Local Broadcasting/Media

Open Forum (Except Sports)..... Let's keep politics & religion talk out of here please.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Gopherguy05 » Mon 1/23/12 8:46 pm

Michelle Tafoya to quit WCCO radio show after Friday. John Williams will move from 9-Noon to replace her 3-6 leaving a hole on WCCO 9-12...

http://www.startribune.com/entertainmen ... 27448.html
User avatar
Gopherguy05
Lifer
 
Posts: 3232 • Age: 31
Likes: 31 posts • Liked in: 223 posts
Joined: Fri 12/01/06 9:52 pm
Location: West St. Paul

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Jupiter » Mon 1/23/12 8:49 pm

I just don't see how much longer the WCCO bit will last unless they change their structure.

There are just too many commercials. Too many breaks for weather & traffic. It's really difficult for their hosts to really get in to interviews with guests or even talk with the callers when they have to keep going to breaks / weather / traffic.
Don't like how GPL is run? Get your own site if you don't like it!
Stop using Internet Explorer, it's for your own good!
User avatar
Jupiter
The Bringer of Jollity
 
Posts: 11762 • Age: 41
Likes: 163 posts • Liked in: 728 posts
Joined: Wed 4/09/03 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Bert » Mon 1/23/12 9:04 pm

Only good show on WCCO is Sid on Sunday's. Trying to understand him is fun
User avatar
Bert
Legend
 
Posts: 7305 • Age: 36
Likes: 1 post • Liked in: 19 posts
Joined: Wed 4/09/03 11:11 am
Location: COON RAPIDS

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Greyeagle » Mon 1/23/12 9:32 pm

Bert wrote:Only good show on WCCO is Sid on Sunday's. Trying to understand him is fun


Isthatright?
Piss on you, I'm working for {Jupiter!} Mel Brooks!

"They'll come to Iowa City. They'll think it's really boring."
User avatar
Greyeagle
Golden
 
Posts: 12639 • Age: 47
Likes: 1256 posts • Liked in: 1193 posts
Joined: Wed 4/09/03 12:12 pm
Location: Pig's Eye

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby ScoobyDoo » Mon 1/23/12 10:18 pm

Bert wrote:Only good show on WCCO is Sid on Sunday's. Trying to understand him is fun


It's like a game. It is fun. :biggrin2:
Golden Gopher Softball Booster
posted by sunbone "Sixer- I admit when it comes to Gopher football I make Scooby Doo look like the President of the Optimists Club." :ahhh:
also posted by sunbone "Scooby, a.k.a., Mr. Sunshine."
User avatar
ScoobyDoo
Golden
 
Posts: 4866 • Age: 46
Likes: 359 posts • Liked in: 378 posts
Joined: Wed 4/09/03 8:30 pm
Location: Eden Prairie

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby rowshkex » Tue 1/24/12 2:44 am

I like Mischke on WCCO, but I agree with Jup's comment about the commercials. I never noticed it until I started listening to it more, but it really does suck.

I wasn't a huge fan of Tafoya anyway...
is rice chex.
is not Raphael.
is not quite Rau.
is not a hockey mind.
is a 1 time GPL Pick 'Em Weekly Non-Winner Tiebreaker Champion.
GPL's Resident Popcorn Popper :popcorn:
User avatar
rowshkex
Lifer
 
Posts: 3602
Likes: 196 posts • Liked in: 457 posts
Joined: Wed 2/23/11 6:07 am
Location: Minneapolis-ish

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Jupiter » Mon 2/20/12 8:41 pm

You won't see Mazzocco wearing a fricken SUE jersey!!!
:biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
Image
Don't like how GPL is run? Get your own site if you don't like it!
Stop using Internet Explorer, it's for your own good!
User avatar
Jupiter
The Bringer of Jollity
 
Posts: 11762 • Age: 41
Likes: 163 posts • Liked in: 728 posts
Joined: Wed 4/09/03 10:45 am
Location: The Sticks

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Armadillo » Mon 2/20/12 11:20 pm

Oh HELL yeah!!!
GPL Unofficial Puck-to-the-Head Expert since 2006.

"If it was gravy or death, I'd eat it off of Rosie O'Donnell's asscrack. You can print that." -The Rube
User avatar
Armadillo
Golden
 
Posts: 7929 • Age: 36
Likes: 109 posts • Liked in: 1481 posts
Joined: Mon 11/14/05 1:11 pm
Location: Maple Grove, MN

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby The Rube » Mon 2/20/12 11:23 pm

Frank rules. He kinda voiced his opinion on a certain career path at the F4 last year. We were in tears we were laughing so hard.
Also known as Brenthoven on USCHO.
User avatar
The Rube
Golden
 
Posts: 11002
Likes: 796 posts • Liked in: 1161 posts
Joined: Sun 4/10/05 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby dxmnkd316 » Tue 2/21/12 7:46 am

This makes me happy.
The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back -H.Brooks

st8ofhockey: Is that a photocollage of a dick? Oh wait, that's Patrick Stewart

psych: haha, damnit dx, your phone is drunk again
dxmnkd316: f*** you, I can't stop any time I want
dxmnkd316: err wait

I don't think I'm always right. I just find it hard to operate on the opposite assumption.
Disclaimer: 95% of the things I post are jokes, sarcasm, or hyperbole. Thanks in advance for not taking things so literally
User avatar
dxmnkd316
Captain Kickball
 
Posts: 20145 • Age: 29
Likes: 1911 posts • Liked in: 1612 posts
Joined: Sun 10/09/05 4:24 am
Location: Oakdale

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Slap Shot » Tue 2/21/12 8:45 pm

The Rube wrote:Frank rules. He kinda voiced his opinion on a certain career path at the F4 last year. We were in tears we were laughing so hard.


You can't type that and then not go into details.
User avatar
Slap Shot
Golden
 
Posts: 8338
Likes: 953 posts • Liked in: 846 posts
Joined: Sat 5/14/05 9:01 pm
Location: Brooklyn Park

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby The Rube » Tue 2/21/12 9:05 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
The Rube wrote:Frank rules. He kinda voiced his opinion on a certain career path at the F4 last year. We were in tears we were laughing so hard.


You can't type that and then not go into details.



PM sent. I'd rather just say publicly that it was hilarious.
Also known as Brenthoven on USCHO.
User avatar
The Rube
Golden
 
Posts: 11002
Likes: 796 posts • Liked in: 1161 posts
Joined: Sun 4/10/05 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Bash Brother » Tue 2/21/12 9:17 pm

The Rube wrote:
Slap Shot wrote:
The Rube wrote:Frank rules. He kinda voiced his opinion on a certain career path at the F4 last year. We were in tears we were laughing so hard.


You can't type that and then not go into details.



PM sent. I'd rather just say publicly that it was hilarious.



I want the PM as well please
User avatar
Bash Brother
Super Vet
 
Posts: 1876 • Age: 24
Likes: 68 posts • Liked in: 172 posts
Joined: Sun 4/24/11 5:09 pm
Location: East Grand Forks

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Armadillo » Tue 2/21/12 10:16 pm

The Rube wrote:
Slap Shot wrote:
The Rube wrote:Frank rules. He kinda voiced his opinion on a certain career path at the F4 last year. We were in tears we were laughing so hard.


You can't type that and then not go into details.



PM sent. I'd rather just say publicly that it was hilarious.


If you don't PM me, I'll cut dx.
GPL Unofficial Puck-to-the-Head Expert since 2006.

"If it was gravy or death, I'd eat it off of Rosie O'Donnell's asscrack. You can print that." -The Rube
User avatar
Armadillo
Golden
 
Posts: 7929 • Age: 36
Likes: 109 posts • Liked in: 1481 posts
Joined: Mon 11/14/05 1:11 pm
Location: Maple Grove, MN

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Orion » Tue 2/21/12 10:18 pm

Armadillo wrote:
The Rube wrote:
Slap Shot wrote:
The Rube wrote:Frank rules. He kinda voiced his opinion on a certain career path at the F4 last year. We were in tears we were laughing so hard.


You can't type that and then not go into details.



PM sent. I'd rather just say publicly that it was hilarious.



If you don't PM me, I'll cut dx.

May as well post it. Just change names :dup:
User avatar
Orion
Golden
 
Posts: 1745
Likes: 23 posts • Liked in: 59 posts
Joined: Wed 2/15/06 8:51 pm
Location: 13.2 miles from Mariucci

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Kelor » Tue 2/21/12 10:45 pm

I too want to hear that story of Mank Frazzacco (name changed to protect the innocent).
Kelor
Golden
 
Posts: 3501
Likes: 295 posts • Liked in: 243 posts
Joined: Sat 2/12/05 8:19 pm

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Beauner » Tue 2/21/12 10:48 pm

Kelor wrote:I too want to hear that story of Mank Frazzacco (name changed to protect the innocent).


Samesies.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"
User avatar
Beauner
Golden
 
Posts: 10675 • Age: 26
Likes: 957 posts • Liked in: 1418 posts
Joined: Sat 2/12/05 3:59 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby The Rube » Tue 2/21/12 10:51 pm

Man, I shouldn't have said anything. Lesson learned. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I will not tell the story publicly on the 'net, period. I will repeat it at the F5, any time someone sees me (or ask Slappy/Mole/'dillo, who are the people I pm'd). But I won't post it here. Too many eyes.
Also known as Brenthoven on USCHO.
User avatar
The Rube
Golden
 
Posts: 11002
Likes: 796 posts • Liked in: 1161 posts
Joined: Sun 4/10/05 11:01 am
Location: Chez Rube

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby dxmnkd316 » Wed 2/22/12 7:52 am

Kelor wrote:I too want to hear that story of Mank Frazzacco (name changed to protect the innocent).


A certain agitator, for privacy's sake let's call him Frank M. No, that's too obvious. Uhhh, let's say F. Mazzacco has raised questions about certain FSN policies. So, in the interest of creating an open dialogue, sit silently and watch this film.
The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back -H.Brooks

st8ofhockey: Is that a photocollage of a dick? Oh wait, that's Patrick Stewart

psych: haha, damnit dx, your phone is drunk again
dxmnkd316: f*** you, I can't stop any time I want
dxmnkd316: err wait

I don't think I'm always right. I just find it hard to operate on the opposite assumption.
Disclaimer: 95% of the things I post are jokes, sarcasm, or hyperbole. Thanks in advance for not taking things so literally
User avatar
dxmnkd316
Captain Kickball
 
Posts: 20145 • Age: 29
Likes: 1911 posts • Liked in: 1612 posts
Joined: Sun 10/09/05 4:24 am
Location: Oakdale

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Chris Eckes » Wed 2/22/12 9:44 am

dxmnkd316 wrote:
Kelor wrote:I too want to hear that story of Mank Frazzacco (name changed to protect the innocent).


A certain agitator, for privacy's sake let's call him Frank M. No, that's too obvious. Uhhh, let's say F. Mazzacco has raised questions about certain FSN policies. So, in the interest of creating an open dialogue, sit silently and watch this film.


WIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

Also, I'd like to hear the story. I'll trade you one of my own.
Formerly known as The X Factor
Gopher Hockey: Minnesota's Pride on Ice
National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Pride on Ice Blog: http://prideoniceblog.blogspot.com (click on the ads!)
Founding Member of the :ahhh: Fan Club - Est. 9/15/2010
2010 GPL Fantasy Baseball Champion
User avatar
Chris Eckes
Golden
 
Posts: 4373 • Age: 26
Likes: 545 posts • Liked in: 263 posts
Joined: Fri 3/02/07 9:04 pm
Location: S1, R1 (until 2012-2013...)

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Hobey Baker » Wed 2/22/12 11:54 am

Bump had a great interview yesterday with former Gopher hockey player, Evan Kaufman.

Evan is Jewish and is trying to play for the German National team. Interview talks about what Evan and his family have and is going through because of his relgion, ancestery (WW II) and his thought process. If you get a chance, go to KFan to listen to the interview and story.

There was also and article about Evan in the NY Times last Sunday.
User avatar
Hobey Baker
Golden
 
Posts: 12645 • Age: 47
Likes: 9 posts • Liked in: 142 posts
Joined: Mon 2/14/05 12:33 pm

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby gopher6 » Wed 2/22/12 12:02 pm

Hobey Baker wrote:Bump had a great interview yesterday with former Gopher hockey player, Evan Kaufman.

Evan is Jewish and is trying to play for the German National team. Interview talks about what Evan and his family have and is going through because of his relgion, ancestery (WW II) and his thought process. If you get a chance, go to KFan to listen to the interview and story.

There was also and article about Evan in the NY Times last Sunday.


all ready posted on Minnesota in the pros
User avatar
gopher6
Lifer
 
Posts: 2780 • Age: 52
Likes: 51 posts • Liked in: 34 posts
Joined: Wed 2/01/06 8:17 am
Location: frozen pond

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby gopherguy13 » Wed 2/22/12 5:18 pm

The Rube wrote:Man, I shouldn't have said anything. Lesson learned. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I will not tell the story publicly on the 'net, period. I will repeat it at the F5, any time someone sees me (or ask Slappy/Mole/'dillo, who are the people I pm'd). But I won't post it here. Too many eyes.

Man, he must really rip some people a new one in this story :lol:
"Oh, they're gonna dissect him like a frog. Like Kermit. That's probably my favorite frog.”
User avatar
gopherguy13
Golden
 
Posts: 9206 • Age: 23
Likes: 846 posts • Liked in: 1577 posts
Joined: Sat 10/02/10 8:53 pm
Location: Prior Lake, MN

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Gopherguy05 » Mon 2/27/12 5:11 pm

Mike Pomerantz leaving Kare 11 (and FSN North) to become new Play-by-PLay man for the San Diego Padres

http://www.startribune.com/entertainmen ... 26943.html
User avatar
Gopherguy05
Lifer
 
Posts: 3232 • Age: 31
Likes: 31 posts • Liked in: 223 posts
Joined: Fri 12/01/06 9:52 pm
Location: West St. Paul

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Kelor » Mon 2/27/12 8:22 pm

San Diego fits Pomerantz. I'm not even saying that in a negative fashion. I can picture him there.
Kelor
Golden
 
Posts: 3501
Likes: 295 posts • Liked in: 243 posts
Joined: Sat 2/12/05 8:19 pm

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Armadillo » Mon 2/27/12 10:47 pm

WE WANT MAGERS! *clap clap clapclapclap*
GPL Unofficial Puck-to-the-Head Expert since 2006.

"If it was gravy or death, I'd eat it off of Rosie O'Donnell's asscrack. You can print that." -The Rube
User avatar
Armadillo
Golden
 
Posts: 7929 • Age: 36
Likes: 109 posts • Liked in: 1481 posts
Joined: Mon 11/14/05 1:11 pm
Location: Maple Grove, MN

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Bushwood Gopher » Mon 2/27/12 11:09 pm

Pomerantz will be very good as a baseball play by play guy. It's just too bad he couldn't have taken Bremer's job.
Bushwood Gopher
Legend
 
Posts: 5008 • Age: 40
Likes: 364 posts • Liked in: 449 posts
Joined: Fri 3/04/05 4:29 pm

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby ex_goldy » Tue 2/28/12 12:21 am

I can't believe it's close to what he's making as lead anchor at Kare 11. Julie is the top paid anchor but he's got to be in the neighborhood of what she's paid. I guess he's much more of a sports wonk, just wants to do what he enjoys. Nice.
User avatar
ex_goldy
Golden
 
Posts: 1212
Likes: 27 posts • Liked in: 15 posts
Joined: Thu 3/08/07 11:29 am
Location: Upgraded to Sec. 18

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Bigbeer » Tue 2/28/12 12:26 am

ex_goldy wrote:I can't believe it's close to what he's making as lead anchor at Kare 11. Julie is the top paid anchor but he's got to be in the neighborhood of what she's paid. I guess he's much more of a sports wonk, just wants to do what he enjoys. Nice.

I'm sure the weather would be a plus, but I grew up in Florida and prefer Minnesota. Warm weather places are nice to visit, but the idiot annoyance factor is high.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger
User avatar
Bigbeer
Super Vet
 
Posts: 2485
Likes: 50 posts • Liked in: 248 posts
Joined: Wed 1/11/06 3:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby thinkbui » Tue 2/28/12 7:01 pm

I guess that answers our question as to why he was hosting Gophers Live all season long.
Image

"Are you the LEGO guy?"
--Gopher Hockey Cheer Chicks, 27 April 2006

If Wisconsin-Madison is the state's most prestigious university and the state itself is known as The Dairy State, does that mean UW is Bovine University?
User avatar
thinkbui
Addict
 
Posts: 7848 • Age: 31
Likes: 1 post • Liked in: 108 posts
Joined: Tue 3/08/05 1:56 pm
Location: Back in MN, thank God.

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Composer » Sun 3/04/12 10:31 am

It was good to see Bruce Brothers at the game again yesterday.
De gustibus non est disputandum
User avatar
Composer
Super Vet
 
Posts: 2063
Likes: 1 post • Liked in: 189 posts
Joined: Mon 5/01/06 8:46 am

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Bigbeer » Mon 3/05/12 8:06 pm

I hope Common is getting paid a whole lotta money for those Subway Taste Fairy commercials.
"My God, what is this salty discharge? Is this crying? This is terrible -- I care!"

"If only life was as simple as GPL" - Golden FE Ranger
User avatar
Bigbeer
Super Vet
 
Posts: 2485
Likes: 50 posts • Liked in: 248 posts
Joined: Wed 1/11/06 3:53 pm
Location: Hudson, WI

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby gopher6 » Mon 3/05/12 8:22 pm

Bigbeer wrote:I hope Common is getting paid a whole lotta money for those Subway Taste Fairy commercials.


it's been three months of these, it better be good $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
User avatar
gopher6
Lifer
 
Posts: 2780 • Age: 52
Likes: 51 posts • Liked in: 34 posts
Joined: Wed 2/01/06 8:17 am
Location: frozen pond

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Armadillo » Mon 3/05/12 8:35 pm

gopher6 wrote:
Bigbeer wrote:I hope Common is getting paid a whole lotta money for those Subway Taste Fairy commercials.


it's been three months of these, it better be good $$$$$$$$$$$$$$


I have never seen one of these commercials.
GPL Unofficial Puck-to-the-Head Expert since 2006.

"If it was gravy or death, I'd eat it off of Rosie O'Donnell's asscrack. You can print that." -The Rube
User avatar
Armadillo
Golden
 
Posts: 7929 • Age: 36
Likes: 109 posts • Liked in: 1481 posts
Joined: Mon 11/14/05 1:11 pm
Location: Maple Grove, MN

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Handyman » Tue 3/06/12 11:25 am

They are...interesting...
If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

My name is not Dan...I am however a prick!

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014
User avatar
Handyman
Needs help
 
Posts: 15061 • Age: 34
Likes: 2226 posts • Liked in: 1941 posts
Joined: Mon 4/14/03 12:24 am
Location: Plymouth, MN

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby gopherguy13 » Tue 3/06/12 12:47 pm

After the commercials started airing, I loved Common's bit when he was trying to prove a point: "If that happens, I'll parade around on TV in a pink fairy outfit!!" :lol:
"Oh, they're gonna dissect him like a frog. Like Kermit. That's probably my favorite frog.”
User avatar
gopherguy13
Golden
 
Posts: 9206 • Age: 23
Likes: 846 posts • Liked in: 1577 posts
Joined: Sat 10/02/10 8:53 pm
Location: Prior Lake, MN

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby bearpaw28 » Fri 3/16/12 8:33 am

Had my clock radio tuned to KFAN this morning...it went off and the POWERTRIP gang was talking about the Chris Cook situation. That whole debate aside...what struck me is how obnoxious SLUDGE (Cory Cove) is...he talks over everybody and comes off as an arrogant a_ _ hole. Morris is no intellectual giant, basically just knows alot about football, sticks to that and is likable....Chris Hawkey is kind of funny and is likable...Meatsauce is hilarious...acts kind of stupid on the show...but is likable...listening to SLUDGE is like fingernails on a blackboard...sad thing is the guy has got some brain-power...but never shuts up...talks a mile a minute and never listens to anybody else's take on the show.

Not that there is anything else good in th morning on sports radio...MIke & Mike is only good in small doses..unless you want to listen to NFL and Knicks talk all the time....Tommy B's show has been going downhill for years...and CCO :lol: ...to get a weather forecast you must endure countless commercial spots and guys who talk like they (belonged) in the movie Fargo (and I'm not talking about the more interesting kidnappers). Then Sid comes on for 5 minutes, can't hear what Dave Lee is saying...and sound like death warmed over...but is still better to listen to than "UTTER CREAM" spots :roll:
User avatar
bearpaw28
Super Vet
 
Posts: 1561
Likes: 83 posts • Liked in: 122 posts
Joined: Wed 7/19/06 1:57 pm

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Keith » Fri 3/16/12 9:24 am

bearpaw28 wrote:Had my clock radio tuned to KFAN this morning...it went off and the POWERTRIP gang was talking about the Chris Cook situation. That whole debate aside...what struck me is how obnoxious SLUDGE (Cory Cove) is...he talks over everybody and comes off as an arrogant a_ _ hole. Morris is no intellectual giant, basically just knows alot about football, sticks to that and is likable....Chris Hawkey is kind of funny and is likable...Meatsauce is hilarious...acts kind of stupid on the show...but is likable...listening to SLUDGE is like fingernails on a blackboard...sad thing is the guy has got some brain-power...but never shuts up...talks a mile a minute and never listens to anybody else's take on the show.


I could not have said it better myself, I agree 100%.
Keith
Golden
 
Posts: 1508 • Age: 32
Likes: 2 posts • Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Wed 4/09/03 11:52 am
Location: Savage

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby bearpaw28 » Sat 3/17/12 2:32 pm

Keith wrote:
bearpaw28 wrote:Had my clock radio tuned to KFAN this morning...it went off and the POWERTRIP gang was talking about the Chris Cook situation. That whole debate aside...what struck me is how obnoxious SLUDGE (Cory Cove) is...he talks over everybody and comes off as an arrogant a_ _ hole. Morris is no intellectual giant, basically just knows alot about football, sticks to that and is likable....Chris Hawkey is kind of funny and is likable...Meatsauce is hilarious...acts kind of stupid on the show...but is likable...listening to SLUDGE is like fingernails on a blackboard...sad thing is the guy has got some brain-power...but never shuts up...talks a mile a minute and never listens to anybody else's take on the show.


I could not have said it better myself, I agree 100%.


Last night...we all experienced something WORSE than listening to SLUDGE...GPL going down (as if it dropped to the earth's core) the very night the Gophers play the hated SUE in the FINAL FIVE. :mrgreen:
User avatar
bearpaw28
Super Vet
 
Posts: 1561
Likes: 83 posts • Liked in: 122 posts
Joined: Wed 7/19/06 1:57 pm

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Hammy » Sat 3/17/12 3:05 pm

I agree 100% bearpaw. I have said for a few years on here that I absolutely cannot stand Sludge for the reasons you mention. If he is even 10% as annoying in "real life" as he is on the radio, I feel sorry for anybody that knows him. He has become my least favorite KFAN broadcaster and he is the main reason I refuse to listen to the Power Trip show.
My Twitter: Hammy Hockey

My source of information is named ManOfSteel7. A superhero that works anonymously at the U.
User avatar
Hammy
Needs help
 
Posts: 11847
Likes: 131 posts • Liked in: 641 posts
Joined: Wed 4/09/03 3:06 pm

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Bushwood Gopher » Sat 3/17/12 3:35 pm

Hammy wrote:I agree 100% bearpaw. I have said for a few years on here that I absolutely cannot stand Sludge for the reasons you mention. If he is even 10% as annoying in "real life" as he is on the radio, I feel sorry for anybody that knows him. He has become my least favorite KFAN broadcaster and he is the main reason I refuse to listen to the Power Trip show.


He might be even worse in real life. Sat at his table in a poker tourney once. He makes Phil Hellmuth look humble.
Bushwood Gopher
Legend
 
Posts: 5008 • Age: 40
Likes: 364 posts • Liked in: 449 posts
Joined: Fri 3/04/05 4:29 pm

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby bearpaw28 » Sat 3/17/12 3:48 pm

Bushwood Gopher wrote:
Hammy wrote:I agree 100% bearpaw. I have said for a few years on here that I absolutely cannot stand Sludge for the reasons you mention. If he is even 10% as annoying in "real life" as he is on the radio, I feel sorry for anybody that knows him. He has become my least favorite KFAN broadcaster and he is the main reason I refuse to listen to the Power Trip show.


He might be even worse in real life. Sat at his table in a poker tourney once."He makes Phil Hellmuth look humble"


A GPL "Instant Classic" line. :lol: I needed a good laugh after the Dogs 2OT loss (coupled with) the Gophers collapse.
User avatar
bearpaw28
Super Vet
 
Posts: 1561
Likes: 83 posts • Liked in: 122 posts
Joined: Wed 7/19/06 1:57 pm

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby gopher6 » Mon 3/19/12 7:39 pm

So any word on fsn picking up this weekends games?
User avatar
gopher6
Lifer
 
Posts: 2780 • Age: 52
Likes: 51 posts • Liked in: 34 posts
Joined: Wed 2/01/06 8:17 am
Location: frozen pond

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Armadillo » Mon 3/19/12 8:23 pm

gopher6 wrote:So any word on fsn picking up this weekends games?


Are you the guy who kept calling Sportstalk about Brian Harper?
GPL Unofficial Puck-to-the-Head Expert since 2006.

"If it was gravy or death, I'd eat it off of Rosie O'Donnell's asscrack. You can print that." -The Rube
User avatar
Armadillo
Golden
 
Posts: 7929 • Age: 36
Likes: 109 posts • Liked in: 1481 posts
Joined: Mon 11/14/05 1:11 pm
Location: Maple Grove, MN

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Greyeagle » Mon 3/19/12 8:24 pm

Armadillo wrote:
gopher6 wrote:So any word on fsn picking up this weekends games?


Are you the guy who kept calling Sportstalk about Brian Harper?


Classic! :good2:
STOP CALLING AND ASKING!
Piss on you, I'm working for {Jupiter!} Mel Brooks!

"They'll come to Iowa City. They'll think it's really boring."
User avatar
Greyeagle
Golden
 
Posts: 12639 • Age: 47
Likes: 1256 posts • Liked in: 1193 posts
Joined: Wed 4/09/03 12:12 pm
Location: Pig's Eye

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby dxmnkd316 » Mon 3/19/12 10:43 pm

Greyeagle wrote:
Armadillo wrote:
gopher6 wrote:So any word on fsn picking up this weekends games?


Are you the guy who kept calling Sportstalk about Brian Harper?


Classic! :good2:
STOP CALLING AND ASKING!


One of the greatest Reusse soundbytes of all time. Some of the best radio this market has produced since Mischke got the boot from his evening timeslot on 1500.
The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back -H.Brooks

st8ofhockey: Is that a photocollage of a dick? Oh wait, that's Patrick Stewart

psych: haha, damnit dx, your phone is drunk again
dxmnkd316: f*** you, I can't stop any time I want
dxmnkd316: err wait

I don't think I'm always right. I just find it hard to operate on the opposite assumption.
Disclaimer: 95% of the things I post are jokes, sarcasm, or hyperbole. Thanks in advance for not taking things so literally
User avatar
dxmnkd316
Captain Kickball
 
Posts: 20145 • Age: 29
Likes: 1911 posts • Liked in: 1612 posts
Joined: Sun 10/09/05 4:24 am
Location: Oakdale

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby sunbone » Fri 4/06/12 2:44 pm

Maybe this should be in the dumb question thread but is Dark Star a regular on KFAN? I was just flipping around and heard him on there. And what happened to him? He sounds like Sid if Sid smoked 5 packs of unfiltered Camels per day.
User avatar
sunbone
Golden
 
Posts: 5710 • Age: 47
Likes: 25 posts • Liked in: 1149 posts
Joined: Fri 2/11/05 3:18 pm
Location: PWC

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Beauner » Fri 4/06/12 3:05 pm

sunbone wrote:Maybe this should be in the dumb question thread but is Dark Star a regular on KFAN? I was just flipping around and heard him on there. And what happened to him? He sounds like Sid if Sid smoked 5 packs of unfiltered Camels per day.


He's on with Common Man every Friday in the 2pm hour.
He's a douche and his voice is so incredibly irritating.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"
User avatar
Beauner
Golden
 
Posts: 10675 • Age: 26
Likes: 957 posts • Liked in: 1418 posts
Joined: Sat 2/12/05 3:59 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 » Fri 4/06/12 3:07 pm

he looks and dresses like a over grown child.
User avatar
sec 16 row16 seat 16 17
Golden
 
Posts: 2239 • Age: 54
Likes: 43 posts • Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Mon 1/31/11 4:07 pm
Location: patroling the blueline

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby gopherguy13 » Fri 4/06/12 3:43 pm

Beauner wrote:
sunbone wrote:Maybe this should be in the dumb question thread but is Dark Star a regular on KFAN? I was just flipping around and heard him on there. And what happened to him? He sounds like Sid if Sid smoked 5 packs of unfiltered Camels per day.


He's on with Common Man every Friday in the 2pm hour.
He's a douche and his voice is so incredibly irritating.

Exactly why I turn Common off every Friday at 2 :lol:
"Oh, they're gonna dissect him like a frog. Like Kermit. That's probably my favorite frog.”
User avatar
gopherguy13
Golden
 
Posts: 9206 • Age: 23
Likes: 846 posts • Liked in: 1577 posts
Joined: Sat 10/02/10 8:53 pm
Location: Prior Lake, MN

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby rowshkex » Fri 4/06/12 5:22 pm

Not a huge fan of Gordon's replacement after listening to him on the way to work. His voice is fine, and he does reasonably well, but it just isn't very distinct.

I will would have preferred Atteberry, but maybe he's not a huge play-by-play guy...

I'll give the new guy some time.
is rice chex.
is not Raphael.
is not quite Rau.
is not a hockey mind.
is a 1 time GPL Pick 'Em Weekly Non-Winner Tiebreaker Champion.
GPL's Resident Popcorn Popper :popcorn:
User avatar
rowshkex
Lifer
 
Posts: 3602
Likes: 196 posts • Liked in: 457 posts
Joined: Wed 2/23/11 6:07 am
Location: Minneapolis-ish

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Gopherguy05 » Fri 4/06/12 5:32 pm

rowshkex wrote:Not a huge fan of Gordon's replacement after listening to him on the way to work. His voice is fine, and he does reasonably well, but it just isn't very distinct.

I will would have preferred Atteberry, but maybe he's not a huge play-by-play guy...

I'll give the new guy some time.



I hate Atteberry, so I'm glad he didn't get the job. Provus is just fine.
User avatar
Gopherguy05
Lifer
 
Posts: 3232 • Age: 31
Likes: 31 posts • Liked in: 223 posts
Joined: Fri 12/01/06 9:52 pm
Location: West St. Paul

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby hrbekroenick » Fri 4/06/12 7:47 pm

Keith wrote:
bearpaw28 wrote:Had my clock radio tuned to KFAN this morning...it went off and the POWERTRIP gang was talking about the Chris Cook situation. That whole debate aside...what struck me is how obnoxious SLUDGE (Cory Cove) is...he talks over everybody and comes off as an arrogant a_ _ hole. Morris is no intellectual giant, basically just knows alot about football, sticks to that and is likable....Chris Hawkey is kind of funny and is likable...Meatsauce is hilarious...acts kind of stupid on the show...but is likable...listening to SLUDGE is like fingernails on a blackboard...sad thing is the guy has got some brain-power...but never shuts up...talks a mile a minute and never listens to anybody else's take on the show.


I could not have said it better myself, I agree 100%.


I have said the same thing 100 times. Maybe Morris will kick his arrogant ass on air.
User avatar
hrbekroenick
Super Vet
 
Posts: 1026
Likes: 634 posts • Liked in: 117 posts
Joined: Fri 2/11/05 5:18 pm
Location: Blaine

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Kelor » Fri 4/06/12 8:45 pm

Gopherguy05 wrote:
rowshkex wrote:Not a huge fan of Gordon's replacement after listening to him on the way to work. His voice is fine, and he does reasonably well, but it just isn't very distinct.

I will would have preferred Atteberry, but maybe he's not a huge play-by-play guy...

I'll give the new guy some time.



I hate Atteberry, so I'm glad he didn't get the job. Provus is just fine.


Wow. Whats wrong with Atteberry?
Kelor
Golden
 
Posts: 3501
Likes: 295 posts • Liked in: 243 posts
Joined: Sat 2/12/05 8:19 pm

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Norm » Fri 4/06/12 9:00 pm

Listened to KFAN this morning, Paul Charchian interviewed Marney Gellner about the Gophers. I'll paraphrase: Paul: "What year in school is Patterson?" Marney: "I don't know. Let's see. The backup goalie played a few minutes on Senior Night. That must mean Patterson is a Junior."
I was embarrassed for her. How long has she been doing Gopher games and she comes up with a ditzy statement like that?
Norm
Golden
 
Posts: 1080
Likes: 0 post • Liked in: 119 posts
Joined: Wed 5/13/09 10:38 pm

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Beauner » Fri 4/06/12 10:56 pm

Norm wrote:Listened to KFAN this morning, Paul Charchian interviewed Marney Gellner about the Gophers. I'll paraphrase: Paul: "What year in school is Patterson?" Marney: "I don't know. Let's see. The backup goalie played a few minutes on Senior Night. That must mean Patterson is a Junior."
I was embarrassed for her. How long has she been doing Gopher games and she comes up with a ditzy statement like that?


I've had this conversation a couple times with my buddy the last couple days because PA started to talk about the Gophers once the NCAA tournament started. My buddy is a Sioux fan and always skipped those segments because he didn't wanna listen to PA talk about the Gophers and how great they are when he knows nothing about college hockey. I told him he's basically flailing in the wind because when Dubay was on the show they usually had a couple hours each week devoted specifically to college hockey. Now that the Gophers are big time competitors again PA wants to be able to talk college hockey but knows nothing about hockey, let alone college hockey. I think 95% of the people employed by KFAN fit that same mold.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"
User avatar
Beauner
Golden
 
Posts: 10675 • Age: 26
Likes: 957 posts • Liked in: 1418 posts
Joined: Sat 2/12/05 3:59 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Snowcool08 » Fri 4/06/12 11:38 pm

Beauner wrote:
Norm wrote:Listened to KFAN this morning, Paul Charchian interviewed Marney Gellner about the Gophers. I'll paraphrase: Paul: "What year in school is Patterson?" Marney: "I don't know. Let's see. The backup goalie played a few minutes on Senior Night. That must mean Patterson is a Junior."
I was embarrassed for her. How long has she been doing Gopher games and she comes up with a ditzy statement like that?


I've had this conversation a couple times with my buddy the last couple days because PA started to talk about the Gophers once the NCAA tournament started. My buddy is a Sioux fan and always skipped those segments because he didn't wanna listen to PA talk about the Gophers and how great they are when he knows nothing about college hockey. I told him he's basically flailing in the wind because when Dubay was on the show they usually had a couple hours each week devoted specifically to college hockey. Now that the Gophers are big time competitors again PA wants to be able to talk college hockey but knows nothing about hockey, let alone college hockey. I think 95% of the people employed by KFAN fit that same mold.


I was going to comment on the Marney bit if nobody else did. She couldn't name either backup goalie or know what year Patterson was. For her sake, I hope she just got flustered and had something like a brain fart.

The whole college hockey segment on PA's show has always been a tough spot after Dubay left. Thankfully we have Cardinal on there weekly, otherwise it would just be awful. PA basically admits he watches the sport from afar and gets all his information from his friends. He says some of his friends are Sioux fans so that has to be a part of why the segment isn't always the best. Also, he never wants to offend any fanbase so he sounds very conflicted when talking about games.
User avatar
Snowcool08
Lifer
 
Posts: 2825 • Age: 28
Likes: 3 posts • Liked in: 216 posts
Joined: Tue 3/06/07 3:20 am
Location: South St. Paul

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 » Sat 4/07/12 9:12 am

tell PA we dont need him.
User avatar
sec 16 row16 seat 16 17
Golden
 
Posts: 2239 • Age: 54
Likes: 43 posts • Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Mon 1/31/11 4:07 pm
Location: patroling the blueline

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby streakygopher » Sat 4/07/12 11:23 am

Norm wrote:Listened to KFAN this morning, Paul Charchian interviewed Marney Gellner about the Gophers. I'll paraphrase: Paul: "What year in school is Patterson?" Marney: "I don't know. Let's see. The backup goalie played a few minutes on Senior Night. That must mean Patterson is a Junior."
I was embarrassed for her. How long has she been doing Gopher games and she comes up with a ditzy statement like that?

Holy crap, that rivals ...
"E85 -- the JOBZ zone you're talking about? Can't even comment on it, I'm sorry. It's like you've asked me the college quiz bowl question. What is E85?"
User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
 
Posts: 9896
Likes: 112 posts • Liked in: 557 posts
Joined: Thu 12/30/04 10:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Eastsider » Sat 4/07/12 6:57 pm

Last week PA was going on about how a story about gopher hockey was on page 4 of the sports and not the front page. he kept going on and on about this and that when he tries to have "talkers" about college hockey he doesnt get any response and can barely fill a segment. i dont think he realizes that college hockey fans, and even general hockey fans, know he doesnt have a clue when it comes to talking hockey so they dont even bother cause its a waste of time.

Another thing that drives me nuts about PA is when he has a hockey guests on wethers its Cardinal or Tenna or Gorg, PA always turns the conversation away from hockey. He'll talked for 10 minutes of a 20 minutes segment with Cardinal about the Vikes or Horses with Gorg or whatever. Pa should team up with sludge so i can not listen from 9 to noon and miss them both!!

Thanks god for GPL Podcast and Beyond the Pond :dup: :dup: :dup:
2012 - Pride on Ice has Returned to Gopher Hockey!!!!
aka Athlete_No45 on twitter
User avatar
Eastsider
Rookie
 
Posts: 235
Likes: 0 post • Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon 10/11/04 7:25 pm
Location: GO4 Fan in Sue-Land

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby MhdGopher » Sat 4/07/12 11:20 pm

Norm wrote:Listened to KFAN this morning, Paul Charchian interviewed Marney Gellner about the Gophers. I'll paraphrase: Paul: "What year in school is Patterson?" Marney: "I don't know. Let's see. The backup goalie played a few minutes on Senior Night. That must mean Patterson is a Junior."
I was embarrassed for her. How long has she been doing Gopher games and she comes up with a ditzy statement like that?


Marnie isn't a Gopher fan. She's a UND fan. Why would she bother knowing anything about the gophers? If you think that's sarcasm it's not. She's a UND fan. She talks about it all the time while on the Jack Michaels Fargo based radio show. Shes a very good friend of Hakstols wife. You think she doesn't know anything now wait until the Gophers aren't in the same conference as her favorite team. If she can't answer the most basic questions about the team she's covering it's time to move on.
MhdGopher
Veteran
 
Posts: 646
Likes: 3 posts • Liked in: 24 posts
Joined: Thu 2/17/05 12:13 am

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby streakygopher » Sun 4/08/12 11:15 am

MhdGopher wrote:
Norm wrote:Listened to KFAN this morning, Paul Charchian interviewed Marney Gellner about the Gophers. I'll paraphrase: Paul: "What year in school is Patterson?" Marney: "I don't know. Let's see. The backup goalie played a few minutes on Senior Night. That must mean Patterson is a Junior."
I was embarrassed for her. How long has she been doing Gopher games and she comes up with a ditzy statement like that?


Marnie isn't a Gopher fan. She's a UND fan. Why would she bother knowing anything about the gophers? If you think that's sarcasm it's not. She's a UND fan. She talks about it all the time while on the Jack Michaels Fargo based radio show. Shes a very good friend of Hakstols wife. You think she doesn't know anything now wait until the Gophers aren't in the same conference as her favorite team. If she can't answer the most basic questions about the team she's covering it's time to move on.

You mean to tell me that the Gophers' show is run by Lapanta and Marnie, both closet Sue fans? That's like having a communist running the greatest government of the free world......must......refrain.......from......further......comment :)
User avatar
streakygopher
Golden
 
Posts: 9896
Likes: 112 posts • Liked in: 557 posts
Joined: Thu 12/30/04 10:49 am
Location: anywhere but the middle of the road

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Beauner » Sun 4/08/12 11:24 am

streakygopher wrote:
MhdGopher wrote:
Norm wrote:Listened to KFAN this morning, Paul Charchian interviewed Marney Gellner about the Gophers. I'll paraphrase: Paul: "What year in school is Patterson?" Marney: "I don't know. Let's see. The backup goalie played a few minutes on Senior Night. That must mean Patterson is a Junior."
I was embarrassed for her. How long has she been doing Gopher games and she comes up with a ditzy statement like that?


Marnie isn't a Gopher fan. She's a UND fan. Why would she bother knowing anything about the gophers? If you think that's sarcasm it's not. She's a UND fan. She talks about it all the time while on the Jack Michaels Fargo based radio show. Shes a very good friend of Hakstols wife. You think she doesn't know anything now wait until the Gophers aren't in the same conference as her favorite team. If she can't answer the most basic questions about the team she's covering it's time to move on.

You mean to tell me that the Gophers' show is run by Lapanta and Marnie, both closet Sue fans? That's like having a communist running the greatest government of the free world......must......refrain.......from......further......comment :)


When she was on with Paul Allen during one of the FSN hours a month or so ago PA asked her about this and she says she cheers for UND every weekend unless they are playing Minnesota. When they play Minnesota she "cheers for good games" or something like that.
Formerly "Speedmerchant16"
User avatar
Beauner
Golden
 
Posts: 10675 • Age: 26
Likes: 957 posts • Liked in: 1418 posts
Joined: Sat 2/12/05 3:59 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby lar148 » Sun 4/08/12 12:47 pm

Eastsider wrote:Last week PA was going on about how a story about gopher hockey was on page 4 of the sports and not the front page. he kept going on and on about this and that when he tries to have "talkers" about college hockey he doesnt get any response and can barely fill a segment. i dont think he realizes that college hockey fans, and even general hockey fans, know he doesnt have a clue when it comes to talking hockey so they dont even bother cause its a waste of time.

Another thing that drives me nuts about PA is when he has a hockey guests on wethers its Cardinal or Tenna or Gorg, PA always turns the conversation away from hockey. He'll talked for 10 minutes of a 20 minutes segment with Cardinal about the Vikes or Horses with Gorg or whatever. Pa should team up with sludge so i can not listen from 9 to noon and miss them both!!

Thanks god for GPL Podcast and Beyond the Pond :dup: :dup: :dup:



The only time I can listen to barreiro is when Lou Nanne is on. Put him in that slot too
User avatar
lar148
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Likes: 0 post • Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun 3/11/12 1:33 pm

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby frozen4champs » Sun 4/08/12 1:58 pm

Beauner wrote:
streakygopher wrote:
MhdGopher wrote:
Norm wrote:Listened to KFAN this morning, Paul Charchian interviewed Marney Gellner about the Gophers. I'll paraphrase: Paul: "What year in school is Patterson?" Marney: "I don't know. Let's see. The backup goalie played a few minutes on Senior Night. That must mean Patterson is a Junior."
I was embarrassed for her. How long has she been doing Gopher games and she comes up with a ditzy statement like that?


Marnie isn't a Gopher fan. She's a UND fan. Why would she bother knowing anything about the gophers? If you think that's sarcasm it's not. She's a UND fan. She talks about it all the time while on the Jack Michaels Fargo based radio show. Shes a very good friend of Hakstols wife. You think she doesn't know anything now wait until the Gophers aren't in the same conference as her favorite team. If she can't answer the most basic questions about the team she's covering it's time to move on.

You mean to tell me that the Gophers' show is run by Lapanta and Marnie, both closet Sue fans? That's like having a communist running the greatest government of the free world......must......refrain.......from......further......comment :)


When she was on with Paul Allen during one of the FSN hours a month or so ago PA asked her about this and she says she cheers for UND every weekend unless they are playing Minnesota. When they play Minnesota she "cheers for good games" or something like that.

Just look at Marney's reaction after the "handshake". Woog asked her why does this stuff only happen in ND. She looked dumb founded and did not have an answer and moved on.
User avatar
frozen4champs
Golden
 
Posts: 2756 • Age: 47
Likes: 9 posts • Liked in: 85 posts
Joined: Fri 2/11/05 10:52 am
Location: Sioux Falls

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby bearpaw28 » Sun 4/08/12 2:15 pm

frozen4champs wrote:
Beauner wrote:
streakygopher wrote:
MhdGopher wrote:
Norm wrote:Listened to KFAN this morning, Paul Charchian interviewed Marney Gellner about the Gophers. I'll paraphrase: Paul: "What year in school is Patterson?" Marney: "I don't know. Let's see. The backup goalie played a few minutes on Senior Night. That must mean Patterson is a Junior."
I was embarrassed for her. How long has she been doing Gopher games and she comes up with a ditzy statement like that?


Marnie isn't a Gopher fan. She's a UND fan. Why would she bother knowing anything about the gophers? If you think that's sarcasm it's not. She's a UND fan. She talks about it all the time while on the Jack Michaels Fargo based radio show. Shes a very good friend of Hakstols wife. You think she doesn't know anything now wait until the Gophers aren't in the same conference as her favorite team. If she can't answer the most basic questions about the team she's covering it's time to move on.

You mean to tell me that the Gophers' show is run by Lapanta and Marnie, both closet Sue fans? That's like having a communist running the greatest government of the free world......must......refrain.......from......further......comment :)


When she was on with Paul Allen during one of the FSN hours a month or so ago PA asked her about this and she says she cheers for UND every weekend unless they are playing Minnesota. When they play Minnesota she "cheers for good games" or something like that.

Just look at Marney's reaction after the "handshake". Woog asked her why does this stuff only happen in ND. She looked dumb founded and did not have an answer and moved on.


While I think Marney reports on FSN with a matter of fact style (I think she'd be better off as a local TV newsperson) she is the least of my irratations watching FSN...compared to Robby Incm :cry: :lol: :wink: owski's inane interviews and comments. :chainsaw:
User avatar
bearpaw28
Super Vet
 
Posts: 1561
Likes: 83 posts • Liked in: 122 posts
Joined: Wed 7/19/06 1:57 pm

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Handyman » Mon 4/09/12 9:58 am

I hate PA but I think he tries at least which is more than I can say about most in this market. (including KSTP until they got the coverage) He and Barreiro fully admit they dont follow the sport which is why they have interviews with guys like Lou (on Barreiro) and Potulny. (PA)

Minus when big games happen, it doesnt exactly make for compelling radio to talk about it. It is a niche sport that for the last few years even die hards had a hard time watching because the product was mediocre. Not to mention have you heard some of the rubes who call in when college puck is discussed...they rival the winners who call in on Vikings Fan Line after a loss ;)

For guys like PA and Dan (and others on the other stations) who arent hockey guys it is a no win. If they ignore it they get ripped for ignoring it, and if they try and cover it they get ripped because they dont know enough about it to speak intelligently.

The Marney thing is inexcusable though...pretty much after every game at some point she would say 'Senior goalie Kent Patterson' I mean come on. You work for FSN covering the team, know the team.
If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

My name is not Dan...I am however a prick!

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014
User avatar
Handyman
Needs help
 
Posts: 15061 • Age: 34
Likes: 2226 posts • Liked in: 1941 posts
Joined: Mon 4/14/03 12:24 am
Location: Plymouth, MN

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 » Mon 4/09/12 10:23 am

bring back DUBAY some where.
User avatar
sec 16 row16 seat 16 17
Golden
 
Posts: 2239 • Age: 54
Likes: 43 posts • Liked in: 77 posts
Joined: Mon 1/31/11 4:07 pm
Location: patroling the blueline

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby sunbone » Mon 4/09/12 10:39 am

sec 16 row16 seat 16 17 wrote:bring back DUBAY some where.


Seriously? The guy had multiple chances to clean himself up and didn't do it. I wouldn't hire him.
User avatar
sunbone
Golden
 
Posts: 5710 • Age: 47
Likes: 25 posts • Liked in: 1149 posts
Joined: Fri 2/11/05 3:18 pm
Location: PWC

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby oldpirate33 » Mon 4/09/12 10:52 am

Judd and Phun on 1500 talk hockey a lot and actually follow the teams. Not sure why anyone bothers listening to KFAN if they are looking for hockey talk.
User avatar
oldpirate33
Rookie
 
Posts: 362
Likes: 6 posts • Liked in: 7 posts
Joined: Fri 9/14/07 11:12 am
Location: the rock

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby dailyfbo » Mon 4/09/12 12:08 pm

oldpirate33 wrote:Judd and Phun on 1500 talk hockey a lot and actually follow the teams. Not sure why anyone bothers listening to KFAN if they are looking for hockey talk.


I used to listen to PA and Dubay quite a bit but PA by himself has become too much to take. Is it possible Dubay actually kept PA a little grounded when they were on together?

Judd and Phunn aren't bad. Definitely more tolerable than PA.
dailyfbo
Golden
 
Posts: 1568
Likes: 0 post • Liked in: 31 posts
Joined: Wed 4/13/05 10:55 am
Location: Lindstrom

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Handyman » Mon 4/09/12 12:10 pm

I wouldnt listen to Judd talk about anything...that guy sucks. Phun I like when he talks hockey. I wouldnt listen to anyone else on 1500 they make me gag.
If you disagree with me, that is aok by me :) :dup:

My name is not Dan...I am however a prick!

"Yeah I know Handy,you're the smartest guy on the board,maybe on the whole interwebs!!! Yea Handy!!"
- dave122793 Sun Jan 05, 2014
User avatar
Handyman
Needs help
 
Posts: 15061 • Age: 34
Likes: 2226 posts • Liked in: 1941 posts
Joined: Mon 4/14/03 12:24 am
Location: Plymouth, MN

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby bearpaw28 » Tue 4/10/12 5:36 pm

Handyman wrote:I hate PA but I think he tries at least which is more than I can say about most in this market. (including KSTP until they got the coverage) He and Barreiro fully admit they dont follow the sport which is why they have interviews with guys like Lou (on Barreiro) and Potulny. (PA)

Minus when big games happen, it doesnt exactly make for compelling radio to talk about it. It is a niche sport that for the last few years even die hards had a hard time watching because the product was mediocre. Not to mention have you heard some of the rubes who call in when college puck is discussed...they rival the winners who call in on Vikings Fan Line after a loss ;)

For guys like PA and Dan (and others on the other stations) who arent hockey guys it is a no win. If they ignore it they get ripped for ignoring it, and if they try and cover it they get ripped because they dont know enough about it to speak intelligently.

The Marney thing is inexcusable though...pretty much after every game at some point she would say 'Senior goalie Kent Patterson' I mean come on. You work for FSN covering the team, know the team.


Was listening to PA this morning and he had on his weekly guest Mike Florio. How did this guy ever get to be (part of) the NBC Sunday Night Football telecast (that Dan Patrick hosts)? Is Profootballtalk.com that popular? Remember when he first started coming PA's show a few years ago and he was at least decent to listen to...although a bit arrogant.

Today Florio acted like a pompous prick. PA is kidding around with him at the start of the segment...for about 60 seconds in PA's long-winded but playful way...and Florio is like; you just wasted 2 minutes of time...now have wasted 3 minutes (implying his time is so precious and important)...but heh PA...its you're show. Florio has the personality...of a turd in a punch bowl. PA eventually moved on...but you could tell it pissed him off. Later on PA had Bert on and seemed annoyed at Bert not agreeing with him on a top 4 batting order of Span, Mauer, Morn. and Willingham...but I think his annoyance was more because he was still POed at what tool Florio is...wondering in anybody else was listening to this and what you're take was?
User avatar
bearpaw28
Super Vet
 
Posts: 1561
Likes: 83 posts • Liked in: 122 posts
Joined: Wed 7/19/06 1:57 pm

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby h8red » Tue 4/10/12 6:23 pm

All these news clowns & specialty sport guys who think they're so important should get dropped from any show. Florio has always been pompous. I think that WCCO should drop Sid and replace him with Scotty Farrell, no wait.... better yet, put Farrell on with Sid & put it online so we can watch the fireworks go off!
h8red
Super Vet
 
Posts: 1123
Likes: 93 posts • Liked in: 51 posts
Joined: Tue 3/22/05 3:19 pm
Location: on my HOG

Re: Local Broadcasting/Media

Postby Composer » Tue 4/10/12 6:49 pm

streakygopher wrote:That's like having a communist running the greatest government of the free world......must......refrain.......from......further......comment :)


Ozzie? Is that you? :mrgreen: :ahhh:
De gustibus non est disputandum
User avatar
Composer
Super Vet
 
Posts: 2063
Likes: 1 post • Liked in: 189 posts
Joined: Mon 5/01/06 8:46 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests