Vet
 
Posts: 2059
Likes: 1 post • Liked in: 184 posts
Joined: Mon 5/01/06 8:46 am

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby gopher wes » Thu 3/29/12 9:20 am

This rarely happens but I love when I get the last cup of coffee and leave the pot empty for the next sucker to go in there because I am usually the sucker!! :evil: :evil_laugh: :hahano:
I ♥ Golden Gopher Hockey :pelvic_thrust:
Playstation Network Username: gopher_wes
Golden Gopher Hockey 2011-2012: "We Found Love in a Hopeless Place"
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=29 ... ef=profile
Image
User avatar
gopher wes
Lifer
 
Posts: 4478 • Age: 27
Likes: 912 posts • Liked in: 287 posts
Joined: Mon 11/06/06 8:29 pm
Location: Hometown: Plymouth Currently: Champlin

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Handyman » Thu 3/29/12 10:12 am

gopherguy13 wrote:@StealthMountain on Twitter. His sole purpose on Twitter is to correct people when they have typed "Sneak peak" instead of "sneak peek" :lol:

Click on his favorites, that's where all of the replies to him are. Some people get really bent out of shape about it :lol:


That whole concept is full of win! :dup:
If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

My name is not Dan...I am however a prick!

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014
User avatar
Handyman
Needs help
 
Posts: 14956 • Age: 34
Likes: 2149 posts • Liked in: 1852 posts
Joined: Mon 4/14/03 12:24 am
Location: Plymouth, MN

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Kelly Red » Thu 3/29/12 11:05 am

gopher wes wrote:This rarely happens but I love when I get the last cup of coffee and leave the pot empty for the next sucker to go in there because I am usually the sucker!! :evil: :evil_laugh: :hahano:
So your Simple Pleasure is to drink the dregs of the pot that have been sitting there and the next guy has to settle for a fresh pot of coffee? I'll be the next person anytime :dance:
User avatar
Kelly Red
Super Vet
 
Posts: 1126
Likes: 110 posts • Liked in: 190 posts
Joined: Wed 12/05/07 5:12 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby gopher wes » Thu 3/29/12 11:23 am

Kelly Red wrote:
gopher wes wrote:This rarely happens but I love when I get the last cup of coffee and leave the pot empty for the next sucker to go in there because I am usually the sucker!! :evil: :evil_laugh: :hahano:
So your Simple Pleasure is to drink the dregs of the pot that have been sitting there and the next guy has to settle for a fresh pot of coffee? I'll be the next person anytime :dance:

My only problem is these guys NEVER make a new pot. I have no problem making a new pot or drinking the last cup of a pot. I just hate showing up when these ass hats leave less than half a cup of coffee in the bottom of the pot :chainsaw: . So when I get the last full cup out of a pot I enjoy it!
I ♥ Golden Gopher Hockey :pelvic_thrust:
Playstation Network Username: gopher_wes
Golden Gopher Hockey 2011-2012: "We Found Love in a Hopeless Place"
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=29 ... ef=profile
Image
User avatar
gopher wes
Lifer
 
Posts: 4478 • Age: 27
Likes: 912 posts • Liked in: 287 posts
Joined: Mon 11/06/06 8:29 pm
Location: Hometown: Plymouth Currently: Champlin

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Beauner » Thu 3/29/12 11:34 am

gopher wes wrote:
Kelly Red wrote:
gopher wes wrote:This rarely happens but I love when I get the last cup of coffee and leave the pot empty for the next sucker to go in there because I am usually the sucker!! :evil: :evil_laugh: :hahano:
So your Simple Pleasure is to drink the dregs of the pot that have been sitting there and the next guy has to settle for a fresh pot of coffee? I'll be the next person anytime :dance:

My only problem is these guys NEVER make a new pot. I have no problem making a new pot or drinking the last cup of a pot. I just hate showing up when these ass hats leave less than half a cup of coffee in the bottom of the pot :chainsaw: . So when I get the last full cup out of a pot I enjoy it!


Wanna know the solution to that whole problem?
Stop drinking coffee. It's gross. :mrgreen:
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"
User avatar
Beauner
Golden
 
Posts: 10456 • Age: 26
Likes: 879 posts • Liked in: 1289 posts
Joined: Sat 2/12/05 3:59 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby gopher wes » Thu 3/29/12 11:43 am

That is a valid option. I don't NEED coffee, but I do enjoy a cup or two at work in the morning.

The other option would be for people to not be completely inconsiderate and start a new pot of coffee when they take all but less than half a cup of the current pot....its not that hard to start a new pot of coffee. :wink:
I ♥ Golden Gopher Hockey :pelvic_thrust:
Playstation Network Username: gopher_wes
Golden Gopher Hockey 2011-2012: "We Found Love in a Hopeless Place"
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=29 ... ef=profile
Image
User avatar
gopher wes
Lifer
 
Posts: 4478 • Age: 27
Likes: 912 posts • Liked in: 287 posts
Joined: Mon 11/06/06 8:29 pm
Location: Hometown: Plymouth Currently: Champlin

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby g_manpucker » Fri 3/30/12 2:22 pm

Getting home after being gone all week for work. It's not a normal thing for my job but I do end up out of town about every 18 months for service rep training. It makes me appreciate Minnesota after being in northeast Georgia for the week.
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL
User avatar
g_manpucker
Golden
 
Posts: 3973 • Age: 41
Likes: 126 posts • Liked in: 305 posts
Joined: Sun 1/21/07 1:39 pm
Location: Killin' em in Kato!

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Golden FE Ranger » Fri 3/30/12 2:37 pm

g_manpucker wrote:Getting home after being gone all week for work. It's not a normal thing for my job but I do end up out of town about every 18 months for service rep training. It makes me appreciate Minnesota after being in northeast Georgia for the week.


I have similar sentiments after spending the week in NW IN.
President GWB said, "And it seems like Minnesota is pretty good at hockey, too."

"I think in the best interest of his career, he definitely would benefit from playing one more year of college," Gretzky said.


"Playing well is not good enough, winning is good enough." Doug Woog 2/27/10
User avatar
Golden FE Ranger
Golden
 
Posts: 6296 • Age: 38
Likes: 662 posts • Liked in: 442 posts
Joined: Thu 4/13/06 1:59 pm
Location: Section 7

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby psych » Fri 3/30/12 3:45 pm

Golden FE Ranger wrote:
g_manpucker wrote:Getting home after being gone all week for work. It's not a normal thing for my job but I do end up out of town about every 18 months for service rep training. It makes me appreciate Minnesota after being in northeast Georgia for the week.


I have similar sentiments after spending the week in NW IN.


Congratulations on making it out alive.
User avatar
psych
Lifer
 
Posts: 3729
Likes: 0 post • Liked in: 101 posts
Joined: Wed 8/05/09 10:00 pm
Location: Bowling Green, KY

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Orion » Fri 3/30/12 5:09 pm

rowshkex wrote:
davescharf wrote:Frozen Four watching party at Campus Pizza for those of us who aren't cool enough to bathe in those 3M bonuses? :)


I will be there to celebrate with you all.

My work request email:

"I am UNAVAILABLE the following shifts:

THURSDAY, APRIL 5 - ALL DAY
SATURDAY, APRIL 7 - ALL DAY"

:dance: :dance: :dance:


You may want to add Sunday morning to that!
User avatar
Orion
Golden
 
Posts: 1740
Likes: 21 posts • Liked in: 54 posts
Joined: Wed 2/15/06 8:51 pm
Location: 13.2 miles from Mariucci

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Golden FE Ranger » Fri 3/30/12 7:52 pm

psych wrote:
Golden FE Ranger wrote:
g_manpucker wrote:Getting home after being gone all week for work. It's not a normal thing for my job but I do end up out of town about every 18 months for service rep training. It makes me appreciate Minnesota after being in northeast Georgia for the week.


I have similar sentiments after spending the week in NW IN.


Congratulations on making it out alive.


:smt068 :ahhh: I won't be missing Gary.
President GWB said, "And it seems like Minnesota is pretty good at hockey, too."

"I think in the best interest of his career, he definitely would benefit from playing one more year of college," Gretzky said.


"Playing well is not good enough, winning is good enough." Doug Woog 2/27/10
User avatar
Golden FE Ranger
Golden
 
Posts: 6296 • Age: 38
Likes: 662 posts • Liked in: 442 posts
Joined: Thu 4/13/06 1:59 pm
Location: Section 7

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Dances With Gophers » Sat 3/31/12 8:46 am

Receiving an unexpected care package from a fellow GPLer. :D Zwak - YOU DA MAN!!! :dup: Your gift just made 3 Bosnians, 2 Murricans, a Pakistani, and a Kosovar EXTREMELY happy (this was my very first package received, Tim - you have no idea how much it lifts the spirit!!! :dance: )

:hug: Thanks again!!
Suddenly, it all makes sense: "ND produces enough sugarbeets that produce enough sugar to sweeten 27 billion gallons of Kool-Aid." ND Fun Facts Image :ahhh:
User avatar
Dances With Gophers
Golden
 
Posts: 5672 • Age: 41
Likes: 768 posts • Liked in: 217 posts
Joined: Wed 10/05/05 12:04 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Don Adams Wheel of Justice » Sat 3/31/12 9:35 am

Not sure if this goes here but we don't have a thread titled "Miracles in modern medicine that make you want to cry".

The dad in the video is a sports blogger on a neat website called http://www.thevictoryformation.com.
Another place I waste time when not on GPL. Pretty touching story.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ersBIAjH ... e=youtu.be
User avatar
Don Adams Wheel of Justice
Veteran
 
Posts: 591 • Age: 43
Likes: 10 posts • Liked in: 50 posts
Joined: Tue 7/29/08 12:50 pm
Location: NW Metro

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Bigbeer » Sat 3/31/12 9:38 am

Watching a dog hang it's head out a car window.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger
User avatar
Bigbeer
Super Vet
 
Posts: 2464
Likes: 46 posts • Liked in: 237 posts
Joined: Wed 1/11/06 3:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby hrbekroenick » Sat 3/31/12 10:01 am

First softball practice outside! IF you hear any profanity coming from 38th and Boone tomorrow PM, it's probably me hitting a can of corn. :chainsaw:
User avatar
hrbekroenick
Veteran
 
Posts: 984
Likes: 427 posts • Liked in: 87 posts
Joined: Fri 2/11/05 5:18 pm
Location: Blaine

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby The Rube » Sat 3/31/12 11:32 am

The first scene in Full Metal Jacket. :dup:
Also known as Brenthoven on USCHO.
User avatar
The Rube
Golden
 
Posts: 10659
Likes: 705 posts • Liked in: 1013 posts
Joined: Sun 4/10/05 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Zwak » Sat 3/31/12 2:35 pm

Dances With Gophers wrote:Receiving an unexpected care package from a fellow GPLer. :D Zwak - YOU DA MAN!!! :dup: Your gift just made 3 Bosnians, 2 Murricans, a Pakistani, and a Kosovar EXTREMELY happy (this was my very first package received, Tim - you have no idea how much it lifts the spirit!!! :dance: )

:hug: Thanks again!!


Now for sure you have to come to trivia some time :wink: .

How much longer you going to be there? I have no idea how long 3 pounds of coffee will last as I don't drink it myself.
GPL's official source of trivia.
User avatar
Zwak
Golden
 
Posts: 7251 • Age: 48
Likes: 245 posts • Liked in: 286 posts
Joined: Mon 11/13/06 7:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Dances With Gophers » Sat 3/31/12 7:54 pm

Zwak wrote:
Dances With Gophers wrote:Receiving an unexpected care package from a fellow GPLer. :D Zwak - YOU DA MAN!!! :dup: Your gift just made 3 Bosnians, 2 Murricans, a Pakistani, and a Kosovar EXTREMELY happy (this was my very first package received, Tim - you have no idea how much it lifts the spirit!!! :dance: )

:hug: Thanks again!!


Now for sure you have to come to trivia some time :wink: .

How much longer you going to be there? I have no idea how long 3 pounds of coffee will last as I don't drink it myself.

12 months, but it will probably stretch to a full 2 years :(

Will DEFINITELY come to trivia night! :dance:
Suddenly, it all makes sense: "ND produces enough sugarbeets that produce enough sugar to sweeten 27 billion gallons of Kool-Aid." ND Fun Facts Image :ahhh:
User avatar
Dances With Gophers
Golden
 
Posts: 5672 • Age: 41
Likes: 768 posts • Liked in: 217 posts
Joined: Wed 10/05/05 12:04 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Greyeagle » Sat 3/31/12 7:57 pm

Dances With Gophers wrote:
Zwak wrote:
Dances With Gophers wrote:Receiving an unexpected care package from a fellow GPLer. :D Zwak - YOU DA MAN!!! :dup: Your gift just made 3 Bosnians, 2 Murricans, a Pakistani, and a Kosovar EXTREMELY happy (this was my very first package received, Tim - you have no idea how much it lifts the spirit!!! :dance: )

:hug: Thanks again!!


Now for sure you have to come to trivia some time :wink: .

How much longer you going to be there? I have no idea how long 3 pounds of coffee will last as I don't drink it myself.

12 months, but it will probably stretch to a full 2 years :(

Will DEFINITELY come to trivia night! :dance:


Very cool Zwak.

So DWG. is the architecture better than the 3M Center? :biggrin2:
Piss on you, I'm working for Mel Brooks!
User avatar
Greyeagle
Golden
 
Posts: 12594 • Age: 47
Likes: 1171 posts • Liked in: 1130 posts
Joined: Wed 4/09/03 12:12 pm
Location: Pig's Eye

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Dances With Gophers » Sat 3/31/12 8:39 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Dances With Gophers wrote:
Zwak wrote:
Dances With Gophers wrote:Receiving an unexpected care package from a fellow GPLer. :D Zwak - YOU DA MAN!!! :dup: Your gift just made 3 Bosnians, 2 Murricans, a Pakistani, and a Kosovar EXTREMELY happy (this was my very first package received, Tim - you have no idea how much it lifts the spirit!!! :dance: )

:hug: Thanks again!!


Now for sure you have to come to trivia some time :wink: .

How much longer you going to be there? I have no idea how long 3 pounds of coffee will last as I don't drink it myself.

12 months, but it will probably stretch to a full 2 years :(

Will DEFINITELY come to trivia night! :dance:


Very cool Zwak.

So DWG. is the architecture better than the 3M Center? :biggrin2:

The constant construction/renovation projects going on 24x7 makes me think I never left 3M to begin with :lol:
Suddenly, it all makes sense: "ND produces enough sugarbeets that produce enough sugar to sweeten 27 billion gallons of Kool-Aid." ND Fun Facts Image :ahhh:
User avatar
Dances With Gophers
Golden
 
Posts: 5672 • Age: 41
Likes: 768 posts • Liked in: 217 posts
Joined: Wed 10/05/05 12:04 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Tee09 » Sat 3/31/12 8:58 pm

Getting ready to ride along in the KU waaaaaambulance after tOSU finishes rubbing their noses in it. I hope they do the same thing to Kentucky in the championship game.
User avatar
Tee09
Golden
 
Posts: 3926
Likes: 0 post • Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon 1/15/07 9:40 pm

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Golden FE Ranger » Sat 3/31/12 8:58 pm

Dances With Gophers wrote:
Greyeagle wrote:
Dances With Gophers wrote:
Zwak wrote:
Dances With Gophers wrote:Receiving an unexpected care package from a fellow GPLer. :D Zwak - YOU DA MAN!!! :dup: Your gift just made 3 Bosnians, 2 Murricans, a Pakistani, and a Kosovar EXTREMELY happy (this was my very first package received, Tim - you have no idea how much it lifts the spirit!!! :dance: )

:hug: Thanks again!!


Now for sure you have to come to trivia some time :wink: .

How much longer you going to be there? I have no idea how long 3 pounds of coffee will last as I don't drink it myself.

12 months, but it will probably stretch to a full 2 years :(

Will DEFINITELY come to trivia night! :dance:




Very cool Zwak.

So DWG. is the architecture better than the 3M Center? :biggrin2:

The constant construction/renovation projects going on 24x7 makes me think I never left 3M to begin with :lol:


Stay safe.
Last edited by Golden FE Ranger on Sat 3/31/12 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
President GWB said, "And it seems like Minnesota is pretty good at hockey, too."

"I think in the best interest of his career, he definitely would benefit from playing one more year of college," Gretzky said.


"Playing well is not good enough, winning is good enough." Doug Woog 2/27/10
User avatar
Golden FE Ranger
Golden
 
Posts: 6296 • Age: 38
Likes: 662 posts • Liked in: 442 posts
Joined: Thu 4/13/06 1:59 pm
Location: Section 7

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby psych » Sat 3/31/12 9:16 pm

Tee09 wrote:Getting ready to ride along in the KU waaaaaambulance after tOSU finishes rubbing their noses in it. I hope they do the same thing to Kentucky in the championship game.


Oh God yes. Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease someone knock off UK. I would be able to drive a boat on the trail of tears to work on Tuesday if UK lost Monday night. :beg: :beg: Already I am seeing such witty statuses on facebook such as "No matter what happens Monday night, UK is the best basketball team in the world" and "BBN...BIG BLUE NATION...DEAL WITH IT." :bored: :coffee:
User avatar
psych
Lifer
 
Posts: 3729
Likes: 0 post • Liked in: 101 posts
Joined: Wed 8/05/09 10:00 pm
Location: Bowling Green, KY

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby st8ofhockey » Sat 3/31/12 9:30 pm

psych wrote:
Tee09 wrote:Getting ready to ride along in the KU waaaaaambulance after tOSU finishes rubbing their noses in it. I hope they do the same thing to Kentucky in the championship game.


Oh God yes. Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease someone knock off UK. I would be able to drive a boat on the trail of tears to work on Tuesday if UK lost Monday night. :beg: :beg: Already I am seeing such witty statuses on facebook such as "No matter what happens Monday night, UK is the best basketball team in the world" and "BBN...BIG BLUE NATION...DEAL WITH IT." :bored: :coffee:


This. OMFG This. UK Fans are right up there with Whioux fans, having now experienced both first hand. As I type, most of the residential areas around campus are having to shut down streets to cars because "couch burning" is apparently a thing here in Lexington :confused2: Also at least one confirmed car fire... JFC, I hope they get embarrassed Monday night.

Walking off campus is enough to make a person :puke: ... imagine a housing area like that North of Dinkytown, but every porch is draped with a bedsheet bearing some semi-profane graffiti in support of UK. Such as "If you don't bleed blue, take your b****-a** home" or "F*** Louisville, this is Cat Country" :roll:
User avatar
st8ofhockey
Golden
 
Posts: 2359
Likes: 59 posts • Liked in: 81 posts
Joined: Sat 4/07/07 10:29 pm
Location: Rochester, MN

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby psych » Sat 3/31/12 9:42 pm

st8ofhockey wrote:
psych wrote:
Tee09 wrote:Getting ready to ride along in the KU waaaaaambulance after tOSU finishes rubbing their noses in it. I hope they do the same thing to Kentucky in the championship game.


Oh God yes. Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease someone knock off UK. I would be able to drive a boat on the trail of tears to work on Tuesday if UK lost Monday night. :beg: :beg: Already I am seeing such witty statuses on facebook such as "No matter what happens Monday night, UK is the best basketball team in the world" and "BBN...BIG BLUE NATION...DEAL WITH IT." :bored: :coffee:


This. OMFG This. UK Fans are right up there with Whioux fans, having now experienced both first hand. As I type, most of the residential areas around campus are having to shut down streets to cars because "couch burning" is apparently a thing here in Lexington :confused2: Also at least one confirmed car fire... JFC, I hope they get embarrassed Monday night.

Walking off campus is enough to make a person :puke: ... imagine a housing area like that North of Dinkytown, but every porch is draped with a bedsheet bearing some semi-profane graffiti in support of UK. Such as "If you don't bleed blue, take your b****-a** home" or "F*** Louisville, this is Cat Country" :roll:


Yep. Sounds about right. One of my good friends (UK fan) cannot understand for the life of him why I absolutely hate UK as much as I do. Even if I was not an Indiana fan to begin with, I would never join the "BBN" people down here speak of. If being apart of "BBN" means having less IQ points than teeth in your mouth (answer for both: 0) than I will gladly cheer for anyone but UK. It was priceless to watch this same good friend of mine cry last year after UConn upset UK in the Final Four. :evil_laugh:
User avatar
psych
Lifer
 
Posts: 3729
Likes: 0 post • Liked in: 101 posts
Joined: Wed 8/05/09 10:00 pm
Location: Bowling Green, KY

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby psych » Sat 3/31/12 10:20 pm

And of course Kansas, who has no shot to beat UK, beats Ohio State. *sigh* At least I predicted the correct championship for the first time in my life...I think.

Edit: Oh dear, an OSU fan crying. That was worth it.
User avatar
psych
Lifer
 
Posts: 3729
Likes: 0 post • Liked in: 101 posts
Joined: Wed 8/05/09 10:00 pm
Location: Bowling Green, KY

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Tee09 » Sat 3/31/12 10:22 pm

Pretty epic collapse, nuts. Sorry, but I have to pull for Calipari's paid players over Self's paid players. We'll be around a bunch of KU fans for Easter.
User avatar
Tee09
Golden
 
Posts: 3926
Likes: 0 post • Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon 1/15/07 9:40 pm

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby TexasJ00 » Sat 3/31/12 11:06 pm

psych wrote:Oh dear, an OSU fan crying. That was worth it.


But...they're Ohio State.
User avatar
TexasJ00
Newbie
 
Posts: 64 • Age: 26
Likes: 0 post • Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat 1/26/08 8:53 pm
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby gopherguy13 » Sun 4/01/12 1:18 am

Watching 1990's Nickelodeon shows. Holy hell, bringing me back to childhood. #90sKids
"Oh, they're gonna dissect him like a frog. Like Kermit. That's probably my favorite frog.”
User avatar
gopherguy13
Golden
 
Posts: 8959 • Age: 22
Likes: 803 posts • Liked in: 1421 posts
Joined: Sat 10/02/10 8:53 pm
Location: Prior Lake, MN

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Handyman » Sun 4/01/12 8:36 am

gopherguy13 wrote:Watching 1990's Nickelodeon shows. Holy hell, bringing me back to childhood. #90sKids


Which ones...and how? I need me some nostalgia!
If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

My name is not Dan...I am however a prick!

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014
User avatar
Handyman
Needs help
 
Posts: 14956 • Age: 34
Likes: 2149 posts • Liked in: 1852 posts
Joined: Mon 4/14/03 12:24 am
Location: Plymouth, MN

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby gopherguy13 » Sun 4/01/12 11:00 am

Handyman wrote:
gopherguy13 wrote:Watching 1990's Nickelodeon shows. Holy hell, bringing me back to childhood. #90sKids


Which ones...and how? I need me some nostalgia!

We watched All That and Kenan & Kel on Teen Nick. Apparently every night at 11 PM they go back to the 90's on Teen Nick!
"Oh, they're gonna dissect him like a frog. Like Kermit. That's probably my favorite frog.”
User avatar
gopherguy13
Golden
 
Posts: 8959 • Age: 22
Likes: 803 posts • Liked in: 1421 posts
Joined: Sat 10/02/10 8:53 pm
Location: Prior Lake, MN

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Beauner » Sun 4/01/12 8:19 pm

psych wrote:And of course Kansas, who has no shot to beat UK, beats Ohio State. *sigh* At least I predicted the correct championship for the first time in my life...I think.

Edit: Oh dear, an OSU fan crying. That was worth it.


KU has a better chance to beat UK than OSU.
Neither team stands/stood much chance. But KU can at least match up down low with UK with Thomas Robinson matching up with tUnibrow. They've already played once and KU lost by 10, granted that was early in the season. Both teams have changed (and greatly improved, IMO). The championship game has what will most likely be the top 3 American players drafted in the NBA (Kidd-Douchechrist, Unibrow, Thomas Robinson).
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"
User avatar
Beauner
Golden
 
Posts: 10456 • Age: 26
Likes: 879 posts • Liked in: 1289 posts
Joined: Sat 2/12/05 3:59 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby sunbone » Mon 4/02/12 4:27 pm

hrbekroenick wrote:First softball practice outside! IF you hear any profanity coming from 38th and Boone tomorrow PM, it's probably me hitting a can of corn. :chainsaw:


I was there this weekend walking the dogs and saw a guy taking BP wearing the eye black and wearing two batting gloves, acting like it was game 7 of the World Series. I really, really hope that was not you! :lol:
User avatar
sunbone
Golden
 
Posts: 5612 • Age: 47
Likes: 17 posts • Liked in: 1072 posts
Joined: Fri 2/11/05 3:18 pm
Location: PWC

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby gator » Mon 4/02/12 7:53 pm

Taco Bell on the corner of Franklin & Minnehaha. Always a few characters in there.
KEEP YOUR STICK ON THE ICE
:trashpc:
The poster formerly known as gatorice
User avatar
gator
Golden
 
Posts: 6419 • Age: 39
Likes: 380 posts • Liked in: 249 posts
Joined: Fri 4/11/03 8:07 am
Location: Downtown MPLS. / Apple Valley

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Tee09 » Mon 4/02/12 9:07 pm

Initially I was upset that Kansas kept lucking their way through the tourney, but now I'm happy that I get to taste the sweet title game blowout KU fan tears.
User avatar
Tee09
Golden
 
Posts: 3926
Likes: 0 post • Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon 1/15/07 9:40 pm

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby streakygopher » Mon 4/02/12 9:46 pm

gopherguy13 wrote:Watching 1990's Nickelodeon shows. Holy hell, bringing me back to childhood. #90sKids

90s shows....bringing back childhood...... :mrgreen:
User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
 
Posts: 9845
Likes: 102 posts • Liked in: 509 posts
Joined: Thu 12/30/04 10:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Lars Sauve » Mon 4/02/12 9:49 pm

Wandering around the woods all day. Fresh air, good conversation, and moving just a little bit closer to the truth.
Be net-crashing, steel-driving men, like John Henry.
Lars Sauve
Rookie
 
Posts: 286
Likes: 0 post • Liked in: 40 posts
Joined: Wed 4/16/08 10:41 am

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby WPoS » Tue 4/03/12 7:19 am

streakygopher wrote:
gopherguy13 wrote:Watching 1990's Nickelodeon shows. Holy hell, bringing me back to childhood. #90sKids

90s shows....bringing back childhood...... :mrgreen:


childhood?!?!?....parise, I'm getting old!

W
Beer Darts Champion of the WORLD!
User avatar
WPoS
Lifer
 
Posts: 3776
Likes: 251 posts • Liked in: 176 posts
Joined: Fri 4/11/03 5:06 pm
Location: lunatics annonymous

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Kelor » Tue 4/03/12 7:56 am

WPoS wrote:
streakygopher wrote:
gopherguy13 wrote:Watching 1990's Nickelodeon shows. Holy hell, bringing me back to childhood. #90sKids

90s shows....bringing back childhood...... :mrgreen:


childhood?!?!?....parise, I'm getting old!

W


Would Saturday morning drinking games be considered childhood? (Any time one of the smurfs says the word "smurf" was a sure drunkfest). Papa Smurf, Papa Smurf!! Yes Baby Smurf? Papa Smurf, Mommie Smurf has fallen in the well! -- drink drink drink drink drink.
Kelor
Golden
 
Posts: 3481
Likes: 291 posts • Liked in: 236 posts
Joined: Sat 2/12/05 8:19 pm

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby monty » Tue 4/03/12 8:28 am

Lars Sauve wrote:Wandering around the woods all day. Fresh air, good conversation, and moving just a little bit closer to the truth.


Close to finding the remains of DB Cooper are you?
User avatar
monty
Golden
 
Posts: 1581
Likes: 17 posts • Liked in: 53 posts
Joined: Thu 6/16/05 12:34 pm
Location: Not where I want to be

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Zwak » Tue 4/03/12 8:39 am

buttered toast (lightly toasted)
GPL's official source of trivia.
User avatar
Zwak
Golden
 
Posts: 7251 • Age: 48
Likes: 245 posts • Liked in: 286 posts
Joined: Mon 11/13/06 7:09 pm
Location: South St. Paul

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby Beauner » Tue 4/03/12 10:46 am

Being able to go play with the dogs in the back yard with dad. He had an ankle fusion a week and a half ago and is off his feet for 2-3 months, but yesterday we went out to the back yard and threw the tennis ball for our dogs. They thoroughly enjoyed it, and I think he did too.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"
User avatar
Beauner
Golden
 
Posts: 10456 • Age: 26
Likes: 879 posts • Liked in: 1289 posts
Joined: Sat 2/12/05 3:59 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Simple Pleasures...

Postby davescharf » Tue 4/03/12 5:50 pm

monty wrote:
Lars Sauve wrote:Wandering around the woods all day. Fresh air, good conversation, and moving just a little bit closer to the truth.


Close to finding the remains of DB Cooper are you?


I actually thought at one time he was off seeking Horcruxes...
Member of the "Never used the 'ahh' smiley" in a post since September 2010.

Untappd user ID: Davescharf
User avatar
davescharf
Golden
 
Posts: 4036 • Age: 38
Likes: 174 posts • Liked in: 369 posts
Joined: Fri 2/11/05 7:22 am
Location: Plymouth

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests