--->

Racing

Chat about Football, Baseball or any other sports topic.

Re: Racing

Postby g_manpucker » Tue 11/23/10 4:23 pm

Luckygirl#13 wrote:If Chad Knaus is the genuis they say he is....I'd like to see him as the crew chief for Junior and see if he can work his magic on the #88!! :D

I recently talked to a friend of mine who attends at least 10-12 races a year and asked his take on JJ. He said that JJ wouldn't be a top fifteen driver without Chad Knaus. I guess there were plenty of times this season that JJ sounded and acted like a little bitch during a race and Chad yelled at him like the little bitch his is. JJ was told to shut up and drive like he is paid to do! I do believe JJ that he never knows what is going on with his car the times Knaus was busted cheating. JJ just shows up and drives, Knaus IS the only reason JJ was EVER a champion.
-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

-I am the official Iowa Hawkeye Football fan of GPL
g_manpucker
Golden

Postby Luckygirl#13 » Tue 11/23/10 4:29 pm

I saw a statistic on the Chase. If there was no Chase and they were using the old or "Classic" points system Jimmie Johnson would have only won 2 of his 5 championships. Kevin Harvik would have won this year.
Luckygirl#13
Golden

Postby gopher wes » Tue 11/23/10 5:03 pm

Luckygirl#13 wrote:I saw a statistic on the Chase. If there was no Chase and they were using the old or "Classic" points system Jimmie Johnson would have only won 2 of his 5 championships. Kevin Harvik would have won this year.

Is there any stats that show how boring the new car is?
I ♥ Golden Gopher Hockey :pelvic_thrust:
Playstation Network Username: gopher_wes
Golden Gopher Hockey 2011-2012: "We Found Love in a Hopeless Place"
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=29 ... ef=profile
gopher wes
Lifer

Postby g_manpucker » Tue 11/23/10 5:21 pm

gopher wes wrote:
Luckygirl#13 wrote:I saw a statistic on the Chase. If there was no Chase and they were using the old or "Classic" points system Jimmie Johnson would have only won 2 of his 5 championships. Kevin Harvik would have won this year.

Is there any stats that show how boring the new car is?

-"It's not like we have to become Canadian because they won!" - my wife Chrystal

g_manpucker
Golden

Postby Larch » Tue 11/23/10 5:42 pm

He still would have won two though, the same as the great Tony Stewart and two more than Junior. Two is pretty good by NASCAR standards. I think the attitude towards the situation is very interesting right now. Many people are sick of JJ, and understandably so, but people were sick of Darrel Waltrip, Dale Earnhardt and many others in their day and now we look back at it and say, "What a great driver they were.".
Larch
Rookie

Postby Luckygirl#13 » Fri 2/18/11 9:46 am

So...The Daytona 500 is Sunday. Any thoughts? Or did everyone give up watching Nascar? :lol:
I will be watching and cheering for Tony Stewart! Although I have a feeling Kurt or Shrub may win the race.
Luckygirl#13
Golden

Postby gopher wes » Fri 2/18/11 10:33 am

The racing is weird with the way the cars are pairing up. Seems like there has been some crazy driving in the Duels and Shootout. Jr got wrecked in practice so he goes to the rear for the start of the 500 even though he qualified on the pole since he had to go to a backup car. Gordon was in a little incident yesterday and I know they were talking about him possibly having to go to a backup as well.

I haven't given up on Nascar quite yet. I am looking forward to the Nationwide race tomorrow and the 500 Sunday but I'm not sure if I will watch many races after that. Hoping to see Jr get the season started on the right foot and maybe actually make the Chase this year. I may be inclined to watch a bit more if he can find a way to be consistent.
gopher wes
Lifer

Postby Sioux/Bucky Hater » Fri 2/18/11 12:30 pm

The two car draft we are seeing is quite impressive. When they are getting a good run, they are flying by the other cars. As far as the winner of the big race, well...as long as it's not Gordan (diaper boy - my dad calls him). I'm also done with Johnson. It has been more than impressive seeing what he has been doing. I think it would be better for the "sport" if they had some parody. I wouldn't mind seeing JR finally do something.
Sioux/Bucky Hater
Golden

Postby gopher wes » Fri 2/18/11 12:37 pm

Sioux/Bucky Hater wrote:As far as the winner of the big race, well...as long as it's not Gordan (diaper boy - my dad calls him).

That is awesome because my dad has always called him "poopy boy"! I think it is funny that the announcers call him "big daddy" considering the fact that he is about 5' 5" tall :lol: .
gopher wes
Lifer

Postby g_manpucker » Sun 7/24/11 7:29 pm

Here is a wild ride that Kasey Kahne took in Pennsylvania in a Outlaw Sprint Car:Video :shock:

g_manpucker
Golden

Postby Orion » Sun 7/24/11 8:15 pm

g_manpucker wrote:Here is a wild ride that Kasey Kahne took in Pennsylvania in a Outlaw Sprint Car:Video :shock:

Would have been even cooler if he had driven it back on the track and kept racing! :D
Orion
Golden

Postby g_manpucker » Mon 7/25/11 7:21 am

Orion wrote:
g_manpucker wrote:Here is a wild ride that Kasey Kahne took in Pennsylvania in a Outlaw Sprint Car:Video :shock:

Would have been even cooler if he had driven it back on the track and kept racing! :D

Sprint Car's are meant to fall apart in an accident to dissipate the energy during an accident, I have never seen a sprint car drive away from a roll over.

g_manpucker
Golden

Postby SouthTexGopher » Mon 7/25/11 10:51 am

If you haven't seen this video, you need to...

Please grant me a waiver for the "no religion" clause. :mrgreen:

Clamo, clamatis, omnes clamamus pro glace lactis.

University of Minnesota. Class of 1994.
SouthTexGopher
Golden

Postby Kelor » Mon 7/25/11 5:03 pm

Boogity Boogity Boogity Amen
Kelor
Golden

Postby Orion » Mon 7/25/11 6:14 pm

g_manpucker wrote:
Orion wrote:

Sprint Car's are meant to fall apart in an accident to dissipate the energy during an accident, I have never seen a sprint car drive away from a roll over.

I know, it's not Mario Kart. :D
Orion
Golden

Postby g_manpucker » Mon 7/25/11 6:17 pm

Orion wrote:
g_manpucker wrote:
Orion wrote:

Sorry :oops: , didn't mean to be a jerk.

g_manpucker
Golden

Postby Orion » Mon 7/25/11 6:19 pm

g_manpucker wrote:
Orion wrote:
g_manpucker wrote:
Orion wrote:

Sorry :oops: , didn't mean to be a jerk.

I didn't take it as you being a jerk. Sorry if that sounded snippy. I thought it was a really cool clip. The g-forces going around had to be pretty bad even without the landing.
Orion
Golden

Postby g_manpucker » Mon 7/25/11 6:41 pm

My response did seem snippy didn't it? I couldn't imagine the g-forces and then the impact of the car hitting the ground! I have seen a couple of sprint cars over the years jump the wall down in Knoxville during the Nationals before, it's amazing that these guys walk away.

g_manpucker
Golden

Postby Crocshots » Wed 7/27/11 1:18 pm

I love everything about that video.

New Debate: NASCAR Wives the hottest sports WAG's?
Better Dead Than Red!
Crocshots
Rookie

Postby Luckygirl#13 » Wed 7/27/11 2:20 pm

Crocshots wrote:I love everything about that video.

Not if you count Tony Stewarts girlfriend. OINK! OINK!
Attachments
zemken1.jpg
zemken1.jpg (3.53 KiB) Viewed 1580 times
Luckygirl#13
Golden

Postby gopher wes » Wed 7/27/11 3:42 pm

Luckygirl#13 wrote:

Ishy, I have never seen him with a girlfriend....?
gopher wes
Lifer

Postby Luckygirl#13 » Wed 7/27/11 4:16 pm

gopher wes wrote:
Luckygirl#13 wrote:

Ishy, I have never seen him with a girlfriend....?

She hasn't been seen at alot of cup races. He probably keeps her hidden because of the harrassment he gets cuz she is ugly. :puke: She is a racer too.....sprint cars. And she works for Tony Stewart Racing. How convenient! He was talking about her at the race in TX when I was there.
Luckygirl#13
Golden

Postby Luckygirl#13 » Thu 8/25/11 1:13 pm

Danica will run full time Nationwide schedule in 2012 with JR Motorsports. Also running a few cup series races for Stewart-Haas. :roll: Ok, I'll try and give her the benefit of the doubt and see how she does after a full year in Nationwide. Because so far she hasn't been impressive. But the woman has no business running in the Cup series yet. Can she even be competitive??? How long did Dario Franchitti or Sam Hornish Jr last?? And Juan Pablo.....geesh. :confused2:
Luckygirl#13
Golden

Postby gopher wes » Thu 8/25/11 1:23 pm

Yeah, I saw that today. Nascar is trying everything they can to gain publicity and fill all of those empty seats we see every Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately for Nascar, seeing Danica in a Cup car won't be enough to make me not take a nap during the races.
gopher wes
Lifer

Postby Luckygirl#13 » Thu 8/25/11 1:35 pm

gopher wes wrote:Yeah, I saw that today. Nascar is trying everything they can to gain publicity and fill all of those empty seats we see every Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately for Nascar, seeing Danica in a Cup car won't be enough to make me not take a nap during the races.

I have no doubt that she will attract some interest and the ratings will go up initially. But people will become bored and lose interest when she is finishing 32nd every week. :lol: Nascar is counting on her to fill those empty seats. Not gonna happen. They will probably lose some of the old school fans by bringing her in.
Luckygirl#13
Golden

Postby gopher wes » Thu 8/25/11 2:33 pm

Luckygirl#13 wrote:
gopher wes wrote:Yeah, I saw that today. Nascar is trying everything they can to gain publicity and fill all of those empty seats we see every Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately for Nascar, seeing Danica in a Cup car won't be enough to make me not take a nap during the races.

I have no doubt that she will attract some interest and the ratings will go up initially. But people will become bored and lose interest when she is finishing 32nd every week. :lol: Nascar is counting on her to fill those empty seats. Not gonna happen. They will probably lose some of the old school fans by bringing her in.

The only way she will do anything for the ratings is if she pulls a Trevor Bayne and ends up winning at Daytona or Talladega. Those plate races are the only races I could see her winning outside of some kind of fuel strategy race at some other track. Hey, that kinda sounds like my opinion of Jr too :lol: .
gopher wes
Lifer

Postby Superstar » Thu 9/01/11 11:57 am

I could probably post this in the "Travel" thread, too, but since it's WAY early enough, I'm posting here.

Any of you race fans ever gone to the Daytona 500? I'm in the VERY early stages a planning a trip there in 2013. Just wondering where would you recommend getting tickets? Would camping in the track be worth it? What else should you plan on doing there besides the race?
Superstar
Golden

Postby gopher wes » Thu 9/01/11 12:57 pm

I haven't been to the 500 but I have been to the July race twice. Once when I was barely old enough to remember details of the race and then once a couple years ago. Definitely a good call to do the 500 rather than the 400 just because of the heat down there in July. The time we went a couple years ago was fun. I have never camped in the infield of the track or anything but it looks pretty crazy if that is your scene. I know I would like to do that whole deal at some point. The one thing I would recommend that we did is to get the pre-race infield passes. You get to go down and walk around on the infield grass by pit lane. Before they bring the cars out on to pit lane you can go take a picture by the pit boxes of any drivers you want to. You get to see the cars up close and personal as well as many of the drivers if you hang out in the right spots. You can go out on certain parts of the track such as the finish line which everybody was signing with sharpies and everything. You can stand where the drivers ride by in the convertibles as they do driver intros and some of them come by giving high fives and everything if you get lucky on that deal. Plus you can see the pre-race band and the national anthem and whatnot. I would definitely recommend doing that if you are a big fan of any particular driver because you can get so up close and personal with the whole scene on pit lane.

If you end up watching the race from the grandstand, get tickets in the middle to upper sections of the stands. It makes the race a little easier to watch the higher you are with how fast they go at Daytona. Might want to ask to sit near a jumbotron too because that is really the only way you can tell what is going on when the cars are all the way across the track.

Hopefully this is a helpful post. You will have a blast no matter what you do though, Daytona is fun! Let me know if you have any other questions.
gopher wes
Lifer

Postby Superstar » Thu 9/01/11 1:36 pm

Thanks...that info helps!. One more question for you...did you buy your tickets directly thru the Daytona Speedway? Or some other method? Better to get a hotel package deal to get a shuttle to the race or go about it all on your own?

The pre-race passes sounds awesome. I've only been to 2 races before...both at the Brickyard. Got my ticket thru a friend who has season tickets inside the track. That is fun to be able to have the pits right there...and see the drivers more up close. But, still don't get as close to them as you sound like you can for that. So definitely will do that.

I do think it'd be fun to do the camping thing at some point...but that'll involve either driving down ourselves so we have all our camping gear with us...or renting something when we get there (but you still wouldn't have a lot of the stuff you'd want). I was checking out the pricing...it's pretty spendy to camp inside the track if you have an RV. So...I think I'll save that for some other time...when I can get a group of people to specifically do that for the wknd...drive down and just take it all in. This trip is gonna be for my 40th bday...so I've got a bunch of other things I wanna do, too, so the Daytona 500 is only 2-day part of my plan.
Superstar
Golden

Postby gopher wes » Thu 9/01/11 2:54 pm

Yeah, with the pre-race passes you are standing literally 3-4 ft away from the cars and 10 ft away from some of the drivers at times. It's a pretty cool experience.

When we went I was with my parents. Lucky for us, my mom works for Target and gets free tickets to the races if she signs up for them in time. So I'm not sure what the right thing is to do for tickets. I know when we went to Texas a few years before that we bought tickets for the Nationwide race at the ticket office before the race. They were very helpful in giving us the price ranges, best seats available, best seats for being able to see the entire track etc. I would assume it would be similar for you at Daytona for buying tickets if that is the route you choose. Plus, with how low demand is for Nascar tickets right now, you shouldn't have trouble getting tickets that you really want/like.

We always rent a car and go to the track that way because it just allows you to be on your own schedule. I personally think it is fun to get to the track really early(sometimes you have to leave early to beat the traffic) to go to all the souvenir trailers and get all the freebies and everything. We have always enjoyed being on our own schedule in that regard.
gopher wes
Lifer

Postby Five-HoleFrenzy » Tue 9/06/11 4:28 pm

Very good finish today, to the Atlanta race as Jeff Gordon and Jimmy Johnson battled the last ten laps with Gordon winning his 85th career win. That puts him in 3rd place all-time in career wins. Like him or hate him that is quite the accomplishment.
Five-HoleFrenzy
Golden

Postby Snowcool08 » Sun 10/16/11 5:44 pm

Dan Wheldon died today after this crash in Vegas. Just horrific.

Snowcool08
Lifer

Postby Armadillo » Sun 10/16/11 8:59 pm

My parents are from Indiana, so I've been a fan of IndyCar for most of my life. Today was the saddest day I've ever seen in all my years of watching. Watching the drivers going around the track to the sound of "Amazing Grace" pretty much did me in.

RIP Dan.
GPL Unofficial Puck-to-the-Head Expert since 2006.

"If it was gravy or death, I'd eat it off of Rosie O'Donnell's asscrack. You can print that." -The Rube
Armadillo
Golden

Postby Luckygirl#13 » Mon 10/17/11 9:13 am

The most horrific crash I have ever seen. I don't care to watch it again. I had tears in my eyes the whole time the drivers did the 5 laps in Dan's honor. I just watched him win the Indy 500 in May and now he is gone. A very sad day for all of racing.

RIP Dan Wheldon. :(
Luckygirl#13
Golden

Postby frozen4champs » Sun 11/20/11 8:36 pm

Smoke wins Nascar Sprint Cup Championship by winning the final race over Carl Edwards. They tied in points, but Stewart won by most wins. Great race, and great chase.
frozen4champs
Golden

Postby gopher wes » Mon 11/21/11 10:59 am

frozen4champs wrote:Smoke wins Nascar Sprint Cup Championship by winning the final race over Carl Edwards. They tied in points, but Stewart won by most wins. Great race, and great chase.

:bored: :bored: :bored: NASCAR needed someone other than Jimmie to win, but this is just beyond boring. They tweaked the points system which made the chase close, but I still found it boring. I remember when NASCAR used to be fun. Now I think it is just going to be irrelevant in a couple years. I seriously don't think it will be too long from now when these races aren't televised. So boring. Oh wait, maybe Danica will put NASCAR back on the map. :roll: :roll:
gopher wes
Lifer

Postby LeoPohl » Mon 11/21/11 11:28 am

gopher wes wrote:
frozen4champs wrote:Smoke wins Nascar Sprint Cup Championship by winning the final race over Carl Edwards. They tied in points, but Stewart won by most wins. Great race, and great chase.

:bored: :bored: :bored: NASCAR needed someone other than Jimmie to win, but this is just beyond boring. They tweaked the points system which made the chase close, but I still found it boring. I remember when NASCAR used to be fun. Now I think it is just going to be irrelevant in a couple years. I seriously don't think it will be too long from now when these races aren't televised. So boring. Oh wait, maybe Danica will put NASCAR back on the map. :roll: :roll:

It used to be more interesting when the first 26 races actually counted for something. I watched over half the race last night, though. At times it was exciting, but you still only had two drivers who actually had something to drive for. An 18? lap caution for rain doesn't help, either. Seriously, a good half-an-hour playing follow-the-leader for rain? You can't red flag that situation? Not counting caution laps would drastically help.
[color=#800000]The Franchise. 8:
93 seasons; 1711-960-181 all-time; 55-34-0 in NCAA tournament play.
National Titles in 1929, 1940, 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, and 2003
WCHA Season Titles in 1953, 1954, 1970, 1975, 1981, 1983, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1997, 2006, 2007, 2012 and 2013
BIG in 2014
WCHA Playoff Titles in 1961, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1993, 1994, 1996, 2003, 2004, and 2007
[/color]
LeoPohl
Lifer

Postby Luckygirl#13 » Mon 11/21/11 12:50 pm

gopher wes wrote:

CONGRATS TO TONY!!!! :D
I thought this whole chase was pretty exciting!! Not sure what you've been watching Wes.....but some very exciting races and the closest chase that I can recall. How is that boring?? :confused2:
And I just need to add that Carl Edwards is one class act. He would have made a great champion too.
Luckygirl#13
Golden

Postby gopher wes » Mon 11/21/11 1:44 pm

The chase was close and all. If you consider that fun then that is your deal. I'm not going to get my undies in a bunch because the chase was really close thanks to, yet another, rule change/modification by NASCAR. They keep changing things in attempt to make it more exciting. The chase was close and that is all good and fine, but the racing itself it still BORING!
gopher wes
Lifer

Postby Larch » Tue 11/22/11 12:20 am

gopher wes wrote:...but the racing itself it still BORING!

In your opinion of course. :ddown:
Larch
Rookie

Postby Tee09 » Tue 11/22/11 12:24 am

gopher wes wrote: the racing itself it still BORING!

They don't still go around in a big oval a few hundred times, do they? That might be the problem.
Tee09
Golden

Postby dxmnkd316 » Tue 11/22/11 1:34 am

Tee09 wrote:

They don't still go around in a big oval a few hundred times, do they? That might be the problem.

Yeah but instead of doing it in an orgy of gasoline, fire, and twisted metal, they now do it as partners with one ramming the other up the ass.
The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back -H.Brooks

st8ofhockey: Is that a photocollage of a dick? Oh wait, that's Patrick Stewart

psych: haha, damnit dx, your phone is drunk again
dxmnkd316: f*** you, I can't stop any time I want
dxmnkd316: err wait

I don't think I'm always right. I just find it hard to operate on the opposite assumption.
Disclaimer: 95% of the things I post are jokes, sarcasm, or hyperbole. Thanks in advance for not taking things so literally
dxmnkd316
Captain Kickball

Postby gopher wes » Tue 11/22/11 11:01 am

dxmnkd316 wrote:
Tee09 wrote:

Yeah but instead of doing it in an orgy of gasoline, fire, and twisted metal, they now do it as partners with one ramming the other up the ass.

Yeah, the restrictor plate racing is beyond boring! Those two car tandems are so lame it isn't even funny. NASCAR is a joke, I'm utterly amazed that some of you people still find it enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, I still watch the races.....until I fall asleep in boredom! Then I wake up to see who won and I don't feel like I have missed a thing....
gopher wes
Lifer

Postby Beauner » Tue 11/22/11 12:38 pm

dxmnkd316 wrote:
Tee09 wrote:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"
Beauner
Golden

Postby Larch » Wed 11/23/11 1:23 am

gopher wes wrote:Yeah, the restrictor plate racing is beyond boring! Those two car tandems are so lame it isn't even funny. NASCAR is a joke, I'm utterly amazed that some of you people still find it enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, I still watch the races.....until I fall asleep in boredom! Then I wake up to see who won and I don't feel like I have missed a thing....

Yes, but the restrictor plates are four races a year, there are still 32 other races. Some are better than other, but name me a sport that is exciting 100% of the time. Even our beloved hockey has it's snoozers.
Larch
Rookie

Postby Armadillo » Wed 11/23/11 1:30 am

Larch wrote:
gopher wes wrote:Yeah, the restrictor plate racing is beyond boring! Those two car tandems are so lame it isn't even funny. NASCAR is a joke, I'm utterly amazed that some of you people still find it enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, I still watch the races.....until I fall asleep in boredom! Then I wake up to see who won and I don't feel like I have missed a thing....

Yes, but the restrictor plates are four races a year, there are still 32 other races. Some are better than other, but name me a sport that is exciting 100% of the time. Even our beloved hockey has it's snoozers.

Irish hurling? Australian rules football? Mud wrestling?

"If it was gravy or death, I'd eat it off of Rosie O'Donnell's asscrack. You can print that." -The Rube
Armadillo
Golden

Postby dxmnkd316 » Wed 11/23/11 1:33 am

Tlatchtli?
The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back -H.Brooks

I don't think I'm always right. I just find it hard to operate on the opposite assumption.
Disclaimer: 95% of the things I post are jokes, sarcasm, or hyperbole. Thanks in advance for not taking things so literally
dxmnkd316
Captain Kickball

Postby Armadillo » Wed 11/23/11 1:36 am

Armadillo
Golden

Postby hrbekroenick » Wed 11/23/11 1:52 am

I was happy for Smoke, but would have been OK with Carl. I heard Nascar is doing some testing very soon to modify the spoilers/plates to get rid of the 2 car tandems at Daytona. I sure hope so.
hrbekroenick
Veteran

Postby gopher wes » Wed 11/23/11 9:37 am

Larch wrote:

When did I ever say it was supposed to be or used to be exciting "100% of the time"? There used to be boring races for sure, but they are all boring now. When was the last time you could fall asleep during a race at Talledga or Daytona, wake up for the finish, and not feel like you missed a thing? I did just that. They need to somehow change this new car up because, IMO,it has made the racing really really boring.
gopher wes
Lifer

Postby dxmnkd316 » Mon 2/27/12 9:54 pm

Juan Pablo Montoya f*ked up BIG TIME! Holy s**t.

dxmnkd316
Captain Kickball

Postby Armadillo » Mon 2/27/12 10:36 pm

dxmnkd316 wrote:Juan Pablo Montoya f*ked up BIG TIME! Holy s**t.

His car broke, and he spun into the wall. It's just remarkable bad luck that a fully-loaded jet engine was in his way.

Armadillo
Golden

Postby dxmnkd316 » Mon 2/27/12 10:39 pm

Armadillo wrote:

His car broke, and he spun into the wall. It's just remarkable bad luck that a fully-loaded jet engine was in his way.

Like bbdl said on USCHO, he has no business driving that fast on a caution, into a corner, with two safety trucks, when he already knows something isn't right on his car. He's a dumbass.

dxmnkd316
Captain Kickball

Postby Greyeagle » Mon 2/27/12 10:41 pm

Nuke LaLoosh now driving for NASCAR

Piss on you, I'm working for Mel Brooks!
Greyeagle
Golden

Postby Armadillo » Tue 2/28/12 12:33 am

Man, this race has been a total sh*tshow. They just had ANOTHER multi-car wreck.

Armadillo
Golden

Postby Bigbeer » Tue 2/28/12 12:42 am

Love to see Mark Martin win here
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger
Bigbeer
Super Vet

Postby dxmnkd316 » Tue 2/28/12 12:43 am

Screw that. Go Biffle!

dxmnkd316
Captain Kickball

Postby Bigbeer » Tue 2/28/12 12:50 am

dxmnkd316 wrote:Screw that. Go Biffle!

Biffle will have plenty more chances, Martin is running out of time.

Tough break for Stewart there.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

Bigbeer
Super Vet

Postby dxmnkd316 » Tue 2/28/12 12:56 am

Hell of a teammate Kenseth has.

dxmnkd316
Captain Kickball

Postby Bigbeer » Tue 2/28/12 12:59 am

Good move by Junior to finish 2nd. Biffle should have went for it and won.

Bigbeer
Super Vet

Postby dxmnkd316 » Tue 2/28/12 1:00 am

Neat to see two teammates sponsored by Minnesota companies.

dxmnkd316
Captain Kickball

Postby Bigbeer » Tue 2/28/12 1:05 am

dxmnkd316 wrote:Neat to see two teammates sponsored by Minnesota companies.

But the winning driver is from Wisconsin...boo

Bigbeer
Super Vet

Postby GrandForksGopher » Tue 2/28/12 1:15 am

Pretty good race. I'm glad they allowed them to go back to pack racing this year. Montoya is dumb. But that was pretty awesome to see since everyone was okay haha.
Twins: Image
Vikings: Image
Wild: Image
Gophers Football: Image
Gophers Basketball: Image
Gophers Hockey: :chainsaw:
GrandForksGopher
Lifer

Postby gopher wes » Tue 2/28/12 10:18 am

dxmnkd316 wrote:
Armadillo wrote:

Like bbdl said on USCHO, he has no business driving that fast on a caution, into a corner, with two safety trucks, when he already knows something isn't right on his car. He's a dumbass.

They said during the broadcast that he was not doing anything wrong. He was allowed to be driving that fast in order to catch up to the tail end of the pack. It is just unfortunate that his car broke right then and there.

Bigbeer wrote:Good move by Junior to finish 2nd. Biffle should have went for it and won.

I know this has a lot to do with being bitter that Jr couldn't get past both of them but I will say this: I am sick to death of this teammate racing. Every restart Kenseth and Biffle would shuffle around just to get nose to tail and it would leave people hanging. Unfortunately for Jr, all of his teammates were out of the race so he was hosed in that regard. I wish Hamlin would have stayed on Jr's tail. They were both up there with no teammates, it would have made sense for them to work together. I call BS on what Biffle said in post-race. I think he protected his teammate by not making a move with Jr. If he and Jr go for it and something stupid happens that collects both Biffle and Kenseth in a crash, Rousch will be all over him for making a move that took out both of his cars. I miss the "old days" when guys just raced with whoever was around them whether it was a teammate or not.

I think we can all say THANK GOODNESS those ridiculous two car tandems are gone, but I just wish the outside line could have got rolling. Very few guys made it work on the high side and it didn't last very long when they did. That was strange.
gopher wes
Lifer

Postby george » Tue 2/28/12 11:46 am

How many Colombians does it take to stop a NASCAR Race?

Just Juan.

What are the odds of a driver hitting the jet-dryer during a race?

Juan in a million.
george
Golden

Postby psych » Tue 2/28/12 12:36 pm

gopher wes wrote:
dxmnkd316 wrote:
Armadillo wrote:

They said during the broadcast that he was not doing anything wrong. He was allowed to be driving that fast in order to catch up to the tail end of the pack. It is just unfortunate that his car broke right then and there.

Bigbeer wrote:Good move by Junior to finish 2nd. Biffle should have went for it and won.

I know this has a lot to do with being bitter that Jr couldn't get past both of them but I will say this: I am sick to death of this teammate racing. Every restart Kenseth and Biffle would shuffle around just to get nose to tail and it would leave people hanging. Unfortunately for Jr, all of his teammates were out of the race so he was hosed in that regard. I wish Hamlin would have stayed on Jr's tail. They were both up there with no teammates, it would have made sense for them to work together. I call BS on what Biffle said in post-race. I think he protected his teammate by not making a move with Jr. If he and Jr go for it and something stupid happens that collects both Biffle and Kenseth in a crash, Rousch will be all over him for making a move that took out both of his cars. I miss the "old days" when guys just raced with whoever was around them whether it was a teammate or not.

I think we can all say THANK GOODNESS those ridiculous two car tandems are gone, but I just wish the outside line could have got rolling. Very few guys made it work on the high side and it didn't last very long when they did. That was strange.

I am confident in saying THANK GOODNESS I could not care less about NASCAR or those ridiculous two car tandems. :mrgreen:
psych
Lifer

Postby gopher wes » Tue 2/28/12 12:38 pm

Feel free to not post in this thread then :wink:
gopher wes
Lifer

Postby monty » Tue 2/28/12 1:28 pm

My siblings and I sent my 76 year old parents to the this race, dad is a big NASCAR fan. Called my mom at lunch and they stayed for the whole race. They got back to their hotel room at 3:00 AM! Dad is usually in bed by 10:30 PM, big props to the both of them. If I were there I would have left after the fire.
monty
Golden

Postby Luckygirl#13 » Tue 2/28/12 1:29 pm

Other than the crash on the first lap and the firery wreck it was a pretty uneventful race. Thank God no one was hurt in that mess! I thought the $200,000 to the driver leading at lap 100 was kinda lame. The end had a little excitement....was hoping JR would take it. Should have made his move earlier and passed Biffle. Congrats to Matt Kenseth! And now back to my nap since I stayed up to watch the whole dang thing.... :sleep:
Luckygirl#13
Golden

Postby gopher wes » Tue 2/28/12 1:59 pm

Luckygirl#13 wrote:Other than the crash on the first lap and the firery wreck it was a pretty uneventful race. Thank God no one was hurt in that mess! I thought the $200,000 to the driver leading at lap 100 was kinda lame. The end had a little excitement....was hoping JR would take it. Should have made his move earlier and passed Biffle. Congrats to Matt Kenseth! And now back to my nap since I stayed up to watch the whole dang thing.... :sleep:

I agree Jr should have gone sooner but I think he was trying to get Biff to go with him. Jr knew he couldn't take both of them by himself. That is why I think Biffle hosed him and protected his teammate instead. It was pretty boring with no one being able to pass on the outside and with no lead changes during those last few restarts. I was hoping for some excitement on that GWC but it just didn't happen outside of Jr's pass for 2nd. :lol:
gopher wes
Lifer

Postby dxmnkd316 » Mon 3/05/12 8:15 pm

gopher wes wrote:They said during the broadcast that he was not doing anything wrong. He was allowed to be driving that fast in order to catch up to the tail end of the pack. It is just unfortunate that his car broke right then and there

Agree to disagree. When you know something is wrong with your car, it's best not to drive 100+ into a turn with two safety vehicles during a caution.

dxmnkd316
Captain Kickball

Postby Larch » Mon 3/05/12 9:02 pm

dxmnkd316 wrote:
gopher wes wrote:They said during the broadcast that he was not doing anything wrong. He was allowed to be driving that fast in order to catch up to the tail end of the pack. It is just unfortunate that his car broke right then and there

Agree to disagree. When you know something is wrong with your car, it's best not to drive 100+ into a turn with two safety vehicles during a caution.

I thought the same thing and then though it was pretty easy for me to say that when I was sitting on my couch and have never been in a racecar. In the vast majority of activities/jobs, there are things that are excepted and everybody does and no one thinks about it until it goes bad and the person that screws it up gets abused over the situation even though it's a widely accepted practice.

I think it's telling that nobody within in the Sprint Cup world has come out and said JPM was in the wrong and was doing something that nobody else does.
Larch
Rookie

Postby Snowcool08 » Mon 3/05/12 10:51 pm

dxmnkd316 wrote:

If they allowed his car back on to the race track, Montoya has to assume that nothing is wrong with his car. It was a freak accident where his transmission froze up and he had no control. Every driver would drive 100+ when they get the free pass because you're not sure how long the caution is going to be and they want to catch up to the back of the pack.
Snowcool08
Lifer

Postby dxmnkd316 » Mon 3/05/12 10:53 pm

Except he was on the radio saying something was wrong WELL before he entered the turn. So again, agree to disagree.

dxmnkd316
Captain Kickball

Postby dxmnkd316 » Sun 5/20/12 12:23 pm

Not a fan of the looks on the new Indy cars... Sounds like they made quite a bit of safety improvements, so I'm all for that.

dxmnkd316
Captain Kickball

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports