--->

Gophers Bounced

This is where the Home Page Articles reside

Gophers Bounced

Postby Jeff Oftos » Sat 3/12/11 11:19 pm

Gophers Bounced

Another Season Lost…How Many More To Come??

Third period breakaway goals by 4th liner Mickey Spencer, and Tommy Grant were enough to send the Gophers packing for the season, sending Alaska-Anchorage to their 2nd ever Final Five in the process.

The blame to go around for the 2 – 0 final spreads far and wide, but there’s not much point to try and dissect one game in an absolute mess that’s three seasons long now. The end result of this weekend is only part of the story. There isn’t much anyone could do to explain all of this away, although it would have been nice for the coach to try, who refused to comment on the future of the program afterwards.

It doesn’t really matter that the Gophers were beaten and confused for most of the weekend by what most consider a weak program and a lesser team.

But are they?

The ‘M’ has lost a lot of respect in the last three seasons. I am really wondering not only how long it will take for it to come back, but how it’s gone away so fast.

There are 18 suites at Mariucci Arena. 7 Of them were empty tonight. The announced attendance was over nine thousand, but in reality was much, much lower. The arena itself is stale in appearance and the atmosphere can, quite frankly, not get much worse, especially when the Gophers are lacking any offensive chances.

No coach has missed 3 NCAA tournaments since Glen Sonmor. Think about that – it was over 40 years ago.

Next year is obviously the immediate future. The outlook is not that bright. The team officially now has no players with NCAA tournament experience. It’s a very young team in a league that puts a premium on age and strength.

The hockey team is the crown jewel of the Athletics Department. But the department is headed up by a complete dunderhead who doesn’t put any emphasis on his profit programs. Perhaps it’s about time to start adjusting all of our expectations – that this program should be happy with playing Anchorage ‘tough’ in losing a first round playoff series at home, after picking up their play after the Mariucci Classic.

I sure hope it doesn’t get that far. We’ve all got a while to wait before talking about next season. Most of us can’t wait to stop thinking about it.
Jeff Oftos
Veteran

Re: Gophers Bounced

Postby Davey J. » Sat 3/12/11 11:28 pm

Excellent piece!!!
Davey J.
Rookie

Postby MAP » Sat 3/12/11 11:36 pm

The legendary 1500 season ticket waiting list is going to evaporate...Though the Don bears much of the blame, much more goes to Joel du*b fu*k Maturi....look at all the revenue sports for the Gophers. He hired Brewster, Tubby and Kept the Don on. What more needs to be said. Maturi is the biggest disaster Gopher Athletics (???????????) has ever had as an Athletic Director (??????????).

If the U had a President worthy of the name, Joel and Don and Tubb would get their walking papers tomorrow morning....but expecting competence and intelligence from the U administration....oxymoron time.
MAP
Veteran

Postby Golden FE Ranger » Sat 3/12/11 11:45 pm

MAP wrote:The legendary 1500 season ticket waiting list is going to evaporate...Though the Don bears much of the blame, much more goes to Joel du*b fu*k Maturi....look at all the revenue sports for the Gophers. He hired Brewster, Tubby and Kept the Don on. What more needs to be said. Maturi is the biggest disaster Gopher Athletics (???????????) has ever had as an Athletic Director (??????????).

If the U had a President worthy of the name, Joel and Don and Tubb would get their walking papers tomorrow morning....but expecting competence and intelligence from the U administration....oxymoron time.

By including Tubby in your little rant, you have made it clear to me that you fall short of all the labels you put on Mr. Maturi.
Golden FE Ranger
Golden

Postby MAP » Sun 3/13/11 12:04 am

You'd better explain why Tubby is some exemplar of excellence...He's part of the same shabby pattern of idiocy and incompetence that characterizes Joel Maturi"s reign of imbecility. Of course, if you are defending Tubby....don't call me out on falling short of "all the labels I put on Mr. Maturi." Or, are you one of Joel's relatives...????
MAP
Veteran

Postby Golden FE Ranger » Sun 3/13/11 12:10 am

MAP wrote:You'd better explain why Tubby is some exemplar of excellence...He's part of the same shabby pattern of idiocy and incompetence that characterizes Joel Maturi"s reign of imbecility. Of course, if you are defending Tubby....don't call me out on falling short of "all the labels I put on Mr. Maturi." Or, are you one of Joel's relatives...????

Yea, right from the AD office playing spin control :roll: . Go ahead and tell me the name of one bball coach this school could have hired thT would have been better or come with a better resume than Tubby. I am feeling generous so I will save your small mind the effort - NO ONE. The problems at Williams would only be worse if Tubby were to go.
Golden FE Ranger
Golden

Postby WPoSforever » Sun 3/13/11 12:13 am

Tubby is by far the biggest name coach that the basketball program is going to attract. To think that there are going to get someone to come here that is better than him is just wrong. Although that basketball program isn't winning national championships, this is the best they have been in a long time and had a few unfortunate things happen to the team during the year. I am not a fan of Maturi and also want him gone, but to say he screwed up with Tubby is just ignorant.
WPoSforever
Golden

Postby Jupiter » Sun 3/13/11 12:13 am

Let's not have a Tubby discussion here please.
Don't like how GPL is run? Get your own site if you don't like it!
Stop using Internet Explorer, it's for your own good!
Jupiter
The Bringer of Jollity

Postby Greyeagle » Sun 3/13/11 12:16 am

I can't disagree with hiring Tubby but I do have to wonder why a guy would leave one of the top BB programs in the country for MN? :confused2: Throw in the severe mediocrity of Tubby's tenure and I can see the point.

Toninght was pathetic. Synchornized standing.
Greyeagle
Golden

Postby g_manpucker » Sun 3/13/11 12:36 am

Dunderhead...nice!
g_manpucker
Golden

Postby Frontroguy » Sun 3/13/11 2:02 am

The good news is, that rather than catch tonights game, I was at a C Squirt Tourney in Roseville. Tied in regulation, and the OT period the game went to the 11th round of a shootout before a winner was determined. To say the young man was an unlikely candidate to score is an understatement.

So cheer up Gopher faithful, the sun will rise, and there will be ice tomorrow.
Frontroguy
Golden

Postby Snowcool08 » Sun 3/13/11 2:21 am

Frontroguy wrote:So cheer up Gopher faithful, the sun will rise, and there will be ice tomorrow.

In your attempt to make everything chipper, you just reminded everyone that it's mid-March and there's still a couple feet of snow in our backyards. Well done. :D
Snowcool08
Lifer

Postby Frontroguy » Sun 3/13/11 9:12 am

Snowcool08 wrote:
Frontroguy wrote:So cheer up Gopher faithful, the sun will rise, and there will be ice tomorrow.

In your attempt to make everything chipper, you just reminded everyone that it's mid-March and there's still a couple feet of snow in our backyards. Well done. :D

I still get points for trying though, right? :ahhh:
Frontroguy
Golden

Postby team22tank » Sun 3/13/11 9:21 am

My mens hockey team plays at Mariucci on Tuesday admission is free. I'm not saying I'm just saying.
team22tank
Lifer

Postby Norm » Sun 3/13/11 11:36 am

Jeff, how do you figure only 3 seasons have been a mess?
Norm
Golden

Postby Erik T » Sun 3/13/11 1:22 pm

Downside on this awful awful Sunday: obvious FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

Upside: discovered GPL.

Plusses and minuses, silver linings, etc.
Erik T

Postby tc_brent » Sun 3/13/11 1:24 pm

I was listening to KFAN a couple years back and John Pohl was a guest on the Beyond the Pond show when it was announced that Mike Guentzel would not be coming back as an assistant coach. Pohl went on to talk about how this was a terrible move for the U, that the Gophers were really going to miss outon what he brings to the program...blah.blah.blah. I thought he was being dramatic and over the top about Guentzels contributions, but that was three years ago and the Gophers haven't been the same since.I like Lucia, and I typically hate the "lets get rid of the coach," approach, but in this case it is justified. I think Maturi needs to pull the trigger on this. I don't know if Guentzel would be a good coach, but I am sure we have the pick of the litter on potential coaching candidates. This needs to turn around NOW!

oh and 1 more suggestion, find some way to bring a little atmosphere to Mariucci. I cannot beleive how sterile and devoid of any life that building is. How do we go from awesome atmosphere in the Old Mariucci, to absolute dudsville in our new arena?
tc_brent

Postby Gopher » Sun 3/13/11 2:00 pm

tc_brent wrote:I was listening to KFAN a couple years back and John Pohl was a guest on the Beyond the Pond show when it was announced that Mike Guentzel would not be coming back as an assistant coach. Pohl went on to talk about how this was a terrible move for the U, that the Gophers were really going to miss outon what he brings to the program...blah.blah.blah. I thought he was being dramatic and over the top about Guentzels contributions, but that was three years ago and the Gophers haven't been the same since.I like Lucia, and I typically hate the "lets get rid of the coach," approach, but in this case it is justified. I think Maturi needs to pull the trigger on this. I don't know if Guentzel would be a good coach, but I am sure we have the pick of the litter on potential coaching candidates. This needs to turn around NOW!

oh and 1 more suggestion, find some way to bring a little atmosphere to Mariucci. I cannot beleive how sterile and devoid of any life that building is. How do we go from awesome atmosphere in the Old Mariucci, to absolute dudsville in our new arena?

It's not the arena, it's the influence on the fans by the play. "New" Mariucci was rocking back in 2002-2004, the level of intense fan involvement is directly related to the success of the team.
Gopher
Rookie

Postby team22tank » Sun 3/13/11 2:11 pm

tc_brent wrote:I was listening to KFAN a couple years back and John Pohl was a guest on the Beyond the Pond show when it was announced that Mike Guentzel would not be coming back as an assistant coach. Pohl went on to talk about how this was a terrible move for the U, that the Gophers were really going to miss outon what he brings to the program...blah.blah.blah. I thought he was being dramatic and over the top about Guentzels contributions, but that was three years ago and the Gophers haven't been the same since.I like Lucia, and I typically hate the "lets get rid of the coach," approach, but in this case it is justified. I think Maturi needs to pull the trigger on this. I don't know if Guentzel would be a good coach, but I am sure we have the pick of the litter on potential coaching candidates. This needs to turn around NOW!

It has nothing to do with old/new. It has to do with 4 years of mediocrity. The product is not worth the price. I have some great memories of the "new" Mariucci absolutely rocking. I went from being a season ticket hold to splitting tickets 50/50. I hope sometime in the near future I decide to take all my tickets back and go to every game because I don't want to miss any of the action, I can't say that right now. I know for a fact Gopher Hockey tickets sit in corporate offices and people turn them down when they are FREE.

Plain and simple outside your Bleed Maroon and Gold Gopher Hockey Fans, people aren't interested in this team.
team22tank
Lifer

Postby jorgie » Sun 3/13/11 2:18 pm

We have had Golden Gopher Hockey tickets in the family for 61 years. Am I happy with Mr Lucia's program? No1 Am I happy with what has happened in Gopher Basketball? No Am happy with what has gone on in Gopher Football? No!

However, I am starting to wonder if it is more that the players are thinking of the big bucks in pro sports so they don't really care about college. It's them that are going to have to prove me wrong.
jorgie
Rookie

Postby team22tank » Sun 3/13/11 2:21 pm

jorgie wrote:We have had Golden Gopher Hockey tickets in the family for 61 years. Am I happy with Mr Lucia's program? No1 Am I happy with what has happened in Gopher Basketball? No Am happy with what has gone on in Gopher Football? No!

However, I am starting to wonder if it is more that the players are thinking of the big bucks in pro sports so they don't really care about college. It's them that are going to have to prove me wrong.

I fee like college hockey at the U is like the awkward teenage years. We have all these great prospects that are itchin to get to the next level but aren't quite ready yet and this is where they hang out for a couple years.
team22tank
Lifer

Postby hockeyguy » Sun 3/13/11 3:10 pm

I disagree - if you put together a better team, the players are more likely to stick around another year or two. Look at ND this year, had a few guys that could have turned pro but decided to stay for a possible championship.
hockeyguy

Postby sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 » Sun 3/13/11 3:39 pm

hat's off to the seawolves they did there job.
sec 16 row16 seat 16 17
Golden

Postby g_manpucker » Sun 3/13/11 3:58 pm

Kamal stood on his head, he stopped several tough shots. But most of the shots were right at his chest. I agree though, they did their job while the Gophers didn't do theirs. Season over...wah.
g_manpucker
Golden

Postby bienek » Sun 3/13/11 4:23 pm

What a dissapointment to get swept on your own ice! I was out of town and couldn't watch either friday or saturdays games. After hearing they lost Friday I was really looking forward to hearing they had won Saturday and watch a game tonight. But what do you know, a goose egg on Saturday!

Gopher hockey is my favorite thing to watch of any sport at any level, and it pains me to see this program miss the ncaas 3 years in a row. And the Final 5 two years in a row. I will still come from northern Minnesota to watch some great WCHA hockey this weekend.
bienek
Golden

Postby ParsAndCigars » Sun 3/13/11 4:26 pm

As much as I like The Don, it is time for a change. The Gophers are the New York Yankees of college hockey. Need a player? Take whomever you like. To have as many average(?) seasons as they have, in a row, is shameful.
Plenty of tools available in the shed.............no one who knows how to use them.
Fire Lucia. :(
ParsAndCigars

Postby team22tank » Sun 3/13/11 4:29 pm

hockeyguy wrote:I disagree - if you put together a better team, the players are more likely to stick around another year or two. Look at ND this year, had a few guys that could have turned pro but decided to stay for a possible championship.

You disagree but you say "if" right now that is a big if & I don't think it is taking place.

I definitely don't think that it has always been the case by any means to say some guys career's with the Gophers are the "awkward teenage years." There is no question in my mind that Coach Lucia and his staff are having a tough time getting the full attention of their players while at the U right now.

When you have very good talent and these results that says a lot vs so so talent and these types of results.
team22tank
Lifer

Postby team22tank » Sun 3/13/11 4:35 pm

ParsAndCigars wrote:As much as I like The Don, it is time for a change. The Gophers are the New York Yankees of college hockey. Need a player? Take whomever you like. To have as many average(?) seasons as they have, in a row, is shameful.
Plenty of tools available in the shed.............no one who knows how to use them.
Fire Lucia. :(

I really don't like the New York Yankees comparison to Gopher Hockey. The Yankees go out and get the best talent by purchasing yes I get that but the Yankees do not develop any of their talent for the most part or get their talent from the New York area.

Most Gopher hockey players have ties to Minnesota youth/high school and that is were the Pride comes from. We have only won 5 NCAA Championships I believe there are 4-5 schools with more than that so we don't fit that part of the bill either.
team22tank
Lifer

Postby trixR4kids » Sun 3/13/11 5:41 pm

The Mets would be a better comparison. The Mets have the 3rd or 4th highest payroll in the MLB and every year they manage to be horrible despite all of the advantages they have. Their manager was clueless and their coach was very similar to Lucia in regards to making excuses after losing.
trixR4kids
Legend

Postby cphockeyman » Sun 3/13/11 5:45 pm

While I love ya Jeff, isn't this space for a recap? This space seems to be getting more and more colorful and editorial as the season wore on. I expect that in the message board, but not on the front page. Just sayin.
cphockeyman
Golden

Postby hockeyguy » Sun 3/13/11 7:37 pm

Your correct, I did say "if" - the if is because I don't think this coaching staff can put together a great team.
hockeyguy

Postby hrbekroenick » Sun 3/13/11 7:58 pm

I spent all day Friday at the Hockey Expo and Tourney, and 20 straight hours yesterday helping my in-laws move. Far less painful than watching the Gophers and Seahorses. What a disappointing end to the season, especially since they were starting to play like they get a rat's arse consistently for the first time all season.
hrbekroenick
Veteran

Postby pevan » Sun 3/13/11 9:58 pm

Back off on Maturi.When asked to list his accomplishments,he will be the first to point out that he hired a great volleyball coach! As for hockey, I don't think he cares until the paid attendance dips below 7,500. The atmosphere is dead, and eventually no shows turn into no buys. John Hill can't coach defense, Ptulney is in way over his head, and there is nobody to help the goalies. Does Lucia have to go? I don't know, but his assistants do!Everybody is screaming we need a M guy to coach. Who? And don't say Blais because he's not coming, he turned down the job before Lucia was hired.
pevan

Postby pevan » Sun 3/13/11 10:11 pm

I heard and thought the same thing about what Pohl said. Prophetic words. I don't know if Guentzel is ready to take control, but wherever he goes they win!
pevan

Postby team22tank » Sun 3/13/11 10:14 pm

pevan wrote:Back off on Maturi.When asked to list his accomplishments,he will be the first to point out that he hired a great volleyball coach! As for hockey, I don't think he cares until the paid attendance dips below 7,500. The atmosphere is dead, and eventually no shows turn into no buys. John Hill can't coach defense, Ptulney is in way over his head, and there is nobody to help the goalies. Does Lucia have to go? I don't know, but his assistants do!Everybody is screaming we need a M guy to coach. Who? And don't say Blais because he's not coming, he turned down the job before Lucia was hired.

Actually Blais.

I'm not sure if you are aware but a lot has developed since the 1999-2000 season when Lucia was hired. Blais was at UND and they were in the midst of a pretty sweet run I don't think he was going to leave that. He is not at UND anymore he is at UNO big difference.
team22tank
Lifer

Postby team22tank » Sun 3/13/11 10:14 pm

pevan wrote:Back off on Maturi.When asked to list his accomplishments,he will be the first to point out that he hired a great volleyball coach! As for hockey, I don't think he cares until the paid attendance dips below 7,500. The atmosphere is dead, and eventually no shows turn into no buys. John Hill can't coach defense, Ptulney is in way over his head, and there is nobody to help the goalies. Does Lucia have to go? I don't know, but his assistants do!Everybody is screaming we need a M guy to coach. Who? And don't say Blais because he's not coming, he turned down the job before Lucia was hired.

Actually Blais.

I'm not sure if you are aware but a lot has developed since the 1999-2000 season when Lucia was hired. Blais was at UND and they were in the midst of a pretty sweet run I don't think he was going to leave that. He is not at UND anymore he is at UNO big difference.
team22tank
Lifer

Postby hawk0168 » Mon 3/14/11 1:17 am

Things Maturi has done wrong - Brewster/Mason transition, fun-sucking managing of sports, apparently some stuff about hockey season tickets (but I'm neither old enough nor rich enough for that)

Pro's - 2x national titles in hockey, whockey, and one national title in both golf and wrestling, on campus stadium, tubby

Throwing Maturi under the bus for this is wrong. He's done well here. Of course there are issues, but all in all he's a good guy and more importantly he's delivered SUCCESS. Three poor years in a row is not his fault. I'm hesitant to say it's Lucias FAULT either. It happened. Will firing our head couch and cleaning house really make us any better? Cleaning house has an actual percent chance of sending us into free fall. It might be that it's time for Lucia to move on - but I think we should take a breath and think about what is BEST for the program. Not what FEELS best. We all know what happens when we get fire-crazy (brewster). There has to be a transition, and it can't be a 2 month manhunt.

On a side note, would people agree that the major problem with our teams recently has been lack of drive/grit? I would say that the program has been over emphasizing skill in recruiting. I know it sounds stupid, but I honestly think the recruiting wishlist is simply done by looking at who has scored the most goals in either MNHS/USHL at every position. You've gotta go get position utility players that will go battle and lead this team. Truly skilled players might stick around if you're winning. But if you build a program that is overly stocked with finesse players and few grit/heart players you're building a house with 2x4's made of styrofoam.
hawk0168

Postby Golden FE Ranger » Mon 3/14/11 7:34 am

hawk0168 wrote:Things Maturi has done wrong - Brewster/Mason transition, fun-sucking managing of sports, apparently some stuff about hockey season tickets (but I'm neither old enough nor rich enough for that)

Pro's - 2x national titles in hockey, whockey, and one national title in both golf and wrestling, on campus stadium, tubby

Throwing Maturi under the bus for this is wrong. He's done well here. Of course there are issues, but all in all he's a good guy and more importantly he's delivered SUCCESS. Three poor years in a row is not his fault. I'm hesitant to say it's Lucias FAULT either. It happened. Will firing our head couch and cleaning house really make us any better? Cleaning house has an actual percent chance of sending us into free fall. It might be that it's time for Lucia to move on - but I think we should take a breath and think about what is BEST for the program. Not what FEELS best. We all know what happens when we get fire-crazy (brewster). There has to be a transition, and it can't be a 2 month manhunt.

On a side note, would people agree that the major problem with our teams recently has been lack of drive/grit? I would say that the program has been over emphasizing skill in recruiting. I know it sounds stupid, but I honestly think the recruiting wishlist is simply done by looking at who has scored the most goals in either MNHS/USHL at every position. You've gotta go get position utility players that will go battle and lead this team. Truly skilled players might stick around if you're winning. But if you build a program that is overly stocked with finesse players and few grit/heart players you're building a house with 2x4's made of styrofoam.

Good post, I agree with most of it, except the portion about Lucia. Too much time has passed. Results have not changed enough. Too many inconsistant efforts. This program NEEDS someone right now that can sell the "Pride on Ice" message. We need someone that can come in and get the most out of what we have and THEN work to balance the talent/grit/heart guys on the team. I am not seeing the buy-in from the players right now and until that changes, I don't see things getting back on track. It is not acceptable to talk about there being more "good teams" now than ever. It is not acceptable to say we need to "be patient." The message is that the results over the past four years do not meet the standard for this hockey team and whatever needs to be done to return to those levels needs to happen fast. I really think it is as much about the culture in the locker as anything, and I fear that won't change without a new voice. YMMV
Golden FE Ranger
Golden

Postby vant0037 » Mon 3/14/11 10:38 am

Well let's talk A LITTLE bit about the game, huh? Anyone notice the following...

1. How AA completely collapsed in the slot and how so very, very few shots from the Gophers got through?
2. The disappearance of Mike Hoeffel? Statistically, he never lit the world on fire, but not many have in the last few years. Where has he been?
3. The great play of Jay Barriball? Yeah, me neither. What I did notice was Jay Barriball a step behind every play, failing to seal off the weak side in the offensive zone, not back checking and otherwise being a complete non-factor. And I'm a Barriball fan. But for crying out loud...the kid's playing hurt and that didn't help a team with no spark to begin with.
4. The ill-timed return of the Gophers' tentative special teams? On the power play, the Gophers did nothing to dictate play and were content with low percentage shots from below the hash marks on the boards (into the gut of Kamal). On the penalty kill, the UAA puck carrier essentially did what he wanted; the Gophs did not pressure him or force his pass and they were able to get many quality chances (including goals on Friday night).
5. The complete lack of concern from the Gophers on the ice and Don on the bench as the team trailed with under 5 minutes left, to a team they should beat, with their season on the line? It was like they had no idea that their season was over if they lost.

At this point, I'm not sure what to think. I am the last guy in the world to bury the coach. I have a buddy who hates Ron Gardenhire (despite his winning AL Manager of the Year). I too am frustrated by the Twins getting bounced by the Yankees every year, but I always remember, "things could be worse." I think of the Gophers. They aren't the Yankees of the college hockey world, but they do still get top talent. They do still play against the best competition (for the most part), which is good for any program. They have a top facility in a major metropolitan area (i.e. TV coverage etc). And they too are feeling the effects of top players leaving early.

But so are Denver, UND, UW, Michigan, Boston College etc. And yet in the last few years, when the NHL has ramped up its intake of pre-graduate college players, those teams are still consistently competitive. So what's the difference? I've heard that players hate John Hill. I've heard that Don too lacks a connection with guys. Maybe its not the coaches; but I certainly don't know where to point the finger any more. Don is facing the same challenges as head coach as every other big school. UND and Denver stand good chances of being #1 seeds and the Gophers are sitting at home. Something's rotten in Denmark and it may just be Don Lucia.

So the positives going into next year? Kent Patterson, Nick Bjugstad (hopefully!), Erik Haula, Aaron Ness, Nick Condon, Jake Hansen, a healthy Zack Budish, no Kevin Wehrs (a great goal Friday night and an awful game Saturday).

The negatives? Don Lucia still at the helm? An even more youthful, inexperienced roster?

For now, I'm hoping for something to inject a little life into this program over the summer. If nothing good does happen, I'll be watching the Twins and my Gopher season tickets improve...
vant0037
Rookie

Postby hockeyguy » Mon 3/14/11 12:55 pm

Your wrong about Blais being offered the job, because he never got on the plane for the interview. (per Nate Miller who was part of the search) I think this time me would not only be on the plane, but he would take the job.
hockeyguy

Postby ScoobyDoo » Mon 3/14/11 1:00 pm

hockeyguy wrote:Your wrong about Blais being offered the job, because he never got on the plane for the interview. (per Nate Miller who was part of the search) I think this time me would not only be on the plane, but he would take the job.

Isn't that the same as turning it down? Everyone knew he was Minnesota's first choice.
ScoobyDoo
Golden

Postby jorgie » Mon 3/14/11 1:52 pm

If my memory is correct Mr Maturi has one year left on his contract and his wife hates Minnesota. Let's all hope she convinces him to leave> :anger:
jorgie
Rookie

Postby Greyeagle » Mon 3/14/11 1:54 pm

jorgie wrote:If my memory is correct Mr Maturi has one year left on his contract and his wife hates Minnesota. Let's all hope she convinces him to leave> :anger:

When one reflects upon the performance of Minnesota teams the past several years, so does Joel.
Greyeagle
Golden

Return to Home Page Articles